Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Black Digital Camera
Also available in Green and Red.
Get Black Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized U.S. Retailer for Canon
and Many Other Fine Brands!
The Canon PowerShot SX260 HS is compact and yet loaded with amazing features. It combines Canon's HS System with a GPS tracker, and a powerful 20x Optical Zoom with image stabilization. The Dynamic mode keeps movies shot at wide-angle settings stable and steady. There's a 25mm Wide-Angle Lens to get you in closer than ever, with more image in every shot, and you'll love the big 3.0-inch wide PureColor System LCD screen that's great for wide-angle viewing. Capture 1080p Full HD movies and play them back on your HDTV with the HDMI output.
Canon's HS System combines a high-sensitivity 12.1 Megapixel CMOS and the DIGIC 5 Image Processor for improved shooting in low-light situations without the need for a flash and lower noise levels at higher ISO settings. Full 1080p HD Video delivers exceptional quality with stereo sound, with a dedicated movie button for easy access. Remember where you were when your pictures were taken with a GPS tracker to record your location, and a logger to view the locations on a map via Canon's software.
Canon SX series cameras are designed for tech-savvy users looking for a little gusto in their camera with affordable high-power zoom performance. Packed with features sure to please, the PowerShot SX260 HS Digital Camera offers an array of shooting options. The PowerShot SX260 HS is packed with Canon's full range of advanced technology, for brilliant performance and images that demand attention.
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Key Features
- Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Digital Camera Supplied Accessories:
- Lithium-ion Battery Pack NB-6L
- Battery Charger CB-2LY
- Wrist Strap WS-DC11
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- High Sensitivity (HS) System
- Whether shooting a large family photo at a sunset wedding or capturing a historical monument at night, the PowerShot SX260 HS digital camera captures clear, exceptional images in low-light settings thanks to Canon's HS System. Canon's DIGIC 5 Image Processor combined with a 12-megapixel High Sensitivity CMOS sensor make up Canon's HS System. The 12-megapixel CMOS Sensor positions the light-receiving surface for optimal light reception. More light means clearer, blur-free images with plenty of detail and nuance, even in dark areas. Working together with the CMOS sensor to deliver the HS SYSTEM is Canon's advanced DIGIC 5 Image Processor, which actively reduces noise and delivers high speed image processing. The HS System enhances image quality and helps reduce noise at high ISO levels. It also helps to accentuate a number of hard-to-get details in images with decreased lighting. Canon's HS System enables users to capture dimly lit scenes without a flash, resulting in a more natural look for photos.
- Genuine Canon UA Wide-Angle Lens with 20x Optical Zoom, 80x Combined Zoom
- The PowerShot SX260 HS digital camera's precision lens allows you to shoot any scene from wide-angle to telephoto. Its 25mm wide-angle lens (35mm film equivalent) lets you capture more in every frame, so everyone fits in a family gathering shot. This 20x zoom lens has an equivalent 35mm film focal length of 25 - 500 mm (f/3.5 at wide angle and f/6.8 at telephoto). The optical zoom can be augmented by the camera's 4x digital zoom raising the maximum (35mm equivalent) focal length to that of a 2000mm lens.
Canon's heritage as an imaging company dates back over 70 years to the company's founding in 1934. Since then, Canon has worked hard to perfect the process of creating extremely high-quality optics for its line of imaging products and is now the world's largest manufacturer of cameras and lenses. Canon is a global leader in optical design, with many advanced and original technologies that allow Canon users to achieve the sharpest images possible. Pioneered by Canon, UA Lens technology makes possible compact lenses with remarkable optical performance. By using molded glass with an ultra-high refractive index in aspherical lens elements, Canon has succeeded in reducing lens size while significantly reducing image aberrations. Another stellar example of cutting-edge Canon optics, UA Lens technology helps make PowerShot digital cameras pocket-friendly and capable of astounding image quality.
