Olympus VR-370 Digital Camera
Also available in Black and Silver.
Get Red Olympus VR-370 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized Internet etailer for Olympus
and Many Other Fine Brands!
Olympus V Series cameras prove you can have an affordable, great-looking camera with advanced digital technology all packed into an exquisitely attractive slim metal casing. Whether you're out for a night on the town, a birthday dinner with friends or a weekend stroll, the Olympus VR-370's 12.5x super wide optical zoom lens (24 - 300 mm equivalent in 35mm photography) is ready to capture and share superb close-ups and group shots of life's most important moments, like births or weddings. The Olympus VR-370 includes all the technology you'd expect from more expensive compact cameras, including a standout 16-megapixel sensor, AF Illuminator and higher ISO for shooting in low light, designed to enhance your shots.
Add style and artistic flair to your photos with ten Magic Art Filters that work with videos and still photos alike. The Beauty Make-up mode enhances the look of faces in your shots. Laid out like a cosmetic toolbox, it lets you apply everything from eyeliner and eye shadow to rouge for skin blemishes. You can even lift cheekbones and morph your subjects to give them a cover-model look. A simple, one-touch button allows you to record video clips with amazing clarity in high-definition, right from your camera. With sophisticated AF tracking, you can have confidence in capturing fast moving subjects like kids and pets. Simply preview and share all of your images on the Olympus VR-370's large 3.0-inch, high-resolution LCD for proof that this camera's beauty is more than skin deep.
Olympus VR-370 Key Features
- Olympus VR-370 Digital Camera Supplied Accessories:
- LI-50B Lithium-Ion Battery
- F-2AC In-Camera Battery Charger
- USB Cable
- Wrist Strap
- Instruction Manual and OLYMPUS [ib] software CD
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Designed-to-be-Digital Optics - 12.5x Optical Zoom Wide-Angle Lens, 50x Total Seamless Zoom
- The Olympus VR-370 is a pocket-sized, portable camera with an impressive 12.5x wide-angle optical zoom lens (24 - 300 mm equivalent in 35mm photography) captures expansive vistas, large groups of family and friends, and also zooms in on distant objects to make them appear as though they are right in front of you. The 12.5x zoom lets you get incredibly close to your subject while the 24mm ultra wide-angle lens lets you zoom out for panoramas, group shots and portrait pictures.
- Dual Image Stabilization
- The VR-370 features an advanced combination of mechanical CCD-shift Image Stabilization and Digital Image Stabilization. CCD-shift Image Stabilization uses built-in electro-gyro sensors to record camera movement and adjust the CCD image sensor. This ensures that light remains centered on the image sensor to maintain image clarity despite a slight movement on the part of the photographer. Digital Image Stabilization Mode boosts ISO sensitivity and shutter speed so that images remain crisp and clear -- free from the blur caused by moving subjects. The combination of the two Image Stabilization Technologies ensures the best image clarity in virtually any shooting environment. Dual Image Stabilization technology enables users to take crisp, clear pictures in virtually any shooting situation -- adjusting for camera shake and a moving subject.
- 720p HD Movie
- The Olympus VR-370 shoots gorgeous 720p HD video, so you'll always capture the moments you cherish in clear, crisp high-definition at the touch of a button. Gone are the days of friends and family huddling around your camera's tiny LCD to see the pictures and movies you just captured. Now, you'll be the hit of the party or any family event when you proudly display your brilliant images and movies on high-definition televisions.
- 16 Megapixel CCD (Effective)
- The 16.0-megapixel CCD image sensor delivers superior image quality capturing the most subtle details that are consistently sharp and vivid, even in large-format prints or when the image is cropped.
- 3-inch High-Resolution 460,0000-Pixel LCD
- Composing your shot has never been easier. With a large 3.0-inch LCD display, finding that perfect shot is a breeze. See what you've been missing with smaller displays! This large, crisp LCD is the perfect creative companion for reviewing your work on the fly and boasting your creativity to others.
- AF Tracking
- AF Tracking technology locks your subject in focus, and continuously adjusts focus and brightness whether you or your subject are moving. This mode can remember the subject if it moves out of the frame. This enables you to keep fast-moving and unpredictable subjects like small children in focus for the perfect shot. There's even a specially designed AF Tracking Pet Mode for animal lovers.
