Canon Realis SX80 Mark II D Multimedia Projector
Get Canon Realis SX80 Mark II D Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized U.S. Retailer for Canon
and Many Other Fine Brands!
Designed to reproduce medical images with crisp and clear detail, the Realis SX80 Mark II D projector is perfect for displaying the fine detail required when viewing X-rays, CAT scans and MRIs from a PACS workstation. Incorporating LCOS technology, this high-performance projector provides the image clarity and color performance necessary to meet the needs of professionals in the demanding medical education market. The Realis SX80 Mark II D displays images to the DICOM 14 standard.
You'll appreciate the versatility and high-performance features that come with Canon's REALiS SX80 Mark II D Multimedia Projector. The SX80 Mark II D includes an HDMI port that supports high-definition 1080p content, and a USB port that allows for "PC Free" presentations and PictBridge compatibility. The expanded display area of high-resolution SXGA+ (1400x1050) allows you to make standard widescreen WXGA presentations without distortion. The SX80 Mark II D offers amazingly accurate image reproduction and print legibility thanks to Canon's advanced AISYS-enhanced LCOS technology. The projector offers a 1.5x optical powered zoom lens that ensures a wider range of throw distances, and 3000 lumens that provide illuminated presentations. Backed by Canon's three-year product warranty.
Canon Realis SX80 Mark II D Key Features
- Included Accessories
- Remote Control (with AAA batteries)
- Soft Carrying Case
- DVI to VGA Computer Cable
- Lens Cap
- Power Cable
- Component Video Adapter Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- SXGA+ Resolution
- Ideally engineered for professional photographers, the Canon Realis SX80 Mark II D projector features Super High Resolution 1400 x 1050 (SXGA+), for display of exceptional color and intricate detail. Compared to mainstream projectors which offer XGA resolution (1024 x 768), the Realis SX80 Mark II D's SXGA+ resolution provides an expanded display range, capable of reproducing even the smallest details with razor sharp precision. SXGA+ can also display true 16:9 high definition broadcast images. Professional photographers can display and present incredibly realistic images with large screen impact using the Realis SX80 Mark II D.
- LCOS Technology
- Three LCOS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) panels -- red, green and blue -- allow the SX80 Mark II D projector to produce its smooth picture quality. 90% of panel surface area is active, compared to approximately 60% of typical LCD panels: gaps between the transmissive LCD pixels used in conventional projectors result in images appearing as though covered in a fine mesh. With virtually no gaps between the pixels of LCOS panels, images produced are seamless: diagonal lines, fine details and text in presentations are reproduced with outstanding clarity.
The liquid crystals allow LCOS projectors to reproduce fine gradients across the entire brightness range, ensuring subtle gradations are rendered clearly with exceptionally smooth grey scale displays. This technology means higher resolution images, seamless images with no flickering or "screen door" effect, quick image response for better looking moving images, and better display of text. Only Canon realizes the full potential of LCOS technology by combining it with their proprietary AISYS Engine, a patented optical light engine for achieving brightness and high contrast using LCOS panels.
LCOS vs LCD
LCOS technology produces lattice-free, seamless images, while the LCD projector's "screen door effect" impacts negatively on the display of faithful color and intricate detail.
With Realis SX80 Mark II D, skin tone detail is sharp and crisp.
With Realis SX80 Mark II D, color is accurate and sharp.
LCD "Screen door effect" minimizes skin tone detail.
Screen door effect dulls color and reproduction.
- Exclusive AISYS Technology
- To overcome the cumbersome size and high cost of traditional LCOS projectors, Canon developed AISYS (Aspectual Illumination System), a unique optical illumination system incorporating LCOS technology into a remarkably compact body. By optimizing the light from the projector's lamp in relation to the characteristics of the LCOS panels and PBSs (Polarization Beam Splitter), AISYS achieves a lightweight and compact chassis without compromising on brightness and contrast.
This patented, proprietary optical technology makes it possible to achieve both the high brightness of 3500 ANSI Lumens and a contrast ratio of 1000:1 while also reducing projector size. It allows the Realis SX80 Mark II D to fully unlock the performance of LCOS, which has major advantages over traditional projection methods, including higher (SXGA+) resolution, seamless imagery, enhanced performance on motion images, and superior display of text.
