Olympus TG-630 iHS Digital Camera
Also available im Black, White and Red.
Get Blue Olympus TG-630 iHS Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized Internet etailer for Olympus
and Many Other Fine Brands!
The Olympus Tough line gets even Tougher with the Olympus Stylus Tough TG-630 iHS. Active photographers who want an action-packed camera to help them capture brilliant stills and full 1080p HD video as mementos of their rugged adventures will gravitate to the Stylus Tough TG-630 iHS. The rugged TG-630 iHS is perfect for a mountain adventure where a waterproof (down to 16 feet), shockproof (from 5-foot drops), freezeproof (down to 14°F) and dustproof body can withstand the elements. As intelligent as it is durable, it captures worry-free images in the most challenging environments with a 12-megapixel Back-Side Illuminated CMOS sensor and TruPic VI image processor.
The iHS (Intelligence, High Sensitivity and High Speed) family of technologies makes it possible to capture excellent images despite the lousy conditions outdoor lovers and extreme sports junkies often have to contend with when they're using their cameras. iHS harnesses the power of a 12-Megapixel backlit CMOS sensor and the TruePic VI image processor (originally developed for D-SLR cameras) to dramatically improve low-light performance, speed up camera response and enhance scene and subject recognition. The TG-630 iHS captures vibrant stills even in tough lighting conditions, while the High-Speed Sequential Shooting provides frame-by-frame replay of all the action. 1080p Full HD Video, Dual Image Stabilization and advanced features like Backlit HDR, Multi-Motion Movie Image Stabilization and Hand-Held Starlight mean that this little guy is packed full of technology to deliver uncompromising image quality regardless of your surroundings.
Enhanced iAuto automatically detects 34 different scenes like portrait, landscape, macro, and even Snow & Beach. Eleven Magic Art filters capture scenes with creative flair, and Beauty Make-up mode adds that extra hint of blush when needed. Users can easily share their images on a big-screen HDTV in high definition using an optional HDMI cable or on their social networks using the Olympus Image Share smartphone application (via optional Toshiba FlashAir™ SDHC card or optional Eye-Fi Card). This camera is packed with ingenious technology that's hard to find elsewhere -- and makes it a joy to capture photos and HD movies, whatever the weather, wherever you are. You can capture Full HD movies and still photos without having to worry about damaging your camera's high-grade components, including the precision 5x wide optical zoom (28mm-140mm equivalent in 35mm photography) and super-legible, scratch-resistant 3-inch 460,000-dot HyperCrystal III LCD.
Olympus TG-630 iHS Key Features
- Olympus TG-630 iHS Digital Camera Supplied Accessories:
- Li-50B Li-ion Rechargeable Battery
- F-2AC In-Camera Battery Charger
- CB-USB8 USB Cable
- Wrist Strap
- Waterproof Insertion
- Instruction Manual
- OLYMPUS [ib] software CD
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Waterproof to 16 Feet
- The Stylus TG-630 iHS performs as well underwater as it does on land because its lightweight, stainless steel and aluminum exterior is matched with interior rubber gaskets and O-rings to seal out the elements. It can be fully submerged to capture beautiful images down to 16 feet (5 meters) underwater, making it ideal for more serious underwater adventurers. The TG-630 iHS can also capture HD movies with audio even under water -- perfect for schools of fish or kids jumping into the water. The camera features a water-repellent lens coating to prevent water droplets from forming on the lens, enabling you to get crystal-clear shots no matter how wet the shooting environment.
The inclusion of a preset Underwater Snapshot scene mode makes the Stylus TG-630 iHS perfect for taking photos while scuba diving, snorkeling or simply having worry-free fun in the pool.
- Shock Proof from 5 Feet
- Accidents happen -- but don't worry. The Stylus TG-630 iHS is designed to withstand a 5-foot drop, bump or other mishap. Built with durable materials and shock-absorption technology that minimizes the impact delivered to the lens and circuitry when dropped, the Stylus TG-630 iHS offers superior durability in a point-and-shoot digital camera.
