Panasonic DMC-TS5D Lumix Digital Still Camera
Also available in black model DMC-TS5K, silver model DMC-TS5S and blue model DMC-TS5A.
Get Panasonic DMC-TS5D Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is a Panasonic
Authorized Internet etailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5, Panasonic's toughest photo and video compact camera to date, is built for those seeking adventure and demanding the ability to document unbelievable moments anytime, anywhere. With impressive image quality and an outstanding range of features packed into a neat, durable, yet fun design, the TS5 is the perfect companion for capturing those breathtaking instances, whether underwater, atop a mountain or in the desert. The Lumix TS5 is the ultimate hardy camera, ensuring that no matter where you find yourself, such as diving with sea life, hanging from a rock face or exploring the winding alleys of a foreign market, you will be able to take the best shot possible without having to worry about whether or not your camera is able to withstand the conditions. Waterproof to a depth of 43 feet, shockproof from a height of 6.6 feet, freeze proof from a temperature of 14 degrees Fahrenheit and pressure resistant to 220 lbs, the Lumix TS5 really is the tough guy of the compact camera market.
The DMC-TS5 enables full HD, 1920 x 1080 60p movie recording in AVCHD Progressive format and allows exceptional audio capture with Dolby® Digital. For those times when operating the camera with two hands may be difficult a dedicated button makes it possible to let you instantly start recording movies without having to choose any extra settings. The iA Mode is available in movie recording and the POWER O.I.S. comes in handy when shooting while on the move or from challenging places, countering handshake and vibrations. A Leica DC-Vario Elmar lens (28mm wide with a 4.6 x zoom) and a 3.0-inch LCD ensure that the TS5 punches well above its weight. Additionally a 16.1 megapixel high sensitivity sensor, new Venus engine, time lapse recording and 10 frames per second burst shooting*, means this camera is not only tough, it's intelligent. The TS5 is packed full of features ready to help you capture any moment that you encounter.
The Lumix TS5 boasts one-touch easy connection to Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n) with NFC (Near Field Communication), allowing for remote picture capture, via the Lumix remote app, and quick and easy upload. You will be able to take photos from more remote places: simply download the Panasonic Image App to a mobile device and use it as your viewfinder to take incredible photographs while the TS5 is nestled in a tough-to-shoot location such as hanging down in between a crevice or the back of a boat. You can tag the location of the photo using the built-in GPS functionality. Other benefits from the Wi-Fi connectivity include 1GB cloud storage, upload and back-up, as well as connectivity to your TV for viewing on the big screen and easy transfer for printing by wireless printers.
Panasonic DMC-TS5D Key Features
- Included Accessories
- DMW-BCM13 Li-Ion Battery Pack
- Battery Charger
- A/V Cable
- USB Cable
- Hand Strap
- Software CD-ROM: PHOTOfunSTUDIO 9.1 Personal Edition, Adobe Reader
Panasonic DMW-MCFT5 Marine Case
- Water Proof (43 ft.), Dust Proof, Shock Proof (6.6 ft.), Freeze Proof (14°F), Pressure Resistant (220.5 lbf)
- The DMC-TS5 is shockproof, waterproof, dustproof and freezeproof in design with the capability to record high-definition movie in AVCHD. Featuring a 28mm wide-angle lens, 4.6x optical zoom and iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, this versatile camera lets you capture your moments no matter what the intended shooting terrain is. Swim along with tropical fish and capture shots of beautiful coral reefs, or take recordings of your friends around a camp fire. The DMC-TS5 is an extremely versatile camera that you can take with you wherever the action calls.
With waterproof performance to a depth of 43 feet (13 meters) equivalent to the IEC60529 IPX8 standard, the DMC-TZ2 supports active shooting on a beach, underwater or in a pool. If the camera gets dirty, soil and dust can be rinsed off with water. The optional Panasonic DMW-MCFT5 Marine Case can be purchased separately. This case will protect your DMC-TS5 Lumix digital camera down to a depth of 147 feet (45 meters).
The DMC-TS5 is shockproof when dropped from a height up to 6.6 feet (2 meters) in accordance with the MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock test standard. It lets you shoot actively while moving around with the camera in one hand. The DMC-FT5 features pressure resistance of 220.5 lbf (100 kgf) thanks to the reinforced rib structure of its internal design. You can safely put it in the pocket or backpack.
Freezeproof to 14 degress F (-10 degrees C), the DMC-TS5 supports shooting while skiing, snowboarding or skating. The DMC-TS5 is dustproof equivalent to the IEC60529 IP6X standard. While hiking or playing sports, fine dust particles can enter through gaps in a standard camera body and cause malfunction. The DMC-TS5 can be used in these activities without problems.
