Panasonic Blu-Ray Players
Shop Panasonic Blu-Ray and DVD Players Online
Feature Comparison Chart for Panasonic Blu-Ray Players
Click on model number in the chart below to see photo and features.
Click on any underlined feature on this chart for a more detailed explanation.
Panasonic Blu-Ray Players Feature Explanations:
- 1 - BD-ROM, BD-RE, BD-RE DL, BD-R/BD-R DL Playback
- BD-ROM Playback**: FULL HD 3D BD*, BD-Video
BD-RE / BD-RE DL (Ver.3): JPEG, MPO*
BD-R/BD-R DL (Ver.2): MKV
- 2 - DVD-ROM / DVD-R / DVD-RW / DVD-R DL / DVD+R / DVD+R DL / DVD+RW Playback
- DVD-ROM: DVD Video
DVD-R / DVD-R DL (Discs recorded and finalized on recording devices): DVD Video, DVD Video Recording, AVCHD, JPEG, MP3, MPO*, MKV, FLAC
DVD-RW (Discs recorded and finalized on recording devices): DVD Video, DVD Video Recording, AVCHD
DVD+R / DVD+R DL / DVD+RW (Discs recorded and finalized on recording devices): DVD Video, AVCHD
- 3 - CD / CD-R / CD-RW Playback
- Playability may vary depending on the contents, discs and quality of the recording.
CD-DA, JPEG, MPO*, MP3, MKV, FLAC
- 4 - SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card Playback
- The DMP-BDT230 and DMP-BDT330 Panasonic Blu-Ray players are each equipped with an SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card slot, which makes it easy to view photos from your digital camera. Just slip the memory card into the slot, and you're ready to enjoy a spectacular big-screen slideshow with family and friends.
The SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card slot supports AVCHD, MPEG2, JPEG and MPO playback.
- 5 - USB Terminals
- All four players are equipped with at least one USB terminal. Use the cable to connect the camera to the USB terminal and you're also ready to enjoy a big-screen slideshow. Or connect to a PC to play back a variety of file types, including MP3 audio and MP4 video. All these Blu-ray Disc Players are compatible with NTFS (NT File System) format external hard disk drives, so you can enjoy music (FLAC, MP3), photos (JPEG, MPO), and camcorder video content (AVCHD, MP4) archived on an external HDD.
JPEG, MPO*, MP3, FLAC, MKV / ts / m2ts / MP4 playback
- 6 - View Mobile Device Content on Your TV with Miracast
- Now you can stream movies, TV shows, music, videos, photos and more from your Android 4.2-or-higher-enabled mobile device directly to your TV.* Panasonic's DMP-BDT330 and DMP-BDT230 Smart Network 3D Blu-Ray Disc™ Players are equipped with Miracast, which makes it possible to play mobile content on the big screen. No more crowding around a tiny phone to share your favorite content. Miracast makes exploring and enjoying the Internet -- including popular streaming Apps -- easy and fun.
- 7 - Built-in Web Browser
- The Panasonic DMP-BDT330 and DMP-BDT230 Smart Network 3D Blu-Ray Disc™ Players come equipped with an Internet browser. So all your favorite sites usually seen from your PC, smartphone or tablet can be displayed on your large-screen TV, from the comfort of your living room. It makes surfing the web more fun, more social and more sharable -- a great way to bring friends and family closer together.
- 8 - NETFLIX™, CINEMANOW™, VUDU™ HULUPLUS™ YOUTUBE™ Compatible
- Enjoy your favorite movies, shows, and other content directly from your Blu-ray Disc player.
- 9 - VIERA Connect
- This Internet enabled technology lets the user access the Internet without the need of either an external box or a PC. Panasonic upgraded its home AV online platform from VIERA CAST™ to VIERA Connect™ in Autumn 2011. This platform not only offers users greater convenience but greatly enhances enjoyment as well. Now, you can enjoy an even wider variety of Internet content with family and friends from the comfort of your living room.
- 10 - Wireless LAN System
- To further enhance the networking experience, the DMP-BDT330, DMP-BDT230 and DMP-BD89 include a built-in Wireless LAN adaptor, while the BD79 features Wireless LAN capability (a wireless LAN adaptor, model DY-WL5, is sold separately). Firmware can be updated, you can enjoy BD-Live, you can enjoy VIERA CAST and you can access other devices (Home Network).
- 11 - Built-in 4K (UHD) Up-Scaling
- The DMP-BDT330 comes equipped with Built-in 4K (UHD) Up-Scaling, which provides you with an image quality virtually identical to that of a digital professional camera. It works by using Panasonic's advanced high-quality image processing technology, which instantly analyzes the color and luminance of each pixel, and boosts the input signal to an ultra-high quality 4K video signal (8M pixels) for stunning resolution, color and texture.
- 12 - 1080/24p Playback
- These Blu-ray players provide 1080/24p output, thereby reproducing cinema images from a Blu-ray Disc and DVD in their original 24p form with no need for conversion. This allows the user to enjoy cinema images in the same format used in cinema with a 1080/24p compatible TV.
- 13 - Deep Color and x.v.Color™
- x.v.Color™ function is effective only when reproducing AVCHD data recorded with x.v.Color technology. The function cannot be used with BD-ROM or DVD-ROM discs. HDMI connection is required.
