Panasonic DMC-FZ200K Lumix Digital Still Camera
Get Panasonic DMC-FZ200K Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is a Panasonic
Authorized Internet etailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 is the top-of-the-line of the popular Lumix FZ series super-zoom compact digital cameras. The high quality lens unit delivers a powerful 24x Optical Zoom featuring F2.8 brightness across the entire zoom range (35mm camera equivalent: 25-600mm). This stunning brightness, which makes it possible to capture moving subjects clearly with fast shutter speeds even at long distances, has never been achieved by any digital compact camera with a 600mm equivalent focal length. This powerful 24x optical zoom can be increased to a 48x equivalent with the Intelligent Zoom function, taking advantage of Intelligent Resolution technology maintaining picture quality even using digital zoom. The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) offers improved correction accuracy to minimize blur even when using full zoom, and the Active Mode effectively suppress handshake vibration in video recording. Panasonic's Black Box Nano Surface Coating technology minimizes light reflection that causes ghost and flare.
The 12.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor and the advanced image processor Venus Engine combine to deliver high-speed response and high-quality images even in low-light recording. This also contributes to high speed burst shooting at 12 fps in full resolution and the camera's Light Speed AF, allowing you to catch the most fleeting shooting opportunities. It also enables 1,920 x 1,080 60p full-HD video recording in the AVCHD progressive MP4 format with high quality stereo sound. The powerful 24x optical zoom and manual controls are also available in video recording. Full manual control is available with DMC-FZ200. Users can express their creativity not only in photos but also in videos, utilizing a host of options including Creative Control or Photo Style with a wide variety of preset options.
The 3-inch 460,000-pixel Free Angle LCD gives you an approximate 100% field of view, and rotates 180 degrees to the side and tilts 270 degrees up and down. The newly designed 0.2-inch EVF (Electronic Viewfinder) features 1,312,000-pixel equivalent high resolution, 100% field of view and minimum screen freeze.
Panasonic DMC-FZ200K Key Features
- Included Accessories
- DMW-BLC12 Li-Ion Battery Pack
- DE-A79B Battery Charger
- Shoulder Strap
- Lens Hood
- Lens Cap, Lens Cap String
- USB Cable
- Software CD-ROM: PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.3 PE, SILKYPIX Developer Studio, Adobe Reader
- Wide-Angle Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Lens with F/2.8 Brightness Across Entire 24x Optical Zoom Range And Nano Surface Coating Technology
- The DMC-FZ200 features a compact lens system featuring a 25mm-to-600mm (35mm equivalent) optical 24x zoom delivering stunning F2.8 brightness across the entire zoom range and exceptional optical performance. This advanced lens unit is comprised of fourteen elements in eleven groups, including three ED (extra-low dispersion) lenses and five aspherical lenses with nine aspherical surfaces. The 25mm wide-angle (35mm equivalent) setting lets you easily capture large groups of people indoors or expansive architectural structures and scenes with dynamic width and rich perspective, even from short distances. This powerful zoom also works during the motion picture recording (28mm - 672mm 35 mm equivalent in movie recording). For macro shots, the wide-angle setting lets you shoot all the way down to less than an inch from your subject, and the telephoto setting can be used as close as 3.3 feet from your subject.
Nano Surface Coating technology dramatically minimizes light reflection at entire visual light range (380nm-780nm) by applying the extra-low refractive index coating with nano-sized structure on the surface of the lens. It results in the super clear image with dramatic reduction of ghost and flare. With Panasonic's black box technology, the image delivered through the lens has exceptional optical performance with stunning clarity that passes Leica's stringent standards and delivers exceptional optical performance.
The three ED lens elements minimize the chromatic aberration that is likely to occur in telephoto images. With the long zoom range from 25mm to 600mm, equivalent to 24x, the DMC-FZ200 can be the best suitable camera to take expansive scenery with dynamic perspective and a close-up of a distant subject, having the appealing angle of view. Leica Camera AG is a camera and lens maker lauded by photographers around the world. In every aspect of precision lens optics -- from polishing techniques to coating technologies to quality standards -- Leica Camera AG remains a world leader.Capture broad, sweeping vistas with wide-angle shots. Take portraits that fix the subject in a clear, sharp focus while applying a softer focus to the background. Or aim way into the distance and catch dynamic 18x telephoto shots. With the DC Vario-Elmarit lens, you have a powerful tool for capturing beautiful, expressive images.
- 24x Optical/4x Digital/96x Combined Zoom/187x Combined With Extra Optical Zoom
- This Panasonic Lumix digital camera is equipped with a 24x optical zoom, capable of producing close-ups with amazing detail. There is even a 4x variable digital zoom*, which, combined with the optical zoom, digitally magnifies images up to 96 times their normal size.
