Panasonic DMP-BDT230 Blu-Ray Player
Get Panasonic DMP-BDT230 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is a Panasonic
Authorized Internet etailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
Panasonic DMP-BDT230 Blu-Ray Player
Features in Detail | Enlarged Image
The Panasonic DMP-BDT230 3D Blu-ray Disc player, when coupled with a Full HD 3D Plasma television and 3D shutter glasses, provides the the ultimate home 3D experience. Advanced 2D image technology accumulated over the years at the Panasonic Hollywood Laboratory (PHL) has also been applied to 3D image playback, allowing high quality images to approach original film quality. Lifelike 3D images with dramatic leaping effects and enhanced depth, luster and texture are beautifully reproduced. It also features VIERA Connect's improved Internet functionality. A new feature, Display Mirroring, takes into account the increased smartphone and tablet use while viewing programming on your TV. Now simply with a flick of the hand, users can take content on their smartphone or tablet (Android 4.2) operating system or higher) and view the same images, videos or games on a large screen to share with family and friends.
The DMP-BDT230 3D Blu-ray Disc Player includes an SD Memory card slot, making it easy to view and share both digital still images and HD video recorded with an HD camcorder in the AVCHD format. The BDT230 also includes front and back USB slots for easy connection with JPEG/MP3 data, plus a built-in Wireless LAN Adaptor for wireless connection to online content such as VIERA Connect and BD-Live. The DMP-BDT230 also features high-quality network audio (DLNA compatable) as well as built-in 4K up-scaling, 2D-3D conversion for any content and an HDMI port. The Panasonic DMP-BDT230 3D Blu-ray Disc player is the direct successor to the 2012 CEA Innovation award-winning and critically acclaimed BDT220. The BDT230 features built-in Wi-Fi, 2D-3D conversion, a web browser with pointer cursor, and Panasonic's proprietary IPTV platform, VIERA Connect.
Panasonic DMP-BDT230 Key Features
- Blu-ray Full HD 3D Playback*
- When coupled with a Full HD 3D Plasma television and 3D shutter glasses, the DMP-BDT230 provides the the ultimate home 3D experience. The player outputs stunning, rock-solid, and immersive Full HD 3D imagery to compatible displays. The DMP-BDT230 utilizes groundbreaking technologies incorporated in Panasonic's proprietary UniPhier LSI chip, enabling the player to flawlessly process the large quantity of visual information necessary to create a Full HD 3D image in 1920 x 1080 resolution. Adaptive Chroma Upsampling insures that colors will be faithfully reproduced; and all native digital DVD formats are upscaled to 1080p resolution quality.
When Panasonic engineers set out to develop a home-use 3D theater system, the aim was set to bring exactly the same richness and realism that you see in a 3D cinema, right into the living room. The result was FULL HD 3D. The FULL HD 3D's concept was inspired by Hollywood 3D movie theater systems. Large capacity of Blu-ray Disc™ and excellent moving image performance of the plasma display finally enabled FULL HD 3D into the real system, in which the highest image quality of a pair of full HD images for each eye will be kept in the most pristine form throughout the system.
The technology in which the left-eye and right-eye 3D images are sent to the viewer is the key to 3D image quality. For this, FULL HD 3D uses something called the Frame Sequential technology. First, the plasma display panel, which has a number of inherent advantages for moving picture resolution, was further advanced to allow images for each of the left and right eyes to be alternately reproduced at the rate of 60 frames per second (fps), making a total of 120 fps for both eyes. Viewers watch the images through high-precision 3D Eyewear*, which open and close the left and right shutters in synchronization with the alternating images. As a result, a separate 1920 x 1080 full-HD image is sent to each eye. This addresses the image quality problems and blurring that were common to previous 3D systems, and creates sharp, crisp 3D images.
- View Mobile Device Content on Your TV with Miracast*
- Now you can stream movies, TV shows, music, videos, photos and more from your Android 4.2-or-higher-enabled mobile device directly to your TV.* Panasonic's DMP-BDT230 Smart Network 3D Blu-Ray Disc™ Player is equipped with Miracast, which makes it possible to play mobile content on the big screen. No more crowding around a tiny phone to share your favorite content. Miracast makes exploring and enjoying the Internet -- including popular streaming Apps -- easy and fun.
