Canon VB-M600VE Dome Security Camera
Get Canon VB-M600VE Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized U.S. Retailer for Canon
and Many Other Fine Brands!
The Canon VB-M600VE is a 1.3 Megapixel fixed vandal resistant IP security camera that provides excellent low-light performance and is designed for areas where it may be subject to abuse. The VB-M600VE is housed in a polycarbonate / aluminum dome that can absorb impacts from all angles. The dome has a dust and water-resistance rating of IP66 and can protect against heavy water sprays from any angle. Inside the dome, the VB-M600VE lens and camera mechanism is mounted in a damping mechanism to protect it against impacts. The VB-M600VE is equipped with a 1/3-inch 1.3 Megapixel CMOS image sensor, and Canon's advanced NET processor for simultaneous transmission of high-quality 1280 x 960 / 30fps video in Motion JPEG and bandwidth-saving H.264 codec. The VB-M600VE is also equipped with On-board Video Analytics including Moving Object Detection, Removed Object Detection, Abandoned Object Detection and alerts for Camera Tampering and Volume Detection.
The VB-M600VE is installation-friendly as it features Canon's unique Easy Setup PTRZ Tool which utilizes special motors to adjust the Pan/Tilt/Rotation angles and Zoom/Focus after installation, and it conforms to the ONVIF network-interoperability standard for simplified integration. The VB-M600VE features several image enhancement functions. Smart Shade Control automatically adjusts the contrast between bright and dark areas of an image for optimum detail display. With Auto Day/Night Capability, the camera automatically switches to night mode depending upon lighting conditions.
Canon VB-M600VE Key Features
- Included Accessories
- Installation Template
- Power Connector
- Audio Cable
- Safety Wire
- Resitorx Wrench
- Setup CD-ROM
- Installation Guide
- Warranty Card
- Vandal Resistance
- The VB-M600VE contains a damping mechanism that allows the lens to move 15mm inside the camera body. This, with a vandal-resistant enclosure, allows for the camera to absorb impacts. The VB-M600VE is housed in a polycarbonate/aluminum dome that can absorb impacts from all angles.
- Weather Resistance
- The VB-M600VE is both dust and water resistant with an Ingress Resistant Rating of IP66, which can keep out heavy sprays of water at any angle. The VB-M600VE can be purchased with an optional heater that allows for camera operation down to -22° F (needs AC 24V).
- Built-in Network Server
- The VB-M600VE Network Camera can be connected to the Internet or your LAN in an instant. The camera's built-in Web and FTP server automatically assigns an IP address and provides various supports for networking protocols, including DHCP for easy, direct connection to the web and practically any network. Once connected, you're ready for a world of IP monitoring and webcast applications. The built-in web server and FTP server provide easy viewing access for up to 15 clients simultaneously, beneficial for on-line applications as such as Internet-based remote monitoring and Web-based attraction viewing at tourist destinations and in university settings. The diverse functionality of the VB-M600VE camera enables up to 20 preset positions with a preset tour feature that allows automatic panning, tilting and zooming.
- 1/3-inch 1.3-Megapixel CMOS Image Sensor
- The VB-M600VE's approximately 1.3 million pixel CMOS delivers sharp, high resolution video with four times the detail of a VGA camera for clearer, more useful video monitoring. Genuine Canon optics combined with the high-sensitivity CMOS provides optimal contrast, and deliver excellent colors and tonal quality, even in low light.
- Genuine Canon Optics: 3X Optical Zoom 101.2-Degree Wide Angle Lens
- Featuring Genuine Canon Optics, this security camera features a unique Canon aspherical 3x optical zoom lens with an ultra-wide 101.2-degree angle of view, making it ideal for use in areas with severe space restrictions such as stairways, narrow halls, and elevators. Featuring the smallest lens in its class, its sophisticated optical formula and optimal lens coating technology enables it to produce high-quality sharp images with minimal distortion and flare. The VB-M600VE is a versatile fixed network dome camera suited for many IP security applications.
- Canon DIGIC NET Processor
- The VB-M600VE PTZ Network Camera uses the proprietary Canon DIGIC NET Processor, a powerful hardware-based engine that performs all image processing and encoding. This allows the VB-M600VE to simultaneously deliver both H.264 and JPEG video in high resolution 1280 x 960 at the maximum frame rate of 30fps -- with no loss in frame rate, unlike many competing models.
