Olympus DS-2500 Digital Voice Recorder
Get Olympus DS-2500 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Olympus
Authorized Internet etailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
The Olympus DS-2500 digital voice recorder packs many popular features of Olympus' professional dictation systems into an accessible, easy-to-use recorder. It's the ideal solution for any office that relies on accurate, small-scale dictation and transcription, as well as individuals who need professional-level recording capabilities at the push of a button. The DS-2500 was created with every level of user in mind. It's simple enough for the student who wants to record crisp, clear audio notes, and capable enough for the legal or medical professional who needs a device to serve as the backbone of their small office's dictation process. With its unique combination of professional-level features and ease-of-use, the Olympus DS-2500 is the most versatile digital voice recorder on the market.
The DS-2500 features the Digital Speech Standard Pro, with QP mode for improved sound quality. This mode records at a sampling rate of 16kHz with a compression rate of 28.0kbps and up to 32 index marks per file. In playback, the Smooth Cue/Review function makes it easier to hear words. The DS-2500 features an SD/SDHC removable media card slot to capture more audio without taking the time to download files to a computer, and ships with a two-gigabyte card for a large recording capacity right out of the box. With the ability to take high capacity SD/SDHC cards up to 32 gigabytes, the DS-2500 can record for hours on end.
The DS-2500 features a compact, professional-quality microphone, with variable recording modes to capture superior audio files in any conditions. It offers intuitive push-button control and includes user-friendly DSS Player Standard software to facilitate the archiving, editing and further processing of recordings. USB 2.0 High-Speed delivers fast downloads and uploads of files to and from the DS-2500. Select from "dictation" or "conference" and two recording modes for superior sound or extended use. The large back-lit LCD makes it easy to view file location, recording time and more. And speaking of files, the five folders offer optimal organization that's a snap to create and access. When you're finished talking, download your recordings to your PC.
Olympus DS-2500 Key Features
- Included Accessories
- 2 GB SD Card
- 2 x AAA Rechargeable Ni-MH Batteries
- USB Cable
- Carrying Case
- DSS Player Pro Standard dictation software (CD-ROM)
- Instruction manual
- Olympus warranty card
- Records in Digital Speech Standard Pro Format With Two Quality Modes
- The DS-2500 features the DSS-Pro Digital Speech Standard. The Digital Speech Standard DSS Pro format (.DS2) was specially developed for professional speech recording. DSS-Pro features QP mode for improved sound quality. This mode records at a sampling rate of 16kHz with a compression rate of 28.0kbps and up to 32 index marks per file, enabling transcriptionists to locate relevant parts of the dictation. SP mode records at a sampling rate of 12kHz with a compression rate of 13.7kbps for extended recording. Editing options including insert, append, overwrite and partially erase provide control and flexibility. Once the recorder is connected to a computer via a built-in USB port, the included DSS Player Pro Standard software allows users to easily access, save, index, share and enhance their recordings. The DS2 file format provides excellent playback through a computer, standard 3.5mm headphone jack or the integrated speaker.
- Up To 303 Hours Recording Time With included 2 GB SD Card (Expandable To 32 GB)
- The DS-2500 features an SD/SDHC removable media card slot to capture more audio without taking the time to download files to a computer, and ships with a two-gigabyte card for a large recording capacity right out of the box. With the ability to take high capacity SD/SDHC cards up to 32 gigabytes, the DS-2500 can record for hours on end: 148 hours in high-quality QP mode, up to 303 hours in SP mode.
- Easy Editing
- The DS-2500 allows for easy editing of existing recordings by appending, overwriting, inserting, and erasing or partial-erase of recording.
- Battery Recharge via USB PC Link Function
- Tired of filling landfills with costly disposable batteries? The DS-2500's included NiMH batteries can be recharged by plugging the DS-2500 into the USB port on any computer for added convenience.
- Compact, Professional-Quality Microphone
- The Olympus DS-2500 digital voice recorder's 6mm microphone offers professional-quality recording capabilities.
- Conference and Dictation Microphone Sensitivity Settings
- Switch between Conference and Dictation settings based on the volume of the persons speaking and the background noise for optimal recording quality.
- Push Button Control With Central Navigation Pod and Three Programmable Smart Buttons
- The DS-2500 features an intuitive push-button control with a central navigation pod. Fourteen easy-to-operate push buttons distributed along the front and sides of the recorder, including three user-programmable Smart Buttons, make operation both intuitive and hassle-free. The most commonly used controls are cleverly placed on the side to enable intuitive one-handed operation, with the remaining buttons positioned at the front within easy reach of the thumb for comfortable, ergonomic handling.
- Variable Control Voice Actuator (VCVA)
- You won't miss a thing when you use this voice-activated feature that records audio as soon as it senses sound. It conserves memory and battery life, too.
- USB 2.0 High-Speed Interface
- USB 2.0 High-Speed delivers fast downloads and uploads of files to and from the DS-2500. The USB interface is compatible with USB Mass Storage and Audio classes to extend user options.