- 46.9x Extra Optical Zoom
- The DMC-FZ200's 24x optical zoom combines with the large, 1/2.3" diagonal 12.1-megapixel MOS to give you enormous expressive power. The Extra Optical Zoom, which minimizes the image degradation that normally occurs with digital zooming, gives you up to 46.9x power in 3-megapixel photos, and up to 29.4x power in 8-megapixel photos.
- AVCHD Full HD 1080p Motion Images
- The LUMIX DMC-FZ200 is an advanced photographic tool for recording not only great photos but also beautiful full-HD movies. The DMC-FZ200 can also record full HD 1,920 x 1,080 30p videos in MP4 format. This format is suitable for editing videos on a computer or uploading those to websites. In addition to MP4 images, the DMC-FZ200 can record high-resolution full-HD 1,920 x 1,080p 60 fps video in the AVCHD (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. The AVCHD format features almost twice the recording time in HD quality than the conventional Motion JPEG and excels in compatibility with AV equipment like HDTVs or Blu-ray Disc players. A special, separate button on the top lets the user instantly start recording movies while shooting photos without any having to make any extra settings. The DMC-FZ200 takes Full HD Motion Images a step further with 1,920 x 1,080p 60 fps progressive scanning recording. Twice as much data is captured by 1080/60p recording as 1080/60i. And unlike the interlace method, progressive scanning records and reproduces a full image at 60 frames per second, so fast-action scenes are crisp and clear, with very little flicker. You enjoy highly detailed images in a wide variety of shooting situations.
The powerful 24x optical zoom is available in movie recording with its mechanism designed to minimize the noise of auto focusing or zooming. With DMC-FZ200, there are always two options to record spur-of-the-moment scenes: high-quality photos or movies. The user can simply choose the one that saves precious memories most beautifully.
- POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) With Active Mode
- Especially important for a high zoom camera, Panasonic's advanced POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) enhances the camera's telephoto zoom capabilities, helping to deliver sharp, vivid images even when taking handheld telephoto shots or shooting in low light. This feature uses motion sensors, which detects even slight hand movement and integrally links the lens control to the motion of the camera to reduce jitter. Unlike digital image stabilization systems, this optical system provides precise compensation with no degradation in image quality. POWER O.I.S. is automatically turned on in the IA Mode and can be turned on or off in the P/A/S/M Mode or some Scene Modes.
POWER O.I.S. nearly doubles the hand-shake correction power of conventional MEGA O.I.S. Panasonic has worked on the low-frequency vibration hand-shake component, which is physically generated when pressing the shutter button or when shooting at night with a slow shutter speed. You get bright photos without blurring even from handheld shooting at slow shutter speeds. POWER O.I.S. is extremely effective for high-power zoom shots, and clearly captures subjects in the ultra-telephoto range, which used to require a tripod.
The Active Mode effectively suppresses blur in video recording especially at wide angle while walking or playing with your children. It's an optical system so there's no image degradation.
- 3-inch High-Resolution Free-Angle LCD and Super High-Resolution Electronic Viewfinder
- The Lumix DMC-FZ200 boasts a larger 3-inch Intelligent LCD with a full 460,000 pixels resolution to offer even more comfortable viewing while both monitoring shots and playing back the results. The LCD gives you an approximate 100% field of view, and rotates 180 degrees to the side and tilts 270 degrees up and down. This is a highly practical feature for high-angle shots, like when you need to shoot over the heads of people at a parade, and enables accurate, dynamic framing for artistic low-angle shots, like when shooting at nearly ground level. It's extremely convenient when shooting with a tripod too. The wide-viewing angle of the LCD on the DMC-FZ200 is handy both for shooting and for viewing the results together with family and friends.
Lumix's acclaimed Intelligent LCD function detects the light condition and automatically boosts the LCD backlighting by 40% when shooting outdoors in bright sunshine, and boosts signals by pixel-mixed readout method when shooting under low-lit situation to secure a clear image in any circumstances. In addition, the AR (anti-reflective) coating LCD minimizes glare and provides clear images, for high visibility even in outdoor brightness. This LCD provides sharp, clear images in virtually all shooting situations, from nighttime to bright daylight scenes.
The newly-developed 0.2-inch EVF (Electronic Viewfinder) features 1,312,000-dot equivalent high resolution and 100% field of view. Thanks to the increased frame rate from 30fps to max. 60 fps, screen freeze is also minimized, making it suitable for shooting fast-moving subject under strong sunlight.