Canon's proprietary AISYS optical system has been improved. This effectively boosts image quality and brightness, while maintaining the right balance of contrast and compact size to maximize affordability for users who require exceptional detail. This new, highly evolved version of the AISYS optical system is incorporated in the SX80 Mark II D, SX80 Mark II D0, and X600 multimedia projectors.
- Precision Canon 1.5X Powered Zoom Lens With Autofocus
- Nearly 70 years of expertise in designing and crafting precision lenses for photography, broadcast TV cameras, and camcorders goes into every lens Canon manufactures. The Realis SX80 Mark II D's lens offers a wide zoom range, an impressively short throw distance, and produces images with superior color and clarity. The powered 1.5x zoom lens can be adjusted via remote control, and allows for flexible placement of the projector -- achieving strong magnification with little distortion throughout the zoom range.
The 1.5x Powered Zoom Lens has been engineered to accommodate LCOS reflective LCD panels. And, with Canon's 10:0 lens offset, REALiS projectors can now be pulled back even further without the image hitting the table or the ceiling. This minimizes the need for keystone correction. It gives you a 40" screen from a very short 3.9 feet, all the way to a 100" screen from 9.8 feet. It's the perfect blend of quality and versatility.
- 3000 ANSI Lumens
- When you have to project over large distances or in a bright setting, the Realis SX80 Mark II D has the power you need. Not only does it feature the bright performance of LCOS and AISYS technology, it's also packing an impressive 3000 ANSI lumens. The SX80 Mark II D's high luminosity enables it to clearly display large images even in lighted-venue environments, which can include shopping malls and museum exhibits.
- Advanced Color Management With Color Modes
- With this Realis projector, you can select between several Color Modes, each one designed for a different type of projection.
- Standard mode gives you images closely resembling the original, with an emphasis on white areas
- Presentation mode increases contrast between bright and dark areas, making it easier to see detailed diagrams and text
- sRGB mode is optimized for sRGB images, which includes those produced by many digital cameras
- Movie mode is for the display of video images, clearly defining gradations and improving color reproduction
- Photo mode is for the display of digital images, clearly defining gradations and improving color reproduction
- DICOM Simulation mode
- DICOM Simulation Mode
- Designed to reproduce medical images with crisp and clear detail, the Realis SX80 Mark II D projector is perfect for displaying the fine detail required when viewing X-rays, CAT scans and MRIs from a PACS workstation. The Realis SX80 Mark II D displays images to the DICOM 14 standard. It features easy calibration with 21 preset levels of gamma. The SX80 Mark II D is perfect for medical training and education.
- Amazing Color Quality and Control: Canon Color Management System (CMS)
- Canon's high-accuracy Color Management System (CMS) ensures accurate color reproduction for an extended color space and compensates for color variances due to lighting differences. The advantage: true HD-quality color even in the toughest conditions.
- Crisp Blacks Enhance Shadow Detail
- Precise control prevents the excess leakage of light, producing rich, detailed gradations even in the shadowed portions of images -- recreating depth and dimension with stunning drama and realism.
- 6-Axis Color Adjustments
- A 6-Axis Color Adjustment function meets and exceeds the demands of professionals with demanding color requirements. Both hue and saturation can be adjusted independent of RGB and CMYK color axes.
- Photo Image Mode
- The Photo Image Mode allows users to easily make changes to improve the look and feel of the content being projected. Within this mode the Color Level and Color Temperature functions allow for fine-tuning of both the intensity of colors and the color temperature by selecting from easy-to-use presets. In addition, the Photo Image Mode includes an Ambient Light function which can be used to compensate for lighting conditions for both the type of lighting (Tungsten, Fluorescent and Fluorescent H) and intensity (Low, Medium or High). The ambient light function is ideal for users displaying content and cannot control the lighting conditions -- such as educators speaking in classrooms or photographers showing their work in an art museum/gallery or at a seminar. The functions available in the Photo Image Mode allow users greater control of color reproduction and image quality.
- Whisper Operation: 31 dB (Quiet Mode)
- When you've sweated over every word in your presentation, you don't want anything competing for your audience's attention. That's why you'll love the Realis SX80 Mark II D. In Normal mode, the SX80 Mark II D runs at 35dB; and in Quiet mode, it runs at 31dB.