- Sealed Design and Anti-Fog Glass
- If sand or other foreign matter becomes lodged in the rubber packing around the socket section or card/battery door, water can penetrate into the camera body and lead to a malfunction. The sealed body design of the DMC-TS5 prevents this, so you can use it safely at the beach or other sandy areas. An anti-fog glass for the lens cover prevents it from being fogged with steam.
- Wi-Fi® Connectivity with NFC
- The integrated Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n) of the LUMIX DMC-TS5 is simple to set up and opens a world of new possibilities. By making use of this feature and wirelessly connecting your camera to a mobile device or smartphone, you can now fully control your photography remotely. With the TS5's remote shooting capability, the days of setting up a timed image of you and your family and hoping for the best are over. After starting the Panasonic Image App on your smartphone or tablet, you can transform the device's screen into a real-time viewfinder and control the camera's zoom and shutter directly from the device, ensuring that you can get into that ideal photo-ready position before using the remote shutter release for that perfect holiday picture. The TS5's Wi-Fi capability also means that you can share your pictures and movies with friends and family instantly, without having to first upload them to a computer.
There's no need to worry about running out of storage space either. The TS5 allows you to easily save photos and videos to the cloud with the LUMIX Club Cloud Sync service. With a NFC (Near Field Communication) capability, connecting the TS5 to a Wi-Fi connection couldn't be easier. One simple tap and the camera will recognize the settings of your Internet enabled device allowing you to save, send and share.
- 28mm Wide-angle Leica DC Lens with Folded Optics Technology and 4.6x Optical Wide-Angle Zoom
- Leica Camera AG is a camera and lens maker lauded by photographers around the world. In every aspect of precision lens optics -- from polishing techniques to coating technologies to quality standards -- Leica Camera AG remains a world leader. Leica's multi-coating lens process for glare reduction helps to eliminate image fogging and ghosting when shooting in extremely bright light.
The DMC-TS5 features a wide-angle 4.6x optional zoom f/3.3-5.9 Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens (35mm film camera equivalent: 28-128mm). This lens system features the folded optics technology realized by the inclusion of a prism. It comprises 10 elements in 8 groups, with 1 ED (Extra Low Dispersion) lens and 5 aspherical lenses / 6 aspherical surfaces to achieve high optical performance while maintaining compactness. Naturally, the lens meets Leica's stringent standards. This high-quality lens combines high brightness and minimal distortion to capture 28mm wide-angle photos with outstanding, corner-to-corner detail. The 28mm wide-angle lens lets you easily capture large groups of people indoors or expansive architectural structures and scenes with dynamic width and rich perspective, even from short distances.
- POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer)
- Panasonic's advanced POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) enhances the camera's telephoto zoom capabilities, helping to deliver sharp, vivid images even when taking handheld telephoto shots or shooting in low light. This feature uses motion sensors, which detects even slight hand movement and integrally links the lens control to the motion of the camera to reduce jitter. Unlike digital image stabilization systems, this optical system provides precise compensation with no degradation in image quality. POWER O.I.S. is automatically turned on in the IA Mode and can be turned on or off in the P/A/S/M Mode or some Scene Modes.
POWER O.I.S. nearly doubles the hand-shake correction power of conventional MEGA O.I.S. Panasonic has worked on the low-frequency vibration hand-shake component, which is physically generated when pressing the shutter button or when shooting at night with a slow shutter speed. You get bright photos without blurring even from handheld shooting at slow shutter speeds.
- 9.3x Intelligent Zoom / 10.5x Extended Optical Zoom
- Thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology, the Intelligent Zoom available with the DMC-TS5 extends the zoom ratio by approximately 2x maintaining the picture quality even combining a digital zoom. This means the 4.6x optical can virtually extend to 9.3x equivalent. The DMC-TS5's 4.6x optical zoom combines with the 1/2.33" diagonal 12.1-megapixel effective CCD to give you enormous expressive power. The Extended Optical Zoom, which minimizes the image degradation that normally occurs with digital zooming, gives you up to 10.5x power in photos at a resolution of 3 megapixels or less. Using this feature in combination with the 4x digital zoom brings the total zooming power to a remarkable 42x.