- 1/2.3" 12.1 Megapixel MOS Sensor With Primary Color Filter
- To realize the 1,920 x 1,080 full-HD movie recording with high image quality, a 12.1-megapixel MOS sensor was developed for DMC-FZ200. For the effective concentration of light, the MOS sensor adopts microfabrication technology to achieve even higher sensitivity. With an advanced micro light tube structure, both color mixture and signal loss are prevented. The result is that the photo and movie shot at any sensitivity from low to high have outstanding clearness. The DMC-FZ200's Primary Color Filter uses the primary colors (red, green and blue) to ensure the correct extraction of color information from the CCD in order to create vivid, rich color images.
- Venus Engine LSI
- The DMC-FZ200's Venus Engine has quad-circuit system to for processing large amount of progressive full HD data at high speed. Not only 1,920 x 1,080p 60fps smooth full-HD video recording, but also super fast consecutive shots at 12 fps (without auto focusing) and 5.5 fps (with auto focusing) in full resolution. It is also compatible with recording high speed video at 220 fps in QVGA. At the same time, the multi-task image-processing engine, the Venus Engine realizes a super-fast response time. The auto focus gains approx. 50% faster speed compared with the DMC-FZ100 achieving Light Speed AF of approx. 0.1 second. The speed in AF Tracking also becomes faster thanks to the improved tracking performance which doubles its sampling frequency.
Multi-process Noise Reduction applies optimum noise reduction according to the brightness of the part of the image. Images recorded in low-lit situations are now dramatically clear. Intelligent D-range Control offers even more natural looking images by optimizing the exposure for each part of an image, preventing blocked shadows and blown highlights and helping ensure that gradation and details are reproduced beautifully including the blue color of the sky. An automatic backlight compensation function is activated whenever the camera detects the subject in backlight.
- Intelligent Resolution Technology
- The advanced image processing technology Intelligent Resolution is incorporated in the Venus Engine for the DMC-FZ200. With the Intelligent Resolution technology, 3 areas -- outlines, detailed texture areas and soft gradation areas -- are automatically detected and optimum signal processes are performed to each area. Apart from the uniform enhancement of sharpness, the innovative technology Intelligent Resolution precisely performs signal processing pixel by pixel in the most effective way for it. As a result, images are naturally clear and crisp in both photo and movie recording. The Intelligent Resolution function turns ON in the IA Mode or in some Scene Modes. In other cases, you can activate Intelligent Resolution from the menu.
- Light Speed AF
- The auto focus helps to catch even the most fleeting photo opportunities, achieving Light Speed AF of approximately 0.1 second. You can quickly focus on moving subjects, useful when you're shooting sports scenes or animals.
- 12 FPS Full-Resolution High-Speed Consecutive Shooting, 60 FPS 3.5-Megapixel High Speed Burst Mode
- The DMC-FZ200's newly-developed MOS sensor helps to realize its high speed burst shooting. You can take a series of shots, then choose the ones you like the best and delete the rest. The DMC-FZ200 also features a Burst Mode Button. The frame rate, AF setting and the recording resolution can be easily selected according to the movement of the subject with this button.
The DMC-FZ200 can fire off up to approx. 12 fps in full 12.1-megapixel resolution with its mechanical shutter. This is great for capturing fast subject motion, such as sports scenes or animals. You can snap off consecutive shots at approx. 5.5 fps or 2 fps with AF Tracking engaged. That keeps the focus on quickly moving children for capturing decisive moments with crisp clarity. Even higher-speed burst shooting is possible when the electronic shutter is used -- 60 fps at 3.5-megapixel resolution. Great for capturing race cars and other subjects that are difficult to catch with the naked eye.
- Creative Control and Photo Style
- You can use the Creative Control and Photo Style features for shooting photos and videos. It renders highly unique expressions by matching the colors to your subject and surroundings. You can add different effects by applying one of the filters both in the recording mode (Creative Control) and the playback mode (Creative Retouch). Creative Control options include:
- Expressive: A Pop Art style image effect that emphasizes color
- Retro: A soft image effect that gives the impression of faded and tarnished old color photos and videos
- High Key: An image effect with a bright ambience
- Low Key: Adds a dark and relaxing feel to the overall image and subtly enhances bright parts.
- Sepia: An image effect that captures the impression of faded old black and white photos and videos
- High Dynamic: An image effect that emphasizes light and dark areas
- Miniature Effect: Adjusts defocused and in-focus areas to make the subject look like a miniature model
- Dynamic Monochrome: Gives a higher contrast to create an impressive black and white image.
- Impressive Art: Gives your photo dramatic contrast and vivid color.
- Cross Process: Gives your photo dramatic colors.
- Toy Effect: Reduces peripheral brightness to give the impression of a toy camera.
- Soft Focus: Blurs the overall image to produce a soft feel.
- Star Filter: Transforms pin-points of light into a star effect.
- One Point Color: Creates a near monochrome image leaving one selected color for dramatic effect.
