Olympus LS-100 Digital Voice Recorder
Get Olympus LS-100 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Olympus
Authorized Internet etailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
Olympus, the world's number one manufacturer of portable digital voice recorders and professional dictation devices, has created an ideal tool for musicians and audio enthusiasts with the LS-100 linear PCM audio recording device. The latest edition to the popular LS series features two internal 90-degree directional stereo condenser microphones that capture lower-bass frequencies and louder sound with less clipping, two quarter-inch XLR / standard phone combination inputs and multi-tracking with two-channel simultaneous recording and eight-channel playback. Packed in an attractive, well-built portable device, the Olympus LS-100 combines these new features with uncompressed 24 bit/96 kHz Linear PCM digital recording to offer users incredible audio quality in a multi-track recorder.
Olympus builds on its reputation for incredible audio engineering with the LS-100 pocket linear PCM audio recording device. The LS-100 offers additional cutting-edge innovative features like a pre-record buffer that captures seconds of audio before the record button is pressed, a switchable low-cut filter that eliminates unwanted low-frequency noise and voice guidance for users with assistive needs. Files are saved to the internal 4GB memory or on SD, SDHC or SDXC (up to 64GB) cards. The LS-100 operates on one rechargeable lithium-ion battery -- ideal for lengthy recording sessions. The Olympus LS-100 features two quarter-inch XLR / standard phone combo jacks, which support phantom power at 48/24 volts to power a variety of high-quality external microphones.
Olympus LS-100 Key Features
- Included Accessories
- LI-50B Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery 925mAh
- A-514 AC Adapter for USB
- CS-141 Carrying Case
- Hand Strap
- KP-22 USB Cable
- USB Conversion Connector
- Warranty Card
- Instruction Manual
- Uncompressed 24 bit/96 kHz Linear PCM Recording Capability
- The LS-100 features uncompressed 24 bit/96kHz Linear PCM recording capability, to capture the rich sound quality of music performances. The LS-100 can record with its internal microphone or by plugging in an external microphone. Record band rehearsals in studio quality, sample natural sound straight off the street, or capture your friends' improvised outburst of their favourite song. Whether you're a musician hit by a sudden wave of inspiration, or a reporter caught in the midst of a breaking story, the LS-100 Linear PCM Recorder is the ideal tool for high-quality audio capture on the go. The LS-100's value extends beyond the realm of music. Students will find it useful for recording lectures and journalists for recording high-quality interviews for broadcasts and podcasts.
- Multi-Track Recording And Editing
- Multi-tracking and editing is a staple of professional recording, and is a technique where multiple separately-recorded sounds are mixed together to create a single stream of sound. The LS-100 is the first Olympus recorder with multi-tracking capabilities. Whether you want to record in just one take, or you prefer the versatility multi-track recording offers, the LS-100 provides the power and flexibility to meet all demands. Up to eight tracks are at users' disposal. On the LS-100, up to 999 tracks can be recorded in the fixed 44.1 kHz/16 bit format for CD writing, and up to eight tracks can be edited simultaneously. Each can be separately volume adjusted and panned, then mixed down to create the complete composition.
- WAV and MP3 Recording and Playback
- The LS-100 has the versatility to record and play back in the WAV, MP3 and WMA formats.
- Record Up to 114 Hours on 4 GB of Built-in Flash Memory
- Thanks to 4 GB internal memory, the LS-100 can record up to 114 hours of audio to its internal memory in the 64 kbps mono MP3 recording mode. Even in ultra high-quality 96 kHz 24-bit Linear PCM stereo mode the LS-100 can record for up to 1 hour 35 minutes.
- SD, SDHC or SDXC Removable Media Card Slot
- In addition to its 4 gigabytes of internal memory. the LS-100 audio device also featurse a removable SD / SDHC / SDXC media card slot to further expand capacity by up to 64 gigabytes. During a busy day of recording, changing optional memory cards is an easy way for users to capture more audio without taking the time to download files to a computer.
