The LV-7490 is Canon's brightest portable LCD projector. The 4000 lumens, XGA resolution and 2000:1 contrast ratio ensure images are clear, bright, clean and sharp, with crisp blacks. It's easy to use thanks to features such as Auto Setup, Auto/Manual Keystone Correction and Quick Start and Power Off. It's also designed to maximize ease of maintenance and to lower operating costs with longer lamp life, up to 5000 hours in Quiet Mode, as well as an air filter which can last up to 5500 hours in ECO mode. Whether used portably or installed, the high-performance LV-7490 has the flexibility for educators, small/startup business and traveling presenters.
With 4000 lumens of brightness and XGA-resolution (1024 x 768), the Canon LV-7490 LCD Projector is a great choice for larger environments and those with higher levels of ambient light. This portable model would be ideal for many educational institutions where students would be able to take notes without having to darken the entire classroom.
Canon LV-7490 Key Features
- Included Accessories
- Wireless Remote Control (with 2 AAA batteries)
- Soft Carrying Case
- VGA to VGA Computer Cable
- AC Power Cord
- Lens Cap (with strap)
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Precision Canon 1.2X Wide Zoom Lens With Short Throw Distance
- Whether it's precision lenses for photography, broadcast TV cameras, camcorders or projectors, the name Canon means unsurpassed optical quality, superior color and stunning clarity. The LV-7490 comes with a high-quality zoom lens that faithfully projects images, while offering ease of placement. The 1.2x Optical Zoom lens of the LV-7490 lets you locate the projector in just the right spot and pick the best screen size for the classroom, office or meeting room in which you're working. You can also feel secure in selecting the right size screen for your room, knowing that the LV-7490's lens will give you the freedom to do so. With the wide projection distance coverage of the LV-7490's lens, from 4.59 feet to 41.66 feet (screen sizes 40 inches to 300 inches), you will have outstanding flexibility in using this projector in small to moderately large spaces.
- Native XGA Resolution
- Big and bright is nothing without the sharpness and clarity of the LV-7490. The projector's Native XGA resolution (1024 x 768) means impressive video and text images. It also provides WXGA wide screen computer display support. The LV-7490 even supports UXGA (1600 x 1200) through advanced, high-quality compression, giving you brilliance that matches the brightness. The result is the image quality you've come to expect from Canon.
- 4000 ANSI Lumens
- The brighter the projector, the better you are able to deliver a quality image wherever you need to. At a brilliant 4000 ANSI Lumens, there aren't many Canon LV projectors brighter than the LV-7490. Whether it's your latest business presentation or the latest DVD release, this powerhouse gives you the brightness you need -- no matter what the lighting conditions.
- 2000:1 Contrast Ratio
- Be sure of sharp, vibrant images with the LV-7490's exceptional 2000:1 Contrast Ratio. A 2000:1 contrast ratio gives projected images crisp depth and dimension, ideal for conveying texture and materials. Colors remain crisp, with exceptional color balance, perfect for presentations incorporating high-quality, detailed visuals, such as fabrics or fine art
- Superior Connectivity
- The Canon LV-7490 portable multimedia LCD projector offers a wide array of computer, video, and audio connections for compatibility with a variety of media-display devices. The LV-7490 has component and composite video input and analog RGB PC input and output for high-definition video projection and video monitoring. An RCA pair audio input and two audio Mini-Jack stereo inputs and one output are found on the LV-7490 for relaying audio through external speakers. It provides the flexibility needed to play audio from a linked DVD or PC source. A mic input also gives the user the ability to narrate a presentation making use of the LV-7490's built-in speaker.
- Built-in RJ-45 Port Network Connection
- A built-in RJ-45 network connection allows for local and network control of several projectors from a centralized location. This makes it simple for an A/V team to operate ceiling or wall mounted installed projectors from a remote PC, allowing fewer personnel to cover a larger service area. The network connection also enables the projector to send out an email alert when an error has occurred, or when the lamp has reached the end of its life.
- Six Automatic Image Modes
- Flexible Image Settings include six automatic image modes: Presentation, Standard, High Contrast, Cinema, Blackboard (Green) and Colorboard, each one designed for a different type of projection, and manual settings to create custom presets (User 1-4).
- Standard mode gives you images closely resembling the original, with an emphasis on white areas
- Presentation mode for viewing pictures in a bright room
- High Contrast mode with improved halftones for graphics
- Cinema mode is for projecting film-based video, such as movies (DVD or HDTV)
- Blackboard (Green) provides color adjustment for images projected on a green-colored blackboard
- Colorboard provides color adjustment for images projected onto red, blue, yellow or green walls
- Automatic and Manual Digital Keystone Adjustment
- If the projector is not aligned properly with the screen (perpendicular to it), keystoning can occur. This will create a displayed image with trapezoidal shape (narrower at the bottom than top, for example). Thanks to the LV-7490's Automatic Digital Keystone Adjustment, you can be sure every presentation looks professional. Automatic Keystone Adjustment instantly corrects the image up to ±30 degrees vertically for those instances when the projector is not centered. The user can also adjust the keystone manually up to ±30 degrees.
- Auto Setup Function
- Execute the three auto setting functions of auto input, auto keystone, and auto PC with a push of a button. One push of a button automatically identifies the type of input signal (video or computer), and -- if a computer input -- automatically synchronizes the projector's display with the computer screen's pixel configuration. Auto vertical-keystone squares images when the projector is facing the screen at an angle.
- Long Lamp Life
- The Long-Life Lamp feature can provide up to 5,000 hours of operation in Quiet Mode and up to 3,000 hours of operation in Normal Mode.
