Panasonic DMP-BD89 Blu-Ray Player
Get Panasonic DMP-BD89 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is a Panasonic
Authorized Internet etailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
The Panasonic DMP-BD89 3D Blu-ray Disc player provides high quality images. The DMP-BD89 provided 1080/24p output, thereby reproducing cinema images from a Blu-ray Disc and DVD in their original 24p form with no need for conversion. HDMI Output supports image resolution all the way up to 1080p and accurately transmits even the most delicate signal components contained in high-quality audio signals. Netflix™, Cinema Now™, Vudu™ compatibility allows you to enjoy streaming movies, shows and other content. The BD89 includes a USB slot for easy connection with JPEG/MP3 data, plus built-in Wi-Fi for wireless connection to online content such as BD-Live and to access other devices on your home network.
Recognizing that audio is important to the overall entertainment experience, The Panasonic DMP-BD75 features a high definition audio decoder (Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio Essential) to take advantage of the exceptional 7.1 channel surround sound incorporated in Blu-ray Discs.
Panasonic DMP-BD89 Key Features
- Wireless LAN System With Built-in Wi-Fi Adaptor*
- To further enhance the networking experience, the BD89 includes a built-in Wireless LAN adaptor. Firmware can be updated, you can enjoy BD-Live and you can access other devices (Home Network).
* Feature marked with an asterisk above indicates key step-up feature from the Panasonic DMP-BD79.
- New P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) Full HD Upsampling
- Pictures of normal image quality are corrected to sharp and detailed images when output as 1080i/1080p from HDMI AV OUT. P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) is another technology that contributes to the superior picture quality of the Blu-ray players. P4HD processes more than 15 billion pixels per second and applies the optimal processing to every pixel. Panasonic's Blu-ray players further utilize 16-level motion detection to categorize the image motion of each pixel into one of 16 levels; diagonal processing to detect diagonals and correct the pixels accordingly; 1080p up-conversion to up-convert content recorded in the 480i/p or 720p format to 1080p. The Blu-ray players also provide 1080/24p output, thereby reproducing cinema images from a Blu-ray Disc and DVD in their original 24p form with no need for conversion. This allows the user to enjoy cinema images in the same format used in cinema with a 1080/24p compatible TV.
- NETFLIX™, CINEMANOW™, VUDU™ HULUPLUS™ YOUTUBE™ Compatible
- Enjoy your favorite movies, shows, and other content directly from your Blu-ray Disc player.
- Ultra-Fast Booting and Loading
- Loads your disc fast for quick enjoyment of your content.
- HDMI Output
- HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is an interface standard for digital transmission of video and audio signals. With HDMI, the signals are not compressed. Transmission is direct and "pure" -- free of the degradation and noise that occur with analog signal transmission. This new interface supports image resolution all the way up to 1080p. HDMI is particularly well suited for images that will be viewed on plasma display panels, LCDs and other equipment that uses all-digital image processing. In terms of sound, HDMI is ideal for DVD-Audio and other high-quality digital formats. It accurately transmits even the most delicate signal components contained in high-quality audio signals. The result is superb sound, whether the source is two-channel or multi-channel. HDMI is simple to use, too, requiring connection of a single cable. With all these advantages, HDMI is the ideal interface for today's age of steadily advancing digital A/V equipment and media.
- Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® TrueHD and DTS™-HD Decode and Bitstream Output
- The DMP-BD89 features a high definition audio decoder (Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio Essential) to take advantage of the exceptionally high quality 7.1 channel surround sound now integrated in Blu-ray Discs.
- HDMI-CEC Control
- HDMI-CEC allows for the control of other HDMI-CEC compatible electronic peripherals by way of the TV's remote. HDMI connection is required.
- Dialog Enhancer
- Most of the movie dialogue recorded in surround sound formats (either Dolby Digital®, DTS® or Dolby Pro Logic®) is heard through the center channel speaker. At times, dialogue can be overwhelmed by particularly loud sounds emanating from the other speakers in your surround sound system. The dialogue enhancer increases the center channel volume (relative to other channels), making movie dialogue easier to hear and understand.
- Dynamic Range Compression
- You can listen at low volumes but still hear dialog clearly (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD only).
- 1080/24p Playback
- These Blu-ray players provide 1080/24p output, thereby reproducing cinema images from a Blu-ray Disc and DVD in their original 24p form with no need for conversion. This allows the user to enjoy cinema images in the same format used in cinema with a 1080/24p compatible TV.
- Deep Color and x.v.Color™
- x.v.Color™ function is effective only when reproducing AVCHD data recorded with x.v.Color technology. The function cannot be used with BD-ROM or DVD-ROM discs. HDMI connection is required.
- DLNA Certified
- DLNA-certified Blu-ray Disc Players and Home Theaters are easy to use with your home network. Share and enjoy digital photos (JPEG), music (MP3, WMA) and videos (AVCHD, WMV) by simply connecting to a home network (LAN). For example, you can install a special app on your smartphone and use it to access a DLNA-certified PC via a Wi-Fi router in another room. The PC works as a DLNA server where your collection of movies, photos and videos is stored. You can access, browse and view media stored on the server while in another room without having to worry about shuffling discs.
- USB 2.0 High Speed Terminal
- This player is equipped with a front USB terminal. Use the cable to connect a camera to the USB terminal and you're also ready to enjoy a big-screen slideshow. Or connect to a PC to play back a variety of file types, including MP3 audio and MP4 video. All these Blu-ray Disc Players are compatible with NTFS (NT File System) format external hard disk drives, so you can enjoy music (FLAC, MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC), photos (JPEG), and video content (MKV / MP4) archived on an external HDD.
- BD-ROM, BD-RE, BD-RE DL, BD-R/BD-R DL Playback
- BD-ROM Playback*: FULL HD 3D BD, BD-Video
BD-RE / BD-RE DL (Ver.3): JPEG
BD-R/BD-R DL (Ver.2): MKV
- DVD-ROM / DVD-R / DVD-RW / DVD-R DL / DVD+R / DVD+R DL / DVD+RW Playback
- DVD-ROM: DVD Video
DVD-R / DVD-R DL (Discs recorded and finalized on recording devices): DVD Video, DVD Video Recording, AVCHD, JPEG, MP3, MKV, FLAC, WAV, WMA, AAC
DVD-RW (Discs recorded and finalized on recording devices): DVD Video, DVD Video Recording, AVCHD
DVD+R / DVD+R DL / DVD+RW (Discs recorded and finalized on recording devices): DVD Video, AVCHD
- CD / CD-R / CD-RW Playback
- Playability may vary depending on the contents, discs and quality of the recording.
CD-DA, JPEG, MP3, MKV, FLAC, WAV, WMA, AAC
- BD Live™ and BonusView™
- Connect directly to the Internet to access bonus features, games and movie studio extras. BD-Live feature includes BonusView functions. To enjoy additional content (such as BD-Live) on certain Blu-ray Disc titles, you will need to insert a USB flash drive (1GB or more of free space/sold separately). Requires broadband Internet service for a fee.
- HDMI Out (1)
LAN (Ethernet) Terminal (for DLNA, BD-Live, VIERA Connect and Firmware Update)
- Video System:
- Power Supply:
- AC 120V, 60Hz
- Approximate Power Consumption:
- Normal Use - 11W
Standby Quick Start Off - 0.5W
Quick Start On - 3.5W
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Approximately 13 x 1-1/2 x 7-1/16 inches (Main Unit excluding projecting parts)
- Approximately 2.2 lbs. (Main Unit)