Sony Cassette Recorders
Shop Sony Cassette Recorders Online
Feature Comparison Chart for Sony Cassette Recorders
Click on model number in the chart below to see photo and features.
Click on any underlined feature on this chart for a more detailed explanation.
Sony Cassette Recorders Feature Explanations:
- 1 - Standard Cassette Recording Media
- These recorders use easy to obtain, easy to store standard cassettes for recording and playback convenience.
- 2 - Playback Speed Control
- Lets you adjust playing speed as much as +30% or -15% for easier review of recorded information.
- 3 - Automatic Shut-Off at End of Tape
- Helps reduce mechanical wear, reduces battery consumption, and lets you know when you have reached the end of the tape.
- 4 - Cue and Review Function
- Provides sound during fast forward and rewind modes to help find specific passages.
- 5 - Clear Voice Sound System
- Enhances voice quality during recording and playback for greater clarity. Sony has boosted the milliWatt (mW) output of the amplifier. They've also upgraded the speaker itself to take advantage of the extra output. The speaker's frequency response is dedicated to the human vocal range. With Sony's Clear Voice Sound System, voices will have a rich clarity like you've never heard before!
- 6 - Voice Operated Recording
- When you select the Voice Operated Recording mode, your Sony tape recorder automatically goes into Record-Pause mode. As soon as the microphone detects a noise to record, the VOR will release pause; the unit then begins recording. It continues recording as long as there is sound present. When the sound stops, the recorder will continue for a moment and then revert back to the Record-Pause mode. When the sound begins again, the recorder will release the pause and start recording again. VOR extends recording time by saving tape; allows for hands-free operation while recording.
- 7 - Sony-Matic® Automatic Recording Level Control
- Uses advanced circuitry to ensure correct recording levels for the particular situation.
- 8 - AC Adaptor Included
- Included AC Adaptor conserves batteries and provides virtually unlimited recording and playback time when an AC power source is available.
- 9 - Built-In Flat Microphone for Conference Recording
- The Sony TCM-400DV's built-in mic is designed to pick up all the voices surrounding the recorder during a meeting.