Philips Mini Cassette Transcribers
Shop Philips Mini Cassette Transcriber and Recorders Online
Feature Comparison Chart for Philips Mini Cassette Transcribers
Click on model number in the chart below to see photo and features.
Click on any underlined feature on this chart for a more detailed explanation.
Philips Mini Cassette Transcribers Feature Explanations:
- 1 - Mini Cassette Transcriber
- Most of these units come with earphones and foot control for professional transcription, plus helpful functions like Automatic Backspace Play. Earphones and foot control are available accessories for the 725D.
- 2 - Mini Cassette Recorder
- The Executive Desktop 725 features recording functions as well as transcription. Model 725D comes with Hand-held Microphone 276 for dictation, an available accessory for model 725T. Dictation Kit LFH0067 comes with a Pocket Memo 488 voice recorder and an Executive Desktop 720T Transcriber.
Mini Cassettes are the only media designed specially for the constant stop/start demands of dictation, giving you greater lifelong reliability, security and control in a miniature format. Recording begins instantly with your touch or the sound of your voice so there is no word clipping. And because Mini Cassettes have no "pinch wheel" (unlike other cassettes) there is no risk of tape tangle or distortion.
- 3 - Turbo Wind
- Get fast access to any part of the tape with Turbo Wind. Fast forward or rewind at 20x playback speed.
- 4 - Auto Backspace
- Automatically replays the last part of the dictation whenever the user stops and then resumes transcribing. The operator can adjust how much to rewind so tape resumes at the most desirable point prior to where it stopped.
- 5 - Hand-held Microphone 276 Included
- Philips Hand-held Microphone 276 installs on left or right side of unit to suit your personal convenience. It features a sensitivity switch with two recording modes: DICT for normal dictation applications, CONF for recording conferences and meetings.
- 6 - Audible Scan
- Monitor fast forward and rewind with Audible Scan. As the tape winds you can hear it played back at speed, helping you to locate a specific piece of dictation.
- 7 - Fast Erase
- Once you have finished transcribing a tape, you can erase it so that it is ready to take further dictation. Depending where you are on the tape, the fast erase function can be used in either direction: forwards or backwards. The erase function continues until either the beginning of tape is reached or another function is selected.
- 8 - Auto Rewind
- Especially for transcription, when autorewind is enabled, the Executive Desktop 725 and 720 automatically rewind the cassette to the beginning as soon as it is inserted. The rewind arrows in the LCD display show you that the tape is being rewound. The autorewind switch can be set to OFF if you do not wish to take advantage of this feature.
- 9 - LCD Tape Counter
- LCD Tape Counter shows the information stored on the cassette.
- 10 - Search Forward and Skip Functions
- Pressing the SEARCH key once causes the tape to be wound automatically to the next index marking from the current position. Press the SEARCH key multiple times to skip ahead. For example press the SEARCH key 3 times to skip automatically to the third index marking from the current position.