Panasonic H-FT012 Lumix G 12.5 mm / F12 3D Lens
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is a Panasonic
Authorized Internet etailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
Get Panasonic H-FT012 Lumix G 12.5 mm / F12 3D Price / Buy Online
The Panasonic H-FT012 Lumix G 12.5 mm / F12 3D is an interchangeable 3D lens designed specifically for Lumix G Micro System cameras. The world's first interchangeable 3D lens, the Lumix G 12.5mm / F12 realizes 3D shooting with compatible Lumix G Micro System cameras. A 3D media player that supports the MP (Multi-Picture) format is required to view 3D images. The Panasonic H-FT012 Lumix G 12.5 mm / F12 features two optical systems installed within its lens mount, creating stereo images from the left and right lenses, to be processed with a 3D image processing system. It produces 3D images without distortion or time lag between left and right images, even for moving objects. The 3D images, even close-up shots, taken with this lens are easy on the eyes when viewed on 3D VIERA televisions.
Shooting 3D content with an interchangeable lens system camera was possible by using panorama systems or a combination of two lenses and two CCDs, but these systems have drawbacks including the need for a dedicated 3D camera and the difficulties capturing moving objects. This compact 3D-capable interchangeable lens allows easier handling and instant 3D shooting with cameras without a special structure for 3D shooting. Despite its unique performance, the 3D lens is extremely compact in size thanks to Panasonic's advanced optical technologies and structural design. The Panasonic H-FT012 offers a 35mm camera equivalent focal length of 65 mm with the DMC-GH2 with the aspect ratio set at 16:9.
This lens allows users to shoot landscapes, people, and a variety of subjects in high-quality 3D, to be enjoyed later with their 3D VIERA televisions at home. As 3D content becomes ever more popular across a variety of media, Panasonic is leading the industry in bringing a true-to-life 3D experience to the people, and even the fun of creating it by themselves utilizing the Lumix G Micro System.
Panasonic H-FT012 Lumix G 12.5 mm / F12 3D Lens Key Features
- Included Accessories:
- Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Storage Bag
- 3D Lens With Allows 3D Image Viewing On Full HD 3D Viera Plasma TVs And Other 3D Displays
- Because the left and right eyes are located at different positions on the face, the left and right eyes perceive slightly different images. The difference between the two images is called visual disparity. The brain processes these two images with visual disparity to reconstruct spatial conditions, enabling us to see objects with three-dimensional depth. Images for the right and left eyes are simultaneously recorded through two lenses, allowing this 3D lens to artificially reproduce the phenomenon of visual disparity. To play back 3D images, simple insert an SD Memory Card in the slot of a Panasonic Viera 3DTV or use an HDMI mini cable to connect the camera to a 3DTV. The TV alternately reproduces the left-eye and right-eye images, which are viewed through 3D Eyewear.
- Natural Image Rendering By Combining The Pictures Taken Through Twin Lenses
- This easy-to-handle compact lens offers instant 3D still-picture shooting with two built-in optical systems installed within a single lens mount. The left and right stereo images are shot simultaneously without time lag so even a moving subject can be synthesized without distortion.
- Small And Lightweight Digital Interchangeable 3D Lens
- The lens system features an outstanding compactness, taking advantage of the Micro Four Thirds system standard to achieve dramatic downsizing.
- Minimum Focus Distance Of 1.97 Feet
Panasonic H-FT012 Lumix G 12.5 mm / F12 3D Lens Specifications
- Focal Length
- f=12.5mm (35mm film camera equivalent 65mm with the DMC-GH2, aspect ratio at 16:9)
- Lens Construction
- 4 Elements in 3 Groups + 4 Elements in 3 Groups
- Micro Four Thirds mount
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Aperture Type
- Fixed diaphragm
- Maximum Aperture
- F12 (Fixed)
- Minimum Aperture
- F12 (Fixed)
- Closest Focusing Distance
- 1.97 feet (60 cm)
- Maximum Image Magnification
- 0.02x (35mm Equivalent: 0.1x with the DMC-GH2, aspect ratio at 16:9)
- Diagonal Angle of View
- 37° with the DMC-GH2, aspect ratio at 16:9
- Stereo Base
- Filter Size
- Dimensions, Maximum Diameter x Length
- 2.24 x 0.81 inches / 57.0 mm x 20.5 mm (length measured from the top of the lens hood to the base side of the lens mount)
- 1.6 oz. (45 g)