- Freezeproof to 14 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Harsh winter weather doesn't stop outdoor enthusiasts, athletes and sports fans. Don't let it stop you from capturing memorable moments. Perfect for skiing, snowboarding, sledding and other winter fun, the Stylus TG-630 iHS is winterized to perform at temperatures even below freezing (14°F / -10°C).
- iHS Technology
- Thanks to the iHS (Intelligent, High-Sensitivity and High-Speed) family of technologies, the Olympus Tough TG-630 iHS has brains as well as brawn. iHS harnesses the power of a 12-megapixel BSI (Back-Side Illuminated) CMOS sensor and the TruePic VI image processor (originally developed for DSLR cameras) to dramatically improve low-light performance, speed up camera response time, enhance scene and subject recognition and double zoom magnification without losing image quality.
iHS powers a number of Olympus features that take all the work out of capturing difficult shots. A blazing quick autofocus and HDR Backlight Adjustment takes a collage of separate photos and blends them into one perfectly exposed image regardless of difficult lighting. Multi-Motion Movie IS (Image Stabilization) records virtually blur-free videos even when you're moving. The versatile lens on the Olympus Tough TG-630 iHS pulls out wide or zooms in twice as close with its 10x Super-Resolution Zoom that digitally extends the range of the optical zoom with nearly no loss of image quality.
- 12 Megapixel BSI (Back Side Illumination) CMOS Sensor
- The TG-630 iHS' 12 Megapixel CMOS sensor delivers high-resolution, superb-quality full-size movies, stills and prints. A backside illumination (BSI) sensor increases the amount of light captured, which in turn improves low-light performance. The high-sensitivity, high-speed BSI CMOS sensor deliver unmatched image quality with less noise and improved image detail, especially in low-light situations.
- TruePic™ VI Image Processor
- Olympus developed its exclusive TruePic VI image processor for the demanding performance of digital SLR (single lens reflex) cameras. Olympus' enhanced TruePic VI Image Processor provides faster recovery time and shutter release plus excellent image quality with true-to-life color, the sharpest details, and less noise.
- 3.0" High-Resolution 460,000-Pixel HyperCrystal™ III LCD
- Whether composing still images or HD videos, photographers will appreciate the sharp 3.0-inch HyperCrystal III scratch-resistant LCD monitor on the TG-630 iHS. The LCD boasts 460,000 dots, and reproduces colors and shades more accurately with deeper black tones, while consuming less power. The wide-viewing angle enables you to view small details clearly, even in strong sunlight. See that fish you just caught clearly in the LCD without glare. The high-resolution HyperCrystal™ III LCD enables clear, high-contrast images. It increases the brightness of the LCD for better visibility in low-light and bright-light situations -- perfect for composing subjects underwater or in direct sunlight.
- Designed-to-be-Digital Optics - 5x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom, 20x Total Seamless Zoom
- Olympus photos are known worldwide for sharp, vibrant image quality. This is achieved through a number of key technologies, such as Olympus' high-refractive-index aspherical lens elements, designed specifically for digital cameras. The TG-630 iHS features a 5x wide optical zoom (28-140mm equivalent in 35mm photography, f3.9-5.9) so that even more of the subject makes it into each shot -- perfect for underwater photography. The lens does not protrude from its body so it is further protected from harsh conditions. The 5x optical zoom combines with 4x digital zoom to deliver 20x total seamless zoom power.
- 10x Super-Resolution Zoom
- Super-Resolution Zoom digitally extends the range of the optical zoom with virtually no loss of image quality,
- Backlight HDR Adjustment
- Shooting into backlight typically results in washed out, overly bright images. Backlight HDR Adjustment takes a collage of images at various exposure levels and blends them into one, perfectly exposed image.