- Canon Optical Image Stabilizer (IS) Technology
- Unlike electronic image stabilizer systems that typically cause degradation of image quality, Canon's Lens Shift Optical IS system is based on the advancements made in the development and refinement of Canon's EF and video lenses. The Canon Image Stabilizer uses gyroscopic sensors to detect motion and generate a corrective signal to reduce blur caused by camera movement. An image-stabilizing lens group along the optical axis is shifted in response to the detected motion, providing effective cancellation of unwanted lens movement and vibration. Result-photos taken while zoomed in and at slower shutter speeds are not blurry, even without a tripod.
- Intelligent IS
- One of the most important innovations for a point-and-shoot camera has been Image Stabilization (IS) since it helps improve image quality by reducing camera blur for both images and videos. Canon has taken this technology one step further with the Intelligent IS which automatically chooses from six different modes (Normal, Macro, Panning, Dynamic, Powered, Tripod) to optimize image stabilization and help achieve crisp, blur-free images for various shooting conditions.
- Large High-Resolution 3-inch PureColor System LCD Monitor
- The SX260 HS digital camera's 3-inch LCD screen gives you the big picture, whether you're shooting, reviewing or showing off your images. This high-resolution (461,000 dots) screen offers a crisp, clear picture to make shooting, playback and using the camera's menu functions especially convenient. Clear and bright, it also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light.
The PowerShot SX260 HS' PureColor System LCD features a greatly improved contrast ratio and reproduces color true to the real thing. Head-on or at shallow or steep viewing angles, reflections are minimized to make capturing the perfect shot easy. Images on the screen come through clear and vibrant so that composing a scene is a snap. Dust repellent, scratch resistant, Canon's durable PureColor System LCD shrugs off scrapes and grit so your vision remains uncompromised.
- GPS Tracker
- The PowerShot SX260 HS digital camera is equipped with Global Positioning System (GPS)* technology. Now you can travel the world and let the camera automatically record the locations, elevation and local times of your stills and videos for you to vividly remember time and time again! You can also maximize the usefulness of this GPS technology by using the special bundled Map Utility software that makes sharing the memories of your worldly adventures very fun. Besides displaying all your photos' locations on a world map, the SX260 HS digital camera's GPS system can also track your route from photo to photo -- a great way to visualize how much you've traveled during a particular trip! You can also create and share custom maps -- like a personal mini-travel guide -- with friends and family members to give them ideas on what to see and do when they visit a particular destination.
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- Since their groundbreaking introduction in 1999, Canon DIGIC Image Processors have set the standard for performance and brought powerful new features to PowerShot digital cameras with each successive generation. The DIGIC 4 Image Processor ushered in a new level of picture quality and accelerated processing, making possible features such as high-speed continuous shooting, Full HD Video, and improved low-light capture. The DIGIC 5 Image Processor, found in the Canon PowerShot SX260 HS, delivers higher-quality continuous rapid shooting, improved noise reduction under low light and an advanced Multi-Area White Balance system. The DIGIC 5 image processor maintains the camera's superb low-light image quality while improving overall camera operation and color accuracy. The DIGIC 5 image processor has improved noise reduction and advanced Multi-area White Balance optimizing color tones of both subject and background under multiple light sources.
- 12.1 Megapixel CMOS
- 12.1 megapixels of resolution give your photography incomparable depth and ensure that any section of any shot can be enlarged and cropped with no loss in quality when you edit the image and even in large printout. It creates crisp, clear 13" x 19" posters. Taking advantage of its own proprietary technologies, Canon develops and produces its own CMOS sensors. They fulfill the primary functions of an imaging sensor -- sensitive, accurate, low noise capture of image data -- with electrifying performance. Unlike CCD sensors, CMOS sensors convert and amplify signals before they are transferred to the image processor, enabling them to produce exceptionally clean image data and reduce power consumption by as much as 90%. They incorporate the latest in CMOS engineering advances, significantly reducing digital noise and expanding the useful ISO range.