- Intelligent Auto Mode
- Taking a moonlit stroll on the beach? With the Intelligent Auto Mode in Olympus cameras your camera knows and it automatically identifies what you are shooting (i.e., Portrait, Night + Portrait, Landscape and Sports) and adjusts the camera's settings to capture the best quality results. First-time users can jump into this quick and hassle-free feature that does the thinking for them and produces incredible images.
- Advanced Face Detection Auto Focus and Auto Exposure
- Face Detection Technology tracks up to 8 faces within the frame and automatically focuses (Face Detection AF) and optimizes exposure (Face Detection AE) for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures. Even if your subjects are moving, the camera continuously tracks your subjects' faces without having to press the shutter button.
- 29 Selectable Shooting Modes Including 14 Scene Preset Modes and 10 Creative Art Filters
- With 29 shooting modes including Intelligent Auto and pre-programmed scene modes, such as Beach & Snow, Night, Sunset, and Fireworks, the VR-370 makes it easy to capture beautiful images in a variety of lighting and shooting situations. Get the best result in any situation with advanced options -- landscape, portrait, indoor, sunset and more.
- i-Auto: Automatically indentifies what you are shooting and adjusts settings to capture the best quality results depending on the situation.
- Program Auto: Automatic shooting settings are activated while also allowing changes to a wide range of other shooting menu functions, such as exposure compensation, white balance, etc. as needed.
- Panorama: Three frames are taken and combined by the camera.
- Beauty & Make-up: Enables you to soften shadows and smooth wrinkles or blemishes on your subject's face.
- Movie: Shoot gorgeous 1080p full HD videos st 30 fps. Also shoot in 720p and VCA resolutions.
- 14 Scene Modes: See below.
- 10 Magic Filters: See below.
- 14 Scene Preset Modes
- With 14 pre-programmed scene modes, such as Beach & Snow, Night Scene, Sunset and Sport, the VR-370 makes it easy to capture beautiful images in a variety of lighting and shooting situations. Get the best result in any situation with advanced options -- landscape, portrait, indoor, sunset and more.
- Night Scene
- Night & Portrait
- Beach & Snow
- 10 In-Camera Magic Art Filters
- In-camera Creative Filters recently debuted on Olympus E-System DSLR (digital single lens reflex) cameras. Similar in-camera Magic Art Filters have been developed for compact Olympus cameras such as the VR-370. Magic Art Filters enable the user to enhance and customize images as they're being captured. This translates into more fun and flexibility as customization is no longer limited to using expensive and time-consuming computer software. The Magic Art Filters include:
- Pop Art: Enhance and saturate colors to create vivid, high-impact pictures that express the joyful, lighthearted feeling of the Pop Art style of the 1960s
- Pin Hole: Reduce the peripheral brightness of an image as though it were shot through a pin hole, connecting the viewer intimately with the subject at the center
- Fish-Eye: Emulate the wide-angle of a fish-eye lens by taking extremely wide, hemispherical images and magnifying the center of the frame.
- Drawing: Turn your image into a sketch outline for children to color.
- Soft Focus: Creates a soft tone that gives pictures an ethereal, otherworldly atmosphere. It renders pictures as though they were veiled in heavenly light, without obscuring details such as hair or flower petals.
- Punk: Creates a two-tone image with a classic punk rock feel
- Watercolor: Transforms images into frame-worthy art with a finish like that of watercolor paintings
- Sparkle: Adds a twinkle to your photos
- Reflection: Creates a spectacular horizontal reflection of the real image similar to a mirror image created by still water.
- Miniature: Gives images a miniature model feel by narrowing the depth of field and enhancing color and contrast.
- TruePic III+ Image Processor
- Whether you are globetrotting or attending a sporting event, the Olympus VR-370 offers a 16-megapixel sensor, enabling consumers to achieve consistently sharp and vivid images when producing large-format prints or cropping/enlarging a portion of a photograph. Olympus developed its exclusive TruePic III+ Image Processor for the demanding performance of DSLRs and has migrated the technology to their compact cameras for amazing image quality. Olympus' enhanced TruePic III+ Image Processor produces crystal clear photos using all the pixel information for each photo to deliver exceptional clarity with more accurate colors, true-to-life flesh tones and faster processing speeds. TruePic III+ also captures crisp, clear photos at high ISO settings, which are traditionally associated with increasing noise or producing grainy photos.