- Built-in GPS (Global Positioning System) Unit With GLONASS
- With its GPS feature, the Panasonic Lumix TS5 is the ultimate travel companion, and can record the latitude and longitude in the EXIF (Exchangeable Image File Format) data, while also displaying the location information real-time while shooting and during playback. These geo-tagged images can be pinpointed on maps common in photo-sharing websites and social media sites, so travels can be archived and also visually represented on a map and easily shared with friends and family. The Panasonic Lumix TS5 also shows the name of the city, country and state, and information for more than 1,000,000 popular landmarks, covering 82 countries or regions, are stored in the camera's internal memory. For instance, when users are taking photos of the Eiffel Tower or Empire State Building, landmarks stored within the camera, these locations will be displayed on the screen while taking it and tagged in the data. The DMC-TS5 shows the name of the Country/Region, State/Province/County, County/Township, City/Town/Village and Landmark using the internal data to give users real-time information of the place when taking photos to add fun of photo shooting during travel.
The GPS (Global Positioning System) in DMC-TS5 newly complies with GLONASS (Global Navigation Satellite System) to further enhance its detection accuracy for its increased number of satellites. You can copy the map data of designated city to an SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Card out of a bundled map DVD which comprehends detailed map of approx. 90 countries worldwide on a scale of 1/25,000 or more precise. You can get geographic information even in unfamiliar places to know where you are and what landmarks are located nearby. The geo-tagged images can be played back on the map. The photos and videos with the location names are automatically sorted in the virtual folder alphabetically in the camera allowing quick reach. You can even create your own landmarks for your home or any places you like (maximum 50 places). In addition to the Altimeter logging function, the DMC-TS5 records GPS logging. This allows memorizing travelling distance which can be displayed on the Google Earth application. You can also output it to Google Earth application.
- Compass, Altimeter, Depth Indicator And Barometric Sensor For Outdoor Use
- The DMC-TS5 is specially designed for active outdoor use. In addition to GPS, it adopts compass, altimeter and even barometer to show and record altitude, barometric pressure and orientation data. The barometer also works as an indicator for depth underwater. The altimeter attains higher accuracy by incorporating GPS data. In adddition to being handy for mountain climbing, the altimeter's log helps track precise locations and elevations along your route. The barometric log trend helps users to forecast the climate. The built-in compass is very useful for trekking and star gazing. The depth indicator is useful while diving and later for organizing dive photos. The rugged design, GPS and the advanced measuring equipments offers a variety of fun in wide-ranging situations. Take the camera fishing or camping in the springtime, take it diving, snorkeling, surfing in summer, take it mountain climbing in autumn and to skiing or snowboarding in winter -- The DMC-TS5 is an all-year-round active field player to record stunning memories in beautiful photos and movies.
- 1/2.3-inch 16.1 Megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor With Primary Color Filter
- The 16.1-megapixel high sensitivity MOS Sensor provides amazing image quality even in low light conditions. For the effective concentration of light, the MOS sensor adopts microfabrication technology to achieve even higher sensitivity. With an advanced micro light tube structure, both color mixture and signal loss are prevented. The result is that the photo and movie shot at any sensitivity from low to high have outstanding clearness. Together with the high-performance Venus Engine advanced image processor, the MOS sensor dramatically improves image quality in low-lit situations, reducing noise by half. The DMC-TS5's Primary Color Filter uses the primary colors (red, green and blue) to ensure the correct extraction of color information from the CCD in order to create vivid, rich color images.
- Large Bright 3-inch Color LCD Monitor With Auto Power Monitor Function
- The TS5 is equipped with a 3.0-inch, 460,000-dot Intelligent LCD with high resolution and a wide viewing angle that lets you frame your shot in a variety of ways for both shooting and viewing. With Lumix's acclaimed Intelligent LCD function the screen brightness automatically adjusts in 11 steps as the surrounding brightness level changes, ensuring easy visibility at all times. This LCD provides sharp, clear images in virtually all shooting situations, ranging from nighttime to bright daylight scenes and from low-angle to high-angle shooting. And it lets you share the fun of viewing images with family and friends.
Its large size lets everyone view the images together, and its crisp clarity is great for both shooting and playback. Under bright sunlight, the Auto Power Monitor function increases the backlight brightness in nine steps according to the ambient light intensity. In dimly lit locations, it adjusts the frame rate of live images in two steps according to the ambient darkness. At the highest of these 11 steps, the LCD backlight becomes maximum 1.4 times brighter than normal. This makes both shooting and viewing photos easier and more convenient.