- Full HD (1920 x 1080 Pixels at 24 fps) Movie Mode
- The Canon PowerShot SX260 HS with HD movie gives you the ultimate convenience of owning an advanced still camera that also creates superb movies. HD Movies with 1920 x 1080 pixels at 24 fps capture your memories with dazzling clarity, realism and brilliance. The PowerShot SX260 HS also includes spectacular movie functionality. With the Movie button, simply push and you can start shooting video and never miss the perfect moment. When shooting movies, you can get up close with the 14x Optical Zoom for riveting detail and realism, from the overall appearance to facial expressions! And the camera's Smart AUTO technology that helps ensure the perfect still image works to bring that same quality to your movies.
- iFrame Movie Support
- With the PowerShot SX260 HS, you can also shoot video in the Apple™ iFrame format, a computer-friendly standard that speeds up importing and editing of videos. It keeps file sizes small, making it more convenient to upload or e-mail high-quality videos. The iFrame format enjoys native support in compatible Mac and Windows video applications, making it unnecessary to perform time-consuming and often quality-degrading conversions.
- Movie Digest Mode
- Putting together a video containing highlights from family vacations, important occasions and other special events is now easier than you might imagine. Using the Movie Digest Mode, you can have the camera automatically record a short video clip (up to approximately 4 seconds) every time you shoot a still image. The camera will then combine an entire day's worth of clips into a single video. No editing required -- Movie Digest Mode does all the work, so you can sit back and enjoy your video!
- HDMI Output
- The PowerShot SX260 HS also makes it easy to enjoy HD movies and photos on your HDTV with a mini-HDMI cable for direct connection to a high-definition monitor. This allows you to enjoy the full quality of HD with no degradation of image or audio in the signal, but also improves playback functionality, letting you view up to 130 still images at once.
- ISO 3200 Sensitivity
- Canon's advanced DIGIC Image Processor enables a range of ISO equivalent settings from 100 to 3200, achieving excellent image quality under darker conditions without a flash. With camera shake greatly reduced, you can shoot high quality images in many more situations. With Canon's latest Motion Detection Technology, it's even more advanced -- it also factors in camera or subject movement when setting ISO automatically. ISO equivalents of 400 to 6400 are available when you select the Low Light Special Scene mode. Now even scenes notorious for having insufficient light, such as those lit by candles, fire, or street lamp, come through in fantastic color and clarity, with less noise. You can keep the feel of the scene intact without adding additional light, so the result will be scenes with the visual accuracy, depth and clarity you expect from a Canon camera.
- Advanced Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB Technology
- Your most cherished image often feature faces, and Canon's advanced Face Detection Technology gives every face its best chance to shine. With Canon's Advanced Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB function, the SX260 HS can detect, lock on, and track up to 35 human faces in a scene. It can even detect profiles. The face detection algorithm automatically prioritizes and selects faces (based on Canon's Intelligent Scene Analysis/iSAPS technology). It will then optimize the focus, exposure, white balance and flash to help ensure the best possible results for even easier picture taking moments. The result is flattering portraits and group shots where all of the subjects are in clearer focus and accurately exposed.
- Intelligent Contrast Correction
- DIGIC 4 also makes possible the i-Contrast (Intelligent Contrast Correction) system, which controls the compensation level in pixel units to brighten dark areas while leaving bright areas unchanged for better images where the main subject is dark, and more natural transition.
- Motion Detection Technology
- Canon's Motion Detection Technology makes it easier than ever to capture a clear, sharp image every time. As you compose your photos and snap away, it automatically optimizes ISO settings based on change of brightness and frame interval information, and motion detected by Optical Image Stabilizer, Face Detection, AE function and AF technology.
- Blink Detection
- Blinking subjects can ruin the best shots, and the problem usually isn't detected until it's too late to do anything about it. The PowerShot SX260 HS is equipped with Canon's new Blink Detection to combat this common image flaw. The feature uses the power of Face Detection to determine whether any subject in the previous shot had closed eyes. If closed eyes are detected, a "blink warning" icon appears for 3 seconds, allowing you to re-take the shot before your subject or subjects move on.