With Photo Style you can manually choose from six color types to get even more detailed image settings, or to match the shooting situation in both photo and video recording. In addition, the contrast, sharpness, saturation or noise reduction for each mode parameter can be customized in 5 steps and stored in memory. In Custom Mode, finely customized settings can be stored for easy recall and use.
- Standard: Standard settings
- Vivid: Brilliant effect with high saturation and contrast
- Natural: Soft effect with low saturation
- Monochrome: A gray scale effect with no color
- Scenery: An effect that enhances scenic shots with vivid blues and greens
- Portrait: An effect that enhances human portraits with healthy and beautiful skin tones
- 3D Photo Mode
- The 3D Photo Scene Mode produces a 2-megapixel (16:9) 3D image in the camera. The image-processing method used by LUMIX records beautiful images with less distortion or visible image links.
- Handheld Night Shot Mode
- Handheld Night Shot Mode generates a beautiful night scenery with illumination by multi-layering the images shot consecutively. Bright, glamorous night scenery can be recorded without using a tripod. In the iA Mode, this function automatically turns on.
- Creative Video Mode
- Creative Video Mode gives you a wider range of expressive possibilities to explore. Changing the shutter speed brings special effects to videos, which is especially suitable for shooting fast-moving subjects. The ability to control the aperture is convenient when there are several subjects at different distances and it is desired to have each of them stand out.
- High-Speed Video
- The DMC-FZ200 records high-speed videos at 120 fps (HD)* or 240 fps (VGA)* in MP4 format. That means you can capture the moment the soccer ball finds the net. Or the moment that a tennis racket strikes the ball. You can even capture scenes that can't be seen with the naked eye, and play them back in dramatic slow motion.
- 48x Intelligent Zoom
- Intelligent Resolution technology enables the Intelligent Zoom, which virtually extends the optical zoom ratio to an approximate 2x equivalent, maintaining the picture quality even combining the digital zoom. This means the 24x optical can be virtually extended to 48x. The Intelligent Zoom function turns ON in the iA Mode or in some Scene Modes. It can also be activated from the menu.
- Intelligent Auto Mode Helps Prevent Mis-Shots
- Panasonic's iA (Intelligent Auto) mode is a combination of functions that makes it easy for anyone to take beautiful photos. In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose shots and capture moments. Just press, aim and shoot. Detection and correction functions work appropriately just by entering the iA Mode for you to take beautiful photos and movies with maximum ease. In addition, Intelligent Resolution technology is always activated in the iA Mode, which results in the clearer and higher image quality in every photo and movie with extended zoom range equivalent to 32x optical zoom by the Intelligent Zoom.
- Face Recognition
- The FZ200 features Face Recognition, a function that "remembers" faces. When a familiar face is recorded several times, the camera will prompt you to register the face. Once completed, if the familiar face appears into your frame again, the camera will display the name you specified for the person and prioritize focus and exposure so that the registered face is bright and in sharp focus. Up to six people's faces can be registered, and up to three can be simultaneously recognized to show their names once registered. Three face images can be registered for each person, to dramatically raise the detection accuracy. And when the angle of view is changed horizontally, the name display also rotates for easier reading.
- AF Tracking Function
- With the AF Tracking function, the user can "lock" the focus onto a moving subject. The camera then automatically tracks the subject as it moves, keeping it in focus without the user having to hold the shutter button halfway down. This makes it easier to capture the perfect moment clearly and in sharp focus when shooting images of a child, pet, sports or any scene with moving subjects and spur-of-the-moment action.
- Face Detection AF and AE
- The Face Detection function can find up to 15 faces in the frame and adjusts the focus and exposure to capture them clearly and in sharp focus. Face detection accuracy has been increased in the FZ200 to now provide continuous adjustment of the focus and exposure even if the face is turned sideways to the camera. Combined with AF Tracking, Face Detection helps users capture special moments, including the fleeting expressions on the faces of active children. Plus, with the FZ200, the red-eye effect can be digitally corrected automatically when it occurs due to the use the flash.
- Intelligent ISO Control
- Thanks to Intelligent ISO Control (IIC), the camera can determine whether or not the subject is moving. If it is moving, Intelligent ISO Control changes the ISO sensitivity and shutter speed accordingly. You get clear, beautiful shots with no motion blur even when photographing kids who won't stay still. If the subject is not moving, the ISO sensitivity is lowered to capture beautiful, natural-looking images.
- Intelligent Scene Selector
- When the camera's in iA mode, the Intelligent Scene Selector senses the ambient conditions and automatically selects either Scenery, Portrait, Macro, Night Portrait or Night Scenery mode accordingly. It makes several other advanced image settings too, so you're assured of getting beautiful results every time you shoot, no matter what the scene or subject. With the Intelligent Scene Selector doing all the complicated work for you, you'll find photography easier than ever to enjoy.