- AVCHD Full HD 1920 x 1080 60p Motion Images
- There are many chances for you to record both photos and movies in everyday life, but you cannot always take all of your equipment with you. The Lumix DMC-TS5 lets you do exactly that, and is especially suitable for recording short movies on the fly, with high-definition quality and snapshot ease. This is all made possible by AVCHD. AVCHD (Advanced Video Codec High Definition) is a practical format exclusively developed for recording High Definition motion pictures. The DMC-TS5 takes Full HD Motion Images a step further with 1,920 x 1,080p 60 fps progressive scanning recording. Twice as much data is captured by 1080/60p recording as 1080/60i. And unlike the interlace method, progressive scanning records and reproduces a full image at 60 frames per second, so fast-action scenes are crisp and clear, with very little flicker. You enjoy highly detailed images in a wide variety of shooting situations.
The Lumix DMC-TS5 is an advanced photographic tool for recording not only great photos but also beautiful full-HD movies. The MP4 format has high compatibility with computers. In addition to MP4 videos, the DMC-TS5 can record high-resolution full-HD 1,920 x 1,080 60p video in the AVCHD (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. The AVCHD format features almost twice the recording time in HD quality than conventional Motion JPEG and excels in compatibility with AV equipment like HDTVs or Blu-ray Disc players. A special, separate button on the top lets the user instantly start recording movies while shooting photos without any having to make any extra settings. With DMC-TS5, there are always two options to record spur-of-the-moment scenes: high-quality photos or movies. The user can simply choose the one that saves precious memories most beautifully.
- Venus Engine LSI
- The DMC-TS5's multi-task image-processing engine, the Venus Engine, processes large amount of full HD data at high-speed. The Venus Engine also realizes a super-fast response time. The excellent S/N ratio of the CCD sensor and the Intelligent Noise Reduction system in the Venus Engine allow both photos and videos shot at any sensitivity from low to high to boast outstanding clarity. Apart from the uniform enhancement of sharpness, the innovative technology Intelligent Resolution precisely performs signal processing pixel by pixel in the most effective way according to the area. As a result, images are naturally clear and crisp.
- LED Light
- The DMC-TS5 features an LED light that records beautiful motion images even in dusky underwater environments or at a nighttime camp. A convenient auto function also automatically turns on the LED when the ambient light becomes dim. For still images, the LED doubles as an AF Assist Lamp. It is also possible to turn the light on to light up a subject even while not shooting.
- Wind Cut
- A Wind Cut function is also available to block out most of the noise from background wind.
- Sonic Speed AF
- The Sonic Speed AF system includes numerous engineering enhancements, including a higher-speed actuator, optimized algorithms and parallel software processing. The result is fast and accurate AF performance. You can quickly focus on moving subjects, such as when you're shooting sports scenes.
- HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) Output
- The TS5 is equipped with an HDMI output terminal for direct transmission of digital image and sound signals. Just connect the camera to an HDTV using a single HDMI micro cable (purchased separately), and and it's even easy to enjoy slideshow in which both still and motion images integrated in the recorded timeline. If you have a Viera TV, you can control the camera's playback functions with Viera's remote control unit.
- Intelligent Auto Mode
- With the TS5, taking great photos is that easy. Panasonic incorporated the Intelligent Auto mode in pursuit of the ultimate ease of operation and the reduction of misshots. In iA mode the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose shots and capture moments. Just press aim, and shoot.
- Advanced Face Detection With Face Recognition
- The TS5 features Face Recognition, a function that "remembers" faces. When a familiar face is recorded several times, the camera will prompt you to register the face. Once complete, if the familiar face appears into your frame again, the camera will display the name you specified for that person and prioritize focus and exposure so that the registered face is bright and in sharp focus. During registration, you can change the icon that indicates when the registered subject is in focus. You can also specify the age of the registered subject and have both the name and the age of the subject stamped onto your photos. When babies under 3 years-old are registered, the camera will automatically switch to Baby mode if the baby appears into the frame. In playback, you can choose to display only photos that contain a specific registered face using Category Playback. You can also view image slideshows of only a selected person. Face recognition makes sorting archiving incredibly easy. This advanced face detection system also digitally corrects unwanted red-eye during recording.
- AF Tracking
- With AF Tracking, the TS5 can lock onto any subject and keep it in focus even if it moves -- making it easy to get beautiful, clear shots when a great photo opportunity suddenly arises. Simply aim, lock, and shoot.
- Intelligent ISO Control (IIC)
- While hand-shake is the single biggest cause of blurry images, it is not the only one. Another problem is the motion blur that can occur when a subject moves as the shot is being snapped. Incorporating Panasonic's Intelligent ISO Control, Lumix cameras were the first in the world to fight motion blur. With Intelligent Image Stabilization -- Mega O.I.S. to compensate for hand-shake plus Intelligent ISO Control to prevent motion blur -- Panasonic has equipped the new Lumix DMC-TS5 with the industry's most advanced countermeasures against blurring.