- Canon iSAPS Technology
- Over the past 68 years, Canon has accumulated a vast amount of photographic data and know-how and used it to create some of the most innovative camera products in the marketplace. Now, using that same data and know-how, Canon has developed an exclusive technology called iSAPS (Intelligent Scene Analysis based on Photographic Space) that can predict certain camera settings such as focusing distance, exposure and optimum white balance based on zoom focal length, overall light level and tonal distribution data. Canon refers to this collective data as "Photographic Space." By incorporating iSAPS technology into its PowerShot line, the cameras can analyze a scene just before the image is made and in doing so, increase the speed and precision of the camera's autofocus, auto exposure and auto white balance.
- Advanced Smart AUTO
- Smart AUTO for the PowerShot SX260 HS has been significantly expanded, making it easier than ever to capture the sharp, bright, colorful images -- and videos -- you're looking for. By assessing various factors in both the background and the subject, the system recognizes 58 predefined shooting situations and automatically selects the camera settings that will yield the best possible results. Simply frame the shot you want, and in dozens of common or challenging scenarios the camera takes care of the rest. Hard-to-capture shots such as moving subjects, night scenes, backlit subjects, and landscapes at evening or on a bright snowy day are instantly and effortlessly captured as keeper shots. Smart AUTO makes the PowerShot SX260 HS ideal for capturing excellent quality still images and video on the go.
- Face ID
- Face ID is one of the most advanced and exciting features of the PowerShot SX260 HS, giving you an easy way to improve every shot of the people you love. Simply take a picture of up to 12 faces you would like the camera to register, then enter names and ages. Once a person is registered, the camera will pick him or her out of a group (even against a busy background) and adjust focus and exposure to his or her face, even recognizing faces in profile. Face ID is particularly great for shots of babies and children. The system can pick your baby out of a group of children, focus on your baby when pictured with an adult, and capture her best smile by taking three successive images when the smile is detected. The flash is even disabled so as not to startle the baby and interrupt the moment. Older children in motion are tracked, with focus and exposure continually adjusted with Servo AF; with one shutter press three successive images are captured so the best shot is never missed. And because you'll identify each face you register, Face ID makes it easy to search images by name.
- 29 Shooting Modes, Including Aperture and Shutter Priority, 10 Special Scene Modes, 9 Creative Filter Modes
- The Canon SX260 HS offers a wide variety of shooting modes to optimize the camera's performance based on user preferences or shooting conditions. These modes include:
- Smart Auto - The camera chooses all the settings so you can concentrate on your subject (Smart Auto also available for videos).
- Easy - Easy mode is perfect for new photographers: just press the shutter button for fail-proof images.
- Program - Access advanced exposure compensation features while shooting mostly automatically.
- Shutter Speed Priority: Select from a range of shutter speeds while the camera sets an appropriate aperture.
- Aperture Priority: Set the aperture to control depth-of-field while the camera selects shutter speed.
- Manual: The ultimate in creative control, you set aperture and shutter speed.
- Live View Control
- Movie Digest Mode: Records a video clip before capturing a still image and then combines one day's worth of clips into a video.
- Discreet - Disables flash, AF assist beam, and all camera sounds with one setting.
- Movie: Standard, iFrame Movie, Super Slow Motion Movie
- 10 Special Scene Modes
- 9 Creative Filter Modes
- 10 Special Scene Modes
- The Special Scene modes allow users to achieve optimum results in popular picture-taking situations.
- Portrait - The camera sets a large aperture, focuses the subject and artistically blurs the background to make your subject "pop".
- Smooth Skin - Removes dullness, wrinkles, and harsh shadows for beautiful faces.
- Smart Shutter - Smile Self-Timer, Wink Self-Timer, Face Detection Self-Timer
- High-Speed Burst HQ - The camera shoots continuously at a high speed of approximately 10.3 fps capturing up to 10 frames while you hold down the shutter.
