Canon PowerShot S110 10-Megapixel Digital Camera
Also available in black.
Get White Canon PowerShot S110 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized U.S. Retailer for Canon
and Many Other Fine Brands!
Style, performance and wireless connectivity fit into your pocket with the Canon PowerShot S110 digital camera. Built-in Wi-Fi features allow the camera to share images and video to social networking sites through the Canon iMAGE GATEWAY* or to Wi-Fi enabled devices such as iOS or Android smartphones and tablets** with the free download of the Canon CameraWindow app***, or to other select PowerShot cameras, or to a PC. The advanced wireless features let the camera act as a wireless network and record GPS data**** acquired from a smartphone using the free download of the Canon CameraWindow app, or send images directly to a Wi-Fi compatible printer (DPS over IP compatible printer required).
The PowerShot S110 includes a 24mm wide-angle lens with 5x optical zoom and bright f/2.0 aperture ideal for low-light photography or soft backgrounds with shallow depth of field. Featuring Canon's HS System, the PowerShot S110 camera's DIGIC 5 image processor and Canon 1/1.7-inch 12.1-megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS image sensor work together to enhance low-light image quality at a maximum ISO speed of 12800. As with the PowerShot S110, the PowerShot S110 also features advancements in Canon's AF system with improved AF times and reduced lag over previous S-series models. These AF improvements also enhance the High-Speed Burst HQ mode allowing for continuous capture of up to 10 frames at 12.1-megapixels.
The video capabilities of the PowerShot S110 are equally impressive with 1080p Full HD video, built-in stereo microphone, optical zoom while shooting, and convenient playback via HDMI output. Camera menu navigation, image playback and viewing has been made simple and intuitive with a 3.0-inch wide capacitive touch panel LCD screen, along with Canon's Touch Shutter feature, which makes shooting easy and interactive. The camera's Intelligent IS system matches the shooting conditions with one of six stabilization modes for smooth video and sharp images.
Canon PowerShot S110 Key Features
- Canon PowerShot S110 Digital Camera Supplied Accessories:
- Lithium Battery Pack NB-5L
- Battery Charger CB-2LX
- Neck Strap WS-DC11
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Canon Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- High Sensitivity (HS) System
- Whether shooting a large family photo at a sunset wedding or capturing a historical monument at night, the PowerShot S110 digital camera captures clear, exceptional images in low-light settings thanks to Canon's HS System. Canon's DIGIC 5 Image Processor combined with a 12-megapixel High Sensitivity CMOS sensor make up Canon's HS System. The 12-megapixel CMOS Sensor positions the light-receiving surface for optimal light reception. More light means clearer, blur-free images with plenty of detail and nuance, even in dark areas. Working together with the CMOS sensor to deliver the HS SYSTEM is Canon's advanced DIGIC 5 Image Processor, which actively reduces noise and delivers high speed image processing. The HS System enhances image quality and helps reduce noise at high ISO levels. It also helps to accentuate a number of hard-to-get details in images with decreased lighting. Canon's HS System enables users to capture dimly lit scenes without a flash, resulting in a more natural look for photos. When used together, Canon's HS System and the f/2.0 lens in the PowerShot S110 camera, enables users to capture dimly lit scenes without a flash, resulting in a more natural look for photos.
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- Since their groundbreaking introduction in 1999, Canon DIGIC Image Processors have set the standard for performance and brought powerful new features to PowerShot digital cameras with each successive generation. The DIGIC 4 Image Processor ushered in a new level of picture quality and accelerated processing, making possible features such as high-speed continuous shooting, Full HD Video, and improved low-light capture. The DIGIC 5 Image Processor, found in the Canon PowerShot S110, delivers higher-quality continuous rapid shooting, improved noise reduction under low light and an advanced Multi-Area White Balance system. The DIGIC 5 image processor maintains the camera's superb low-light image quality while improving overall camera operation and color accuracy. The DIGIC 5 image processor has improved noise reduction and advanced Multi-area White Balance optimizing color tones of both subject and background under multiple light sources.
- 12.1 Megapixel CMOS
- 12.1 megapixels of resolution give your photography incomparable depth and ensure that any section of any shot can be enlarged and cropped with no loss in quality when you edit the image and even in large printout. It creates crisp, clear 13" x 19" posters. Taking advantage of its own proprietary technologies, Canon develops and produces its own CMOS sensors. They fulfill the primary functions of an imaging sensor -- sensitive, accurate, low noise capture of image data -- with electrifying performance. Unlike CCD sensors, CMOS sensors convert and amplify signals before they are transferred to the image processor, enabling them to produce exceptionally clean image data and reduce power consumption by as much as 90%. They incorporate the latest in CMOS engineering advances, significantly reducing digital noise and expanding the useful ISO range.