The IIC system detects whether or not the subject is moving. If it is, the system automatically raises the ISO setting accordingly, allowing the camera to shoot at a higher shutter speed. If the subject is not moving, the camera shoots at a low ISO setting and captures beautiful, natural-looking images. Intelligent ISO Control is included as one of the corrections in certain scene modes used to shoot subjects that are often moving, such as Sports, Baby and the newly added Pet mode. Simply select the mode that best suits the subject, and Intelligent ISO Control provides the optimal corrections, making it easy to capture crisp, clear photos.
- Manual Exposure
- The DMC-TS5 provides easy-to-use manual controls. You can set the aperture to control the depth of field, and adjust the shutter speed to freeze moving subjects or create a motion blur that exaggerates the feeling of movement.
- Advanced Underwater Mode
- The red color reproduction feature in the Advanced Underwater mode allows you to capture the colors of the underwater world, as it is seen, eliminating dull, grey colors often associated with underwater pictures.
- 3D Photo Mode
- The 3D Photo Mode produces a 3D image in the camera. The image-processing method used by Lumix records beautiful images with less distortion or visible image links. Take 20 panning shots and the camera automatically selects the two most suitable images -- one for the right eye and one for the left eye -- to synthesize a 3D composite. The 3D image can be viewed on a VIERA HDTV. The 3D image format is compatible with MPO, so it can be played back on other MPO-compatible equipment such as TVs and digital photo frames, or printed.
- REC Modes
- Intelligent AUTO: The camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose your shot and capture the moment.
- Manual: You can set the aperture and adjust the shutter speed.
- Sports: Uses a high shutter speed to catch moving subjects.
- Beach & Snorkeling: This mode allows you to take pictures on a beach. It prevents under exposure of the subject due to strong sunlight.
- Snow: This mode will adjust the white balance and the exposure to show the snow as white as possible.
- Advanced Underwater: This mode reduces excessive blue tone in underwater pictures.
- Panorama Shot: Makes it is possible to shoot a 360-degree horizontal / vertical panoramic image with consequent shots taken by overlaying the previous picture.
- SCN: Scene Modes (see below)
- Creative Control (see below)
- Still Picture Scene Modes to Cover A Wide Variety of Shots
- Portrait Mode: This gives the background a soft focus while capturing the subject clearly and sharply.
- Soft Skin Mode The camera detects the face or skin area to achieve a smoother appearance of the skin than portrait mode.
- Scenery Mode: Capture sweeping vistas in sharp focus.
- Night Portrait Mode: The MEGA O.I.S. minimizes hand motion at slow shutter speeds, to capture people and night landscapes clearly and beautifully.
- Night Scenery Mode: Allows you to record the nightscape vividly by reducing the shutter speed.
- Handheld Night Shot Mode: For a blur-less, beautifully illuminated night shot even without using a tripod. The camera shoots consecutive 10 shots to simulate over one picture detecting and fixing the position of the subjects.
- Food Mode: Allows you to take pictures of food with a natural hue without being affected by the ambient light in restaurants etc.
- Baby1, Baby2 Modes: These modes take pictures of a baby with a healthy complexion. When the flash is used, the light from it is weaker than usual. You can set the birthdays of two babies (Baby1 and Baby2). The baby's age can then be displayed when playing back pictures.
- Pet Mode: Because pets often won't hold still, this mode switches the camera to Intelligent ISO Control, which prevents motion blur. If you input your pet's date of birth, its age in months (at the time a photo was taken) is displayed when you view photos.
- Sunset Mode: Emphasizing red tones, this mode is designed to capture clear, vivid shots of colorful sunsets.
- High Sensitivity Mode: Select this mode for high-sensitivity processing. You can take pictures at ISO 6400 sensitivity equivalent.
- Glass Through Mode: This mode reduces both light and image reflection and allows you to take pictures through glass.
- Starry Sky Mode: By making the shutter speed slower, allows you to take vivid pictures of a starry sky or a dark subject that you could not take in Night Scenery.
- 3D Photo: Produces a 3D image in the camera.
- HDR Mode: Several still pictures consecutively shot at different exposure levels are overlaid to produce a single composite picture without whiteout (over-exposure) or blackout (under-exposure).
