Technics SL-1200MK2 Quartz Synthesizer Direct Drive Turntable
Remember what DJs used in the club before the 1200s? Nobody else does either. That's because Technics' heavy-duty design, vibration-resistant construction, and mechanical precision make a lot of what those early DJs did possible. This deck was the first to feature a Direct Drive motor, quartz movement for total accuracy, adjustable tone arm weights, anti-skate control, a pop-up target light and a sliding pitch control. With each new improvement, as form follows function, the Technics turntable has become a thing of beauty. From the community centers at the beginning of the disco era to the clubs of today, Technics decks have been the standard for over thirty years.
Note: This turntable requires a standard mount cartridge for operation - sold separately. See Recommended Accessories.
Technics SL-1200MK2 Key Features
- Technics Original Integral Rotor-Platter Quartz DD (Direct-Drive) Motor
- Direct Drive turntables use Technics' original integral roto-platter Direct Drive motor for smooth, non-stop performance and unwavering quartz DD accuracy. This gives DJs the ability to spin records with quick starts, stops, and scratches, for the ultimate mixing experience.
- High Torque
- Technics' motor provides the ability for high torque starts, so your music is sure to start right on the beat. The 1200MK2's ultra-low-speed motor and high torque (1.5kg/cm) allow for super quick start-ups (0.7 sec) and stops.
- Vibration Resistant Construction
- A die-cast aluminum body, heavy rubber base, and a lack of unnecessary components or empty space allow the 1200MK2 to absorb unwanted vibrations that could otherwise interfere with the sound.
- Quartz Locked Pitch Adjustment
- Total quartz locked continuous pitch adjustment up to ±8%.
- Recessed Power Control
- Prevents the turntable from being shut off accidentally.
- Unwavering Quartz DD Accuracy
- Instead of just spinning the platter, the classic Technics Direct-Drive system actually incorporates it into the motor, reducing the number of parts that can malfunction and making consistent, accurate speeds possible. It's a system that has been providing fast start-up times and unequalled responsiveness for over thirty years.
- Wow & flutter: 0.025% WRMS, ±0.035% peak
- Rumble: -78dB (DIN B)
- Pop-up Stylus Illumination
- Pop-up stylus illumination for use in low light environments such as DJ booth or studio control room. Allows you to view the stylus tip during play.
- Highly Sensitive Low-Mass Tonearm
- Universal S-shaped low-mass tonearm with gimbal suspension for accurate reproduction of records.
- Helicoid Tonearm Height Adjustment
- For precise setting of tonearm.
- Hinged, Detachable Dust Cover
- Silver Finish
Technics SL-1200MK2 Specifications
- 13-5/64" (33.2cm)
- 3.74 lbs (1.7 kg)
- Turntable Speeds
- 33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm
- Variable Range Pitch
- ±8%, ±16%
- Starting Torque
- 1.3 lb-in (1.5 kg-cm)
- Build-Up Characteristics
- 0.7s from standstill to 33-1/3 rpm
- Braking System
- Electronic brake
- Wow and Flutter
- 0.01% WRMS
0.025% WRMS (JIS C5521)
±0.035% peak (IEC 98A Weighted}
- -56dB (IEC 98A Unweighted)
-78dB (IEC Weighted)
- Effective Length
- 9-1/16" (230mm)
- Arm Height Adjustment Range
- 19/32" (15mm)
- Effective Mass
- 12g (without cartridge)
- Offset Angle
- Less than 7mg (lateral, vertical)
- Tracking Error Angle
- Within 2º 32' (at the outer groove of 12" record)
Within 0º 32' (at the inner groove of 12" record)
- Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range
- Applicable Cartridge Weight Range
- 3.5g - 13g
11g - 20.5g (including headshell)
- Applicable Cartridge Weight Range (with auxiliary weight)
- 9.5g - 13g
17g - 20.5g (including headshell)
- Applicable Cartridge Weight Range (with shell weight)
- 3.5g - 6.5g
11g - 14g (including head shell)
- Headshell Weight
- Power Supply
- AC120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption
- 17-27/32" x 6-25/32" x 13-31/32"