- Off and Go
- The Off and Go feature lets you power off and unplug without running the fan. The projector uses a built-in energy reserve to run the fans for its shutdown cycle. Ceiling mounted units can be switched on/off from a central control.
- Digital Keystone Adjustment
- If the projector is not aligned properly with the screen (perpendicular to it), keystoning can occur. This will create a displayed image with trapezoidal shape (narrower at the bottom than top, for example). With a projector as portable as the Realis SX80 Mark II D, you're sure to find yourself in less than perfect set ups. Keystone Correction lets you project a perfect image regardless. Automatic Keystone Correction is available on the vertical axis, correcting distortion up to ±20 degrees. You can also manually correct for keystone distortion of ±20 degrees vertically.
- Superior Connectivity
- The Realis SX80 Mark II D projector includes multiple input jacks and connectors, including HDMI, DVI-I, USB and an analog computer-display input which can also accept component video signals via an included Component to VGA Cable. Other inputs include an RS-232 and RJ-45 control inputs, composite video and S-Video input and three mini jack stereo audio inputs. All connectors attach from the side of the projector housing, making for a more attractive presentation environment.
- Deep Color HDMI Input
- Need to share media not resident on a PC? No problem with Canon's convenient built-in interfaces. Use the HDMI terminal for instant display of HD video. Supports full 1080p high definition signals.
- USB Port
- Connect a USB memory stick directly into the projector, or connect a PictBridge-compatible digital camera via USB cable.
- Built-in RJ-45 Port Network Connection
- A built-in RJ-45 network connection allows for local and network control of several projectors from a centralized location, making it easy to manage a large scale system. The network connection also enables the projector to send out an email alertwhen an error has occurred, or when the lamp has reached the end of its life.
- Digital Audio Inputs and Output
- The audio input source will switch automatically to match the image signal source. Audio output terminals permit connection to external audio devices, making it easy to control sound levels from the projector's remote control unit.
- Auto Set
- Setup and control of the Realis SX80 Mark II D has been made easier with a host of automated functions. Press Auto Set, and within seconds the Realis SX80 Mark II D identifies and connects the source, corrects keystone distortion, sharpens focus, and balances color.
The Auto Focus system measures the throw distance, projection angle and ambient temperature and sets the focus to the optimum position. Automatic Keystone Correction is available on the vertical axis, correcting trapezium distortion up to ±20 degrees. With Auto Input selection the projector automatically detects the active input terminal and configures itself accordingly. Auto Screen Color correction automatically compensates for the color of the projection surface to deliver a natural color scheme.
- Progressive Scan Circuitry
- Make your next presentation a high definition, widescreen experience. The HDTV compatible SX80 Mark II D displays true 16:9 HDTV broadcast images (720p), giving your audience a truly cinematic experience.
- Lightweight and Compact
- At only 11.5 pounds, the Realis SX80 Mark II D is one of the smallest, lightest SXGA+ LCOS projectors in the world.
- On Screen Guidance
- On screen help provides easy, step-by-step operation.
- 900:1 Contrast Ratio
- Be sure of sharp, vibrant images with the Realis SX80 Mark II D's exceptional 900:1 Contrast Ratio.
- Front or Rear Projection
- The SX80 Mark II D can be used for front or rear projection. An optional ceiling mount also lets you permanently install it up and out the way.
- RS-232 Control
- Direct Power On
- This Realis projector can be switched on and off from a central control terminal without having to press the buttons on the unit. This permits remote operation when the unit is mounted overhead. When the Direct Power setting is on, and power is introduced, the projector starts up automatically and is ready to display in about 20 seconds.
- Dynamic Gamma
- When dynamic gamma is on, gamma is automatically adjusted to optimum values. This feature is vital for projecting rapidly moving images. Each frame is displayed with optimum contrast balance to prevent washedout whites and blocked-up blacks.
- AC Projector Lamp
- A newly engineered AC lamp boosts the purity of projected reds and greens. Built for extended life as well, it not only ensures more vivid images, it also means a better value.