- Large Backlit LCD Display
- The ample, full-dot, back-lit LCD is easy to read -- so you can monitor file information, recording time and more -- even in bright light.
- Included DSS Player Software
- The included DSS Player software provides users with a simple way to download, organise and play back recordings on both PCs and Macs. It also incorporates various security features to safeguard data, ensuring that the information you want protected remains confidential.
- Five File Folders
- The DS-2500 recorder can categorically classify and store recording in any of the 5 different folders that can be programmed on the recorder. Each of five storage folders are yours to customize by subject, date or however you decide. Each folder can store up to 200 messages.
- Simple File Management
- The Olympus DS-2500 digital voice recorder makes managing your audio files easier than ever. Five internal folders and up to 32 index point per recording makes it simple to find what you need directly from the device. Once the DS-2500 is connected to a computer via a built-in USB port, the included DSS Player Pro Standard software allows users to easily access, save, index, share and enhance their recordings. Use the easily accessible Erase button to quickly erase single files or entire folders.
- Author ID Setting
- Convenient New Button
- Finish one dictation and begin the next with one push of the new button.
- Index Marking
- Particularly relevant moments in an interview, briefing or lecture may be flagged -- either during or after recording -- using the index marks for quick retrieval. Up to 32 index marks can be created in each file.
- USB Mass Storage Class Support
- USB mass storage class support means the DS-2500 can store documents, images and more in addition to audio. The DS-2500 is an innovative solution for those regularly on the move and who value the ease and versatility of having a single device capable of recording their voice files as well as transporting all other types of digital data. Imagine the convenience: to be able to transport that image-laden PowerPoint presentation for showing in a client's boardroom, record negotiations as they are discussed during the meeting and finally, when the deal is about to be clinched, upload the contract draft that was prepared in Word earlier. All this is now possible with just a single device that is both compact and stylish.
- USB Audio Class Compatible
- The DS-2500 is USB Audio Class Compatible, so it can be used as a USB microphone or USB speaker when connected to a PC without the need for installing a specialty driver.
- Efficient Power Consumption
- The two included AAA NiMH batteries provide up to 37 hours of continuous recording operation (SP mode). Two AAA Alkaline batteries can power recording for up to 50 hours in SP mode.
- Light and Compact
- Weighs just 3.7 ounces (including the batteries).
Olympus DS-2500 Specifications
- Recording Format
- DS2 (Digital Speech Standard Pro)
- Recording Media
- SD/SDHC Card: 512MB - 32GB, 2GB SD Card Included
- Recording Time With Included 2GB SD Card
- QP mode: 148 hours
SP mode: 303 hours
- PC Interface
- Folders / Messages
- 5 Folders / 200 Messages per Folder
- Sampling Frequency / Bitrate
- QP mode: 16khz - 28kbps
SP mode: 12kHz - 13.7kbps
- Overall Frequency Response
- QP mode: 200 to 7,000 Hz
SP mode: 200 to 5,000 Hz
- Voice Activation
- Demographic Data Input
- Author ID
- Practical Maximum Output
- 250 mW
- Write Protection
- Built-in 23mm round dynamic speaker
- Microphone Jack
- 3.5 mm mini-jack, impedance 2 kOhm
- Earphone Jack
- 3.5 mm mini-jack, impedance 8 Ohm
- Power Supply
- Rated Voltage: 3V DC
Batteries: Two (2) AAA batteries (optional) or two (2) Ni-MH rechargeable batteries (included)
External Power Supply: No
- Battery Life
- Alkaline - Recording: Approx. 50 hours, SP
NiMH (included) - Recording: Approx. 37 hours, SP
- Dimensions H x W x D
- 4.47" x 1.97" x 0.67" (113.5 x 50 x 17 mm)
- 3.7 oz. (105g) (including batteries)
- OS Supported
- Microsoft Windows Windows 7 Ultimate / Enterprise / Professional / Home Premium SP1 (both x86/64); Windows Vista Ultimate / Enterprise / Business / Home; Windows XP Professional, Home Edition SP3 x86, Windows XP Professional / Home Edition SP2 64
Macintosh: Mac OS 10.4.11 - 10.7
- Windows XP / Vista / 7: 1 GHz or higher
MAC: PowerPC G3 500 MHz or more, or Intel Core Solo/Duo 1.5 GHz or more
- Windows XP: 256 MB or more
Windows Vista: 1 GB or more
Windows 7: 1 GB or more (32 bit) / 2 GB or more (64 bit)
MAC: 256 MB (512MB or more is recommended)
- Video Card and Display
- Windows: 800 x 600 pixels or more, 65,536 colors or more (16,770,000 colors or more is recommended)
Mac: 1024 x 768 pixels or more, 32,000 colors or more
- USB Port
- one or more free ports
- Removable Drive
- CD or DVD drive