- Ultra High-Quality Sound With Built-in High-Sensitivity 90-Degree Directional Two-Microphone System
- The hallmark of the Olympus LS series has always been superior sound quality, and the LS-100 takes that reputation to a new level. Two internal 90-degree directional stereo condenser microphones with a frequency response of 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz allow the user to capture all audible lower-bass frequencies. Engineered to capture sound at a wide range of decibel levels, the Olympus LS-100 is an ideal recorder for an incredibly loud environment. Its microphones support sound pressure levels down to 140 decibels, more than enough to capture extreme sound from a rock band without experiencing clipping issues.
- High-Quality Amplifier Circuitry
- With the new high-quality microphones comes new high-quality amplifier circuitry. The audio and system circuitry are separated on the Olympus LS-100 to minimize sound degradation and keep the signal true.
- Switchable Low Cut Filter Blocks Out Unwanted Sound
- The LS-100 features a switchable low-cut filter that enables users to eliminate low-frequency sound from 100Hz and 300Hz. Unwanted background noises, like the rumble of a distant car or the strains of an air conditioning unit, can be greatly minimized.
- Two-Second Pre-Record Buffer
- One of the great features on the LS-100 is its pre-record buffer. It allows the LS-100 to capture two seconds of audio before the record button is depressed. It helps ensure users won't miss the opening notes of a song, the first words of an interview or a call in the wild.
- Independent Recording Levels For Microphones And XLR Inputs
- Both the microphones and XLR inputs feature independent recording levels. This allows the user to reach the right balance or blend on the fly. A balanced line provides a noise-free signal.
- Voice Guidance
- The LS-100 features a voice confirmation function that can be turned on or off. When turned on, the function enables the device to speak, helping users to navigate the folders and various set-up options. The pleasant automated voice guides users through the onscreen menus for setting date, time and other menu selecting modes. It also confirms by stating the folder name as the user moves from one folder to another. This enables visually challenged users to easily capture recordings and move through the device's menus, folders and set-up options.
- Two Quarter-inch XLR / Standard Phone Combo Jacks Support 48 / 24 Volt Phantom Power
- The Olympus LS-100 features two quarter-inch XLR / standard phone combo jacks, which support phantom power at 48/24 volts to power a variety of high-quality external microphones. These inputs can hook into any line-output device, including guitars, soundboards and keyboards.
- Tuner, Metronome And Lissajous Measurement
- Other essential tools easily accessible on the LS-100 include a tuner, metronome and Lissajous measurement. The metronome feature allows users to keep perfect time, and the tuner function ensures accurate tuning for each musical instrument selected. Users can also invoke the Lissajous function, which detects and displays the phase difference between the left and right external microphones from the sound source on the 2.0-inch backlight LCD - ideal for broadcasting studios. When burning a CD, the Olympus LS-100 can be connected directly to a CD drive for fast and easy mastering.
- Overdubbing And Playback Synchro Recording
- Overdubs are also in the repertoire of the Olympus LS-100, allowing sound recording to take place over the original sound while simultaneously monitoring it. Meanwhile, the Playback Synchro Recording feature enables recording of an additional track while listening to another.
- Long-Lasting Power with Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery
- The LS-100 operates for up to 12.5 hours with its included rechargeable Lithium Ion battery.
- Battery Recharge via USB PC Link Function
- Tired of filling landfills with costly disposable batteries? The LS-100 uses an included rechargeable Lithium Ion battery that can be recharged by plugging the LS-100 into the USB port on any computer for added convenience or by using the included AC adapter.
- Index Marks
- The LS-100 allows users to add index marks to files during recording and playback so they can easily return to key places in a recording. Record a concerto and add an index mark between each new stanza of the classical piece.
- Voice Sync
- Uers can set the Olympus LS-100 to automatically commence recording to file once sound hits a certain level.
- Repeat Modes
- Various repeat modes, including A-B Repeat, allow users to listen to precise track sequences at will.
- File Editing and File Management in PCM Recording Mode
- The LS-100 also features file editing in PCM mode to divide files and make partial cuts right inside the device. It is also possible to move and copy files between the internal memory and the SD card, which makes it easier to switch to a different SD card on the go.
- Robust And Compact Metal Body
- At just 3.25 inches in height and weighing 10 ounces, the robust LS-100 fits into any pocket.
