Panasonic DMC-ZS25S Lumix Digital Still Camera
Also available in black model DMC-ZS25K.
Get Panasonic DMC-ZS25S Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is a Panasonic
Authorized Internet etailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 is the newest member of Panasonic's acclaimed ZS Series. The Lumix ZS Series has won worldwide popularity for its versatile ultra wide-angle to telephoto lens from and for its photo and movie recording capability packed in a compact body. The high-quality Leica DC Vario-Elmar ultra wide-angle zoom lens covers a wide range of shooting situations. The DMC-ZS25's powerful 20x optical zoom (35mm camera equivalent: 24 - 480 mm) draws your subjects right up close, and lets you freely capture decisive sports scenes, along with the natural expressions of people and animals, and details that you can't even see with your bare eyes. The DMC-ZS25 features a 16.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor that boasts high-speed signal output and high-sensitivity image recording for making many advanced features possible. It also allows shooting images up to ISO 3200 in full resolution.
The DMC-ZS25 can record high-resolution full-HD 1,920 x 1,080 60i videos in AVCHD (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. The DMC-ZS25 also offers 30p video recording in MP4 format which has high compatibility with PCs or smartphones for editing or sharing the videos. The popular iA (Intelligent Auto) mode assists easy video recording. The large 3.0-inch 460,000-dot Intelligent LCD assures high visibility in almost any lighting situations. The DMC-ZS25 newly offers POWER O.I.S. for all your shooting with Active Mode for Motion Pictures. Manual operation is available, as well as a variety of special effects that add fun to shooting experience -- Creative Control mode including Miniature Effect, Panorama Shot, Creative Retouch and Auto Retouch.
Panasonic DMC-ZS25S Key Features
- Included Accessories
- DMW-BCG10 Li-Ion Battery Pack
- AC Adaptor
- USB Cable
- Hand Strap
- Software CD-ROM: PhotofunStudio 9.0 Advanced Edition, Adobe Reader
- Leica DC Vario-Elmar Lens with 20x Optical Wide-Angle Zoom
- Leica Camera AG is a camera and lens maker lauded by photographers around the world. In every aspect of precision lens optics -- from polishing techniques to coating technologies to quality standards -- Leica Camera AG remains a world leader. Leica's multi-coating lens process for glare reduction helps to eliminate image fogging and ghosting when shooting in extremely bright light. A compact, versatile lens system is the hallmark of Lumix ZS series. The ZS25 features a high-quality Leica DC Vario Elmar 24mm ultra-wide-angle lens with a 20x optical zoom. A lens like this, with a range from 24mm to 480mm in 35mm film equivalence, is almost inconceivable in such a small, lightweight camera. This advanced lens unit realizes the outstandingly slim and compact body while surpassing Leica's stringent standards to deliver exceptional optical performance.
The Nano Surface Coating boasts extremely low reflectance ratio compared with the conventional multi coating to suppress ghost. With this plus Panasonic's black box technology, the image delivered through the lens of DMC-ZS25 has exceptional optical performance with stunning clarity that passes Leica's stringent standards. Comprising 12 elements in 10 groups, including 2 ED lenses and 3 aspherical lenses with 6 aspherical surfaces, this advanced lens unit suppresses chromatic aberration which tends to occur in telephoto shooting effectively.
- 40x Intelligent Zoom / 45x Extra Optical Zoom
- The DMC-ZS25's 20x optical zoom combines with the 1/2.3-inch diagonal 16.1-megapixel effective MOS sensor to give you enormous expressive power. Thanks to Intelligent Resolution technology, the Intelligent Zoom available with the DMC-ZS25 extends the zoom ratio by approximately 2x, maintaining the picture quality even combining a digital zoom. This means the 20x optical can virtually extend to a 40x equivalent. The Extra Optical Zoom function extends zoom power to 45x at 3-megapixel resolution or less by using the center part of the large MOS to bring subjects even closer.
- 20x Optical/4x Digital/80x Combined Zoom/140x Combined With Extra Optical Zoom
- This Panasonic Lumix digital camera is equipped with a 20x optical zoom, capable of producing close-ups with amazing detail. There is even a 4x variable digital zoom*, which, combined with the optical zoom, digitally magnifies images up to 80 times their normal size.
- POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) With Active Mode
- Especially important for a high zoom camera, Panasonic's advanced POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) enhances the camera's telephoto zoom capabilities, helping to deliver sharp, vivid images even when taking handheld telephoto shots or shooting in low light. This feature uses motion sensors, which detects even slight hand movement and integrally links the lens control to the motion of the camera to reduce jitter. Unlike digital image stabilization systems, this optical system provides precise compensation with no degradation in image quality. POWER O.I.S. is automatically turned on in the IA Mode and can be turned on or off in the P/A/S/M Mode or some Scene Modes.
POWER O.I.S. nearly doubles the hand-shake correction power of conventional MEGA O.I.S. Panasonic has worked on the low-frequency vibration hand-shake component, which is physically generated when pressing the shutter button or when shooting at night with a slow shutter speed. You get bright photos without blurring even from handheld shooting at slow shutter speeds. POWER O.I.S. is extremely effective for high-power zoom shots, and clearly captures subjects in the ultra-telephoto range, which used to require a tripod.
For more effective countermeasure against blur, Active Mode is an option for image stabilization in movie recording. In addition to the conventional POWER O.I.S., the Active Mode is especially effective in active movie recording at wide angle such as shooting while walking.
- Large Bright 3-inch LCD Monitor With Power LCD Mode, AUTO Power LCD Mode, High Angle Mode
- The ZS25 is equipped with a 3.0-inch, 460,000-dot Intelligent LCD with an approximate 100% field of view. The screen brightness automatically adjusts in 11 steps as the surrounding brightness level changes, ensuring easy visibility at all times. The big screen reflects fine details, making it easy to check the focus before shooting. It also serves as a small photo and video viewer, allowing the user and friends to enjoy viewing the still and motion images together.
Its large size lets everyone view the images together, and its crisp clarity is great for both shooting and playback. Under bright sunlight, the Auto Power LCD function increases the backlight brightness in nine steps according to the ambient light intensity. In dimly lit locations, it adjusts the frame rate of live images in two steps according to the ambient darkness. At the highest of these 11 steps, the LCD backlight becomes maximum 1.4 times brighter than normal. This makes both shooting and viewing photos easier and more convenient. The High-angle Mode makes the display extremely easy to view from a low angle, for example, when taking photos by raising your hand upward to capture the subject over the crowd.
- AVCHD Full HD 1920 x 1080 Motion Images
- There are many chances for you to record both photos and movies in everyday life, but you cannot always take all of your equipment with you. The Lumix DMC-ZS25 lets you do exactly that, and is especially suitable for recording short movies on the fly, with high-definition quality and snapshot ease. This is all made possible by AVCHD. AVCHD (Advanced Video Codec High Definition) is a practical format exclusively developed for recording High Definition motion pictures.
The Lumix DMC-ZS25 is an advanced photographic tool for recording not only great photos but also beautiful full-HD movies. The MP4 format has high compatibility with computers. In addition to MP4 videos, the DMC-ZS25 can record high-resolution full-HD 1,920 x 1,080 60i video in the AVCHD (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. The AVCHD format features almost twice the recording time in HD quality than conventional Motion JPEG and excels in compatibility with AV equipment like HDTVs or Blu-ray Disc players. A special, separate button on the top lets the user instantly start recording movies while shooting photos without any having to make any extra settings. With DMC-ZS25, there are always two options to record spur-of-the-moment scenes: high-quality photos or movies. The user can simply choose the one that saves precious memories most beautifully.
- 1/2.3-inch 16.1 Megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor With Primary Color Filter
- To realize the 1,920 x 1,080 full-HD movie recording with high image quality, a 16.1-megapixel MOS sensor was developed. For the effective concentration of light, the MOS sensor adopts microfabrication technology to achieve even higher sensitivity. With an advanced micro light tube structure, both color mixture and signal loss are prevented. The result is that the photo and movie shot at any sensitivity from low to high have outstanding clearness. The High Sensitivity MOS sensor boasts better S/N ratio compared with the CCD sensor in the DMC-ZS8. Together with the high-performance Venus Engine advanced image processor, the MOS sensor dramatically improves image quality in low-lit situations, reducing noise. The DMC-ZS25's Primary Color Filter uses the primary colors (red, green and blue) to ensure the correct extraction of color information from the CCD in order to create vivid, rich color images.