- 14 -New P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) Full HD Upsampling
- Pictures of normal image quality are corrected to sharp and detailed images when output as 1080i/1080p from HDMI AV OUT. P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) is another technology that contributes to the superior picture quality of the Blu-ray players. P4HD processes more than 15 billion pixels per second and applies the optimal processing to every pixel. Panasonic's Blu-ray players further utilize 16-level motion detection to categorize the image motion of each pixel into one of 16 levels; diagonal processing to detect diagonals and correct the pixels accordingly; 1080p up-conversion to up-convert content recorded in the 480i/p or 720p format to 1080p. The Blu-ray players also provide 1080/24p output, thereby reproducing cinema images from a Blu-ray Disc and DVD in their original 24p form with no need for conversion. This allows the user to enjoy cinema images in the same format used in cinema with a 1080/24p compatible TV.
- 15 - High-Quality Network Audio Playback (DLNA Compatable)
- Panasonic's line of Blu-ray Players features high-quality network audio (DLNA compatable). As a DLNA-certified device, a Panasonic Blu-Ray Player integrates with your home network for quick and easy access to your digital media. Access all your digital photos (JPEG), music (MP3, WMA) and videos (AVCHD, WMV) stored on your DNLA-certified PC or network drive.
- 16 - Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® TrueHD and DTS™-HD Decode and Bitstream Output
- Panasonic Blu-ray Disc players all feature a high definition audio decoder (Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio Essential) to take advantage of the exceptionally high quality 7.1 channel surround sound integrated in Blu-ray Discs. HDMI connection required.
- 17 - HDMI-CEC
- HDMI-CEC allows for the control of other HDMI-CEC compatible electronic peripherals by way of the TV's remote. HDMI connection is required.
- 18 - DLNA (DMP and DMR) Function
- DLNA-certified Blu-ray Disc Players and Home Theaters are easy to use with your home network. Share and enjoy digital photos (JPEG), music (MP3, WMA) and videos (AVCHD, WMV) by simply connecting to a home network (LAN). For example, you can install a special app on your smartphone and use it to access a DLNA-certified PC via a Wi-Fi router in another room. The PC works as a DLNA server where your collection of movies, photos and videos is stored. You can access, browse and view media stored on the server while in another room without having to worry about shuffling discs.
- 19 - HDMI Output
- HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is an interface standard for digital transmission of video and audio signals. With HDMI, the signals are not compressed. Transmission is direct and "pure" -- free of the degradation and noise that occur with analog signal transmission. This new interface supports image resolution all the way up to 1080p. HDMI is particularly well suited for images that will be viewed on plasma display panels, LCDs and other equipment that uses all-digital image processing. In terms of sound, HDMI is ideal for DVD-Audio and other high-quality digital formats. It accurately transmits even the most delicate signal components contained in high-quality audio signals. The result is superb sound, whether the source is two-channel or multi-channel. HDMI is simple to use, too, requiring connection of a single cable. With all these advantages, HDMI is the ideal interface for today's age of steadily advancing digital A/V equipment and media.
Twin HDMI Output For Higher-Quality Video and Audio (DMP-BDT330): With one HDMI output exclusively dedicated for a video signal and another output dedicated for an audio signal, your home theater system will look and sound incredible. In addition to the superior sound and picture quality, the twin HDMI functionality ensures easy customization with legacy audio equipment.*
- 20 - Blu-ray Full HD 3D Playback
- When coupled with a Full HD 3D Plasma television and 3D shutter glasses, the DMP-BDT330 provides the the ultimate home 3D experience. The player outputs stunning, rock-solid, and immersive Full HD 3D imagery to compatible displays. The DMP-BDT330 utilizes groundbreaking technologies incorporated in Panasonic's proprietary UniPhier LSI chip, enabling the player to flawlessly process the large quantity of visual information necessary to create a Full HD 3D image in 1920 x 1080 resolution. Adaptive Chroma Upsampling insures that colors will be faithfully reproduced; and all native digital DVD formats are upscaled to 1080p resolution quality.
When Panasonic engineers set out to develop a home-use 3D theater system, the aim was set to bring exactly the same richness and realism that you see in a 3D cinema, right into the living room. The result was FULL HD 3D. The FULL HD 3D's concept was inspired by Hollywood 3D movie theater systems. Large capacity of Blu-ray Disc™ and excellent moving image performance of the plasma display finally enabled FULL HD 3D into the real system, in which the highest image quality of a pair of full HD images for each eye will be kept in the most pristine form throughout the system.
The technology in which the left-eye and right-eye 3D images are sent to the viewer is the key to 3D image quality. For this, FULL HD 3D uses something called the Frame Sequential technology. First, the plasma display panel, which has a number of inherent advantages for moving picture resolution, was further advanced to allow images for each of the left and right eyes to be alternately reproduced at the rate of 60 frames per second (fps), making a total of 120 fps for both eyes. Viewers watch the images through high-precision 3D Eyewear*, which open and close the left and right shutters in synchronization with the alternating images. As a result, a separate 1920 x 1080 full-HD image is sent to each eye. This addresses the image quality problems and blurring that were common to previous 3D systems, and creates sharp, crisp 3D images.
- 21 - 3D Effect Controller
- The 3D Effect Controller lets you moderate the leaping effects of 3D images. It also lets you adjust the amount of depth, so you can view expansive images and enjoy movies with exactly the kind of 3D effects you want.
- 22 - 2D-3D Conversion
- The 2D-3D Conversion makes it possible to convert images from DVDs and Blu-ray Discs™ into 3D with natural depth perception. So you can watch your prized DVD movie collection in 3D with real-life depth, for even greater viewing enjoyment.
- 23 - Energy Star® Qualified
- Reduced power consumption makes these products Energy Star® Qualified.