- One-Touch 1080p Full HD Movie and HDMI Control
- The TG-630 iHS shoots gorgeous 1080p full HD videos, so you'll never miss the chance to capture the scene. Activating HD recording is incredibly easy with a dedicated one-touch button, and playback is also a breeze. Now, you'll be the hit of the party or any family function when you proudly display your brilliant images and videos on high-definition televisions. Simply connect the camera to an HDTV with an HDMI™ cable, which can be purchased separately, see Recommended Accessories. With HDMI Control, you can use your HDTV's remote to control playback functions and navigate the camera's menus from the comfort of your favorite couch. With One-Touch HD Movie you can record widescreen, crystal clear HD movies right from your camera.
- Multi-Motion Movie IS
- When you're walking and capturing videos at the same time, blur can be a big problem. Not with Multi-motion Movie IS. This advanced image stabilization technology counteracts blurring even with slow-moving subjects, long shots and pans. It's ideal for making dynamic, spontaneous movies when you're on the move -- and invariably don't have a tripod.
- Dual Image Stabilization
- In the cold climates where the Olympus TG-630 iHS thrives, you may shiver, but the camera performs sure and steady even in shaking hands. Dual Image Stabilization is an advanced combination of mechanical CCD-shift Image Stabilization and Digital Image Stabilization. CCD-shift Image Stabilization uses built-in electro-gyro sensors to record camera movement and adjust the CCD image sensor. This ensures that light remains centered on the image sensor to maintain image clarity despite a slight movement on the part of the photographer. Digital Image Stabilization Mode boosts ISO sensitivity and shutter speed so that images remain crisp and clear -- free from the blur caused by moving subjects. The combination of the two Image Stabilization Technologies ensures the best image clarity in virtually any shooting environment.
- Eye-Fi Card Compatibility
- Ready to upload and share images of your adventures live, as they happen? The TG-630 iHS is compatible with Eye-Fi SD cards (sold separately) adding Wi-Fi capability to the camera, enabling you to automatically upload images to your computer as you take them. Share your pictures of sandcastles right from the beach by uploading your shots immediately.
- AF Tracking
- AF Tracking technology locks your subject in focus, and continuously adjusts focus and brightness whether you or your subject are moving. This mode can remember the subject if it moves out of the frame. This enables you to keep fast-moving and unpredictable subjects like small children in focus for the perfect shot. There are even two newly designed "Pet Modes" for animal lovers, offering the ability to recognize the faces of a variety of breeds of both cats and dogs.
- Advanced Intelligent Auto Mode
- Tired of changing the settings on your camera every time you're shooting something different? The TG-630 iHS's Intelligent Auto Mode automatically indentifies what you are shooting from up to 32 different scene modes (Portrait, Landscape, Night + Portrait, Macro, Sports, etc.) and adjusts settings to capture the best quality results depending on the situation. First-time users will enjoy this quick and hassle-free feature, which does the thinking for them and produces incredible images like a pro.
- 12-Megapixel Full Resolution High-Speed Burst Shooting At 5 fps
- Shoot like a pro. With 5 fps high-speed burst shooting at 12-megapixel full resolution, nail the perfect shot by taking a quick sequence at the touch of a button. Still afraid you'll miss the moment? At 3-megapixel resolution, the frame rate increases to an astounding 60 shots per second. You'll have so many great shots, you won't be able to share just one.
- Hand-Held Starlight
- Hand-Held Starlight with Flash automatically snaps several images and then stitches them together into a single, blur-free image with minimal noise resulting in stunning low-light images.
- Beauty Mode With Makeup Mode
- Beauty mode touches up the appearance of subjects even while the shot is being taken. This feature recognises faces and automatically makes skin on the face and adjacent areas appear smoother, brighter and more youthful. It enables you to soften shadows and smooth wrinkles or blemishes on your subject's face -- all in the camera and as you capture the image. Additionally, subtle edits can be made post-capture using the Beauty Fix mode. Choose Clear Skin to smooth a person's complexion, Dramatic Eye to slightly emphasize the eyes, and Sparkle Eye to brighten and enhance the contrast of the iris and pupils. You can also apply all three edits at once.
Make-up mode enhances the look of faces in your shots. Laid out like a cosmetic toolbox, it lets you apply everything from eyeliner and eye shadow to rouge for skin blemishes. You can even lift cheekbones and morph your subjects to give them a cover-model look.