- Smart Shade Control
- If the background of an image is too bright to see main subjects, the VB-M600VE allows you adjust the contrast of the darker areas to make it easier to see. Unlike backlight compensation, the shade correction adjusts darker areas of the image, while maintaining the brightness of the brighter areas, so the background image remains clear. Since this process occurs in the camera, image degradation is minimized and the load on the system is reduced.
- Excellent Low-Light Performance
- The camera features a Genuine Canon optical zoom lens and sophisticated Canon DIGIC NET image processor. These proprietary components work together with a high-sensitivity CMOS sensor to enable the camera to capture potentially crucial image detail in low-illumination environments down to at least .018 lux at f/1.2 and 1/8 sec. in color and at least .001 lux at f/1.2 and 1/8 sec. in black and white with SSC (Smart Shade Control) on. The lens on the VB-M600VE has been been treated with special coatings and engineered to allow the camera to provide high quality images even in the toughest lighting conditions (like starlight).
- H.264 High-Resolution Video
- The H.264 Codec of the VB-M600VE provides superb image compression, delivering high resolution images with small data size, thereby resulting in low bandwidth utilization. The benefits are obvious, with an infrastructure cost savings as well as reduced data storage capability needs, all while maximizing the quality of the video image.
- Video Analytics
- Several in-camera Intelligent Features are designed to assist in identifying potentially crucial details in the video captured by the Canon VB-M600VE IP security camera. These Intelligent Features include abandoned, moving, and removed object detection. User-adjustable in terms of detection area, sensitivity and duration, these features can engage configured alarms and notification functions. In addition to video analytics, camera analytics include detection of sound levels and camera tampering to alert for abnormal events in the vicinity of the camera's installation location.
Thanks to the VB-M600VE's impressive algorithm highly precise detection is achieved by using polygonal and rectangle shapes to specify up to 15 areas of detection (as opposed to only using rectangle shapes like some competitor models). Additional flexibility is provided in that notification of a detection can be made through the network from the camera using a number of functions including automatic recording, e-mail transmission, uploading video to a specified target server and events in ONVIF by the RM server. It is also possible to combine a number of detection functions for simultaneous notification.
- Auto Day / Night Capability
- The Auto Day/Night feature switches automatically in dark night-time conditions. You can select up to five different brightness levels for Auto Day/Night switching, to provide options for a wider range of environments. Capable of capturing color images of subjects with brightness as low as 0.03 lux (1/8 sec.), the VB-M600VE is ideal for video monitoring of locations with variable lighting.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- The Power Over Ethernet feature allows the camera to utilize a single Ethernet cable for data transmission and to power the camera. Because Power Over Ethernet makes a separate cable for electrical power unnecessary, this feature simplifies installation in single or multi-camera systems, particularly at sites where AC outlets are not readily accessible, resulting in faster and more cost effective installation.
- HTTPS and IPsec Support
- HTTPS and IPsec (IP security) are each a set of protocols for securing IP communications by encrypting data streams. IPsec secures the data flow to and from the camera, and ensures that only authorized users have access.
- Privacy Mask
- The Privacy Mask function can block sensitive locations (such as ATM keypads or computer monitors) from the camera's view while still allowing for a full range of motion.
- Built-in SD Memory Card Slot
- The built-in SD Memory Card slot allows still images to be saved to an SD/SDHC memory card during network outages. In addition, when issues occur, system logs are also created and stored on the SD card for future troubleshooting.
- Browser Access Restriction
- The VB-M600VE provides three levels of user access to ensure security. In addition to the Administrator who has control of the entire system, users can be divided into registered users (Authorized) and general users (Anonymous). Each type of user has access to different monitoring functions and camera control as specified by the administrator.
- Three Light Metering Modes
- The VB-M600VE offers three selectable metering modes, or methods for measuring brightness (amount of light) of subjects to set the exposure. Choose from Average, Center-Weighted or Spot, which can be switched depending on the shooting condition.
- Seven-Level Automatic Exposure Compensation
- Automatic exposure compensation offers seven levels of correction. Compared to other cameras where only positive correction for backlit situations is available the VB-M600VE has negative correction for overly bright situations, so you can set the white balance and the light source to match the installation site.
- Shutter Priority Auto Exposure
- The VB-M600VE allows you to select a desired shutter speed, and the camera will then set the matching aperture value for a proper exposure. If you change the shutter speed, or the light level changes, the camera adjusts the aperture accordingly. This is useful for fast-moving subjects such as cars in motion, where setting a fast shutter speed will ensure blur-free capture.