- Large 2-inch LCD Screen
- The LS-100 recorder features a large, backlit, easy-to-read LCD screen that reveals file information, recording time and events clearly.
- Built-in Speaker For Instant Playback Of Recordings
- The LS-100 can play back the high-quality audio it records and play it back on its built-in speaker with vibrancy and clarity. Theis speaker allows more than one person to listen to a new recording simultaneously to help collaborating musicians evaluate recording progress on the fly.
- External Earphone Jack
- External Microphone Jack
- Wireless Control Option
- The optional wireless remote controller allows users to start and stop the recording of the LS-100 from a distance. This is ideal for live performances when the LS-100 can be placed near the stage and activated from several rows back.
Olympus LS-100 Specifications
- Recording Format
- Linear PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) WAV
MP3 (MPEG-1/MPEG-2 Audio Layer 3
- Recording Media
- Built-in 4 GB NAND flash memory
Optional SD / SDHC / SDXC Card Max. 64GB
- Recording Times, Approximate, 4 GB Built-in Memory
- PCM 96 kHz 24-bit stereo: 1 hour, 35 minutes
PCM 96 kHz 16-bit stereo: 2 hours, 15 minutes
PCM 88.2 kHz 24-bit stereo: 1 hour, 45 minutes
PCM 88.2 kHz 16-bit stereo: 2 hours, 30 minutes
PCM 48 kHz 24-bit stereo: 3 hours, 00 minutes
PCM 48 kHz 16-bit stereo: 4 hours, 45 minutes
PCM 44.1 kHz 24-bit stereo: 3 hours, 15 minutes
PCM 44.1 kHz 16-bit stereo: 5 hours, 00 minutes
PCM 44.1 kHz 16-bit mono: 10 hours, 00 minutes
MP3 44.1 kHz 320 kbps stereo: 22 hours, 30 minutes
MP3 44.1 kHz 256 kbps stereo: 28 hours, 30 minutes
MP3 44.1 kHz 128 kbps stereo: 57 hours, 00 minutes
MP3 44.1 kHz 64 kbps mono: 114 hours, 00 minutes
- Sampling Frequencies
- PCM: 44.1 - 96 kHz
MP3: 44.1 kHz
- Overall Frequency Response
- PCM 96 kHz: 20 - 44,000 Hz
PCM 88.2 kHz: 20 - 40,000 Hz
PCM 48 kHz: 20 - 23,000 Hz
PCM 44.1 kHz stereo or mono: 20 - 21,000 Hz
MP3 44.1 kHz 320 kbps stereo: 50 - 20,000 Hz
MP3 44.1 kHz 256 kbps stereo: 50 - 20,000 Hz
MP3 44.1 kHz 128 kbps stereo: 50 - 17,000 Hz
MP3 44.1 kHz 64 kbps mono: 50 - 8,000 Hz
- Frequency Characteristics (Internal Microphone)
- 20 - 20,000 Hz
- PC Interface
- USB 2.0 full speed
- 2.0 inch diagonal
- Folders / Messages
- 5 folders / 200 messages per folder for Voice
- Practical Maximum Output
- speaker: 430 mW (8Ω)
headphone; 10mW + 10W (at load of 16Ω)
- Built-in 23mm diameter round dynamic speaker, 8 ohms
- Microphone Jack
- 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack, impedance 10kΩ
- LINE IN Jack (MIC Jack)
- 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack, impedance 12.5kΩ
- Earphone Jack
- 3.5 mm mini-jack, impedance 8Ω or more
- XLR / Phone Jack
- Impedance 10kΩ
Phantom power supply: 48V / 24V
- Lowcut filter
- Yes (100Hz / 300Hz)
- Power Supply
- Li-50B Lithium-ion rechargeable battery x1, USB or USB-connecting AC adapter A514 (included)
- Battery Life
- Approx. 12 hours 30 minutes recording using included Li-50B Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- OS Supported
- Microsoft Windows XP/VISTA/7
Mac OS 10.4.11 - 10.7 (Standard Installation)
- Dimensions (H x W x D), excluding protrusions
- 3.25 x 2.75 x 1.3 inches (159 x 70 x 33.5 mm)
- 9.8 oz. (280 g)