- Handheld Night Scene - Suppresses image blur even without the help of a tripod.
- Low Light - With ISO equivalents of 400 - 6400, the Low Light mode takes the Canon PowerShot SX260 HS bravely into the shadows -- literally.
- Underwater - Achieve natural-looking color even when shooting underwater.
- Snow - Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects and bluish tint.
- Stitch Assist - Build inspiring panoramas by neatly aligning sequential images.
- Fireworks - Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- 9 Creative Filter Modes
- The Creative Filters mode dial setting provides easy access to special filter effect and scene modes. The Canon PowerShot SX260 HS offers creative effects (Miniature Effect, Fisheye Effect) similar to those found in professional lenses.
- Fisheye Effect - Uses barrel distortion to warp the image around the center, giving a distinctive curvature effect to the photo. The curvilinear images produced by Fisheye Effect can suggest the curve of the Earth, the inside of a dome, or the image you see through the peephole of a door.
- Miniature Effect - (also available for videos) Creates an illusion where very large objects appear in miniature proportions. Turn soaring cityscapes into a scene in seemingly dollhouse-like proportions.
- Toy Camera Effect - Simulates photos taken with "toy" or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Monochrome - Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue
- Super Vivid - Intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect - Combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Color Accent - Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap - Enables users to alter specific colors in an image by sampling another color from the same image or any other image on the camera's memory card.
- Soft Focus - Creates a hazy ambiance that's perfect for portraits and wedding photos.
- Advanced Red-eye Correction
- Red-eye Correction provides three options for removing red-eye from subjects in flash pictures. The Red-eye Correction during shooting actually identifies and corrects red-eye in human subjects as pictures are taken. The SX260 HS can be set to automatically detect and correct red-eye during image playback. You can manually locate any red eyes in a scene during image playback on the LCD screen, and command the camera to remove them.
- Smart Shutter Technology (Smile Self-Timer, Wink Self-Timer, Face Detection Self-Timer)
- The Canon PowerShot SX260 HS has Smart Shutter technology, which detects faces in the scene and releases the shutter automatically in response to the appearance of an additional face, or when a smile or sassy wink occurs. These technologies help to make your photography less rushed and more natural, so getting the perfect shot is even easier.
- Smooth Skin and Soft Focus Modes
- The PowerShot SX260 HS makes it easier than ever to give your images a professional look with scene modes and creative filter modes that instantly mimic the effects of post-production editing and special filters. Smooth Skin takes away dullness, fine wrinkles and harsh shadows, subtly smoothing and brightening skin for beautiful faces. Smooth Skin Effect can be set to Low, Medium or High; Skin Tone Color can be set to Off, Lighter Skin Tone or Darker Skin Tone to counteract shadows and improve visibility. Soft Focus creates a hazy ambiance that's perfect for nostalgic portraits, romantic shots, wedding photos and more. The mode can be set to Low, Medium or High for just the right effect
- High-Speed Burst HQ
- Utilizing the increased processing speed and power of the Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor, High-Speed Burst HQ makes it possible to capture fast action stills at full resolution during continuous shooting. The results are exceptionally high-quality images recorded in rapid sequence. In this mode, the PowerShot SX260 HS can capture a maximum of 10 shots in a single burst at a continuous shooting speed of approximately 10.3 fps.
- Handheld Night Scene
- Handheld Night Scene helps you capture beautiful night shots without a tripod and without the blur and noise typical in nighttime shooting. The feature uses optical image stabilization combined with electronic image composition. Several shots are taken in succession and then combined into one shot, effectively reducing camera shake and producing beautifully clear, dramatic nighttime images.