- Viewer-Controlled Pan, Tilt, Rotate and Zoom
- The VB-M600VE has an extremely wide pan and tilt range and provides coverage for a full 360 degrees horizontal field of view (pan and rotate range of plus-minus 175 degrees). The camera's viewing angle can be easily adjusted via PC, and images are exceptionally clear during PTZ movement without the occurrence of motion blur. The VB-M600VE can quickly survey entire office areas and warehouses, covering far more territory than fixed cameras.
- Canon's Unique Easy Setup PTRZ Tool For
- The VB-M600VE features Canon's unique Easy Setup PTRZ Tool which saves time, energy and ultimately money by eliminating the need to set the Pan/Tilt/Rotation/Zoom and Focus during installation. Controllable from a remote location, installers can place the camera where it is best suited and then fine-tune the image area captured as required.
- Image Upload and Email Notification
- When subject motion is detected or if an external sensor is triggered, the camera is equipped to automatically send the images to a desired location via FTP/HTTP/SMTP (email). You can, for example, have the camera automatically send the images to a mobile phone or email address.
- ONVIF version 1.02 Conformant
- Third party integration is simple with the VB-M600VE because it's ONVIF version 1.02 conformant. Compatibility with this standard protocol, as well as WebView, Canon's network camera protocol, enables the user to create a system which best meets their needs, with equipment from different manufacturers and third party recording software. It also simplifies the work of system integrators by expanding the ability to use third party recording software. This XML based standard systematizes the protocols of settings for camera, control and information acquisition. Among the functions supported are camera search by WS-Discovery, authentication by WS-Security, RTP streaming of video (JPEG, H.264), audio (G.711), events (including PTZ and Camera status) and Multicast. Network settings, camera system parameters, rebooting external IO control and preset home settings are also supported. In addition, SSL communication and setting of intelligent functions are also possible.
- Video data-streaming options for the VB-M600VE IP security camera includes simultaneous transmission of H.264 and Motion-JPEG in resolutions of 1280 x 960, 640 x 480 and 320 x 240. Motion-JPEG can also be streamed at 160 x 120. All four Motion-JPEG resolutions can be streamed simultaneously at frame rates up to 30 fps. Only one H.264 resolution can be streamed at a time.
- Built-in Web Viewer
- The VB-M600VE also features a built-in Web Viewer function for remote video monitoring by authorized users on any web browser, including smartphone web browsers or leading third-party applications. The camera ships with RM Lite, Canon's free network video and recording software for up to four cameras (RM Lite provides Motion-JPEG at 5fps).
- Full Duplex, Two-Way Audio Support
- Full duplex, two-way audio support allows the Network Camera to both send and receive audio simultaneously, which enables security professionals monitoring its video to hear and speak to people appearing on-camera, while using a microphone. Security professionals can speak into a microphone connected to their monitoring PC and be heard at the camera's location through a powered speaker connected to the camera.
- Built-in Terminals For Connection To External Devices
- The VB-M600VE is equipped with built-in terminals for connection to various external devices.
- Power Connection Socket connects the camera to an optional external power supply or AC adapter (not included). The terminal accepts 12 volts DC power or 24 volts AC power.
- 10/100 Base-T LAN Connector connects the camera to a network with an RJ-45 cable. The VB-M600VE integrates the PoE (Power over Ethernet) functionality, so the power can be supplied to the camera via the LAN cable from a PoE Power Injector or an IEEE 802.3af-compliant PoE midspan or switch.
- Audio Input Terminal connects a microphone to the camera. The Administrator can then monitor the audio at the camera site from a remote location.
- Line Out Terminal connects a speaker to the camera. Audio can be sent to the camera by the Administrator from a remote location.
- External Device I/O Terminals - The camera has two input and two output terminals for the external devices, such as sensors or alarms.