- Built-in Web Browser*
- The Panasonic DMP-BDT230 Smart Network 3D Blu-Ray Disc™ Player comes equipped with an Internet browser. So all your favorite sites usually seen from your PC, smartphone or tablet can be displayed on your large-screen TV, from the comfort of your living room. It makes surfing the web more fun, more social and more sharable -- a great way to bring friends and family closer together.
- VIERA Connect*
- This Internet enabled technology lets the user access the Internet without the need of either an external box or a PC. Panasonic upgraded its home AV online platform from VIERA CAST™ to VIERA Connect™ in Autumn 2011. This platform not only offers users greater convenience but greatly enhances enjoyment as well. Now, you can enjoy an even wider variety of Internet content with family and friends from the comfort of your living room. VIERA Connect now gives you even more App and content options. It makes the online experience bigger, bolder, and clearer than ever.
- 3D Effect Controller*
- The 3D Effect Controller lets you moderate the leaping effects of 3D images. It also lets you adjust the amount of depth, so you can view expansive images and enjoy movies with exactly the kind of 3D effects you want.
- 2D-3D Conversion*
- The 2D-3D Conversion makes it possible to convert images from DVDs and Blu-ray Discs™ into 3D with natural depth perception. So you can watch your prized DVD movie collection in 3D with real-life depth, for even greater viewing enjoyment.
- SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card Playback*
- The DMP-BDT230 Panasonic Blu-Ray player is equipped with an SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card slot, which makes it easy to view photos from your digital camera. Just slip the memory card into the slot, and you're ready to enjoy a spectacular big-screen slideshow with family and friends.
The SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card slot supports AVCHD, MP4, JPEG and MPO playback.
- Two* USB 2.0 High Speed Terminals
- This player is equipped with front and rear USB terminals. Use the cable to connect a camera to the USB terminal and you're also ready to enjoy a big-screen slideshow. Or connect to a PC to play back a variety of file types, including MP3 audio and MP4 video. All these Blu-ray Disc Players are compatible with NTFS (NT File System) format external hard disk drives, so you can enjoy music (FLAC, MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC), photos (JPEG, MPO), and video content (MKV / MP4) archived on an external HDD.
* Features marked with an asterisk above indicate key step-up features from the Panasonic DMP-BD89.
- HDMI Output For Higher-Quality Video and Audio
- HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is an interface standard for digital transmission of video and audio signals. With HDMI, the signals are not compressed. Transmission is direct and "pure" -- free of the degradation and noise that occur with analog signal transmission. This new interface supports image resolution all the way up to 1080p. HDMI is particularly well suited for images that will be viewed on plasma display panels, LCDs and other equipment that uses all-digital image processing. In terms of sound, HDMI is ideal for DVD-Audio and other high-quality digital formats. It accurately transmits even the most delicate signal components contained in high-quality audio signals. The result is superb sound, whether the source is two-channel or multi-channel. HDMI is simple to use, too, requiring connection of a single cable. With all these advantages, HDMI is the ideal interface for today's age of steadily advancing digital A/V equipment and media.
- Wireless LAN System
- To further enhance the networking experience, the BDT230 includes a built-in Wireless LAN adaptor. Firmware can be updated, you can enjoy BD-Live, you can enjoy VIERA CAST and you can access other devices (Home Network).
- New P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) Full HD Upsampling
- Pictures of normal image quality are corrected to sharp and detailed images when output as 1080i/1080p from HDMI AV OUT. P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) is another technology that contributes to the superior picture quality of the Blu-ray players. P4HD processes more than 15 billion pixels per second and applies the optimal processing to every pixel. Panasonic's Blu-ray players further utilize 16-level motion detection to categorize the image motion of each pixel into one of 16 levels; diagonal processing to detect diagonals and correct the pixels accordingly; 1080p up-conversion to up-convert content recorded in the 480i/p or 720p format to 1080p. The Blu-ray players also provide 1080/24p output, thereby reproducing cinema images from a Blu-ray Disc and DVD in their original 24p form with no need for conversion. This allows the user to enjoy cinema images in the same format used in cinema with a 1080/24p compatible TV.