- 34 Selectable Shooting Modes Including 17 Scene Preset Modes and 11 Creative Art Filters
- i-Auto: Automatically indentifies what you are shooting and adjusts settings to capture the best quality results depending on the situation.
- Program Auto: Automatic shooting settings are activated while also allowing changes to a wide range of other shooting menu functions, such as exposure compensation, white balance, etc. as needed.
- Panorama: Three frames are taken and combined by the camera.
- Beauty & Make-up: Enables you to soften shadows and smooth wrinkles or blemishes on your subject's face.
- Super Macro: Get in close.
- Movie: Shoot gorgeous 1080p full HD videos st 30 fps. Also shoot in 720p and VCA resolutions.
- 17 Scene Modes: See below.
- 11 Magic Filters: See below.
- 17 Scene Preset Modes
- With 17 pre-programmed scene modes, such as Beach & Snow, Night Scene, Sunset, and Under Water Snapshot, the TG-630 iHS makes it easy to capture beautiful images in a variety of lighting and shooting situations. Get the best result in any situation with advanced options -- landscape, portrait, indoor, sunset and more, including an underwater setting.
- Hand-held Starlight: Automatically snaps several images and then stitches them together into a single, blur-free image.
- Night Scene
- Night & Portrait
- Beach & Snow
- Pet (Dog)
- Pet (Cat)
- Backlight HDR
- Under Water Snapshot
- 11 In-Camera Magic Filters
- In-camera Creative Features recently debuted on Olympus E-System DSLR (digital single lens reflex) cameras. Similar in-camera Magic Filters have been developed for the TG-630 iHS. Magic Filters enable the user to enhance and customize images as they're being captured. This translates into more fun and flexibility as customization is no longer limited to using expensive and time-consuming computer software. The Magic Filters include:
- Pop Art: Enhance and saturate colors to create vivid, high-impact pictures that express the joyful, lighthearted feeling of the Pop Art style of the 1960s
- Pin Hole: Reduce the peripheral brightness of an image as though it were shot through a pin hole, connecting the viewer intimately with the subject at the center
- Fish-Eye: Emulate the wide-angle of a fish-eye lens by taking extremely wide, hemispherical images and magnifying the center of the frame.
- Soft Focus: Creates a soft tone that gives pictures an ethereal, otherworldly atmosphere. It renders pictures as though they were veiled in heavenly light, without obscuring details such as hair or flower petals.
- Punk: Creates a two-tone image with a classic punk rock feel
- Watercolor: Transforms images into frame-worthy art with a finish like that of watercolor paintings
- Sparkle: Adds a twinkle to your photos
- Reflection: Creates a spectacular horizontal reflection of the real image similar to a mirror image created by still water.
- Miniature: Gives images a miniature model feel by narrowing the depth of field and enhancing color and contrast.
- Fragmented: Creates a collage of tiles, as if the original photo had been cut up and reassembled. Gives the shot a lively new look and feel with a three-dimensional texture.
- Dramatic: Boosts the contrast to give images a more dynamic atmosphere.
- Face Detection Auto Focus and Auto Exposure
- Face Detection Technology tracks faces within the frame and automatically focuses (Face Detection AF) and optimizes exposure (Face Detection AE) for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures. Even if your subjects are moving, the camera continuously tracks your subjects' faces without having to press the shutter button. The TG-630 iHS can detect up to 12 faces within the frame and automatically focus and optimize exposure.
- 57 MB Available Built-in Internal Memory
- You can capture images even when no media card is in the camera.
- SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card Compatible
- The Olympus TG-630 iHS digital compact camera offers SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card capability for up to 64 gigabytes of capacity.
- OLYMPUS [ib] Software
- The TG-630 iHS comes with OLYMPUS [ib] software. The software includes photography workflow, browsing, editing and unique photo organizing functions. You can organize your photos by person with automatic face recognition technology, by location with a Geotagging function or by event. You can easily view photos on an HDTV or on the camera's LCD with the Photo Surfing or Slideshow functions. The name [ib] stands for image bridging, image browsing and image brightening. The software is available for Windows operating systems only.