- Motion Deblur Mode
- Motion Deblur Mode prevents blurring with even greater power (the picture size may be reduced). Motion Deblur Mode integrates the Intelligent ISO Control, which automatically adjusts the ISO setting and shutter speed according to the subject's movement, and the advanced contrast control system of Intelligent Exposure, which also optimizes the exposure to prevent over/under-exposed parts in the image. The camera judges the appropriate shutter speed to suppress motion blur according to the subject's movement. The shutter speed rises as high as possible activating the high sensitivity recording by pixel mixed readout method. The camera determines the optimal settings, so anyone can easily capture crisp, clear photos -- without blurring.
- Intelligent Exposure
- With this feature, photos will no longer be under- or over-exposed. Instead, the FZ200 instantly analyzes the framed image and adjusts the brightness in areas that are too dark because of dim lighting, backlighting or the use of the flash. The camera will automatically adjust the brightness accordingly. Intelligent Exposure optimizes the exposure for each part of an image, preventing blocked shadows and blown highlights and helping ensure that gradation and details are reproduced beautifully. It now features an automatic backlight compensation function that activates whenever the camera detects the subject is in backlight.
- Digital Red-eye Correction
- This feature helps to eliminate the red-eye problem that sometimes results when taking flash shots at the night. Incorporated into the built-in flash, the camera emits a small preliminary flash before the main flash, detects red-eye and will digitally correct it.
- Happy Mode
- The Happy Mode optimizes color, saturation and brightness to make images more vivid and true to the color of the scene you remember.
- Program Auto Exposure, Aperture and Shutter Priority
- Intelligent Auto Mode: The camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose shots and capture moments.
- P Mode (Program AE): You can adjust the white balance, ISO sensitivity, and other settings to give a photo a more expressive look.
- A (Aperture Priority) Mode: You select the aperture and the camera automatically sets the shutter speed according to the subject's brightness.
- S (Shutter Priority) Mode: You select the shutter speed and the camera automatically sets the aperture according to the subject's brightness.
- M (Manual) Mode
- Creative Movie Mode: Lets the user set the shutter speed and aperture manually to make even more impressive movies
- Creative Control Mode: Lets you make the image even more impressive in both photo and video recording.
- Custom: Custom 1, Custom 2
- Scene Mode
- Playback Mode
- Scene Modes To Cover A Wide Variety Of Shots
- The versatile Scene Mode range is a unique Lumix feature that handles just about any situation and subject type. By simply selecting a Scene Mode, the camera makes the optimal settings for you automatically, so anybody can take superb photos and movies with ease.
- Portrait Mode: This gives the background a soft focus while capturing the subject clearly and sharply.
- Soft Skin Mode The camera detects the face or skin area to achieve a smoother appearance of the skin than portrait mode.
- Scenery Mode: Capture sweeping vistas in sharp focus.
- Panorama Shot Mode: Makes it is possible to shoot a 360-degree horizontal / vertical panoramic image with consequent shots taken by overlaying the previous picture.
- Sports Mode: Uses a high shutter speed to catch moving subjects.
- Panning Mode: To capture a moving subject in clear detail while the background appears to flow by, Panning mode lets the camera detect hand motion and automatically compensate for vertical jitter only. This imparts a feeling of high-speed action.
- Night Portrait Mode: The MEGA O.I.S. minimizes hand motion at slow shutter speeds, to capture people and night landscapes clearly and beautifully.
- Night Scenery Mode: Allows you to record the nightscape vividly by reducing the shutter speed.
- Handheld Night Shot Mode: For a blur-less, beautifully illuminated night shot even without using a tripod. The camera shoots consecutive 10 shots to simulate over one picture detecting and fixing the position of the subjects.
- HDR Mode: Several still pictures consecutively shot at different exposure levels are overlaid to produce a single composite picture without whiteout (over-exposure) or blackout (under-exposure).
- Food Mode: Allows you to take pictures of food with a natural hue without being affected by the ambient light in restaurants etc.
- Baby1, Baby2 Modes: This mode takes pictures of a baby with a healthy complexion. When the flash is used, the light from it is weaker than usual. You can set the birthdays of two babies (Baby1 and Baby2). The baby's age can then be displayed when playing back pictures.
- Pet Mode: Because pets often won't hold still, this mode switches the camera to Intelligent ISO Control, which prevents motion blur. If you input your pet's date of birth, its age in months (at the time a photo was taken) is displayed when you view photos.
- Sunset Mode: Emphasizing red tones, this mode is designed to capture clear, vivid shots of colorful sunsets.
