Olympus DM-620 Digital Voice Recorder and Music Recorder/Player
Get Olympus DM-620 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Olympus
Authorized Internet etailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
The Olympus DM-620 PCM audio recording device features a three-microphone TRESMIC system designed to capture low frequency sound for premium recordings. The DM-620 also offers cutting-edge technology options like voice guidance for users with assistive needs as well as auto-leveling, scene select, noise cancelation, zoom microphone and low-cut filter for capturing ideal recordings regardless of the environment. All of these features and more are packed into a compact, lightweight, sleek metal body with uncompressed 16 bit/48 kHz Linear PCM recording format enabling you to capture it all.
The DM-620's TRESMIC system employs two condenser stereo mics and a center, omni-directional mic capable of capturing lower bass ranges down to 20Hz. Sensitive microphones are of utmost importance to capture the nuances of every note, word or sound regardless of frequency. Combined with more than 1,000 hours of consecutive recording capacity, the DM-620 doesn't miss a beat.
Olympus DM-620 Key Features
- DM-620 Included Accessories:
- Two AAA Ni-MH Rechargeable Batteries
- Carrying Case
- USB Cable
- Olympus Sonority (sound editing software) CD
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Card
- 4 GB of Built-in Flash Memory for Up To 1007 Hours of LP Mode Recording
- Thanks to 4 GB internal memory, the DM-620 can record up to 1007 hours of audio to its internal memory in the 8 kbps mono WMA recording mode. Even in ultra high-quality 48 kHz Linear PCM stereo mode the DM-620 can record for up to 5 hours 25 minutes.
- Uncompressed 16 bit/48 kHz Linear PCM Recording Capability
- The DM-620 features uncompressed 16-bit/48kHz Linear PCM recording capability, to capture the rich sound quality of music performances. The DM-620's value extends beyond the realm of music. Students will find it useful for recording lectures and journalists for recording high-quality interviews for broadcasts and podcasts.
- Long-Lasting Power with Rechargeable AAA Ni-MH Batteries
- The DM-620 operates for more than 30 hours with its included two rechargeable AAA Ni-MH batteries that can be charged by connecting the DM-620 to a computer via USB or by using the optional AC adapter.
- Battery Recharge via USB PC Link Function
- Tired of filling landfills with costly disposable batteries? The DM-620 uses two included rechargeable AAA batteries that can be recharged by plugging the DM-620 into the USB port on any computer for added convenience. In situations where a charge is not available, it is also possible to power this audio device using easily-obtainable AAA alkaline batteries.
- microSD Removable Media Card Slot
- In addition to its 4 gigabytes of internal memory. the DM-620 audio device also featurse a removable microSD media card slot to further expand capacity by up to 32 gigabytes. During a busy day of recording, changing optional microSD cards is an easy way for users to capture more audio without taking the time to download files to a computer.
- Ultra High-Quality Sound With Built-in TRESMIC High-Sensitivity Three-Microphone System
- The DM-620's TRESMIC system employs two condenser stereo mics and an omni-directional center mic capable of capturing lower bass ranges down to 20Hz. Sensitive microphones are of utmost importance to capture the nuances of every note, word or sound regardless of frequency.
- Stereo Microphone System With Zoom Mode and Mic Sensitivity for a Variety of Recordings
- Settings like crowded press conferences, jam-packed courthouses and large lecture halls can produce unwanted background noise that may compromise an audio recording. The DM-620 combats unwanted environmental sound with a litany of menu options like scene select, noise cancellation, zoom microphone and low-cut filter. Thanks to the innovative design of the stereo microphones, quality recordings (voice, music and nature sounds, to name a few) can be easily captured in a variety of situations. Pick the zoom feature to pinpoint a lecturer's voice and block out unwanted crowd noise from the background. Separately, open the microphone wide to capture all the subtle sounds in nature. Either way, you'll enjoy high-quality recordings with well-balanced sound.
Scene Select mode helps optimize recording quality with preset environmental settings that correspond to common surrounding conditions. The Noise Cancellation feature blocks out unnecessary background noises that can sometimes overwhelm a recording. Set to high, medium or low frequency, the zoom microphone function allows users to focus on capturing sound from a particular audio source. In addition, a switchable Low-Cut Filter eliminates low-frequency sound from 100Hz or 300Hz. Background noises like whispers or coughing in a lecture hall can be greatly minimized with these options.
- Move and Copy Files Between The Internal Memory and a microSD Card
- Move and copy files between internal memory and the micro-SD card with ease.
- Voice Guidance
- The DM-620 features a voice confirmation function that can be turned on or off. When turned on, the function enables the device to speak, helping users to navigate the folders and various set-up options. The pleasant automated voice guides users through the onscreen menus for setting date, time and other menu selecting modes. It also confirms by stating the folder name as the user moves from one folder to another. This enables visually challenged users to easily capture recordings and move through the device's menus, folders and set-up options.
- Super High-Quality MP3 and WMA Audio Recording
- The DM-620 can record and play super high-quality MP3 and WMA stereo audio content of 44.1 kilohertz (kHz), which is equal to the sound quality of most compact discs.
- WAV, MP3 and WMA Playback
- Users of the DM-620 can download and play back PCM, MP3 and WMA (Windows Media Audio) files. This provides users with extreme flexibility, enabling them to use one device for recording meetings and lectures for work or school, while also enjoying music afterwards for fun.
