Philips Digital Conference Recording System 955
Get Philips Digital Conference Recording System 955 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is a Philips Dictation
Authorized US Retailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
The professional Philips Conference Recording System is a compact, easy-to-use solution for all your conference recording needs. It provides excellent sound quality with cutting-edge technology, making recording, transcription and archiving meetings and conferences of any size a breeze. The expandability of components allows the system to grow with the needs of your business. The Conference Recording System 955 contains newly-designed companion Philips Boundary Conference Microphones and a remote control that allows the system to be used in small conference settings, as well as large settings such as press conferences or company meetings -- simply by adding additional microphones. The system also includes a special edition of the Philips Digital Pocket Memo, a handheld portable recorder equipped with two-channel audio encoding. The entire system is packaged in a metal carrying case for portability and quick set-up.
The Philips Boundary Conference Microphone design recently received the International Forum (IF) Product Design Award 2008 for its unique appearance and innovative functionality. The microphones use the acoustic pressure of the table surface and a special rubber lamination to minimize vibrations and filter extraneous noise. In addition, the new design allows sound pick-up from a 360-degree radius. The Digital Pocket Memos are designed to use interchangeable Secure Digital (SD)/Multimedia cards, giving the Conference Recording System 955 almost unlimited recording capacity for longer sessions. A clip-on two-channel stereo microphone transforms the Digital Pocket Memo into a functional stereo-quality interview recorder. When the handheld recorder is connected to the remote control, users can stop and start recording, as well as set index marks so that specific points in the recording can be quickly referenced.
Professional dictation software, Philips SpeechExec Pro Dictate, is included. The software allows file routing, editing and archiving of all recordings. For faster file transfer and reduced network traffic, the Conference Recording System 955 can convert files to the industry-standard, compact DSS/DSS2 file encoding format. Users can also choose the MP3 format, which can be easily distributed and played back by conference participants on their computer or MP3 player. PCM recording mode can be enabled through the included SpeechExec Pro Dictate software, offering uncompressed CD-quality recording crystal-clear stereo sound.
- Digital Conference Recording System 955 Package Contents
- Digital Pocket Memo 955
- Two 9172 conference microphones
- Click-on interview microphone
- Remote control
- USB Docking Station 9120
- SpeechExec Pro Dictate Software
- USB Smart Key
- Power supply 9146
- Philips Secure Digital (SD) memory card
- Philips rechargeable AAA Batteries 9154
- Interchangeable primary power adapters
- Mini USB cable, Y adapter cable
- Metal carry case
- User manual
Philips Digital Pocket Memo 955
Digital Pocket Memo 955 with click-on interview microphone
The two-channel conference recorder Digital Pocket Memo 955 is always ready to record your meeting. Handy, powerful and efficient, you can easily control the latest recording technology with push buttons. With an exchangeable SD card, you have virtually unlimited recording capacity, and the .dss file format produces excellent sound quality. Completed files can be quickly transferred to a PC via a USB cable for storage or professional transcription.
The Digital Pocket Memo's asymmetrical and ergonomic design delivers unparalleled user-friendly operation. The push button switch allows quick control and single handed operation. Together with the remote control, convenient handling is guaranteed. The Digital Pocket Memo is designed around standardized technologies. From SD (or MMC) cards, mini-USB cables, batteries and sockets to the industry standard .dss file format for speech processing, Philips employs non-proprietary accessories and technologies for ultimate compatibility.
Digital Pocket Memo 955 Key Features
- Push Buttons For Single Handed Operation
- The Digital Pocket Memo's asymmetrical and ergonomic design delivers unparalleled user-friendly operation. The push button switch allows quick control and single handed operation. All buttons are within the sweep-angle of the thumb.
- Two Smart Buttons
- Two smart buttons let you scroll through menu options and quickly make selections. Navigating through the menu to assign work types and other commands is fast and intuitive.
- Large Backlit LCD Display
- Backlit LCD display makes reading the display in poor light conditions easier. The Digital Conference Recording System 955's large 1.7-inch display lets you view all file information, such as the file name, author name, position within the file, and other vital information at a glance.
- Exchangeable Multimedia/SD Card
- By supporting both Multimedia and SD Cards, Philips gives you freedom of choice and full flexibility for hours of voice recording. The DPM 955 supports MMC and SD cards with storage capacities of up to 2 GB. The included 256MB SD memory card will provide about 44 hours of recording time in SP format or 65 hours of recording time in LP format.
- DSS (Digital Speech Standard) / DSS Pro File Format
- Offering outstanding audio quality for recorded voice, .dss allows for a high compression rate, reducing file size, network traffic and required storage capacity. Legal firms, hospitals, government institutions or other users can benefit from reduced data volumes, resulting in easier file upload and transfer by e-mail, as well as reduced network traffic. The crystal-clear sound quality ensures that even quietly spoken passages can be understood and speech recognition can be applied. At the same time, .dss keeps power consumption in check, extending battery life. All professional Philips digital dictation devices, such as the SpeechMikes and the Digital Pocket Memos, support the .dss standard.