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- The PowerShot S110 is equipped with built-in Wi-Fi for on-the-go convenience when you want to share what you've recorded with friends, family and the whole world. The camera makes it easy to connect directly to both iOS and Android devices*, and upload images via the free Canon CameraWindow app**. Using CANON iMAGE GATEWAY (one-time registration required), you can easily post your images to your favorite social networking sites to update friends and family while you're traveling or just out and about. Even without a mobile device, you can send images to a PC, share images between Wi-Fi enabled PowerShot cameras and you can even print in a snap by sending your images wirelessly to a Wi-Fi compatible printer (DPS over IP certified printer required).
- Genuine Canon Lens - 24mm Wide-Angle 5x Optical Zoom Bright f/2.0 Lens
- With a Canon 5x optical zoom lens (5.2-26.0mm f/2.0-5.9) with a 35mm film equivalent of 24 - 1205mm, and Optical Image Stabilizer Technology, the PowerShot S110 is suitable for almost anything including landscape, action, portrait and macro photography. It can focus from 1.2 inches (Macro mode) to infinity, and utilizes Canon's superlative TTL AF system. It sports Canon's exclusive Optical Image Stabilizer that detects and effectively cancels camera shake, perfect for shooting in dim lighting situations, indoors without a flash and at the end of the zoom range. This bright f/2.0 lens is great for shooting in low-light conditions or using a shallow depth of field for great images with beautiful soft backgrounds.
Canon's heritage as an imaging company dates back over 70 years to the company's founding in 1934. Since then, Canon has worked hard to perfect the process of creating extremely high-quality optics for its line of imaging products and is now the world's largest manufacturer of cameras and lenses. Canon is a global leader in optical design, with many advanced and original technologies that allow Canon users to achieve the sharpest images possible.
- Canon Optical Image Stabilizer (IS) Technology
- Unlike electronic image stabilizer systems that typically cause degradation of image quality, Canon's Lens Shift Optical IS system is based on the advancements made in the development and refinement of Canon's EF and video lenses. The Canon Image Stabilizer uses gyroscopic sensors to detect motion and generate a corrective signal to reduce blur caused by camera movement. An image-stabilizing lens group along the optical axis is shifted in response to the detected motion, providing effective cancellation of unwanted lens movement and vibration. Result-photos taken while zoomed in and at slower shutter speeds are not blurry, even without a tripod.
- Intelligent IS
- One of the most important innovations for a point-and-shoot camera has been Image Stabilization (IS) since it helps improve image quality by reducing camera blur for both images and videos. Canon has taken this technology one step further with the Intelligent IS which automatically chooses from six different modes (Normal, Macro, Panning, Dynamic, Powered, Tripod) to optimize image stabilization and help achieve crisp, blur-free images for various shooting conditions.
- Wirelessly Add GPS+ Data To Your Camera's Images Recorded On Your Smartphone
- With Global Positioning System (GPS)* technology you can travel the world and record the locations, elevation and local times of your stills and videos for you to vividly remember time and time again! The PowerShot S110 with its built-in Wi-Fi allows you to tag images with GPS+ data recorded by your smartphone loaded with the free Canon CameraWindow app**. With an easy setup, your smartphone will record location data such as latitude, longitude, altitude and shooting time. Then after you're done shooting, simply transfer the location data to wirelessly add the information to the images in camera. Perfect for organizing albums and vacation photos, this feature ensures you'll always know where and when your images were recorded.
- 3-inch PureColor Touch Panel LCD Monitor With Wide Viewing Angle
- Anyone familiar with today's touch screens will feel comfortable using the PowerShot S110 right away. The big 3.0-inch PureColor System LCD responds to familiar one- and two-finger touch operations. Users can spread and pinch to change the magnification in playback, drag two fingers to switch display, use the easy interactive Touch Shutter, and quickly select camera settings. You can even adjust the panel's touch sensitivity to your liking. The camera's sophisticated control ring, located at the base of the lens barrel, can be used in conjunction with the Touch Panel to conveniently access a range of additional actions.