- Included Olympus Sonority Sound Editing Software Compatible with PC or Mac
- Enjoy your sound with the included easy-to-use Olympus Sonority Software, which facilitates wave data management. You can erase noise, adjust sound effects and divide files, to name a few options. The software allows for uploading, organizing, and emailing of audio files and direct downloading of podcasts. The software also expands your sphere of activities thanks to its compatibility with any PC or Mac.
- Fast USB 2.0 Connection
- USB 2.0 high-speed delivers fast downloads and uploads of files to and from the DM-620 and DM-620 using the included USB cable. No need to download any software since you can record in WMA or MP3 formats on the DM-620 and WMA, MP3 and WAV formats on the DM-620. This feature enables users to connect with speed and ease, and once downloaded, files can be archived or emailed to friends and family.
- Five File Folders Plus Music And Podcast Folders
- The DM-620 has five file folders for audio that each hold up to 200 files. You can also create up to 200 folders within the Music folder and up to 200 folders within the Podcast folder. Each of these can also hold up to 200 files.
- Ten Recording Modes
- The DM-620 provides ten recording modes (two PCM WAV, four MP3 and four WMA) for customized use.
- Download Podcasts Automatically
- USB Mass Storage Class Support
- USB mass storage class support means the DM-620 can store documents, images and more in addition to audio. The DM-620 is an innovative solution for those regularly on the move and who value the ease and versatility of having a single device capable of recording their voice files as well as transporting all other types of digital data. Imagine the convenience: to be able to transport that image-laden PowerPoint presentation for showing in a client's boardroom, record negotiations as they are discussed during the meeting and finally, when the deal is about to be clinched, upload the contract draft that was prepared in Word earlier. All this is now possible with just a single device that is both ultra-compact and stylish.
- Large, Backlit Full-Dot LCD
- The DM-620 recorder features a large, backlit, easy-to-read LCD screen that reveals file information, recording time and events.
- Voice Activation
- Voice Activation records sound as soon as it's picked up by the built-in microphone for hands-free recording.
- External Microphone Jack
- External Earphone Jack
Olympus DM-620 Specifications
- Recording Formats
- Linear PCM (WAV)
MP3 (MPEG Audio Layer 3)
WMA (Windows Media Audio)
- Recording Media
- 4GB integrated flash memory
micro SD card slot
- Recording Times, Approximate, 4 GB Built-in Memory
- PCM 48 kHz 16-bit: 5 hours, 25 minutes
PCM 44.1 kHz 16-bit: 5 hours, 55 minutes
MP3 44.1 kHz 320 kbps stereo: 26 hours, 00 minutes
MP3 44.1 kHz 256 kbps stereo: 32 hours, 30 minutes
MP3 44.1 kHz 128 kbps stereo: 65 hours, 30 minutes
MP3 44.1 kHz 64 kbps mono: 131 hours, 00 minutes
WMA STXQ 44.1 kHz 128 kbps stereo: 64 hours, 00 minutes
WMA STHQ 44.1 kHz 64 kbps stereo: 128 hours, 00 minutes
WMA STSP 22 kHz 32 kbps stereo: 257 hours, 00 minutes
WMA LP 8 kHz 8 kbps mono: 1007 hours, 00 minutes
- Sampling Frequencies
- PCM: 44.1 - 48 kHz
MP3: 44.1 kHz
WMA: 8 - 44.1 kHz
- Overall Frequency Response
- PCM 48 kHz 16-bit: 40 - 23,000 Hz
PCM 44.1 kHz 16-bit: 40 - 21,000 Hz
MP3 44.1 kHz 320 kbps stereo: 40 - 20,000 Hz
MP3 44.1 kHz 256 kbps stereo: 40 - 20,000 Hz
MP3 44.1 kHz 128 kbps stereo: 40 - 17,000 Hz
MP3 44.1 kHz 64 kbps mono: 40 - 13,000 Hz
WMA STXQ 44.1 kHz 128 kbps stereo: 40 - 19,000 Hz
WMA STHQ 44.1 kHz 64 kbps stereo: 40 - 16,000 Hz
WMA STSP 22 kHz 32 kbps stereo: 40 - 9,000 Hz
WMA LP 8 kHz 8 kbps mono: 40 - 3,000 Hz
- Input Level
- -70 dBv
- PC Interface
- USB 2.0 full speed
- Folders / Messages
- Voice: 5 folders / Up to 200 files per folder
Music: Up to 200 folders / Up to 200 files per folder
Podcast: Up to 200 folders / Up to 200 files per folder
- LP Mode
- Voice Activation
- Available, Switchable On/Off
- Demographic Data Input
- Practical Maximum Output
- 400 mW (8Ω speaker)
≤ 150 mV headphone
- Maximum Headphone Output
- ≤ 150 mV (EN 50332-2)
- Built-in 20mm diameter round dynamic speaker
- Microphone Jack
- 3.5 mm mini jack / Impedance, 2.2 kΩ
- Earphone Jack
- 3.5 mm mini jack / Impedance, 8Ω or more
- Power Supply
- Two AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries, two AAA batteries, USB or USB-connecting AC adapter
- Battery Life
- Approx. 33 hours 8 kbps WMA recording, 37 hours earphone playback using included NiMH rechargeable batteries
- PC Requirements
- OS Supported: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7
Mac OS X 10.4.1 - 10.6
- Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 4.36" x 1.57" x 0.61" (110.8 x 39.8 x 15.4 mm), excluding protrusions
- 3.03 oz. (86g) including batteries