- Creative Control and Creative Retouch
- You can use the Creative Control features for shooting photos and videos. It renders highly unique expressions by matching the colors to your subject and surroundings. You can also retouch images after they are shot with Creative Retouch. The filters are also available during playback. Creative Control options include:
- Expressive: A Pop Art style image effect that emphasizes color
- Retro: A soft image effect that gives the impression of faded and tarnished old color photos and videos
- High Key: An image effect with a bright ambience
- Low Key: Creates a peaceful atmosphere for the image, makes bright areas stand out
- Sepia: An image effect that captures the impression of faded old black and white photos and videos
- High Dynamic: An image effect that emphasizes light and dark areas
- Dynamic Monochrome: A gray scale effect with no color, with high contrast for dramatic effect
- Toy Effect: Produces vignetting, giving the appearance the image was taken with a toy camera
- Soft Focus: Slightly blurs the entire image for a softer appearance, useful for portraits
- Miniature Effect: Adjusts defocused and in-focus areas to make the subject look like a miniature model
- Impressive Art: Gives your photo dramatic contrast and vivid color.
- Cross Process: Gives your photo dramatic colors.
- Star Filter: Transforms pin-points of light into a star effect.
- One Point Color: Creates a near monochrome image leaving one selected color for dramatic effect.
- Auto Retouch In Playback
- The Auto Retouch function adjusts contrast and brightness to give different impression to the photo with just a press of a button. Appropriate retouch is automatically applied depending on the image -- if the image was shot too dark, it can be clear and bright to look it nicer with this function.
- 10 fps Consecutive Shooting in Full Resolution, Plus High-Speed Burst Mode
- The DMC-TS5 lets you snap off up to 7 consecutive shots at approximately 10 frames per second in full resolution. You can take a series of shots, then choose the one you like the best and delete the rest. You can also select High-speed Burst Mode or Flash Burst Mode.
- Video Divide
- You can divide a single video into two parts using only the camera. This is handy for compiling memorable scenes, and deleting unwanted scenes to free up space on your memory card while you are traveling.
- Continuous AF (Movie Only)
- The Continuous AF (auto focus) system maintains focus on the subject even without pressing a shutter button halfway, thus minimizing the AF time.
- Digital Red-eye Correction
- This feature helps to eliminate the red-eye problem that sometimes results when taking flash shots at the night. Incorporated into the built-in flash, the camera emits a small preliminary flash before the main flash, detects red-eye and will digitally correct it.
- 10 MB Built-in Memory
- Take photos even when you don't have an SDHC/SD Memory Card on hand. Just use the built-in memory, then copy the data to an SDHC/SD card or PC later. You can also copy images from a memory card or PC to the built-in memory, and view them on the LCD anytime you like. In addition to providing extra memory when your memory card fills up, this is a great place to store your favorite photos so you can view them anytime you want.
- Large-Capacity, High-Speed Storage Media -- SD, SDHC and SDXC Memory Card
- The SD Memory Card, the TS5's media for storing image data, offers both a large capacity and fast data transfer. The camera also accommodates large-capacity SDHC and SDXC memory cards.
- Date Stamp
- You can print the date on your photos. In addition to the ordinary recording date, you can choose Baby or Pet mode from among the Scene Modes to automatically print the age of a child or pet by inputting the birthdate in advance, or use the Travel Date Setting to print which day of the trip each photo was taken on. These dates, which can be helpful when making a photo album, can be stamped on photos whether you print them yourself at home or have a photo shop do them.
- ISO Sensitivity Settings
- Adjust light-receiving sensitivity just like with a film camera. Available settings: Auto and ISO 100, 200, 400, 800 and 1600 equivalents (1600 - 6400 ISO equivalent in High Sensitivity Mode).
- Built-in Digital Flash
- The TS5 offers a number of flash modes, including Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction for nighttime portraits, and Forced On/Off.
- White Balance Settings
- Choose from six white balance settings: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Shade, Incandescent and White Set.
- Manual Exposure Compensation
- 1/3 EV steps up to ±2 EV
- Auto Exposure Bracketing
- Automatically shoot three frames with graduated exposure, one shot overexposed, one shot at correct exposure, one shot unedrexposed. Bracketing amount can be set for 1/3 to 1 EV steps.
- Real-Time Histograms
- The DMC-TS5's histogram feature functions like a digital light meter, providing a graphic representation of the luminance level of the pixels composing an image. By using the histogram, users can exercise more precise exposure control for quality photos. The histogram can be displayed on the unit's large LCD screen while an image is being recorded and also after a shot has been taken.
- 2-Second/10-Second Self-Timer
- Why should you always be the photographer, and never the subject? Once you set the camera to self-time mode, you have up to ten seconds to pose for the picture.