- High Sensitivity Mode: Select this mode for high-sensitivity processing. You can take pictures at ISO 6400 sensitivity equivalent.
- Glass Through Mode: This mode reduces both light and image reflection and allows you to take pictures through glass.
- 3D Photo: Produces a 2-megapixel 3D image in the camera.
- Pop-Up Digital Flash
- The FZ200 offers a number of flash modes, including Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction for nighttime portraits, and Forced On/Off. Flash output adjustment is available in 1/3EV steps, ±2EV. The flash is more powerful than before and reaches a distance of 8.5 meters at the wide setting and 5.4 meters at the telephoto setting (ISO AUTO). It also has first curtain and second curtain synchro settings.
- Hot Shoe For External Flash
- Manual Focus, Manual Focus Assist, Movable Manual Focus Assist
- Select manual focus with the focus select button on the top of the camera, and use the joystick for super-smooth focusing. The FZ200 also has Manual Focus Assist. The image in the center of the LCD or EVF can be enlarged during manual focus for easier focusing.The entire frame image can also be enlarged. This is helpful for macros and other shots that require extra-precise focusing. Movable MF Assist lets you move the part that is enlarged by the MF Assist function to any area of the frame you want.
- Image Leveling
- Image Leveling is another function that improves post-shooting convenience. When a recorded image "leans" to the right or left because the camera was held at a slight angle, the Image Leveling function rotates the image to straighten it and crops the unnecessary edges*.
- 70MB Built-In Memory
- Take photos even when you don't have an SD/SDHC Memory Card on hand. The built-in memory holds up to 70 MB of image data, which you can later copy to an SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card or PC. You can also copy images from a memory card or PC to the built-in memory, and view them on the LCD anytime you like.
- SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card Compatibilty
- SD Memory Cards combine high storage capacity, rapid data transfer, and flexibility -- all in a card no larger than a postage stamp. Panasonic Lumix™ cameras feature a built-in SD card slot. The cameras also accommodates large-capacity SDHC and SDXC memory cards.
- ISO Sensitivity Settings
- Adjust light-receiving sensitivity just like with a film camera. Available settings: Auto and ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 and 3200 equivalents plus ISO 6400 (extended) equivalent (1600-6400 ISO equivalent in High Sensitivity Mode).
- White Balance Settings
- Set Color tones to match the light source. Available settings include Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Shade, Incandescent, Flash and White Set. When there are several different light sources and it's difficult to get the exact coloration you want, you can also adjust with a reference to the horizontal axis for amber to blue and vertical axis for green to magenta.
- Manual Exposure Compensation
- 1/3 EV steps up to ±3 EV
- Auto Exposure Bracketing
- Automatically shoot three frames with graduated exposure, one shot overexposed, one shot at correct exposure, one shot unedrexposed. Bracketing amount can be set for 1/3 to 1 EV steps.
- Intelligent Multiple Metering Mode Plus Center-Weighted and Spot Metering
- The FZ200's light metering system divides the image into 60 blocks, for improved accuracy in determining brightness, color temperature, and focus information. It also determines the best exposure setting in difficult shooting conditions, such as when there is backlighting. Spot Mode lets you match the exposure to a particular part of the image -- useful for subjects with large brightness variations. Center-weighted and Spot metering is also available.
- Real-Time Histograms
- The DMC-FZ200's histogram feature functions like a digital light meter, providing a graphic representation of the luminance level of the pixels composing an image. By using the histogram, users can exercise more precise exposure control for quality photos. The histogram can be displayed on the unit's large LCD screen while an image is being recorded and also after a shot has been taken.
- 2-Second/10-Second/10-Second 3 Pictures Self-Timer
- Why should you always be the photographer, and never the subject? Once you set the camera to self-time mode, you have up to ten seconds to pose for the picture.
- HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) Output
- The FZ200 is equipped with an mini HDMI output terminal for direct transmission of digital image and sound signals. Just connect the camera to an HDTV using a single HDMI mini cable (purchased separately), and and it's even easy to enjoy slideshow in which both still and motion images integrated in the recorded timeline. If you have a Viera TV, you can control the camera's playback functions with Viera's remote control unit.
- USB 2.0 High-speed Computer Interface
- Panasonic Lumix cameras supports the USB 2.0 high-speed standard. In comparison with conventional full-speed data transfer at 12 Mbps, USB 2.0 high-speed transfers data at soeeds up to 480 Mbps. This is a highly practical speed for sending high-volume image data from the camera to a PC for viewing or storage.
- Versatile Interfaces: USB Terminal, A/V Output Terminal (NTSC)
- Built-in Speaker and Stereo Microphone
- The microphone allows you to record stereo audio when using the motion image recording features.
- AF Assist Lamp
- Provides extra lighting as a focusing aid for slightly dark situations where AF focusing would ordinarily be difficult.