- 12X Digital Zoom
- Enlarges a selected single area of the screen, like specific data in a graph; images can be enlarged up to 12x (resolution of enlarged section is reduced).
- Lets you freeze the on-screen display for pauses in the presentation, such as changing PC connections or checking the subsequent image file.
- Worry-Free Performance
- No need to worry that the impressive performance of your Realis SX80 Mark II D won't last. The projector comes with a 3-year parts and labor limited warranty, as well as a 120-day lamp life warranty. Your only worry will be what to show next!
Canon Realis SX80 Mark II D Specifications
- Imaging Technology:
- LCD Panel System: 0.55-inch TFT Reflective Active Matrix type, 3 panels
Panel Resolution: 1400 x 1050 dots
Number of Pixels: 4,410,000 (1400 x 1050 x 3 panels)
- Aspect Ratio:
- Native Resolution:
- SXGA+ (1400 x 1050)
- 3000 ANSI Lumens
- Contrast Ratio:
- Digital Keystone:
- ± 20 degrees Vertical Adjustment (Auto/Manual)
- Projection Lens:
- f=16.6 - 24.8mm, F1.95 - 2.6
- Lens Offset:
- 10:0, Fixed
- 1.5x Powered, 12x Digital zoom
- Powered (Auto/Manual)
- Projection Image size (Diagonal):
- Adjustable from 40" to 300"
- Projection Distance / Coverage:
- 3.9 - 29.9 ft. (1.2 - 9.1m)
100-inch: 9.8 - 16.1 ft. (3.0 - 4.9m)
- Throw Ratio:
- Image Adjustment:
- Image Mode = Presentation, Movie, Standard, sRGB, Photo, DICOM Simulation Mode
Color Adjust = Dynamic Gamma, 6-Axis (RGBCMY) Color Adjustment
- Wall Correction:
- Ceiling, Rear, Ceiling and Rear, None
- Tilt Angle:
- Adjusting foot up to 10°
- Digital PC Input:
- SXGA+, SXGA, WXGA, XGA, SVGA, VGA
- Analog PC Input:
- UXGA, SXGA+, SXGA, WXGA, XGA, SVGA, VGA
- Scanning Frequency:
- 15 to 75 kHz (Horizontal)
50 to 85 Hz (Vertical)
Dot Clock: 170 MHz or less
- Analog Video Input:
- NTSC, PAL, SECAM, NTSC 4.43, PAL-M, PAL-N
- Component Video Input:
- 1080p, 1080i, 1035i, 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i
- HDMI Input:
- 1080p, 1080i, 1035i, 720p, 576p, 480p
- 29-pin DVI-I Input (HDCP Compliant) / Analog (RGB) PC input / Digital PC input / Digital video input x 1
HDMI Version 1.3 Deep Color, Digital Video and Audio (Linear PCM) Input x 1
Mini D-sub 15-pin Analog PC Input / Component Input x 1
Mini Din 4-pin S-Video Input x 1
RCA Composite Video Input x 1
Mini Jack Stereo Audio Input x 3
USB Type 'A' Connection / PictBridge Input x 1
- Mini D-sub 15-pin Analog PC Output x 1
Stereo Mini Jack Audio Output x 1
- Control Terminals:
- D-SUB 9-pin RS-232C x 1
RJ-45 Network Connection x 1
- Built-in Audio Speaker:
- 1 Watt Monaural
- Projection Lamp:
- 230W NSH (AC)
- Lamp Life (Normal/Quiet):
- 2000 / 2500 hours
- Remote Control, Wireless:
- Wireless Infrared Sensor, Front/Back
- Fan Noise (Normal/Quiet):
- 35 / 31 dB
- Power Usage (Normal/Quiet/Standby)
- 330W / 270W / 15W
- Regional Power Voltage:
- 100-120V/200-240V, 50-60 Hz Worldwide
- Operating Temperature:
- 41° to 95° F (5° to 35° C)
- Storage Temperature:
- -22° to 140° F (-30° to 60° C), 5 ~ 90% RH
- 3 Years Parts and Labor Limited Warranty, 120 Day Lamp Life Warranty
- Dimensions (W x H x D):
- 13.0" x 4.8" x 13.4" (332 x 121 x 340mm)
- 11.5 lbs. (5.2 kg)