The PowerShot S110's 461,000 pixel 3-inch PureColor LCD features great contrast and color reproduction, which greatly increases the viewing angle for composing shots above or below the head. On the face of the LCD, there is a protective cover finished with multiple coatings to prevent smudging, scratches and reflection. The LCD screen offers a tremendous live preview of your image with all shooting data displayed. It even offers a real-time histogram to help fine-tune exposure and it can display the camera's ISO, aperture and shutter speed.
- Full HD (1920 x 1080 Pixels at 24 fps) Movie Mode
- The Canon PowerShot S110 with HD movie gives you the ultimate convenience of owning an advanced still camera that also creates superb movies. HD Movies with 1920 x 1080 pixels at 24 fps capture your memories with dazzling clarity, realism and brilliance. The PowerShot S110 also includes spectacular movie functionality. With the Movie button, simply push and you can start shooting video and never miss the perfect moment. When shooting movies, you can get up close with the 5x Optical Zoom for riveting detail and realism, from the overall appearance to facial expressions! And the camera's Smart AUTO technology that helps ensure the perfect still image works to bring that same quality to your movies.
- Movie Digest Mode
- Putting together a video containing highlights from family vacations, important occasions and other special events is now easier than you might imagine. Using the Movie Digest Mode, you can have the camera automatically record a short video clip (up to approximately 4 seconds) every time you shoot a still image. The camera will then combine an entire day's worth of clips into a single video. No editing required -- Movie Digest Mode does all the work, so you can sit back and enjoy your video!
- HDMI Output
- The PowerShot S110 also makes it easy to enjoy HD movies and photos on your HDTV with a mini-HDMI cable for direct connection to a high-definition monitor. This allows you to enjoy the full quality of HD with no degradation of image or audio in the signal, but also improves playback functionality, letting you view up to 130 still images at once.
- iFrame Movie Support
- With the PowerShot S110, you can also shoot video in the Apple™ iFrame format, a computer-friendly standard that speeds up importing and editing of videos. It keeps file sizes small, making it more convenient to upload or e-mail high-quality videos. The iFrame format enjoys native support in compatible Mac and Windows video applications, making it unnecessary to perform time-consuming and often quality-degrading conversions.
- High Speed AF
- The PowerShot S110 is equipped with Canon's latest advancement in AF technology: High Speed AF. The result of several improved technologies, High Speed AF delivers significantly faster focus speed for a super-responsive shooting experience that lets you capture every great shot as it happens. Thanks to High Speed AF, the PowerShot S110's shooting time lag is dramatically reduced to only 0.25 second. The technology also powers the camera's new High-Speed Burst HQ, with continuous capture at a maximum speed of approximately 10 fps. Moreover, images captured in High-Speed Burst HQ maintain the camera's superb image quality.
- RAW File Format, Simultaneous JPEG and RAW Image Capture
- As with many EOS DSLR cameras, the PowerShot S110 uses a 12-bit converter to process the output of the CMOS sensor, resulting in true color, smooth tonal transitions and natural gradations. The PowerShot S110 offers you the choice to shoot in uncompressed RAW format. This gives you the highest possible resolution and offers no-compromise creative control in post-processing. When RAW images are transferred to a computer, they can then be edited using image adjustment programs like Canon's DPP software, meaning parameters like white balance, sharpness, color space and more can be applied post-shooting. The S110 can also be set to record both JPEG and RAW images simultaneously, providing JPEG image files that can be printed and shared immediately, while saving the RAW file for archiving and later use. Now in RAW mode, you can even select among several aspect ratios, including 16:9, 3:2, 4:3, 1:1, and 4:5.
As for another advantage of shooting in RAW format, you can control noise that tends to occur when shooting high speed or long exposure (Adaptive Noise Control level between 0 and 10). The RAW images can be sharper than JPEG images. With RAW files, no matter what setting is used for a shot, parameters such as color balance, noise reduction, exposure and sharpness can be revisited and changed on a computer screen. The S110 is designed to speedily process image data, capturing both JPEG and RAW images simultaneously so each image is saved quickly and the camera is ready to capture another shot right away. You can enjoy image quality and performance on par with professional digital SLR cameras without the bulk.