- Venus Engine LSI
- The DMC-ZS25's multi-task image-processing engine, the Venus Engine, processes large amount of full HD data at high-speed. The Venus Engine also realizes a super-fast response time. The excellent S/N ratio of the CCD sensor and the Intelligent Noise Reduction system in the Venus Engine allow both photos and videos shot at any sensitivity from low to high to boast outstanding clarity. Apart from the uniform enhancement of sharpness, the innovative technology Intelligent Resolution precisely performs signal processing pixel by pixel in the most effective way according to the area. As a result, images are naturally clear and crisp.
- Multi-Process Noise Reduction
- Multi-Process Noise Reduction applies optimum noise reduction according to the brightness of the part of the image. Images recorded in low-lit situations are now dramatically clear.
- Intelligent HDR
- The DMC-ZS25 integrates Intelligent HDR (High Dynamic Range) in the iA Mode. Several still pictures consecutively shot at different exposure levels are overlaid to produce a single composite picture without whiteout (over-exposure) or blackout (under-exposure). HDR Mode is also available in the Scene Mode.
- Intelligent Resolution
- Intelligent Resolution image processing technology is incorporated in the Venus Engine for the DMC-ZS25. With the Intelligent Resolution technology, 3 areas -- outlines, detailed texture areas and soft gradation areas -- are automatically detected and optimum signal processes are performed to each area. Apart from the uniform enhancement of sharpness, the innovative technology Intelligent Resolution precisely performs signal processing pixel by pixel in the most effective way for it. As a result, images are naturally clear and crisp in both photo and movie recording. The Intelligent Resolution function turns on in iA Mode or in some Scene Modes. Intelligent Resolution can also be activated from the menu.
- 3D Photo Mode
- The 3D Photo Mode produces a 3D image in the camera. The image-processing method used by Lumix records beautiful images with less distortion or visible image links. Take 20 panning shots and the camera automatically selects the two most suitable images -- one for the right eye and one for the left eye -- to synthesize a 3D composite. The 3D image can be viewed on a VIERA HDTV. The 3D image format is compatible with MPO, so it can be played back on other MPO-compatible equipment such as TVs and digital photo frames, or printed.
- Light Speed AF
- The DMC-ZS25 boasts Light Speed AF that helps to catch even the most fleeting photo opportunities. With approxinatelt 0.1 second focus time, you can quickly focus on moving subjects, such as when you're shooting sports scenes or animals.
- Intelligent Auto Mode
- With the ZS25, taking great photos is that easy. Panasonic incorporated the Intelligent Auto mode in pursuit of the ultimate ease of operation and the reduction of misshots. In iA mode the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose shots and capture moments. Just press aim, and shoot.
- Easy Manual Exposure Options
- The DMC-ZS25 provides easy-to-use manual controls. Use the Aperture-priority, for example, to create a soft-focused background effect or the Shutter-priority to produce a dynamic rendering of streaming water. You can explore your own creative expression at will. Manual operation requires only 3 simple steps: set the Mode Dial to the A/S/M Mode position, select the mode you want, then use the Exposure button to make any necessary adjustments. In Manual Exposure Mode you can set both the aperture and shutter speed, to take beautiful, artistic photos. In this mode, the Manual Exposure Assist function shows how much your setting differs from the setting the camera considers optimal. This serves as a convenient guide.
- REC Modes
- Intelligent AUTO: The camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose your shot and capture the moment.
- Program AE
- Aperture Priority AE: You select the aperture and the camera automatically sets the shutter speed according to the subject's brightness.
- Shutter Priority AE: You select the shutter speed and the camera automatically sets the aperture according to the subject's brightness.
- Manual: You can set the aperture and adjust the shutter speed.
- C1 Custom setting
- C2 Custom setting
- Panorama Shot Mode: Makes it is possible to shoot a 360-degree horizontal / vertical panoramic image with consequent shots taken by overlaying the previous picture.