DSS Pro file compression, an enhancement of the DSS standard, guarantees crystal-clear sound quality for more accurate manual transcription and optimized speech recognition results. The already high audio quality has been further improved with 16kHz samplin. The 16 kHz sampling rate facilitates the improved use of speech recognition systems and is thus even better suited to professional requirements.
- Stereo PCM and MP3 File Formats
- The Digital Pocket Memo 955 two-channel conference recorder is always ready to record your meeting. It offers a choice of recording formats including two-channel MP3 recording in Super High Quality stereo and High Quality stereo modes. PCM recording mode can be enabled through the included SpeechExec Pro Dictate software, offering CD quality recording in uncompressed Audio CD format for crystal-clear 44.1kHz, 16-bit stereo sound.
Digital Pocket Memo 955 with conference microphones and remote control
- Author Identification
- All dictations can be marked with the author's name for easier job identification and file routing.
- Sound Filter
- Activate the sound filter to minimize low- and high-frequency sounds and optimize voice recordings.
- Remote Control Included
- The smartest way of controlling the Conference Recording System. All major recording functions can be managed with the handy remote control. The puristic design guarantees a recording process without distraction.
- Docking Station 9120 Included
- The Docking Station 9120 enables hands-free recording, plus fast easy PC download and battery recharging. The docking station includes two Philips rechargable AAA NiMH batteries 9154 and Philips power supply 9146.
- Automatic PC Download
- A standard USB 2.0 connection allows you to easily upload sound files to a computer or network and send them to your transcriptionist. When the DPM 955 is connected to a PC via the USB cable, by default the download process is started automatically. With the included SpeechExec Dictate software you can also configure the download process to begin only after the DPM 955's DL/INDEX button is pressed. You can also configure whether individual sound files or all of the sound files will be transferred from the DPM to the PC.
- SpeechExec Pro Dictate Software Included
- The Digital Pocket Memo 955 is packaged with SpeechExec Pro Dictate. This professional dictation software facilitates the sharing and archiving of dictations and streamlines communication between author and transcriptionists. Features such as file encryption and interface with speech recognition systems. SpeechExec Pro Dictate allows file routing, editing and archiving of all recordings. The professional DSS recording format seamlessly integrates recording files for a professional transcription environment.
- Automatic Transfer of Dictation Files Via E-mail or FTP
- Automatic e-mail/FTP delivery transfers files directly to a transcriptionist or outsourcing service.
- End-of-Letter Index
- When you are finished and do not want to make any further changes to a dictation, pressing the EOL button (End-of-Letter) to mark the current dictation as finished. Finishing a dictation via the EOL button is also possible in Record Standby mode. The file is closed and a new, empty file is automatically generated. The file number is increased by one. The EOL button can also be disabled, if desired.
- Up To 16 Indices Per File
- Index marks can be inserted at any position in the sound file. You can insert an index mark during Playback or Recording mode. You can insert up to 16 index marks into each file. In Playback mode, the index mark string is shown on the display when the playback cursor moves over an index mark. When you fast forward or fast rewind the file, the DPM 955 will interrupt the current action at the insertion point of an index mark for about one second and the DPM will beep.
- Voice-Activated Recording
- Voice-activated recording mode is a convenient feature for hands-free dictation. When voice-activated recording is enabled, the DPM is in Record Standby mode; recording will start automatically when the input level exceeds a certain threshold (i.e. usually when you start dictating). Recording stops a few seconds after you stop speaking and restarts automatically when you start speaking again.
- Append and Delete Editing Functions
- The Digital Pocket Memo 955 offers Delete and Append editing functions. Regardless of the current position in the recording, additions to a recording are always appended at the end of a file without overwriting the existing recording. The delete function can be used for deleting a section from a sound file or deleting the whole sound file.
Digital Pocket Memo 955 Specifications
- Recording Formats:
- MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3)
Digital Speech Standard / Quality Play (DSS QP)
Digital Speech Standard / Standard Play (DSS SP)
PCM (Pulse-Code Modulation)
- Memory Type:
- Secure Digital (SD)/Multimedia Card (MMC) up to 2 GB
- Recording Modes / Recording time (with 2 GB SD Card):
- XHQ (.mp3/two channels) / 36 hours
HQ (.mp3/two channels) / 72 hours
DSS QP (.ds2/mono) / 170 hour
DSS SP: (.dss/mono) / 340 hours
PCM (.wav/two channels) / 3.1 hours
- Sampling Frequency:
- Standard Play mode: 12 kHz
Long Play mode: 8 kHz
- Compression Rate:
- XHQ: 128 kbit/sec.
HQ: 64 kbit/sec.
DSS QP: 27 kbit/sec.
DSS SP: 13.5 kbit/sec.
PCM: 1141 kbit/sec.