- Advanced Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB Technology
- Your most cherished image often feature faces, and Canon's advanced Face Detection Technology gives every face its best chance to shine. With Canon's Advanced Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB function, the S110 can detect, lock on, and track up to 35 human faces in a scene. It can even detect profiles. The face detection algorithm automatically prioritizes and selects faces (based on Canon's Intelligent Scene Analysis/iSAPS technology). It will then optimize the focus, exposure, white balance and flash to help ensure the best possible results for even easier picture taking moments. The result is flattering portraits and group shots where all of the subjects are in clearer focus and accurately exposed.
- ISO 12800 Sensitivity
- The 12.1 Megapixel Canon CMOS sensor in the PowerShot S110 incorporates advanced light reception technology that enhances sensitivity. The DIGIC 5 Image Processor provides a major boost in noise reduction, expanding the usable ISO range to an amazing high of ISO 12800. The Canon HS System thus lets you use higher shutter speeds to capture clearer images with reduced noise and blur.
- Shooting Modes, Including Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Special Scene Modes
- The Canon PowerShot S110 offers a wide variety of shooting modes to optimize the camera's performance based on user preferences or shooting conditions. These modes include:
- SMART Auto: The camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity (also available for video).
- Program (P): Set almost all parameters yourself, while the camera selects aperture and shutter speed.
- Shutter Speed Priority (Tv): Select from a wide range of shutter speeds while the camera sets an appropriate aperture.
- Aperture Priority (Av): Set the aperture to control depth-of-field while the camera selects shutter speed.
- Manual (M): The ultimate in creative control, you set aperture and shutter speed.
- Custom: Define and store your own settings to achieve the effects you prefer.
- Movie Digest: Records a video clip before capturing a still image and then combines one day's worth of clips into a video. Now easily playback and review clips, and delete unwanted scenes
- Movie: Standard, iFrame, Super Slow Motion. Record up to 1080p Full HD video in stereo sound. Unwanted scenes can be deleted in playback mode.
- 9 Special Scene Modes
- 11 Creative Filter Modes
- 9 Special Scene Modes
- Portrait - The camera sets a large aperture, focuses the subject and artistically blurs the background to make your subject "pop".
- Smooth Skin - Removes dullness, wrinkles, and harsh shadows for beautiful faces
- Smart Shutter - Smile Self-Timer, Wink Self-Timer, Face Detection Self-Timer
- Snow - Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects and bluish tint.
- Fireworks - Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Underwater - Achieve natural-looking color even when shooting underwater.
- Stitch Assist - Build inspiring panoramas by neatly aligning sequential images.
- High-Speed Burst - The camera captures fast-action shots at full sensor resolution, by shooting continuously when the shutter button is held down.
- Handheld Night Scene - Suppresses image blur even without the help of a tripod.
- 11 Creative Filter Modes
- The Creative Filters mode dial setting provides easy access to special filter effect and scene modes. The Canon PowerShot S110 offers creative effects (Miniature Effect, Fisheye Effect) similar to those found in professional lenses.
- Fisheye Effect - Uses barrel distortion to warp the image around the center, giving a distinctive curvature effect to the photo. The curvilinear images produced by Fisheye Effect can suggest the curve of the Earth, the inside of a dome, or the image you see through the peephole of a door.
- Miniature Effect - (also available for videos) Creates an illusion where very large objects appear in miniature proportions. Turn soaring cityscapes into a scene in seemingly dollhouse-like proportions.
- Toy Camera Effect - Simulates photos taken with "toy" or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Monochrome - Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue
- Nostalgic - Creates the look and feel of old photographs using sepia tones and saturation.
- High Dynamic Range - Takes three shots, of the same scene, in different exposures in succession and combines all three images together to capture an image with flattering shadows and highlights. A tripod is required.
- Soft Focus - Creates a hazy ambiance perfect for portraits and wedding photos
- Super Vivid - Intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect - Combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Color Accent - Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap - Enables users to alter specific colors in an image by sampling another color from the same image or any other image on the camera's memory card.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) Mode
- Excellent for outdoor shooting, the in-camera, HDR scene mode helps shooters capture the full magnitude of a scene that consists of very dark tones and bright highlights. With the use of a tripod, one push of the shutter button yields three sequential images with various exposures, and then combines them into a single optimized image within the camera. As a result, the image showcases a better range of depth and detail found in natural settings.
- Control Ring
- Focus, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, step zoom, exposure compensation, aspect ratio, i-Contrast, or white balance can be adjusted more quickly and conveniently with the PowerShot S110's control ring. Located at the base of the lens barrel, the ring is more intuitive than other types of controls for many experienced photographers. The functions that can be assigned to the control ring vary with shooting mode, and you can set your preferences quickly using the dedicated ring function selector button.