- SCN: Scene Modes (see below)
- Creative Control (see below)
- Still Picture Scene Modes to Cover A Wide Variety of Shots
- Portrait Mode: This gives the background a soft focus while capturing the subject clearly and sharply.
- Soft Skin Mode The camera detects the face or skin area to achieve a smoother appearance of the skin than portrait mode.
- Scenery Mode: Capture sweeping vistas in sharp focus.
- Sports Mode: Uses a high shutter speed to catch moving subjects.
- Night Portrait Mode: The MEGA O.I.S. minimizes hand motion at slow shutter speeds, to capture people and night landscapes clearly and beautifully.
- Night Scenery Mode: Allows you to record the nightscape vividly by reducing the shutter speed.
- Handheld Night Shot Mode: For a blur-less, beautifully illuminated night shot even without using a tripod. The camera shoots consecutive 10 shots to simulate over one picture detecting and fixing the position of the subjects.
- HDR Mode: Several still pictures consecutively shot at different exposure levels are overlaid to produce a single composite picture without whiteout (over-exposure) or blackout (under-exposure).
- Food Mode: Allows you to take pictures of food with a natural hue without being affected by the ambient light in restaurants etc.
- Baby1, Baby2 Modes: These modes take pictures of a baby with a healthy complexion. When the flash is used, the light from it is weaker than usual. You can set the birthdays of two babies (Baby1 and Baby2). The baby's age can then be displayed when playing back pictures.
- Pet Mode: Because pets often won't hold still, this mode switches the camera to Intelligent ISO Control, which prevents motion blur. If you input your pet's date of birth, its age in months (at the time a photo was taken) is displayed when you view photos.
- Sunset Mode: Emphasizing red tones, this mode is designed to capture clear, vivid shots of colorful sunsets.
- High Sensitivity Mode: Select this mode for high-sensitivity processing. You can take pictures at ISO 6400 sensitivity equivalent.
- Glass Through Mode: This mode reduces both light and image reflection and allows you to take pictures through glass.
- Underwater Mode: This mode reduces excessive blue tone in underwater pictures.
- Starry Sky Mode: By making the shutter speed slower, allows you to take vivid pictures of a starry sky or a dark subject that you could not take in Night Scenery.
- 3D Photo: Produces a 3D image in the camera.
- Creative Control and Creative Retouch
- You can use the Creative Control features for shooting photos and videos. It renders highly unique expressions by matching the colors to your subject and surroundings. You can also retouch images after they are shot with Creative Retouch. The filters are also available during playback. Creative Control options include:
- Expressive: A Pop Art style image effect that emphasizes color
- Retro: A soft image effect that gives the impression of faded and tarnished old color photos and videos
- High Key: An image effect with a bright ambience
- Low Key: Creates a peaceful atmosphere for the image, makes bright areas stand out
- Sepia: An image effect that captures the impression of faded old black and white photos and videos
- High Dynamic: An image effect that emphasizes light and dark areas
- Dynamic Monochrome: A gray scale effect with no color, with high contrast for dramatic effect
- Toy Effect: Produces vignetting, giving the appearance the image was taken with a toy camera
- Soft Focus: Slightly blurs the entire image for a softer appearance, useful for portraits
- Miniature Effect: Adjusts defocused and in-focus areas to make the subject look like a miniature model
- Impressive Art: Gives your photo dramatic contrast and vivid color.
- Cross Process: Gives your photo dramatic colors.
- Star Filter: Transforms pin-points of light into a star effect.
- One Point Color: Creates a near monochrome image leaving one selected color for dramatic effect.
- Color Mode
- Alter the coloring to suit your taste. Available color modes include Standard, Vivid (in P, A, S and M Modes), Sepia, Black & White and Happy Mode (only in iA Mode), which optimizes color, saturation and brightness to make both photo and video more vivid and true to the color the users remember when they took it.
- Advanced Face Detection With Face Recognition
- The ZS25 features Face Recognition, a function that "remembers" faces. When a familiar face is recorded several times, the camera will prompt you to register the face. Once complete, if the familiar face appears into your frame again, the camera will display the name you specified for that person and prioritize focus and exposure so that the registered face is bright and in sharp focus. During registration, you can change the icon that indicates when the registered subject is in focus. You can also specify the age of the registered subject and have both the name and the age of the subject stamped onto your photos. When babies under 3 years-old are registered, the camera will automatically switch to Baby mode if the baby appears into the frame. In playback, you can choose to display only photos that contain a specific registered face using Category Playback. You can also view image slideshows of only a selected person. Face recognition makes sorting archiving incredibly easy. This advanced face detection system also digitally corrects unwanted red-eye during recording.