- Color Mode
- Alter the coloring to suit your taste. Available color modes include Standard, Vivid, Sepia and Black & White (in P and M Modes), and Happy Mode (only in iA Mode), which optimizes color, saturation and brightness to make both photo and video more vivid and true to the color the users remember when they took it.
- USB 2.0 High-speed Computer Interface
- Panasonic Lumix cameras supports the USB 2.0 high-speed standard. In comparison with conventional full-speed data transfer at 12 Mbps, USB 2.0 high-speed transfers data at soeeds up to 480 Mbps. This is a highly practical speed for sending high-volume image data from the camera to a PC for viewing or storage.
- Versatile Interfaces: USB Terminal, A/V Output Terminal (NTSC)
- Stereo Microphone, Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator
- A stereo microphone, featuring Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator, on the upper body records dynamic, true-to-life stereo audio that brings out the power of your HD movies.
- PictBridge Direct Print Compatibility
- The Direct Printing Mode has been added to the mode dial so you can make prints by simply connecting the camera to a Pictbridge-compatible printer with the included USB cable. Of course you can make mulitple prints of a image or print only those you have selected as your favorites.
Panasonic DMC-TS5D Specifications
- Water Proof
- 43 ft / 13 m (IPX8 standard)
- Dust Proof
- Yes, IP6X compliant
- Freeze Proof
- 14°F / -10.0°C
- Shock Proof
- 6.6 ft / 2.0 m (based on MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock test standard)
- Pressure Resistance
- 100 kgf / 220.5 lbf (based on Panasonic test method)
- CCD (Image Sensor)
- 1/2.33-inch 17.5 Total Megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor, Primary Color Filter
- Camera Effective Pixels
- 16.1 Megapixels
- Recording Format
- Still Image: JPEG (design rule for camera file system, based on Exif 2.3 standard), DPOF corresponding
3D Image: MPO
Motion Images: AVCHD, MP4
- Image Quality
- Fine/ Standard (3D Mode: MPO Fine/ MPO Standard)
- Resolution, Still Image (pixels):
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
4608 x 3456 (16M)
3648 x 2736 (10M EZ)
2560 x 1920 (5M EZ)
2048 x 1536 (3M EZ)
1280 x 960 (1M EZ)
640 x 480 (0.3M EZ)
3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
4608 x 3072 (14M)
3648 x 2432 (9M EZ)
2560 x 1712 (4.5M EZ)
2048 x 1360 (2.5M EZ)
640 x 424 (0.3M EZ)
16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
4608 x 2592 (12M)
3648 x 2056 (7.5M EZ)
2560 x 1440 (3.5M EZ)
1920 x 1080 (2M EZ)
640 x 360 (0.2M EZ)
1:1 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
3456 x 3456 (12M)
2736 x 2736 (7.5M EZ)
1920 x 1920 (3.5M EZ)
1536 x 1536 (2.5M EZ)
480 x 480 pixels (0.2M)
- Motion Picture Recording:
- HD Movie:
AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60p (FHD: 28Mbps; Sensor output is 60fps)
AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60i (FHD: 17Mbps; Sensor output is 60fps)
MP4: 1920 x 1080 pixels, 30fps (FHD: 20Mbps; Sensor output is 30p)
AVCHD: 1280 x 720 pixels, 60p (HD: 17Mbps; Sensor output is 60p)
MP4: 1280 x 720 pixels, 30fps (HD: 10Mbps; Sensor output is 30p)
4:3 Aspect Ratio:
MP4: 640 x 480 pixels (VGA), 30 fps (4 Mbps)
(Max. of approx. 4 GB of continuous motion picture can be recorded in MP4. In AVCHD, recording may be continued until the card is full)
- Leica DC Vario-Elmar Lens
- 10 elements in 8 groups (5 aspherical lenses / 6 aspherical surfaces, 1 ED lens)
- Focal Length
- f = 4.9 - 22.8mm (35mm equiv: 28 - 128mm in photo recording; 33 - 140mm 35mm equiv in movie recording)
- Optical Zoom
- Intelligent Zoom
- Extra Optical Zoom
- 5.9x (4:3 / 10M), 8.4x (4:3 / 5M), 10.5x (4:3 / under 3M)
- Digital Zoom
Max. 18.4x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom
When Digital Zoom is used simultaneously with Intelligent Zoom, you can only increase the zoom ratio up to 2x)
- F3.3 - 5.9 / 2-step [F3.3 / 10 (W); F5.9 / 18 (T)]
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- POWER O.I.S. (On / Off)
- Focusing Area:
- Normal: Wide 11.8" (30cm) - infinity / Tele 11.8" (30cm) - infinity
Macro / Intelligent AUTO / movie recording: Wide 2.0" (5cm) - infinity / Tele 11.8" (30cm) - infinity
- Normal / AF Macro / Macro Zoom, Quick AF On / Off (On in Intelligent Auto), AF Tracking, Continuous AF (only for motion picture)
- AF Metering:
- Face / AF Tracking / 1-area / Multi-area (23-area) / Spot
- Shutter Speed
- Still: Approx. 4 - 1/1300 sec.