- PictBridge Direct Print Compatibility
- The PictBridge standard lets you print directly on a compatible digital printer. Print size, layout, date and other settings can be made with the camera.
- Conversion Lens Compatibility
- High-Quality Stereo Sound
- The FZ200 ncorporaes a stereo zoom microphone. Its videos also come with the high-quality stereo sound of Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator, providing highly realistic sound to the video. Mechanical noise caused by a zooming operation is suppressed to improve the clarity. The DMC-FZ200 supports the optional accessory Stereo Microphone DMW-MS1, which clearly captures distant sounds in superb quality to make the HD videos taken by the DMC-FZ200 even more lifelike.
Panasonic DMC-FZ200K Specifications
- CCD (Image Sensor)
- 1/2.3", 12.8 Total Megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor, Primary Color Filter
- Camera Effective Pixels
- 12.1 Megapixels
- Recording Format
- Still Image: JPEG (DCF / Exif2.23), RAW
3D Image: MPO
Motion picture: AVCHD, MP4
- Image Quality
- Fine / Standard / RAW / RAW + Fine / RAW + Standard
3D Mode: MPO + Fine / MPO + Standard
- Resolution, Still Image (pixels):
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
4000 x 3000 (12M)
3264 x 2448 (8M EZ)
2560 x 1920 (5M EZ)
2048 x 1536 (3M EZ)
1600 x 1200 (2M EZ)
640 x 480 (0.3M EZ)
3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
4000 x 2672 (10.5M)
3264 x 2176 (7M EZ)
2560 x 1712 (4.5M EZ)
2048 x 1360 (2.5M EZ)
640 x 424 (0.3M EZ)
16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
4000 x 2248 (9M)
3264 x 1840 (6M EZ)
2560 x 1440 (3.5M EZ)
1920 x 1080 (2M EZ)
640 x 360 (0.2M EZ)
1920 x 1080 (3D)
1:1 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
2992 x 2992 (9M)
2448 x 2448 (6M EZ)
1920 x 1920 (3.5M EZ)
1536 x 1536 (2.5M EZ)
480 x 480 pixels (0.2M)
- Motion Picture Recording
- HD Video 1,920 x 1,080 pixels:
AVCHD 60p (PSH: 28Mbps) (Sensor output is 60fps)
AVCHD 60i (FSH: 17Mbps) (Sensor output is 60fps)
MP4, 30fps (FHD: 20Mbps) (Sensor output is 30fps)
HD Video 1,280 x 720 pixels:
AVCHD 60p (SH: 17Mbps) (Sensor output is 60fps)
MP4, 30fps (HD: 10Mbps) (Sensor output is 30fps)
STD Video 640 x 480 pixels (VGA):
MP4, 30fps (4Mbps)
High Speed Video 1,280 x 720 pixels:
MP4, 30fps (Sensor output is 120fps)
High Speed Video 640 x 480 pixels:
MP4, 30fps (Sensor output is 240fps)
(Max. of approx. 4 GB of continuous motion picture can be recorded in MP4. In AVCHD, recording may be continued until the card is full.)
- Motion Picture Recordable Time
- Continuous Recordable Time
AVCHD with picture quality set to [PSH]: Approx. 160 min
AVCHD with picture quality set to [SH]: Approx. 180 min
MP4 with picture quality set to [FHD]: Approx. 200 min
Actual Recordable Time
AVCHD with picture quality set to [PSH]: Approx. 80 min
AVCHD with picture quality set to [SH]: Approx. 90 min
MP4 with picture quality set to [FHD]: Approx. 100 min
- Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Lens
- 14 elements in 11 groups (5 aspherical lenses / 9 aspherical surfaces, 3 ED Lenses, 1 Nano Surface Coating Lens)
- Optical Zoom
- Digital Zoom
- Digital: 4x
When Digital Zoom is used simultaneously with Intelligent Zoom, you can only increase the zoom ratio up to 2x
Max. 96x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom
Max. 187x combined with Extra Optical Zoom
- Extra Optical Zoom
- 29.4x (4:3 / 8M), 37.5x (4:3 / 5M), 46.9x (4:3 / under 3M)
- Intelligent Zoom
- Focal Length
- f = 4.5 - 108 mm (35mm equiv: 25 - 600 mm; 28 - 672 mm 35 mm equiv. in video recording)
- F2.8 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F2.8 - 8 (W, T))
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Power O.I.S. (On / Off / On with Active Mode (Only for Motion Picture)
- Focusing Area:
- Normal: Wide 30cm (0.98 feet) - infinity / Tele 200 cm (6.56 feet) - infinity
AF Macro / MF / Intelligent AUTO / Motion Picture: Wide 1 cm (0.03 feet) - infinity / Tele 100 cm (3.27 feet) - infinity
- AF Metering:
- Face, AF tracking, Multi-area (23-point), 1-area (flexible / scalable)