- AF Tracking
- With AF Tracking, the ZS25 can lock onto any subject and keep it in focus even if it moves -- making it easy to get beautiful, clear shots when a great photo opportunity suddenly arises. Simply aim, lock, and shoot.
- Intelligent ISO Control (IIC)
- While hand-shake is the single biggest cause of blurry images, it is not the only one. Another problem is the motion blur that can occur when a subject moves as the shot is being snapped. Incorporating Panasonic's Intelligent ISO Control, Lumix cameras were the first in the world to fight motion blur. With Intelligent Image Stabilization -- Mega O.I.S. to compensate for hand-shake plus Intelligent ISO Control to prevent motion blur -- Panasonic has equipped the new Lumix DMC-ZS25 with the industry's most advanced countermeasures against blurring.
The IIC system detects whether or not the subject is moving. If it is, the system automatically raises the ISO setting accordingly, allowing the camera to shoot at a higher shutter speed. If the subject is not moving, the camera shoots at a low ISO setting and captures beautiful, natural-looking images. Intelligent ISO Control is included as one of the corrections in certain scene modes used to shoot subjects that are often moving, such as Sports, Baby and the newly added Pet mode. Simply select the mode that best suits the subject, and Intelligent ISO Control provides the optimal corrections, making it easy to capture crisp, clear photos.
- Digital Red-eye Correction
- This feature helps to eliminate the red-eye problem that sometimes results when taking flash shots at the night. Incorporated into the built-in flash, the camera emits a small preliminary flash before the main flash, detects red-eye and will digitally correct it.
- 90 MB Built-in Memory
- Take photos even when you don't have an SDHC/SD Memory Card on hand. Just use the built-in memory, then copy the data to an SDHC/SD card or PC later. You can also copy images from a memory card or PC to the built-in memory, and view them on the LCD anytime you like. In addition to providing extra memory when your memory card fills up, this is a great place to store your favorite photos so you can view them anytime you want.
- Large-Capacity, High-Speed Storage Media -- SD, SDHC SDXC and Memory Card
- The SD Memory Card, the ZS25's media for storing image data, offers both a large capacity and fast data transfer. The camera also accommodates large-capacity SDHC memory cards.
- Two-Speed Zoom
- This function allows you to control the zoom operation in two speeds, Low and High, with the zoom lever. Rotate the lever a small amount for slow zooming, and a larger amount for high-speed zooming. This makes it easy to zoom in and out quickly when you need to, or to slow down for finer zooming control.
- Date Stamp
- You can print the date on your photos. In addition to the ordinary recording date, you can choose Baby or Pet mode from among the Scene Modes to automatically print the age of a child or pet by inputting the birthdate in advance, or use the Travel Date Setting to print which day of the trip each photo was taken on. These dates, which can be helpful when making a photo album, can be stamped on photos whether you print them yourself at home or have a photo shop do them.
- ISO Sensitivity Settings
- Adjust light-receiving sensitivity just like with a film camera. Available settings: Auto and ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 and 3200 equivalents (1600 - 6400 ISO equivalent in High Sensitivity Mode).
- Built-in Digital Flash
- The ZS25 offers a number of flash modes, including Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction for nighttime portraits, and Forced On/Off.
- White Balance Settings
- Choose from six white balance settings: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Shade, Incandescent and White Set.
- Manual Exposure Compensation
- 1/3 EV steps up to ±2 EV
- Auto Exposure Bracketing
- Automatically shoot three frames with graduated exposure, one shot overexposed, one shot at correct exposure, one shot unedrexposed. Bracketing amount can be set for 1/3 to 1 EV steps.
- Real-Time Histograms
- The DMC-ZS25's histogram feature functions like a digital light meter, providing a graphic representation of the luminance level of the pixels composing an image. By using the histogram, users can exercise more precise exposure control for quality photos. The histogram can be displayed on the unit's large LCD screen while an image is being recorded and also after a shot has been taken.