Starry Sky Mode: 15, 30 sec.
- ISO Sensitivity
- Auto / i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200; High Sensitivity Mode: Auto (1600 - 6400)
- Program AE, Manual
- Exposure Compensation
- 1/3 EV Step, ±2 EV
- Auto (AE) Bracketing
- ±1/3 EV ~ 1EV step, 3 frames
- Light Metering
- Intelligent Multiple
- REC Modes
- Intelligent AUTO, P (Program), M (Manual), Creative Control, Sports, Snow, Beach & Snorkeling, Advanced Underwater, Panorama Shot, SCN
- Still Picture Scene Modes
- Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Handheld Night Shot, HDR, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Starry Sky, Glass Through, 3D Photo
- Creative Control Mode
- Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, High Dynamic, Toy Effect, Miniature, Soft Focus, Impressive Art, Cross Process, Star Filter, One Point Color
- White Balance
- Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set
White Balance Adjustment (except in Auto WB)
- Self Timer
- 2 sec / 10 sec
- Color Mode
- Standard, Black & White, Sepia, Vivid (in P / M Mode), Happy (only in iA Mode)
- Continuous Shooting Mode
- Full-Resolution Image, 10 frames / sec, Max. 7 images
With AF Tracking: 5 frames / sec, 2 frames / sec, Max. 100 images
Hi-speed Burst Mode: Approx. 40 frames / sec (recorded in 5M / 3M / 0.3M for 4:3, 4.5M / 2.5M / 0.3M for 3:2, 3.5M / 2M / 0.2M for 16:9, 3.5M / 2.5M / 0.2M for 1:1)
Approx. 60 frames / sec (recorded in 2.5M / 0.3M for 4:3, 3M / 0.3M for 3:2, 3.5M / 0.2M for 16:9, 2M / 0.2M for 1:1)
- Built-in Flash Modes
- Auto, Auto / Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync. / Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced Off
- Built-in Flash Range, ISO Auto
- Wide: 11.8 inches - 18.4 feet (0.3 - 5.6 m)
Tele: 11.8 inches - 10.2 feet (0.3 - 3.1 m)
- GPS / GLONASS) / GPS Log
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n
2412 MHz - 2462 MHz (1-11 ch)
WPA / WPA2
Infrastracture Mode / WPS / Wi-Fi Direct
- LCD Monitor
- 3.0-inch (7.5 cm) diagonal TFT Color LCD with 460,000 pixels, AR Coating, Field of view: approx. 100%, AUTO Power Monitor mode, Power Monitor mode
- Playback Mode
- Normal Playback, Slideshow, Filtering Playback (Picture Only, Video Only, 3D, GPS Area, Map, Altimeter Log, Travel Playback, Category Playback, Select Date, Favorites Playback), Calendar, Thumbnails (12, 30), Zoomed Playback, Histogram, Calendar Display, DPOF Print Setting, Set Protection, Creative Retouch, Auto Retouch, Color Reproduction, Resize, Cropping, Copy, Title Edit, Text Stamp, Cut Animation, Video Divide, Set Favorites
- PictBridge Support
- Single, Multi, All, Favorites, DPOF
- Built-in SD / SDHC /SDXC Card Slot
- Recording Media:
- Approx. 10 MB Built-in-Memory
- SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card (optional)
- Built-in Stereo
- Built-in Mono
- micro HDMI, USB, AV Output (AV / USB Multi)
- Power Supply:
- ID-Security Li-Ion Battery Pack (3.6V, 1260mAh, 4.5 Wh) (included)
- AC Adaptor (Input: 110 - 240V AC) (Optional)
- Battery Life
- Up to 370 pictures (CIPA Standard)
- Model Color
- Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 2.65 x 4.30 x 1.14 inches (67.4 x 109.2 x 28.9 mm)
- 6.6 oz. (188 g) without Battery and SD Memory Card
7.6 oz. (214 g) with Battery and SD Memory Card