- Normal, AF Macro, MF, Quick AF On/Off (On in Intelligent Auto), Continuous AF (only for motion picture), Focus Button, AF/AF Macro/MF Switchable, AF/AE Lock Button, Manual Focus, One Shot AF, AF Area Select, AF Tracking
- ISO Sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity)
- Auto / i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400* (Changeable to 1/3 EV steps)
High Sensitivity Mode: Auto (ISO 1600 - 6400)
- White Balance
- Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / Flash / White Set1 / White Set2 / Color Temperature Adjustment (2-axis adjustable, ±9 steps each, Blue / Amber and Magenta / Green bias)
- Program AE, Shutter Priority AE, Aperture Priority AE, Manual
- Exposure Compensation
- 1/3 EV Step, ±3 EV
- Auto (AE) Bracketing
- ± 1/3 EV-1 EV Step, 3 Frames
- Light Metering
- Intelligent Multiple / Center-weighted / Spot
- Shutter Speed
- Still: 60 - 1/4000 sec
Movie Mode : 1/30 - 1/20,000 sec (1/8 - 1/20,000 sec on MF operation on Creative Movie mode)
- Rec Modes (Mode Dial)
- Intelligent Auto, P (Program) Mode, A (Aperture Priority) Mode, S (Shutter Priority) Mode, M (Manual) Mode, Custom 1, Custom 2, Creative Movie Mode, Creative Control Mode (Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, High Dynamic, Miniature Effect, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Soft Focus, Star Filter, One Point Color), Still Image Scene Mode (Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Panorama Shot, Sports, Panning, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Handheld Night Shot, HDR, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Glass Through, 3D Photo)
- Photo Style
- Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom
- Color Effect (only in iA Mode)
- Standard, Black & White, Sepia, Happy
- Picture Adjustment
- Contrast, Sharpness, Saturation, Noise Reduction
- Continuous Shooting Mode
- Full-Resolution Image, 12 frames / sec Max. 12 images (Standard Mode / Fine Mode); with AF Tracking: 5.5 frames / sec, 2 frames / sec
High-speed Burst Mode: Approx. 40 frames / sec (recorded in 5M for 4:3, 4.5M for 3:2, 3.5M for 16:9, 3.5M for 1:1); Approx. 60 frames / sec (recorded in 2.5M for 4:3, 3M for 3:2, 3.5M for 16:9, 2M for 1:1)
- Self Timer
- 10 seconds, 2 seconds, 10 seconds / 3 images
- Playback Mode
- Normal Playback, Slideshow, Filtering Playback (Picture Only, Video Only, 3D, Category, Favorites), Thumbnails (12 / 30 thumbnails), Zoomed Playback, Calendar Display, Set Favorites, Show Histogram, Show Highlights, DPOF Print Setting, Set Protection, Resize, Cropping, Leveling, Copy, Title Edit, Text Stamp, Creative Retouch, Auto Retouch
- Built-in Flash Modes
- Auto, Auto / Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync. / Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced Off
- Flash Synchro:
- 1st / 2nd
- Built-in Flash Range
- ISO AUTO: Wide: 0.98 - 44.29 feet (0.3 - 13.5m); Tele: 3.28 - 44.29 feet (1.0 - 13.5m)
- LCD Monitor
- 3.0" (7.5cm) Diagonal Free-angle TFT Color LCD with 460,000 pixels, AR Coating, Wide-viewing Angle, Field of view: approx. 100%, Auto Power LCD Mode, Power LCD Mode
- 0.21" diagonal Color EVF (1,312,000 pixels equiv.), Field of view: approx. 100%, Lens 18.4x
- Built-in SD / SDHC / SDXC Card Slot
- Recording Media:
- Approx. 70MB Built-in Memory
- SD Memory Card
- SDHC Memory Card
- SDXC Memory Card (Compatible with UHS-I standard)
- Built-in Stereo
- Built-in Mono
- A/V Output (NTSC), mini HDMI, USB Multi, Microphone
- Direct Print
- PictBridge (Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF)
- Power Supply:
- Power ID-Security Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, Minimum: 1200 mAh) (Included)
AC Adaptor (Input: 110 - 240V AC) (Optional, also requires optional DC coupler)
- Battery Life (Approx.)
- Up to 540 pictures (CIPA Standard)
- Model Color
- Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 3.41 " x 4.93" x 4.34" (86.6 x 125.2 x 110.2 mm)
- 1 lb. 2.9 oz. (537 g) camera only
1 lb. 4.7 oz. (588 g) with battery and memory card