Philips Digital Pocket Memo 9500
Get Philips Digital Pocket Memo 9500 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is a Philips Dictation
Authorized US Retailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
The Philips Digital Pocket Memo® 9500 for mobile dictation is a professional dictation recorder that is perfect for professionals and non-professionals alike who wish to upgrade to digital dictation. The 9500 includes the popular four-position slide switch for familiar, single-handed operation. The large backlit LCD display and ergonomic design with a full metal case ensure quality and usability. SpeechExec Pro Dictate, the professional dictation software, is included for simple integration into your everyday document workflow. Crystal clear recordings are the perfect basis for efficient transcription or integration into voice recognition software.
Voice files are recorded onto an exchangeable SD card and emailed or downloaded via USB to a PC for transcription. The Digital Pocket Memo 9500's asymmetrical and ergonomic design delivers unparalleled user-friendly operation. All buttons are within the sweep-angle of the thumb. Dock the Digital Pocket Memo to the USB Docking Station and transfer your dictation files to the PC in seconds. At the same time, the USB Docking Station can be used to recharge the batteries. The Digital Pocket Memo 9500 is designed around standardized technologies. From SD (SecureDigital) or MMC (Multimedia) cards, mini-USB cables, batteries and sockets to the industry-standard .dss file format for speech processing, Philips employs non-proprietary accessories and technologies for the ultimate compatibility.
Philips Digital Pocket Memo 9500 Key Features
- Included Accessories
- Philips 9154 set of two rechargeable AAA batteries
- Philips 9120 USB Docking Station
- Philips 256MB Secure Digital (SD) memory card
- Travel pouch
- USB download cable
- Philips SpeechExec Pro Dictate software
- USB Smart Key
- User manual
- Quick start guide
- Four-Position Switch
- The 4-position switch enables easy one-thumb operation with Lock/Hold switch functionality. The four positions are (from top to bottom): Record (REC), Stop (STOP), Play (PLAY) and Fast Rewind (FRWD).
- Two Smart Buttons
- Two smart buttons let you scroll through menu options and quickly make selections. Navigating through the menu to assign work types and other commands is fast and intuitive.
- Docking Station 9120 Included
- The Docking Station 9120 enables hands-free recording, plus fast easy PC download and battery recharging. The docking station includes two Philips rechargable AAA NiMH batteries and Philips power supply.
- Compact and Portable, Ergonomic Design
- With the Philips Digital Pocket Memo 9500, a professional mobile recording system is always in your pocket. The Digital Pocket Memo's asymmetrical and ergonomic design delivers unparalleled user-friendly operation. All buttons are within the sweep-angle of the thumb.
- Large Backlit LCD Display
- Backlit LCD display makes reading the display in poor light conditions easier. The Digital Pocket Memo 9500's large 1.7-inch graphical display shows all file information, such as keywords (author name), length of dictation, position within the file, and other information at a glance.
- Exchangeable Multimedia/SD Card
- By supporting both Multimedia and SD Cards, Philips gives you freedom of choice and full flexibility for hours of voice recording. The DPM 9500 supports MMC and SD cards with storage capacities of up to 2 GB. The included 256MB SD memory card will provide about 44 hours of recording time in SP format or 65 hours of recording time in LP format.
- DSS (Digital Speech Standard) File Format
- Offering outstanding audio quality for recorded voice, .dss allows for a high compression rate, reducing file size, network traffic and required storage capacity. Legal firms, hospitals, government institutions or other users can benefit from reduced data volumes, resulting in easier file upload and transfer by e-mail, as well as reduced network traffic. The crystal-clear sound quality ensures that even quietly spoken passages can be understood and speech recognition can be applied. At the same time, .dss keeps power consumption in check, extending battery life. All professional Philips digital dictation devices, such as the SpeechMikes and the Digital Pocket Memos, support the .dss standard.
- SpeechExec Pro Dictate Dictation Software Included
- The Digital Pocket Memo 9500 is packaged with SpeechExec Pro Dictate. This professional dictation software facilitates the sharing and archiving of dictations and streamlines communication between author and transcriptionists. Features such as file encryption and interface with speech recognition systems.
- Designed Around Non-Proprietary Industry Standards
- The Digital Pocket Memo is designed around standardized technologies. From SD (or MMC) cards, mini-USB cables, batteries and sockets to the industry-standard .dss file format for speech processing, Philips employs non-proprietary accessories and technologies for the ultimate compatibility.
- Author Identification
- All dictations can be marked with the author's name for easier job identification and file routing.
- Automatic Transfer of Dictation Files Via E-mail or FTP
- Automatic e-mail/FTP delivery transfers files directly to a transcriptionist or outsourcing service.
- USB 2.0 Mass Storage Support
- With USB mass storage support, the Digital Pocket Memo is automatically displayed as an external drive when it is connected to the computer. It can then be accessed easily with any Microsoft Windows program as a regular drive.