- LED Illuminator
- An LED Illuminator works like a mini-flashlight on the front of the camera to enhance focus and exposure for macro shooting -- great for underwater close-ups where light is scarce.
- Shadow Adjustment Technology
- Shooting outdoors in bright daylight can be tricky because of the extreme contrast between dark shadowed areas and bright sunlight areas -- while the human eye is capable of detecting the nuances between dark and light and all the details in between, image sensors traditionally have not been quite as sensitive. The TG-630 iHS addresses this challenge head-on with Shadow Adjustment Technology, which compensates for extreme contrast where the shadow areas are underexposed and lack visible detail. With this technology, users can preview and capture images that have the same contrast as seen with the naked eye. Combined with Face Detection Auto Focus and Auto Exposure, the TG-630 iHS captures smiles in shadows without getting a dark image in difficult lighting such as in backlight situations. The TruePic VI image processor further reduces noise in the shadowy areas allowing for even better backlight adjustment. The technology can also be turned off for any shooting situation where shadows are a key element of a photograph's drama.
- Lithium-Ion Battery Power
- The TG-630 iHS includes the LI-50B Li-Ion battery, which charges 2.5 times faster (two hours instead of five) than its predecessor. The 925-mAh battery boasts a 25 percent increase in power over previous models.
- PictBridge Enabled
- The power of PictBridge™ technology enables your photos to be printed directly from the TG-630 iHS to any PictBridge-enabled printer without using a computer. And the one-touch 'Print' button makes printing a single-step process. Printing and sharing images has never been easier.
- Built-in Multi-Mode Flash
- The TG-630 iHS camera has a built-in flash that offers settings to provide a wide range of options.
- Auto Flash fires automatically in low light or back-light, to help ensure the illumination is appropriate.
- Red-Eye Reduction Flash Mode emits a series of pre-flashes right before the shutter snaps, allowing the subject's eyes to adjust to the light level of the flash -- reducing the red-eye effect.
- Fill-In Flash Mode (forced on) adds light to eliminate shadows, for a more natural look in photos when your subject is in both bright light and dark shadow.
- Flash Off Mode is available when flash photography is not permitted or to allow for long exposures for shots like sunsets and night scenes.
- Auto-Connect USB 2.0 High Speed
- Transferring images to the computer has never been easier with the Auto-Connect USB 2.0 that does not require software drivers (for most computers/operating systems) for hassle-free and high-speed image downloads.
- Digital ESP Multi-Pattern and Spot Metering
- Multi-Point Metering enables up to 8 separate points in the image area to be averaged for proper exposures in the most difficult lighting conditions.
Olympus TG-630 iHS Specifications
- Shockproof: 5 ft. / 1.5 m equivalent to MIL Standard (Olympus test conditions)
Waterproof: 16 ft. / 5 m according to IEC standard publication 529 IPX8
Freezeproof: 14°F / -10° C according to Olympus test conditions
- Image Sensor:
- 12.7 megapixel total, 12.0 megapixel effective 1/2.3" (1.1cm) CMOS, primary color filter
- Lens 5.0 - 25.0mm (28 - 140mm equivalent in 35mm photography), 11 lenses in 8 groups, 4 aspherical elements, 1 ED glass element