- 2-Second/10-Second Self-Timer
- Why should you always be the photographer, and never the subject? Once you set the camera to self-time mode, you have up to ten seconds to pose for the picture.
- USB 2.0 High-speed Computer Interface
- Panasonic Lumix cameras supports the USB 2.0 high-speed standard. In comparison with conventional full-speed data transfer at 12 Mbps, USB 2.0 high-speed transfers data at soeeds up to 480 Mbps. This is a highly practical speed for sending high-volume image data from the camera to a PC for viewing or storage.
- Versatile Interfaces: USB Terminal, A/V Output Terminal (NTSC)
- Built-in Microphone and Speaker
- The microphone allows you to record audio when using the motion and still image recording features.
- AF Assist Lamp
- Provides extra lighting as a focusing aid for slightly dark situations where AF focusing would ordinarily be difficult.
- PictBridge Direct Print Compatibility
- The Direct Printing Mode has been added to the mode dial so you can make prints by simply connecting the camera to a Pictbridge-compatible printer with the included USB cable. Of course you can make mulitple prints of a image or print only those you have selected as your favorites.
Panasonic DMC-ZS25S Specifications
- CCD (Image Sensor)
- 1/2.33-inch 17.5 Total Megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor, Primary Color Filter
- Camera Effective Pixels
- 16.1 Megapixels
- Recording Format
- Still Image: JPEG (design rule for camera file system, based on Exif 2.3 standard), DPOF corresponding
3D Image: MPO
Motion Images: AVCHD, MP4
- Image Quality
- Fine/ Standard (3D Mode: MPO Fine/ MPO Standard)
- Resolution, Still Image (pixels):
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
4608 x 3456 (16M)
3648 x 2736 (10M EZ)
3072 x 2304 (7M EZ)
2560 x 1920 (5M EZ)
2048 x 1536 (3M EZ)
640 x 480 (0.3M EZ)
3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
4608 x 3072 (14M)
3648 x 2432 (9M EZ)
3072 x 2048 (6M EZ)
2560 x 1712 (4.5M EZ)
2048 x 1360 (2.5M EZ)
640 x 424 (0.3M EZ)
16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
4608 x 2592 (12M)
3648 x 2056 (7.5M EZ)
3072 x 1728 (5.5M EZ)
2560 x 1440 (3.5M EZ)
1920 x 1080 (2M EZ)
640 x 360 (0.2M EZ)
1:1 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
3456 x 3456 (12M)
2736 x 2736 (7.5M EZ)
2304 x 2304 (5.5M EZ)
1920 x 1920 (3.5M EZ)
1536 x 1536 (2.5M EZ)
480 x 480 pixels (0.2M)
- Motion Picture Recording:
- HD Movie:
AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60i (FHD: 17Mbps; Sensor output is 30fps)
MP4: 1920 x 1080 pixels, 30fps (FHD: 20Mbps; Sensor output is 30fps)
AVCHD: 1280 x 720 pixels, 60p (HD: 17Mbps; Sensor output is 30fps)
MP4: 1280 x 720 pixels, 30fps (HD: 10Mbps; Sensor output is 30fps)
4:3 Aspect Ratio:
MP4: 640 x 480 pixels (VGA), 30 fps (4 Mbps)
(Max. of approx. 4 GB of continuous motion picture can be recorded in MP4. In AVCHD, recording may be continued until the card is full)
- Leica DC Vario-Elmar Lens
- 12 elements in 10 groups (3 aspherical lenses / 6 aspherical surfaces, 2 ED lenses)
- Focal Length
- f = 4.3 - 86 mm (35mm equiv: 24 - 480 mm; 28 - 560 mm equiv. in movie recording)
- Optical Zoom
- 20x (2-speed zoom)
- Digital Zoom
Max. 80x combined with Optical Zoom
Max. 40x combined with Optical Zoom and Intelligent Zoom (When Digital Zoom is used simultaneously with Intelligent Zoom, you can only increase the zoom ratio up to 2x)
- Extra Optical Zoom
- 25.3x (4:3 / 10M), 30.0x (4:3 / 7M), 36.0x (4:3 / 5M), 45.0x (4:3 / under 3M)
- Intelligent Zoom
- F3.3 - 6.4 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F3.3 - 8.0 (W) / F6.4 - 8.0 (T))
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Power O.I.S. (On / Off / Active Mode (only for motion picture))
- Focusing Area:
- Normal: Wide 19.7" (50cm) - infinity / Tele 78.7" (200cm) - infinity
Macro / Intelligent AUTO / movie recording: Wide 1.18" - infinity (3cm - infinity) / Tele 39.4" (100cm) - infinity
- AF Metering:
- Face / AF Tracking / 1-area / Multi (23-area) / Spot
- Normal / AF Macro / Macro Zoom, Quick AF On / Off (On in Intelligent Auto), AF Tracking,
Continuous AF (only for motion picture)
- Shutter Speed
- Approx. 4 - 1/2,000 sec.