- Intelligent Contrast Correction
- DIGIC 5 also makes possible the i-Contrast (Intelligent Contrast Correction) system, which controls the compensation level in pixel units to brighten dark areas while leaving bright areas unchanged for better images where the main subject is dark, and more natural transition.
- Canon iSAPS Technology
- Over the past 70 years, Canon has accumulated a vast amount of photographic data and know-how and used it to create some of the most innovative camera products in the marketplace. Now, using that same data and know-how, Canon has developed an exclusive technology called iSAPS (Intelligent Scene Analysis based on Photographic Space) that can predict certain camera settings such as focusing distance, exposure and optimum white balance based on zoom focal length, overall light level and tonal distribution data. Canon refers to this collective data as "Photographic Space." By incorporating iSAPS technology into its PowerShot line, the cameras can analyze a scene just before the image is made and in doing so, increase the speed and precision of the camera's autofocus, auto exposure and auto white balance.
- SDHC / SDXC / SD Memory Card Compatibility
- The PowerShot S110 is compatible with the newest SDHC memory cards.
- Noise Reduction
- Experienced photographers know that high ISO speeds can coincide with increased levels of noise: aberrant or stray signals that degrade image quality. With Canon's exclusive DIGIC 5 Image Processor, there is no need for compromise. DIGIC 5 offers a major boost in noise reduction signal processing to compensate for the higher ISO settings it enables.
- Powerful Built-in Flash
- For creative flash photography, the PowerShot S110 digital camera includes a built-in flash with red-eye reduction. The flash can be operated manually or automatically.
- Manual Controls
- Knowledgeable users can tailor shutter speed, aperture, focus and exposure control to match the photographic conditions and their own creative vision.
- My Colors Feature For Color Customization
- Canon's My Colors mode provides PowerShot S110 users with an incredible range of creative photo effects, which can be accessed directly from the camera with no need for post-processing in a computer. Users can adjust a specific color within an image to modify the look and feel of their picture. Available My Color playback modes include Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, and Vivid Red; lighter and darker skin tones, as well as options for creating black & white, sepia, neutral and positive film effects.
- Vivid Green - Add vivid dimension to greens for extraordinary nature shots.
- Vivid Red - Charge up red objects in your images for extra impact.
- Vivid Blue - Emphasize the sea, sky, or other blue areas.
- Lighter Skin Tone - Lighten your subjects' skin tones paler.
- Darker Skin Tone - Darken skin tones a shade.
- Black & White
- Positive Film - Combines Vivid Red, Vivid Green and Vivid Blue to achieve a positive film effect.
- Custom Color - Set balance of red, green, blue and skin colors; finely adjust brightness and vividness.
- TTL Auto White Balance, Preset and Custom White Balance
- To ensure the perfect exposure in any situation, the PowerShot S110 offers the characteristics of virtually every type of film in traditional photography.
- Direct Printing
- As with all of Canon's digital cameras, the PowerShot S110 digital camera offers Direct Printing, making it simple, quick and convenient to produce high-quality photos without the need for a computer. Other printing enhancements include ID Photo Print allowing the user to make ID photo size prints by cropping the image to the required ID size. The camera offers 28 different sizes providing ID photo dimensions for use in countries around the world. Movie Print enables the user to print a series of still images from a recorded movie onto a single sheet in the form of an index print.
- Real Time Histogram
- Real time histogram while shooting to check exposure levels.
- Fast and Agile Shutter
- The PowerShot S110 has a shutter speed that extends from 15 seconds to a fast 1/2000 of a second. Slow shutter operates with noise reduction.
- Selectable Light Metering
- The PowerShot S110 provides a range of Canon's highly advanced exposure features that offer greater control and greater convenience. Selectable Light Metering offers three settings. In the Evaluative setting, the camera reads multiple points across the frame for optimal overall exposure. The Spot Metering setting concentrates on a single area of the image for greater precision in high contrast situations. Centerweighted Averaging Metering, with emphasis on the center of the viewfinder, averages metering out over the entire picture area.