Canon VB-M600VE Specifications
- Image Sensor
- 1/3-inch CMOS Sensor
1.3 effective megapixels
- Scanning Method
- Progressive Scan
- 3x optical
- Video Signal
- Lens Focal Length / F-Stop
- f=2.8mm (W) ~ 8.4mm (T) / F1.2 (W) ~ F2.0 (T)
- Angle Of View
- 101.2° (W) ~ 33.7° (T)
- Day/Night Mode
- Auto / Manual
- IR Cut Filter
- Minimum Object Illumination
- Color: 0.018 Lux (F1.2, 1/8 sec., SSC ON)
Black & White: 0.001 Lux (F1.2, 1/8 sec, SSC ON)
- One-shot / Manual / Fixed Focus at Infinity
- Focus Range
- Day Mode: 1 ft
Night Mode: 3.3 ft
- Auto Exposure
- Auto / Flickerless / Shutter Priority AE / Manual
- Shutter Speed
- 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/15, 1/30, 1/60, 1/100, 1/120, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000, 1/2000, 1/4000, 1/8000 sec.
- White Balance
- Auto / Select Light Source (Warm Fluorescent, White Fluorescent, Daylight Fluorescent, Mercury Lamp, Sodium Lamp, Halogen Lamp) / Lock (One-shot WB) / Manual
- Metering Modes
- Center-weighted / Average / Spot
- Exposure Compensation
- 7 Levels
- Smart Shade Control
- 7 Levels
- Day / Night Mode
- Auto / Manual
- Rotation Range
- 350° - ±175°
- Pan Angle Range
- 350° - ±175°
- Tilt Angle Range
- 150° - ±75°
- Pan / Tilt Speed
- Pan: 19.2° / second, Tilt: 14.2° / second, Rotate: 43.7° / second
- Video Compression Method
- Motion-JPEG / H.264 (video), JPEG (still images)
- Output Image / Video Capture Sizes
- JPEG: 1280 x 960, 640 x 480, 320 x 240, 160 x 120
H.264: 1280 x 960, 640 x 480, 320 x 240
- Video Quality
- MJPEG and H.264: 5 Levels
- Video Frame Rate
- M-JPEG: 0.1 ~ 30fps H.264: 30 / 15 / 10 fps
- Simultaneous Client Access
- M-JPEG: 30 clients
H.264: 10 clients
- Audio Compression Method
- G.711 ì-LAW (64 kbps)
- Audio Communication
- 2-Way Full Duplex
- 1 RJ-45 (100Base-TX, Negotiation: auto/full/half, IEEE 802.3af)
- IPv4: TCP / IP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, SNMP (MIB2), SMTP (client), DHCP (client), DNS (client), ARP, ICMP, POP3, NTP, SMTP authentication, WV-HTTP (Canon protocol), ONVIF
IPv6: TCP / IP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP (client), DNS (client), ICMPv6, POP3, NTP, SMTP authentication, WV-HTTP (Canon protocol), ONVIF
- Communication Encryption
- HTTPS, IPsec
- Camera Control User Types
- Administrator / Authorized Users / Guests
- 20 Positions
- View Restriction
- Privacy Mask
- Up to 8 locations
- Connection Restriction
- Username / password, IP address restriction
- Video Analytics (Intelligent Function)
- Image: Moving Object Detection / Removed Object Detection / Abandoned Object Detection / Camera Tampering Detection; Field of Detection: Max. 15 places
Sound: Volume Detection
- JPEG Image Upload
- FTP / HTTP / SMTP
- Event Notification
- HTTP / SMTP
- Temporary Storage
- Removable SD / SDHC card (up to 32gb), up to 1fps
- Audio Terminals
- Input: 1-Mini-Jack Connector (Monaural) LINE IN or MIC IN
Output: 1-Mini-Jack Connector (Monaural) LINE OUT
- External Device I/O Terminals
- Input x2, Output x2
- Operating Environment
- 14 - 122°F (-10 - 50°C) 20-85% RH (non-condensing)
-22 ~ 122° F (-30 ~ 50° C) 5~85%RH (with optional Heater)
- Power Supply
- PoE Via LAN Connector (IEEE 802.3af compliant)
Optional AC Adapter AC 100V - 240V (PA-V17)
Optional External Power AC 24V / DC 12V
- Power Consumption
- with PoE approximately 8.6 W
with Optional AC Adapter approximately 10.9 W
DC Input (DC 12V) approximately 9 W
AC Input (AC 24V) approximately 8.3 W
With Optional Heater Unit (24V AC needed) approximately 18.9 W
- Bundled Software
- VB Initial Setting Tool, RM-Lite
- Ingress Resistance Rating
- Dimensions (Dia. x H)
- Approximately 7.1 x 5.8 inches (180 x 147 mm)
- Approximately 4.22 lbs. (1.91 kg)