- Seamless to 20x (5x optical and 4x digital combined)
- Aperture Range:
- f3.9 Wide - f5.9 Tele
- 3.0" (7.6 cm) HyperCrystal III LCD with approx. 460,000 pixels, ±2 Steps Brightness Adjustment
- Focusing System:
- CMOS Contrast detection
- Focusing Ranges:
- Normal mode: 7.9 in. - infinity (20 cm - infinity)
Macro Mode Tele: 19.7 in. - infinity (50 cm - infinity)
Super Macro mode: 1.2 in. - 23.6 in. (3 cm - 60 cm), flash off
- Focus Modes:
- iESP Auto, Spot AF, Face Detection AF, AF Tracking, AF lock
- Shutter Speeds:
- Auto: 1/2000 sec. - 1/4 sec. (up to 4 sec. in Night Scene Mode)
- ISO Auto, High Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400 equivalent (SOS: Standard Output Sensitivity)
- Metering Mode:
- Digital ESP Multi-Pattern, Spot metering
- Exposure Compensation:
- ±2 EV steps in 1/3 EV steps
- Shooting Modes:
- 34 Shooting Modes: Intelligent Auto, Program Auto, Panorama, Beauty Mode with Make-up, Super Macro, 11 Magic Filters (Pop Art, Pinhole, Fisheye, Soft Focus, Punk, Sparkle, Watercolor, Reflection, Miniature, Fragmented, Dramatic), 17 Scene Presets (Portrait, Landscape, Hand-held Starlight, Night Scene, Night & Portrait, Sport, Indoor, Self-Portrait, Sunset, Fireworks, Cuisine, Documents, Beach & Snow, Pet (Dog), Pet (Cat), Backlight HDR, Under Water Snapshot), Movie
- White Balance System:
- Auto, One-Touch (1 custom setting can be registered), Pre-set (Daylight, Overcast, Tungsten, Fluorescent1 and Underwater)
- Motion Blur Suppression:
- Dual Image Stabilization, Multi-motion Movie IS
- Image File Formats:
- Still Image: JPEG
Movie: MOV / H.264
AVI / Motion JPEG (High Speed Video)
- Adjustable Resolutions:
- 12MP (3,968 x 2,976)
8MP (3,264 x 2,448)
5MP (2,560 x 1,920)
3MP (2,048 x 1,536)
2MP (1,600 x 1,200)
1MP (1,280 x 960)
VGA (640 x 480)
16:9 L (3,968 x 2,232)
16:9 S (1,920 x 1,080)
- In Camera Panorama, PC Panorama
- Continuous Shooting
- Approx. 5 fps / 25 images (12M)
Approx. 15 fps / 100 images (3M)
Approx. 60 fps / 100 images (3M)
- Shooting Assist Functions:
- Histogram, Frame Assist, Hand-Held Starlight, Voice Recording
- Movie Mode HDMI:
- 1080p, 720p, VGA, High Speed 120fps (QVGA), High Speed 240fps (QVGA)
- Image Processing:
- TruePic™ VI Image Processor
- Noise Reduction:
- Image Playback:
- Still Image: Single, Index Display (5 x 4 frames), Event, 1.1x - 10x Zoom, Slideshow, Event, Image Protection, Histogram
Movie: Normal, Fast-Forward, Reverse, Still / Frame-by-Frame, Voice Playback
- Playback Edit Effects:
- Still Image: Beauty Fix, Resize, Saturation, Cropping, Red-eye reduction, Shadow Adjustment
- Built-in flash
- Flash Modes:
- Auto for low and backlight, Red-Eye Reduction, Fill-In, Off, LED
- Flash Working Range:
- Wide: 7.9 in. (20 cm) - 11.5 ft. (3.5 m) at ISO 800
Tele: 19.7 in. (50 cm) - 8.2 ft. (2.5 m) at ISO 800
- 12 / 2 seconds / Pet auto-shutter
- 57 MB internal memory
- Removable Media Card:
- SD / SDHC / SDXC Card
- Outer Connectors:
- Multi-terminal (USB connecter, DC Jack, Audio/Video output), HDMI Type D micro
- Auto-Connect USB:
- 2.0 Full Speed (USB mass storage)
- Power Supply:
- LI-50B Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (included); F-2AC USB-to-AC Adapter (included); F-3AC USB-to-AC Adapter (optional)
- Battery Life (CIPA DC-002):
- 270 shots; 80 minutes continuous video shooting
- Wireless Transfer:
- Wi-Fi compatible with optional Eye-Fi card
- Size (W x H x D):
- Approximately 3.8 x 2.6 x 0.8 inches (98.4 x 66 x 22 mm)
- 5.9 oz. (167 g) including battery and memory card