- Direct Printing
- You've taken the picture, reviewed it, like it and can not wait to print it out. What next? Direct Printing significantly expands the appeal of the PowerShot SX260 HS digital camera by making it simple, quick and convenient to produce high-quality photos without the need for a personal computer. Simply connect the SX260 HS directly to a Canon Compact or Canon Direct Photo Printer, as well as PictBridge compatible printer and press the blue lighted Print/Share button on the back of the SX260 HS and you are printing. Beyond its Direct Print capability with Canon's Compact Photo Printers and acclaimed Canon Direct Photo Printers, the camera is also PictBridge compatible, an industry standard that offers the flexibility of direct printing to other brands of PictBridge compatible printers.
The PowerShot SX260 HS digital camera supports Exif Print, a worldwide standard that transfers important camera settings and data from the camera to the printer ensuring the photos you print will look true to life. Moreover, DPOF 1.1 (Digital Print Order Format) lets users specify the images to be printed or execute batch printing of selected images.
- SDHC / SDXC / SD Memory Card Compatibility
- The PowerShot SX260 HS is compatible with the newest SDXC memory cards. This next-generation storage features massively increased capacity (up to 2 terabytes) and notably faster operation.
- Noise Reduction
- Experienced photographers know that high ISO speeds can coincide with increased levels of noise: aberrant or stray signals that degrade image quality. With Canon's exclusive DIGIC 5 Image Processor, there is no need for compromise. DIGIC 5 offers a major boost in noise reduction signal processing to compensate for the higher ISO settings it enables.
- Fast and Responsive Shutter
- The Canon PowerShot SX260 HS has a maximum shutter speed of 1/3200 second and can capture full-resolution still photos continuously at rates up to 2.4 fps.
- White Balance Control
- A choice of preset White Balance settings gives you natural-looking images under almost any lighting condition. There's Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash and Underwater. Select the one that fits your environment. You can also create and store a custom setting by focusing on a piece of white paper under your light source.
- My Colors Function
- My Colors lets you customize color before shooting and correct individual colors on the LCD screen as you shoot! Whether the desired effect is to make the color more real or surreal, these digital dynamos are capable of capturing and saving both the original still image and the enhanced color versions as separate files on the camera's SD memory card. Where previously, users could only enable "My Colors" while shooting, the current iteration permits captured images to be retouched as well, without the need for special software applications or tools.
Twelve modes offer many options:
- Vivid Green - Add vivid dimension to greens for extraordinary nature shots.
- Vivid Red - Charge up red objects in your images for extra impact.
- Vivid Blue - Emphasize the sea, sky, or other blue areas.
- Lighter Skin Tone - Lighten your subjects' skin tones paler.
- Darker Skin Tone - Darken skin tones a shade.
- Color Accent - Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap - Enables users to alter specific colors in an image by sampling another color from the same image or any other image on the camera's memory card.
- Positive Film - Combines Vivid Red, Vivid Green and Vivid Blue to achieve a positive film effect.
- Neutral Color - Produces images of subtle, elegant tonality.
- Sepia - Recreates the look of vintage photographs.
- Black & White - Delivers enhanced clarity -- especially useful when shooting text.
- Custom Color - Set balance of red, green, blue and skin colors; finely adjust brightness and vividness.
- Evaluative Metering, Center-Weighted Average Metering and Spot Metering
- Three light-metering modes are available for precise exposure. Canon's sophisticated Evaluative metering is the ideal metering choice for most situations. There's also Center-weighted metering, which is perfect for shooters who prefer to dial in their own exposure compensation. Finally, for the utmost precision, there's Spot metering -- which can measure a tiny area at the center of the image.
- High-Speed USB 2.0
- The pace of image transfer is accelerated (when used with a USB 2.0 compatible computer, printer or other peripheral) thanks to the inclusion of a High-Speed USB 2.0 port. The USB 2.0 port is backwards compatible (at no increased speed) with computers featuring standard USB 1.1 connections.
- Built-in Pop-up Flash
- Shooting with flash never slows down the action. The Built-in Pop-up Flash retracts when not in use, and you can opt to allow the flash to pop up and fire automatically whenever the camera detects a low ambient light situation. The camera's 3-mode built-in flash includes Red-Eye Reduction.