- Eye-Fi Card Compatibility
- Ready to upload and share images of your adventures live, as they happen? The VR-370 is compatible with Eye-Fi SD cards (sold separately) adding Wi-Fi capability to the camera, enabling you to automatically upload images to your computer as you take them. Share your pictures of sandcastles right from the beach by uploading your shots immediately.
- Beauty Mode With Makeup Mode
- Beauty mode touches up the appearance of subjects even while the shot is being taken. This feature recognises faces and automatically makes skin on the face and adjacent areas appear smoother, brighter and more youthful. It enables you to soften shadows and smooth wrinkles or blemishes on your subject's face -- all in the camera and as you capture the image. Additionally, subtle edits can be made post-capture using the Beauty Fix mode. Choose Clear Skin to smooth a person's complexion, Dramatic Eye to slightly emphasize the eyes, and Sparkle Eye to brighten and enhance the contrast of the iris and pupils. You can also apply all three edits at once.
Make-up mode enhances the look of faces in your shots. Laid out like a cosmetic toolbox, it lets you apply everything from eyeliner and eye shadow to rouge for skin blemishes. You can even lift cheekbones and morph your subjects to give them a cover-model look.
- Shadow Adjustment Technology
- Shooting outdoors in bright daylight can be tricky because of the extreme contrast between dark shadowed areas and bright sunlit areas. While the human eye is capable of detecting the nuances between dark and light and all the details in between, image sensors traditionally have not been quite as sensitive. The new V-series cameras address this challenge head-on with Shadow Adjustment Technology, which compensates for extreme contrast where the shadow areas are underexposed and lack visible detail. With this technology, users can preview and capture images with the same contrast as the naked eye.
- 34.9 MB Available Built-in Internal Memory
- You can capture images even when no media card is in the camera. The VR-370 comes with 34.9 MB of internal memory.
- SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card Compatible
- The Olympus VR-370 digital compact camera offers SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card capability for up to 64 gigabytes of capacity.
- OLYMPUS [ib] Software
- The VR-370 comes with OLYMPUS [ib] software. The software includes photography workflow, browsing, editing and unique photo organizing functions. You can organize your photos by person with automatic face recognition technology, by location with a Geotagging function or by event. You can easily view photos on an HDTV or on the camera's LCD with the Photo Surfing or Slideshow functions. The name [ib] stands for image bridging, image browsing and image brightening. The software is available for Windows operating systems only.
- Easy Direct Print Capability
- The power of PictBridge technology enables photos to be printed directly from the camera to any PictBridge-enabled printer, such as the Olympus P-11 Digital Photo Printer, without using a computer. And the new one-touch printing button makes printing a single-step process. Printing and sharing images has never been easier!
- Auto-Connect USB 2.0 High Speed
- Transferring images to the computer has never been easier with the Auto-Connect USB 2.0 that does not require software drivers (for most computers/operating systems) for hassle-free and high-speed image downloads.
- Built-in Multi-Mode Flash
- The VR-370 camera has a built-in flash that offers settings to provide a wide range of options.
- Auto Flash fires automatically in low light or back-light, to help ensure the illumination is appropriate.
- Red-Eye Reduction Flash Mode emits a series of pre-flashes right before the shutter snaps, allowing the subject's eyes to adjust to the light level of the flash -- reducing the red-eye effect.
- Fill-In Flash Mode (forced on) adds light to eliminate shadows, for a more natural look in photos when your subject is in both bright light and dark shadow.
- Flash Off Mode is available when flash photography is not permitted or to allow for long exposures for shots like sunsets and night scenes.
