Sony ICD-BM1B Digital Voice Recorder
The Sony ICD-BM1B Memory Stick™ Digital Voice Recorder is an intuitive, single-slide-control operated digital voice recorder with more than 45 hours of recording time. The ICD-BM1B has a clean, simple design and durable aluminum body that looks elegant and feels great in the palm of a hand. The model offers direct USB connection to a PC and is compatible with Dragon Naturally Speaking™ preferred voice-to-print software, helping busy professionals quickly get their thoughts down on paper.
The Sony ICD-BM1B comes with all the features necessary to organize thoughts and ideas. There are up to 340 message folders for dictation that provide separate message areas for different applications, such as business memos or personal reminders, and a voice email function to help send those memos to a colleague. Multiple recording modes allow you to vary recording quality based on the application, while the overwrite correction function lets you rewind to a location and re-dictate from the last correct word.
The ICD-BM1B digital voice recorder also employs long-term predicted excitation coding (LPEC) and up to 44.1 kHz sampling rate in stereo recording mode, which translates into crystal clear reproduction of every shout and mumble without distortion or crackling. The digital pitch control allows those recordings to be heard at slower than normal speeds to facilitate transcribing or editing, or faster for more rapid dictation review. The ICD-BM1B comes supplied with one 128 MB Memory Stick flash media card.
Sony ICD-BM1B Key Features
- Supplied Accessories:
- PC Download Software
- Carrying Case
- MDR-ED228LP Earphone
- RK-G136 USB Cable
- 128MB Memory Stick® Media
- Slide Control Switch Operation
- Allows for one-button operation of all major functions of the recording device.
- High Value Design with Seamless Aluminum Body
- Provides a more comfortable fit in the hand and lightweight to hold.
- Uses Removable Memory Stick® Media
- The ICD-BM1B records all dictation on compact, high capacity Memory Stick, and allows recorded cards to be readily distributed for processing. Memory Stick media cards up to 128MB can be inserted into the unit for different applications. An 128MB Memory Stick comes included.
- USB Connectivity for High Speed Copying of Files to PC
- Download files to your PC via a high-speed USB connection. Send voice messages quickly and easily to anyone with an e-mail address. Store messages on a PC's hard drive or on backup media. Sort voice messages by date and time, alarm, and priority and retrieve them quickly and easily. PC download software and Digital Voice Editor software is included. Complete flexibility for all your voice document recordings.
- Selective Automatic Folder Copy Function to PC
- Specify folders and automatically send their contents to a desired location on your PC.
- High Quality Sound
- Sony's LPEC™ (Long-term Predicted Excitation Coding) codec with a 16kHz sampling rate and improved frequency response ensures excellent recorded sound clarity in LP mode. Up to 44.1kHz sampling rate in stereo recording mode translates into crystal clear reproduction of every shout and mumble without distortion or crackling.
- Multiple Recording Modes
- Stereo, SP and LP modes allow different levels of recording for different situations.
- Up to 46 Hours Recording Time with Supplied 128MB Memory Stick
- Offers the option of up to 46 hours recording time in LP Mode on the supplied 128MB Memory Stick which may be recorded over and used again. Stereo Mode provides up to 5 hours recording time, SP Mode up to 17 hours.
- Overwrite (Correction) Function
- Allows the user to rewind to a location and re-dictate from the last correct word.
- Digital Pitch Control
- Allows recordings to be heard at slower or faster than normal speeds without distortion to facilitate transcribing or editing, or to move faster than normal to a desired portion.
- Up to 340 Personally Named Message Folders
- Provides separate message areas for different applications such as business memos or personal reminders, for better organization and faster access.
- Full Function LCD Display
- Shows number of messages recorded, recording length, date, time and battery power remaining.
- Incremental Rewind (Easy Search)
- Incremental Rewind is the equivalent of tape Fast Rewind but without returning all the way to the beginning of each recording, to help locate specific passages.
- Advanced Digital VOR (Voice Operated Recording)
- Stops the recording during silent pauses, saving valuable recording time, then begins recording again without missing a single syllable thanks to the digital buffer.
- Built-In Microphone
- For extra convenience, eliminates the need for an external microphone.
- Built-In Playback Speaker
- For monitoring playback of recordings.
- Battery Strength LCD
- LCD provides a visible signal when battery strength is low.
- Off/On Switch
- Hi/Lo Mic Sensitivity
- Enables the unit to record different situations, from group meeting to individuals, more effectively.
- Earphone and External Microphone Jacks
- Allows listening through earphones for privacy or transcription and the connection of an external microphone.
- LED Operation Indicators (Record/Play)
- Indicates Red when unit is recording, Green when in playback mode.
- Carrying Case Included
Sony ICD-BM1B Specifications
- Recording Media:
- Removable Memory Stick Media, 128MB included
- Channel Separation:
- Approximate Recording Times (With Included 32MB Memory Stick):
- ST: 5 Hours
SP: 17 Hours
LP: 46 Hours
- Frequency Range:
- ST: 60-13500Hz
- USB Terminal:
- 1¼" (32mm) dia.
- REC: Red; PLAY: Green
- USB Port, DC-in Jack, Microphone Jack
- Earphone Jack
- Power Requirements:
- DC 3V with AAA battery x 2
- Battery Life (Approx.):
- Rec: 10 Hours
- Dimensions (W x H x D):
- 1-3/4" x 4-15/16" x 3/4" (44 x 124 x 19mm)
- 3.5 oz. (99g)