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Specifications
- Type of Camera:
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash and Optical image stabilizer (OIS) system, 20x optical zoom / 4x digital zoom / 80x combined zoom
- Image Capture Device:
- 12.8 million pixel gross, 1/2.3-inch CMOS, Approx. 12.1 Million Effective Pixels
- 4.5 - 90.0 mm, f/3.5 - f/6.8 zoom lens (equivalent to 25 - 500 mm in 35mm format)
- Digital Zoom
- Focus Range:
- 2 in../5cm-Infinity (WIDE), 3.3 ft./1m-Infinity (TELE);
Macro: 2.0 in.-1.6 ft./5-50cm (WIDE)
- Focus System
- TTL Autofocus, Manual focus
- Maximum Aperture
- f/3.5 (W), f/6.8 (T)
- Shutter Speed:
- 1 - 1/3200 sec.
15 - 1/3200 sec. (Total shutter speed range)
- ISO Sensitivity:
- Auto, or User Set ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 equivalent (Standard Output Sensitivity. Recommended Exposure Index)
- Exposure Control:
- Program AE, Manual, i-Contrast, Program Shift, Safety Shift; AE Lock
- Light Metering Method:
- Evaluative (Control to incorporate facial brightness in Face Detection AF), Center-weighted average or Spot metering (Metering frame when spot is center fixed)
- Exposure Compensation:
- +/- 2.0 EV in 1/3 step increments
- White Balance Control:
- Auto*, Pre-set (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Underwater) and Custom White Balance
- Built-in Flash Modes:
- Auto, Auto with Red-eye Correction, Flash On, Flash On with Red-eye Reduction, Flash Of, Slow Synchro
- Flash Range (when sensitivity is set to ISO Auto):
- 1.6 - 11 ft. / 0.5m - 3.5m (W), 3.3 - 6.6 ft. / 1.0m - 2.0m (T)
Image brightness may diminish depending on the shooting distance
- Flash Recycling Time:
- 10 sec. or less (battery voltage=3.7V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation:
- +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Modes:
- Auto (Smart Auto also available for videos), P, Av, Tv, M, Easy, Live View Control, Movie Digest, Special Scene [Portrait, Smart Shutter (Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Detection Self-timer), Low Light, High-speed Burst HQ, Handheld Night Scene, Underwater, Snow, Fireworks, Stitch Assist, Smooth Skin], Creative Filter (Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Soft Focus, Color Accent, Color Swap), Discreet, Movie (Standard, iFrame Movie, Super Slow Motion Movie).
- Photo Effect:
- My Colors: Off, Vivid, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Custom Color (adjustment of contrast sharpness, saturation, red, green, blue and skin tone are available)
- Approx. 10-sec. delay
Approx. 2-sec. delay
Custom: shooting start time (0-15 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1-10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified
- Continuous Shooting
- Normal: Approx. 2.4 shots/sec. (in P mode)
Approx. 10.3 shots/sec. (in High-speed Burst HQ mode, max. of 10 continuous shots per burst)
AF: Approx. 0.8 shots/sec. (in P mode)
Approx. 0.8 shots/sec. (in Low Light mode)
LV: Approx. 0.9 shots/sec. (in P mode)
Approx. 0.9 shots/sec. (in Low Light mode)
- Wireless Control:
- LCD Monitor:
- 3.0-inch TFT color LCD widescreen with wide viewing angle, Approx. 461,000 pixels, LCD Coverage 100%
- Resolution (Recording Pixels):
- Still Image 16:9 - 4000 x 2248 (Large), 2816 x 1584 (Medium 1), 1920 x 1080 (Medium 2), 640 x 360 (Small)
Still Image 3:2 - 4000 x 2664 (Large), 2816 x 1880 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1064 (Medium 2), 640 x 424 (Small)