- NETFLIX™, CINEMANOW™, VUDU™ HULUPLUS™ YOUTUBE™ Compatible
- Enjoy your favorite movies, shows, and other content directly from your Blu-ray Disc player.
- Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® TrueHD and DTS™-HD Decode and Bitstream Output
- The DMP-BDT230 features a high definition audio decoder (Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio Essential) to take advantage of the exceptionally high quality 7.1 channel surround sound now integrated in Blu-ray Discs.
- HDMI-CEC allows for the control of other HDMI-CEC compatible electronic peripherals by way of the TV's remote. HDMI connection is required.
- Dialog Enhancer
- Most of the movie dialogue recorded in surround sound formats (either Dolby Digital®, DTS® or Dolby Pro Logic®) is heard through the center channel speaker. At times, dialogue can be overwhelmed by particularly loud sounds emanating from the other speakers in your surround sound system. The dialogue enhancer increases the center channel volume (relative to other channels), making movie dialogue easier to hear and understand.
- Dynamic Range Compression
- You can listen at low volumes but still hear dialog clearly (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD only).
- 1080/24p Playback
- These Blu-ray players provide 1080/24p output, thereby reproducing cinema images from a Blu-ray Disc and DVD in their original 24p form with no need for conversion. This allows the user to enjoy cinema images in the same format used in cinema with a 1080/24p compatible TV.
- Deep Color and x.v.Color™
- x.v.Color™ function is effective only when reproducing AVCHD data recorded with x.v.Color technology. The function cannot be used with BD-ROM or DVD-ROM discs. HDMI connection is required.
- DLNA Certified
- DLNA-certified Blu-ray Disc Players and Home Theaters are easy to use with your home network. Share and enjoy digital photos (JPEG), music (MP3, WMA) and videos (AVCHD, WMV) by simply connecting to a home network (LAN). For example, you can install a special app on your smartphone and use it to access a DLNA-certified PC via a Wi-Fi router in another room. The PC works as a DLNA server where your collection of movies, photos and videos is stored. You can access, browse and view media stored on the server while in another room without having to worry about shuffling discs.
- BD-ROM, BD-RE, BD-RE DL, BD-R/BD-R DL Playback
- BD-ROM Playback*: FULL HD 3D BD, BD-Video
BD-RE / BD-RE DL (Ver.3): JPEG, MPO
BD-R/BD-R DL (Ver.2): MKV
- DVD-ROM / DVD-R / DVD-RW / DVD-R DL / DVD+R / DVD+R DL / DVD+RW Playback
- DVD-ROM: DVD Video
DVD-R / DVD-R DL (Discs recorded and finalized on recording devices): DVD Video, DVD Video Recording, AVCHD, JPEG, MP3, MPO, MKV, FLAC, WAV, WMA, AAC
DVD-RW (Discs recorded and finalized on recording devices): DVD Video, DVD Video Recording, AVCHD
DVD+R / DVD+R DL / DVD+RW (Discs recorded and finalized on recording devices): DVD Video, AVCHD
- CD / CD-R / CD-RW Playback
- Playability may vary depending on the contents, discs and quality of the recording.
CD-DA, JPEG, MPO, MP3, MKV, FLAC, WAV, WMA, AAC
- BD Live™ and BonusView™
- Connect directly to the Internet to access bonus features, games and movie studio extras. BD-Live feature includes BonusView functions. To enjoy additional content (such as BD-Live) on certain Blu-ray Disc titles, you will need to insert an SD card or USB flash drive (1GB or more of free space/sold separately). Requires broadband Internet service for a fee.
- HDMI Out (1)
Optical Audio Out
LAN (Ethernet) Terminal (for DLNA, BD-Live, VIERA Connect and Firmware Update)
- Video System:
- Power Supply:
- AC 120V, 60Hz
- Approximate Power Consumption:
- Normal Use - 14W
Standby Quick Start Off - 0.5W
Quick Start On - 5.5W
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Approximately 16-15/16 x 1-1/2 x 7-1/16 inches (Main Unit excluding projecting parts)
- Approximately 3.1 lbs. (Main Unit)
Panasonic DMP-BDT230 Blu-Ray Player
Features in Detail | Enlarged Image