Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f2.8
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized Internet etailer for Olympus
and Many Other Fine Brands!
Also available in black.
Get Silver Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f2.8 Price / Buy Online
The M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 is a wide-angle pancake lens with a convenient focal length (equivalent to 34mm on a 35mm camera) for shooting everything from landscapes and portraits to close-ups. This Micro Four Thirds lens boasts an ultra-compact, slim design at less than an inch in length and 2.5 ounces in weight. With its digital-dedicated design and superior performance this lens maximizes the camera's performance for clear, high-quality imaging. The moderate wide-angle lens with its ultra compact design is ideal for daily snapshots and travel.
With its unprecedented compact design, stunning SLR-level picture quality, and versatile capabilities, the Micro Four Thirds System standard is the ideal complement to the Four Thirds System, increasing user options and expanding the range of photographic possibilities far beyond the conventional.
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f2.8 Key Features
- Box Contents:
- M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f2.8 Lens
- Lens Cap LC-37
- Lens Rear Cap LR-2
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Card
- Outstandingly Compact Moderate Wide-Angle Pancake Zoom Lens
- This Micro Four Thirds pancake lens (35mm equivalent focal length of 34mm) boasts an ultra-compact, slim design at less than an inch in length and 2.5 ounces in weight. The moderate wide-angle lens with its ultra compact design is ideal for daily snapshots and travel. The Micro Four Thirds System breakthrough design allows dramatic reduction in camera size. The elimination of the mirror box paves the way for a cascade of size reductions, including cutting the size of the flange back in half (relative to the Four Thirds System) and reducing the lens mount diameter by about 6 mm, which in turn makes it possible to reduce the size of the lens itself. And all of this has been achieved without reducing the size of the sensor itself, assuring the same superior picture quality that is provided by the Four Thirds System.
- One Aspherical Lens Element
- While an ordinary lens element utilizes part of the spherical surface, the aspherical lens element utilizes part of a surface that is curved but not spherical. This allows a single lens element to correct effectively the aberrations that are often hard to correct with spherical lens elements.
- Circular Aperture Mechanism
- The circular aperture and f2.8 maximum aperture aperture makes it possible to achieve smooth, uniform, soft background defocusing.
- Digital Specific Lens™
- Zuiko Digital lenses are designed to focus light straight into an imager's pixel wells, to fill every pixel consistently. It's optical technology that delivers an image filled from center to edge with rich, accurate color, high contrast and subtle gradation. Designed exclusively for digital photography, Zuiko Digital lenses provide a level of precision that's simply unattainable from a digital body using a traditional 35mm film lens.
Zuiko lenses feature a near telecentric design that ensures that the light hits the photodiodes at right angles, thus avoiding the problem of blurring at the edges of the image, or corner shading, which often occurs when using lenses originally designed for 35mm film cameras. Combined with the high resolution of Olympus Zuiko Digital lenses, this lens design exploits the full potential of the digital camera image sensors. The result is clear photos with strong colors and sharp contrasts right to the edges of the image. The telecentricity made possible by the digital-dedicated design of the Four Thirds System has been inherited by the Micro Four Thirds System, further ensuring the high picture quality performance of the system.
- Smart System
- M.Zuiko Digital lenses communicate image information directly to the Olympus E-System Digital SLR for a level of exposure accuracy that's beyond the capabilities of a passive lens. Two signal pins have been added to enable information exchange between the camera body and lens, and allow various extensions to be adopted in the future.
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f2.8 Specifications
- Lens Mount
- Micro Four Thirds System Standard
- Focal Length
- 17mm (34mm 35mm equivalent)
- Lens Construction
- 6 Elements in 4 Groups, including 1 Aspherical lens element
- Angle of View
- Closest Focusing Distance
- 7.87 inches (0.2m)
- Maximum Image Magnification
- 0.11x (0.22x 35mm equivalent)
- Minimum Field Size
- 118.2 x 158.3 mm
- Maximum Aperture
- Minimum Aperture
- Number of Blades
- 5 (Circular Aperture Diaphragm)
- Filter Size
- Dimensions, Diameter x Length
- 2.24 x 0.87 inches (57 mm x 22 mm)
- 2.5 oz. (71 g)