- USB Fast-Charge
- The Digital Pocket Memo 9500 can be quick-charged through the USB connection to your PC. This gives you the assurance that your recorder will always be ready to work when you are.
- Automatic PC Download
- A standard USB 2.0 connection allows you to easily upload sound files to a computer or network and send them to your transcriptionist. When the DPM 9500 is connected to a PC via the USB cable, by default the download process is started automatically. With the included SpeechExec Dictate software you can also configure the download process to begin only after the DPM 9500's DL/INDEX button is pressed. You can also configure whether individual sound files or all of the sound files will be transferred from the DPM to the PC.
- End-of-Letter Index
- When you are finished and do not want to make any further changes to a dictation, pressing the EOL button (End-of-Letter) to mark the current dictation as finished. Finishing a dictation via the EOL button is also possible in Record Standby mode. The file is closed and a new, empty file is automatically generated. The file number is increased by one. The EOL button can also be disabled, if desired.
- Index Marks
- Index marks can be inserted at any position in the sound file. You can insert an index mark during Playback or Recording mode. Index marks can be used to mark certain points in a recording as points of reference. A point of reference may be the beginning of a major section, or a part of the recording that you may want to revise later or access quickly. In Playback mode, the index mark string is shown on the display when the playback cursor moves over an index mark. When you fast forward or fast rewind the file, the DPM 9500 will interrupt the current action at the insertion point of an index mark for about one second and the DPM will beep.
- Voice-Activated Recording
- Voice-activated recording mode is a convenient feature for hands-free dictation. When voice-activated recording is enabled, the DPM is in Record Standby mode; recording will start automatically when the input level exceeds a certain threshold (i.e. usually when you start dictating). Recording stops a few seconds after you stop speaking and restarts automatically when you start speaking again.
- Insert, Overwrite and Delete Functions
- Insert, overwrite and delete functions allow full editing and continuity of dictation (buttons can also be disabled). The delete function can be used for deleting a section from a sound file or deleting the whole sound file. The INS/OVR button switches between Insert and Overwrite modes. In Overwrite mode the new speech replaces existing speech in the sound file
from the insertion point forward. Insert mode allows new speech to be added to a sound file while leaving the existing speech intact.
- Adjustable Microphone Sensitivity
- Three-level adjustable microphone sensitivity for conference or close-range recordings.
Philips Digital Pocket Memo 9500 Specifications
- PC Requirements (SpeechExec Pro)
- Minimum: Pentium III, 500 MHz, 512 MB RAM
- Recommended: Pentium IV or similar, 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM
- Hard disk space: 100 MB for SpeechExec, 250 MB for Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework
- 1 free USB port
- Recommended minimum transfer rate for LAN: 100 Mbit/s
- Operating System: Windows® Vista, Windows XP (with SP 2), Windows 2000 (with SP 4)
- Recording Format:
- .dss (Digital Speech Standard)
- Memory Type:
- Secure Digital (SD)/Multimedia Card (MMC) up to 2 GB
- Recording Modes:
- Standard Play (SP)
Long Play mobile (LPm)
- Recording Time (SP/LP):
- 44 hours / 65 hours with 256 MB card
349 hours / 523 hours with 2 GB card
- Sampling Frequency:
- Standard Play mode: 12 kHz
Long Play mode: 8 kHz
- Compression Rate:
- Standard Play mode: 13.5 kbit/s
Long Play mode: 9 kbit/s
- Frequency Response:
- Standard Play mode: 200 to 5500 Hz
Long Play mode: 200 to 3500 Hz
- Type: TFT-Transreflective
Diagonal screen size: 1.71 in. / 44 mm
Resolution: 128 ~ 128 pixels
Backlight color: white
- Docking Connector:
- 8-pin female
- Mini USB 2.0 female (full speed, 12 Mbit/s)
- Power Supply Socket:
- 6V DC In
- Microphone Socket:
- 3.5mm mini plug, impedance 2 kΩ
- Earphones Socket:
- 3.5mm mini plug, impedance 8 Ω or more
- Built-in Speaker:
- 30mm round dynamic speaker
- Speaker Output Power:
- 200 mW
- Green specifications
- Compliant to 2002/95/EC (RoHS)
Lead-free soldered product
- Battery Type:
- Two Philips AAA Ni-MH rechargeable batteries (LFH 9154) or two AAA batteries (LR03 or R03)
- Battery Life (Standard Play Mode):
- 17 hours with Philips Ni-MH rechargeable battery
15 hours with Philips alkaline battery
- Rechargeable Batteries Charging Time (Full Charge):
- USB fast charging: 2.5 hours
Power supply: 2.5 hours
- Operation Conditions:
- Temperature: 5° - 45° Celsius / 41° - 113° Fahrenheit
Humidity: 10% - 90%
- Dimensions (H x W x D):
- 4.6" x 2.0" 0.7" (116 x 50 x 17mm)
- 3.7 oz. (106g), including two Philips AAA Ni-MH rechargeable batteries (LFH 9154)