- Sampling Frequency:
- XHQ: 44.1 kHz
HQ: 32 kHz
DSS QP: 16 kHz
DSS SP: 12 kHz
PCM: 44.1 kHz
- Frequency Response (Voice Filter Mode / Music Filter Mode):
- XHQ: 300 - 8,000 Hz / 50 - 20,000 Hz
HQ: 300 - 8,000 Hz / 50 - 15,500 Hz
DSS QP: 300 - 7,000 Hz / not available
DSS SP: 300 - 5,700 Hz / not available
PCM: 300 - 8,000 Hz / 50 - 20,000 Hz
- Headphone Socket:
- 3.5mm mini plug, impedance 8 Ω or more
- Microphone Socket:
- 3.5mm mini plug, impedance 2 kΩ
- Data Input / Output Socket:
- Mini USB 2.0 full speed, 12 Mbit/s
- Power Supply Socket:
- 6V DC
- Docking Connector:
- 8-pin female
- Built-in Speaker:
- 30mm round dynamic speaker
- Output Power:
- 200 mW
- LCD Display:
- Type: TFT-Transreflective
Diagonal screen size: 44 mm / 1.71 in.
Resolution: 128 ~ 128 pixels
Backlight color: white
- Power Supply:
- 6V DC / 850 mA
- Power Consumption:
- 800 mA maximum (during charging)
- Battery Type:
- Two Philips AAA Ni-MH rechargeable batteries (LFH 9154) or two AAA batteries (LR03 or R03)
- Battery Life (DSS SP Mode):
- 17.5 hours with Philips Ni-MH rechargeable battery
15 hours with Philips alkaline battery
- Charging Time (Full Charge):
- USB fast charging: 2.5 hours
Power supply: 2.5 hours
- Operation Conditions:
- Temperature: 5° - 45° Celsius / 41° - 113° Fahrenheit
Humidity: 10% - 90%
- Dimensions (H x W x D):
- 4.6" x 2.0" 0.7" (116 x 50 x 17mm)
- 3.7 oz. (106g), including two Philips AAA Ni-MH rechargeable batteries (LFH 9154)
- SpeechExec Pro Dictate Software PC Requirements
- Minimum: Pentium III, 500 MHz, 256 MB RAM
- Recommended: Pentium IV or similar, 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM
- Hard disk space: 100 MB for SpeechExec, 250 MB for Microsoft .NET Framework
- Sound card and headphone output or speakers
- 1 free USB port
- Recommended minimum transfer rate for LAN: 100 Mbit/s
- Operating System: Windows® Vista, Windows XP (with SP 2), Windows 2000 (with SP 4)
Philips Conference Microphone 9172
Two Philips 9172 Conference Microphones are included with Conference Recording System 955. The Boundary Layer Microphone, a ground-breaking conference microphone, allows sound pick-up from a 360-degree radius for comprehensive recording with maximum quality. Its unique appearance with a plate-shaped foot provides the ideal conducting surface that enables sound to reach the microphone. To record large conferences, the system can be easily extended by connecting up to six microphones (daisy-chain). With its extendable wire including wire storage, the conference microphone demonstrates sense and simplicity.
Conference Microphone 9172 Key Features
- High-Quality Omnidirectional Conference Microphones With 360-Degree Pickup
- The design allows sound pick-up from a 360-degree radius, so there are no important details lost.
- Boundary Layer Microphone Design Minimizes Vibrations and Extraneous Noise
- The Philips Boundary Conference Microphone design recently received the International Forum (IF) Product Design Award 2008 for its unique appearance and innovative functionality. The microphones use the acoustic pressure of the table surface and a special rubber lamination to minimize vibrations and filter extraneous noise.
- High-Quality Stereo Recording
- Capture every discussion in stereo quality. Frequency response: 30 Hz ~ 18 kHz.
- Easy Setup
- The revolutionary, non directional conference microphone can be set up easily without a microphone stand.
- Two Conference Mics Included, Expandable to Six
- Up to 6 microphones can be connected, 3 per channel (2 are included with Conference Recording System 955).
Conference Microphone 9172 Specifications
- Boundary layer microphone
- Electret condenser microphone
- Output Impedance:
- 2.2 kΩ @ 1 kHz
- -38 dBV
- Frequency Response:
- 30 Hz ~ 18 kHz
- Phantom Supply Voltage:
- 1.5 to 5 V/ 0.5mA
- Audio Plug:
- Audio Jack (For Cascading):
- Cable Length:
- 6.5 feet (2 m)
- Dimensions (W x D x H):
- 5.1 x 5.1 x 0.7 inches (130 x 130 x 18 mm)
- 3.8 ounces (108 g)
Philips Interview Microphone
The compact click-on interview microphone transforms the Digital Pocket Memo into a fully functional stereo-quality interview recorder with no additional wires or components. It's the ideal mobile solution for recording interviews in high-quality mode.
Interview Microphone Specifications
- Electret condenser microphone
- Output Impedance:
- 2.2 kΩ @ 1 kHz
- -42 dBV
- Frequency Response:
- 40 Hz ~ 18 kHz
- Phantom Supply Voltage:
- 1.5 to 5 V/ 0.5mA per channel
- 3.5 mm plug
- Dimensions (W x D x H):
- 1.8 x 0.7 x 1.5 inches (45 x 17 x 39 mm)
- 0.4 ounce (11 g)