Still Image 4:3 - 4000 x 3000 (Large), 2816 x 2112 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1200 (Medium 2), 640 x 480 (Small)
Still Image 1:1 - 2992 x 2992 (Large), 2112 x 2112 (Medium 1), 1200 x 1200 (Medium 2), 480 x 480 (Small)
Movie - Full HD: 1920 x 1080 (24 fps**), HD: 1280 x 720 (30 fps*), 640 x 480 (30 fps*)
Super Slow Motion Movie - 640 x 480 (120 fps shooting, 30 fps* playback), 320 x 240 (240 fps shooting, 30 fps* playback)
iFrame Movie, Video made in Movie Digest mode - 1280 x 720 (30 fps*)
Miniature Effect - HD: 1280 x 720 (6 fps, 3 fps or 1.5 fps shooting, 30 fps* playback); 640 x 480 (6 fps, 3 fps or 1.5 fps)
- File Size: (average)
- 4:3 Small/Fine - 150 KB
- 4:3 Small/Super Fine - 249 KB
- 4:3 Med. 2/Fine - 558 KB
- 4:3 Med. 2/Super Fine - 1002 KB
- 4:3 Med. 1/Fine - 1620 KB
- 4:3 Med. 1/Super Fine - 2720 KB
- 4:3 Large/Fine - 3084 KB
- 4:3 Large/Super Fine - 5208 KB
- 4:3 Low Light/Fine - 836 KB
- 16:9 Large/Fine - 2311 KB
- 16:9 Large/Super Fine - 3903 KB
- 3:2 Large/Fine - 2738 KB
- 3:2 Large/Super Fine - 4625 KB
- 1:1 Large/Fine - 2301 KB
- 1:1 Large/Super Fine- 3885 KB
- Movie Full High Definition 1920 x 1080, 24 fps** - 4355 KB/sec.
- Movie High Definition 1280 x 720, 30 fps* - 3054 KB/sec.
- Movie 640 x 480, 30 fps* - 1416 KB/sec.
- Movie 320 x 240, 30 fps* - 495 KB/sec.
- Image Storage Capacity:
- JPEG Compression Modes:
- Fine, Super Fine
- File Format:
- Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF Version 1.1 compliant (Digital Print Order Format)
- Image Recording Format:
- Still Image: JPEG (Exif 2.3 compliant); Movie: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM Stereo)
- Recording Media:
- SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Playback Modes:
- Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal detection), Image Advance (Operation Tools, Transition effects, Scroll Display, Active Display), Rotate, Favorites, My Category, Smart Shuffle, Group Playback, Movie Digest, Slide Show (Playback Interval, Repeat, Effect, Playlist), Image Search
Still Image: Single, Index (6-130 thumbnails), Magnification (approx. 2x-10x), Information Display, My Colors, Histogram, Overexposure Warning, Red-eye Correction, Trimming, Resize, Focus Check, i-Contrast
Movies: Normal Playback (audio settings available in 5 levels), skip backward (approximately 4 seconds), next frame, previous frame, skip forward (approximately 4 seconds)
- Erase Modes:
- Select image, Select Range, All images. The image data in the memory cared stored with the Design rule for Camera File systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).
Using the Movie editing function, sections of the movie (1 sec. increments) can be deleted.
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
Video Output: NTSC or PAL selectable (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
Audio Out: Stereo (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
Other: Mini-HDMI cable: connection to high definition monitor; SD Memory card slot; Direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable.
- Power Sources:
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery NB-6L
AC Adapter Kit CA-DC40 (optional)
- Shooting Capacity:
- Still Image*: approx. 230 shots
Playback Time: Approx. 5 hours
- Operating Range:
- Operating Temperature: 32 - 104º F (0 - 40º C); Operating Humidity 10 - 90%
- Dimensions (W x H x D):
- 4.19 x 2.40 x 1.29 in. (106.3 x 61.0 x 32.7 mm)
- Approx. 8.15 oz. (231 g) including battery and memory card
Approx. 7.34 oz. (208 g) camera body only