Philips SpeechMike III 3205
Get Philips SpeechMike III 3205 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is a Philips Dictation
Authorized US Retailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
Boost your productivity. Simply working smarter with digital dictation. The professional SpeechMike USB microphone takes stationary dictation to a new level. It delivers excellent speech recognition capabilities, an antimicrobial surface for improved hygiene and refined ergonomics for convenient operation. The SpeechMike III delivers excellent speech recognition capabilities and refined ergonomics for convenient operation. There is no need to settle for less than the premium device -- go for the SpeechMike III!
Philips SpeechMike III 3205 Key Features
- Package Contents
- SpeechMike III dictation microphone
- USB cable
- CD-ROM containing SpeechExec Pro Dictate software and user manual
- Quick start guide
- Ergonomic, PC-Connected Handheld Device For PC Dictation
- The unique Philips SpeechMike allows you to dictate directly onto your computer. Uniting a dictation microphone, playback speakers, dictation control and PC navigation in one device, the SpeechMike gives you total control from the palm of your hand. After recording, simply send your sound file for transcription at the press of a button. No more risky transportation of cassettes that can be lost, damaged or accessed by unauthorized persons. Digital data recording and network-based file transfer equals unparalleled data protection.
- Superior Audio Quality, Noise-Canceling Microphone
- The advanced microphone design and an optimized frequency response rate for accurate speech recognition results.
- Integrated Sound Card And High-End Front Speaker For Crystal-Clear Playback
- The integrated sound card and speaker ensure crystal clear playback.
- Antimicrobial Surface
- The antimicrobial surface is important for use in a clinical environment. This feature was achieved by adding a substance to the plastic that impedes the reproduction of microorganisms and thus improves hygiene.
- Push Buttons for Dictation Control
- The push buttons enable easy one-thumb operation.
- Ergonomic Zones Design For First Class Handling
- Designed with three ergonomic zones, SpeechMike III has been tested and proven by users for a most comfortable fit in the human hand. The Dictation Zone is optimized to keep thumb movement to a minimum and allows for blind operation. The buttons needed for the actual dictation functions take up the greatest amount of space and are located in the central area of the device. Less frequently needed function buttons are clearly arranged in the zones above and below the Dictation Zone. There is no need to remove the hand from the microphone for navigation on the PC. Enjoy full control over the application while experiencing the ease of dictation with this unique device.
- Three Programmable Function Buttons
- Three programmable function buttons give full individual customization options.
- Optical Trackball for PC Navigation
- The Philips SpeechMike III features intuitive navigation tools such as an optical trackball, enabling you to navigate through Windows® applications while dictating. The trackball uses a laser sensor that allows precise cursor movements. It contains an integrated confirmation button for simple control of PC functions and can also be used to control playback volume. In conjunction with the professional dictation software SpeechExec Pro Dictate, desktop dictation becomes child's play. Experience increased productivity and user comfort.
- Optimized For Speech Recognition, Geared For Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- The advanced microphone design and an optimized frequency response rate cater for the best speech recognition results. The speech recognition software can be directly controlled with the SpeechMike III (Speech Control). The SpeechMike III features preconfigured buttons for direct control of Dragon NaturallySpeaking, the voice recognition solution from Nuance.
- SpeechExec Pro Dictation Software Included
- SpeechExec Pro Dictate dictation management software allows the seamless and flexible integration of dictation, transcription, and voice recognition in a single application. Dictation files and documents recorded with the SpeechMike can be sent by e-mail, uploaded to an FTP server, or archived in the company network -- even in encrypted form. User-friendly functions allow for clear and transparent organization of the recordings and the implementation of an efficient document workflow.
- Clearly Visible LEDs Indicate Record, Insert And Overwrite Mode
- The multicolor recording indicator LED is positioned around the microphone inlet. Its colors and display mode (blinking or static lit) give you information about the recording status of the SpeechMike device.
- Ergonomic And Elegant Office Design For Best User Comfort
- End-of-Letter and Insert/Overwrite Buttons
- When you are finished and do not want to make any further changes to a dictation, pressing the EOL button (End-of-Letter) marks the current dictation as finished. The file is closed. The INS/OVR button switches between Insert and Overwrite modes. In Overwrite mode the new speech replaces existing speech in the sound file from the insertion point forward. Insert mode allows new speech to be added to a sound file while leaving the existing speech intact.
- Can Be Fully Integrated Into Existing Workflow Systems
- Philips provides a software development kit (SDK) for speech, office, and business application developers that allows for convenient programming of interfaces when integrating the SpeechMike into professional information and dictation solutions.
Philips SpeechMike III 3205 Specifications
- Mini-USB 2.0
- Microphone Type:
- electret condenser microphone
- Microphone Cartridge:
- 10 mm
- Frequency Response:
- 200 - 10000 Hz
- Microphone Sensitivity:
- -37 dB @ 1 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
- > 70 dBA
- Built-in 30 mm round, dynamic speaker
- Acoustic Frequency Response:
- 300 - 7500 Hz
- Output Power:
- > 200 mW
- System Requirements:
- Pentium III, 500 MHz and 512 MB RAM (Recommended: Pentium IV or similar, 1 GHz and 1 GB RAM)
- 10 MB hard disk space for Speech Control, 100 MB hard disk space for SpeechExec (optional), 250 MB for Microsoft .NET Framework
- 1 free USB port
- DVD-ROM drive
- Operating system: Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Green Specifications:
- Compliant to 2002/95/EC (RoHS)
Lead-free soldered product
- Operation Conditions:
- Temperature: 41° - 113° F / 5° - 45° C
Humidity: 10% - 90%
- Cable Length:
- 10 feet / 3 meters
- Dimensions (W x L x H):
- 1.8" x 6.5" x 1.2" (45 x 165 x 30 mm)
- 4.2 oz. (120 g)