- Quiet Operation: 29 dB (Quiet Mode)
- With performance like this, you might expect to have to put up with a little fan noise. But not with the LV-7490. In Quiet Mode, it gives a brilliant performance while whispering along at an extremely quiet 29 dB. Your audience will hear every word of your presentation, and you'll hear every line of dialogue in your favorite movie.
- Lightweight and Compact
- Take the LV-7490 wherever you need a sharp, brilliant presentation -- to your office or on the road. Then, take it home with you and enjoy your favorite DVD or latest digital snapshots. Imagine all this power and XGA resolution in an ultra-portable projector. That's the LV-7490! At 7.3 pounds and a trim 13.8 x 10.0 x 3.4 inches, you can take it wherever you need a brilliant performance.
- VGA (RGB Analog) Input and Output
- Component Video Input (with Optional Component Video Cable)
- S-Video and Composite Input Terminals
- 10-Watt Speaker
- Clearly hear audio in large rooms.
- Easy Access Lamp, Lamp Replacement Counter
- The lamp can be replaced without having to remove the projector from its ceiling mount thanks to the lamp being installed on the top of the projector with an easy-to-open lamp cover. In addition, a replacement counter will display a message indicating the time when the lamp and filters need to be replaced.
- High-Performance Air Filter
- The high-performance three layer hybrid filters of the LV-7490 can last up to 5,500 hours in ECO Mode. Consisting of perforated metal, urethane and metal mesh, anti-dust performance is greatly improved and filter life is dramatically lengthened over that of single layer electrostatic filters. It offers significantly reduced maintenance time.
- Closed-Captioning Display
- Closed-captioning decodes and displays closed-captioning information for added clarity during presentations. This new feature will benefit those in your audience with hearing impairments, making it easier for them to understand difficult dialog.
- Lower Power Consumption
- Stand-by power consumption in Eco Mode is now less than 1W. In Eco 2 Mode, consumption is 184W, 322W in Normal Mode.
- Quick Start and Quick Power Off
- Quick Start and Quick Power Off makes it more convenient to operate the LV-7490 and helps to lengthen lamp life. With the push of a button this projector will quickly spring into action for a spur-of-the-moment presentation, or shut-down to be packed for use in another meeting room.
Canon LV-7490 Specifications
- Imaging Technology:
- LCD Panel System: 0.63-inch TFT Active Matrix type, 3 panels
Panel Resolution: 1024 x 768 dots
Number of Pixels: 2,359,296 (1024 x 768 x 3 panels)
- Aspect Ratio:
- Native Resolution:
- XGA (1024 x 768)
- 4000 ANSI Lumens
- Contrast Ratio:
- Digital Keystone:
- (+/-) 30 degrees Vertical (Auto/Manual)
- Projection Lens:
- f=22.3 - 26.8 mm; f/1.6 - 1.76
- Lens Offset:
- 9 : 1
- 1.2x manual
- Projection Image size (Diagonal):
- Adjustable from 40" to 300"
- Projection Distance / Coverage:
- 4.59 - 41.66 ft (1.4 - 12.7 m)
- Image Adjustment:
- Image Mode = Presentation, Standard, High Contrast, Cinema, Blackboard (Green), Colorboard, User 1-4
- Ceiling, Rear, Rear-Ceiling, Upwards, Downwards
- Tilt Angle:
- Adjusting foot up to 10°
- Scanning Frequency:
- 15 to 100 kHz (Horizontal)
50 to 100 Hz (Vertical)
- Analog PC Input:
- WUXGA, UXGA, WSXGA+, SXGA+, SXGA, WXGA, XGA, SVGA, VGA, MAC
- Analog Video Input:
- NTSC, PAL, SECAM, NTSC 4.43, PAL-M, PAL-N, PAL-60
- Component Input:
- 1080i, 1035i, 720p, 575p, 575i, 480p, 480i
- Mini D-sub 15-pin Analog PC Input (RGB) / Component Input x 1
Mini D-sub 15-pin Analog PC (RGB) Input x 1 (also RGB output)
RCA Composite Video Input x 1
Mini Jack Stereo Audio Input x 2 (1 also MIC input)
RCA Stereo Audio Input (L/R) x 1
Mini Din 4-pin S-Video Input x 1
- Mini D-sub 15-pin Analog PC (RGB) Output x 1 (also RGB input)
Mini Jack Stereo Audio Output x 1
- Control Terminals:
- D-SUB 9-pin RS-232C x 1
RJ-45 Network Connection x 1
- Built-in Audio Speaker:
- 10 Watt Monaural
- Projection Lamp:
- 245 Watt UHP (AC)
- Lamp Life (Normal/Quiet):
- 3000 / 5000 hours
- Lamp Power (Normal / Eco 1 / Eco 2):
- 245W / 170W / 136 W
- Remote Control, Wireless:
- Wireless Infrared Sensor, Front
- Fan Noise (Normal/Quiet):
- 35 / 29 dB
- Power Usage (Normal / Eco 1 / Eco 2 / Standby)
- 322W / 226W / 184W / 0.5W
- Regional Power Voltage:
- 100-120, 200-240V AC, 50/60 Hz Worldwide
- Operating Temperature:
- 41° to 95° F (5° to 35° C), 20 ~ 80% RH
- Storage Temperature:
- 14° to 140° F (-10° to 60° C), 5 ~ 90% RH
- 3 Years Parts and Labor Limited Warranty, 120 Day Lamp Life Warranty
- Dimensions (W x H x D):
- Approximately 13.8 x 3.4 x 10.0 in. (350 x 87.5 x 254 mm)
- Approximately 7.3 lbs. (3.3 kg)