Starry Sky Mode: 15, 30 sec.
- ISO Sensitivity
- Auto / i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200; High Sensitivity Mode: Auto (1600 - 6400)
- Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
- Exposure Compensation
- 1/3 EV Step, ±2 EV
Auto Bracketing (AE): ± 1/3 EV ~ 1EV step, 3 frames
- Backlight Compensation
- Yes (only in Intelligent AUTO mode)
- Light Metering
- Intelligent Multiple / Center-weighted / Spot
- Recording Modes, Mode Dial
- Intelligent Auto, Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual, C1 (Custom), C2 (Custom), Panorama Shot, Scene, Creative Control
- Still Picture Scene Modes
- Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Handheld Night Shot, HDR, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Glass Through, Underwater, Starry Sky, 3D Photo
- Creative Control Mode
- Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, High Dynamic, Toy Effect, Miniature, Soft Focus, Impressive Art, Cross Process, Star Filter, One Point Color
- White Balance
- Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set / White Balance Adjustment (Except Auto)
- Self Timer
- 2 sec / 10 sec
- Color Mode
- Standard, Vivid, Black & White, Sepia (in P / A / S / M Modes), Happy (only in iA Mode)
- Continuous Shooting Mode
- Full-Resolution Image: With AF Tracking: 5 frames / sec, 2 frames / sec, Max. 100 images
Hi-speed Burst Mode: approx. Approx. 10 frames / sec (recorded in 3M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9, 2.5M for 1:1)
- Built-in Flash Modes
- Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced Off
- Built-in Flash Range, ISO Auto
- Wide: 1.97 - 21.0 feet (0.6 - 6.4 m)
Tele: 3.28 - 10.2 feet (1.0 - 3.3 m)
- LCD Monitor
- 3.0-inch (7.5 cm) Diagonal TFT Color LCD with 460,000 pixels, Field of view: approx. 100%, AUTO Power Monitor mode, Power Monitor mode, High Angle mode
- Playback Mode
- Normal Playback, Slideshow, Filtering Playback (Picture Only, Video Only, 3D Play, Travel Playback, Category Playback, Select Date, Favorites Playback), Calendar Playback, Thumbnails (12, 30), Zoomed Playback, Histogram, Calendar Display, Set Favorites, DPOF Print Setting, Set Protection, Creative Retouch, Auto Retouch, Resize, Cropping, Copy, Title Edit, Text Stamp, Cut Animation, Video Divide
- Direct Print:
- PictBridge (Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF)
- Built-in SD / SDHC / SDXC Card Slot
- Recording Media:
- Approx. 90 MB Built-in-Memory
- SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card (optional)
- Built-in mono
- Built-in mono
- mini HDMI, USB 2.0 High Speed, AV Output (AV / USB Multi)
- Power Supply:
- ID-Security Li-Ion Battery Pack (3.6V, 895 mAh, 3.3 Wh) (included)
- AC Adaptor (Input: 110 - 240V AC) (Included, connect with USB cable, playback only)
- Battery Life
- Up to 260 pictures (CIPA Standard)
- Model Color
- Dimensions (H x W x D)
- approximately 2.32" x 4.13" x 1.13" (58.9 x 104.9 x 28.7 mm)
- approximately 6.0 oz. (171 g) without Battery and SD Memory Card
approximately 6.8 oz. (193 g) with Battery and SD Memory Card