Olympus VR-370 Specifications
- CCD Imager:
- 16.0 megapixel effective, 16.5 Megapixels total, 1/2.3-inch (1.1cm) CCD, Primary color filter (RGB)
- 4.2 - 52.5 mm (24 - 300 mm equivalent in 35mm photography), 9 lenses in 8 groups, 4 Aspherical glass elements, 2 ED glass elements
- 12.5x Optical Zoom + 4x Digital Zoom (Seamless to 50x)
- Aperture Range:
- f3.0 - f5.9
- 3.0-inch (7.6cm) LCD, approx. 460,000 pixels, 2 Steps Brightness Adjustment
- Focusing System:
- CCD Contrast detection
- Focusing Ranges (from lens surface):
- Normal Mode: (Wide) 7.9 in. - infinity (20cm - infinity)
(Tele) 2.95 ft. - infinity (0.9m - infinity)
Macro Mode: (Wide) 7.9 in. - infinity (20cm - infinity)
(Tele) 2.95 ft. - infinity (0.9m - infinity)
Super Macro Mode: 0.39 in. (1 cm)
- Focus Modes:
- iESP Auto, Spot AF, Face Detection AF, AF Tracking
- Shutter Speeds:
- 1/2000 sec. - 1/4 sec. (up to 4 sec. in Candle Scene Mode)
- Auto, High ISO Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 equivalent (SOS: Standard Output Sensitivity)
- Metering Modes:
- Digital ESP Metering
- Exposure Compensation:
- ±2 EV steps in 1/3 EV steps
- White Balance System:
- Auto, Pre-set (Overcast, Daylight, Tungsten, and Fluorescent 1), One-touch (1 custom setting can be registered)
- Recording Modes:
- Still image: JPEG
Movie: AVI Motion JPEG
- Adjustable Resolutions:
- 16MP (4,608 x 3,456)
8MP (3,264 x 2,448)
5MP (2,560 x 1,920)
3MP (2,048 x 1,536)
2MP (1,600 x 1,200)
1MP (1,280 x 960)
VGA (640 x 480)
16:9 L (4,608 x 2,592)
16:9 S (1,920 x 1,080)
- Motion Blur Suppression
- Dual Image Stabilization
- Shooting Modes:
- 29 Shooting Modes: Intelligent Auto, Program Auto, Panorama, Beauty & Make-up, 10 Magic Filters (Pop Art, Pinhole, Fisheye, Drawing, Soft Focus, Punk, Sparkle, Watercolor, Reflection, Miniature), 14 Scene Presets (Portrait, Landscape, Night, Night & Portrait, Sport, Indoor, Candle, Sunset, Fireworks, Cuisine, Documents, Pet, Beach & Snow, Self-portrait), Movie
- PC Panorama (Up to 10 frames automatically stitchable with ib software)
- Continuous Shooting
- High speed: 15 frames per second / 40 images (3MP)
1.4 frames per second / 20 images (3MP)
Normal speed: 0.47 frames per second / 200 images (16MP)
- Movie Mode:
- AVI Motion JPEG with Sound
720p 1280 x 720
VGA 640 x 480
- Image Processing:
- TruePic III+
- Noise Reduction:
- Image Playback:
- Still Image: Single, Index Display (5x4)), Event, 1.1x to 10x Enlargement, Slideshow, Rotation, Protection
Movie: Normal, Fast-Forward, Reverse, Frame-by-Frame
- Playback Edit Effects:
- Still Image: Beauty Fix, Resize, Cropping, Red Eye Reduction, Shadow Adjustment
- Built-in Flash
- Built-in Flash Modes:
- Auto (for low light and back lit conditions), Red-Eye Reduction, Fill-in, Off
- Flash Working Range:
- Wide: 0.66 ft (0.2 m) - 15.75 ft (4.8 m) at ISO 800
Tele: 2.95 ft (0.9 m) - 7.9 ft (2.4 m) at ISO 800
- 12 / 2 seconds
- 34.9 MB internal memory
- Removable Media Card:
- SD / SDHC / SDXC Card
- Outer Connectors:
- Multi-Terminal: USB Connector, DC Jack, Audio/Video Output)
- Auto-Connect USB:
- USB 2.0 Full Speed (USB Mass Storage)
- Power Supply:
- LI-50B Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (included); F-2AC USB-to-AC Adapter (included); F-3AC USB-to-AC Adapter (optional)
- Size (W x H x D):
- Approximzately 4.1 x 2.4 x 1.1 inches; (104.3 x 60.2 x 28.3 mm)
- Approximzately 6.1 oz. (172 g) including batteries and media card