Canon PowerShot S110 Specifications
- Type of Camera:
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash and Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) System, 5x Optical / 4x Digital / 20x Combined Zoom
- Image Capture Device:
- 13.3 million pixel gross, 1/1.7-inch CMOS, Approx. 12.1 Million Effective Pixels
- 5.2 - 26.0 mm f/2.0 - f/5.9 zoom lens (equivalent to 24 - 120 mm in 35mm format)
- Optical Zoom:
- Digital Zoom:
- Focus Range:
- Auto: 1.2 in. /3 cm - infinity (W), 12 in. / 30 cm - infinity (T)
Normal AF: 2.0 in. / 5 cm - infinity (W), 12 in. / 30 cm - infinity (T)
Macro AF: 1.2 in. - 1.6 ft. / 3 - 50 cm (WIDE), 12 in. - 1.6 ft. / 30 - 50 cm (T)
Manual Focus: 1.2 in. / 3 cm - infinity (W), 12 in. / 30 cm - infinity (T)
- Autofocus System:
- TTL Autofocus, Manual
- Maximum Aperture:
- f/2.0 (W) - f/5.9 (T)
- Shutter Speed:
- 1 - 1/2000 sec.
15 - 1/2000 sec. (in Tv and M modes)
- ISO Sensitivity:
- Auto; ISO 80 - 12800 (Standard output sensitivity. Recommended exposure index)
- Light Metering Method:
- Evaluative metering (Control to incorporate facial brightness in Face Detection AF), Center-weighted average metering, Spot metering*
- Exposure Control:
- Program AE, Manual; AE Lock, Program Shift, Safety Shift
- Exposure Compensation:
- +/- 3.0 EV in 1/3-stop increments (available for video but not available during video shooting)
- White Balance Control:
- Auto (The color of faces is evaluated in Face AiAF), Pre-set (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Underwater) and Custom White Balance (Custom 1, Custom 2)
- Built-in Flash Modes:
- Auto (Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect), Flash On, Slow Synchro, Flash Off
- Flash Range (when sensitivity is set to ISO Auto):
- 1.6 - 23 ft. / 0.5 - 7.0 m (W), 1.6 - 7.5 ft. / 0.5 - 2.3 m (T)
Image brightness may diminish with greater shooting distances.
- Flash Recycling Time:
- 10 sec. or less (battery voltage=3.7V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation:
- ±2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- LCD Screen:
- 3.0" TFT color Touch-screen panel LCD with wide viewing angle, Approx. 461,000 pixels, LCD Coverage: 100%
- Resolution (Recording Pixels):
- Still Image 16:9 - 4000 x 2248 (Large), 2816 x 1584 (Medium 1), 1920 x 1080 (Medium 2), 640 x 360 (Small); RAW: 4000 x 2248
Still Image 3:2 - 4000 x 2664 (Large), 2816 x 1880 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1064 (Medium 2), 640 x 424 (Small); RAW: 4000 x 2664
Still Image 4:3 - 4000 x 3000 (Large), 2816 x 2112 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1200 (Medium 2), 640 x 480 (Small); Raw: 4000 x 3000
Still Image 1:1 - 2992 x 2992 (Large), 2112 x 2112 (Medium 1), 1200 x 1200 (Medium 2), 480 x 480 (Small); RAW: 2992 x 2992
Still Image 4:5 - 2400 x 3000 (Large), 1696 x 2112 (Medium 1), 960 x 1200 (Medium 2), 384 x 480 (Small); RAW: 2400 x 3000
Movie - Full HD: 1920 x 1080 (24 fps*), HD: 1280 x 720 (30 fps**), 640 x 480 (30 fps**)
iFrame Movie - HD: 1280 x 720 (30 fps**)
Movie Digest - HD: 1280 x 720 (30 fps**)
Super Slow Motion Movie - 640 x 480 (120 fps***), 320 x 240 (240 fps***)
Miniature Effect - HD: 1280 x 720 (6 fps, 3 fps or 1.5 fps); 640 x 480 (6 fps, 3 fps or 1.5 fps)
- File Size: (average)
- 4:3 RAW - 17,529 KB
- 4:3 Large/Super Fine - 5,661 KB
- 4:3 Large/Fine - 3,537 KB
- 4:3 Med. 1/Super Fine - 3,173 KB
- 4:3 Med. 1/Fine - 2,073 KB
- 4:3 Med. 2/Super Fine - 1,002 KB
- 4:3 Med. 2/Fine - 558 KB
- 4:3 Small/Super Fine - 249 KB
- 4:3 Small/Fine - 150 KB
- 16:9 RAW - 17,680 KB
- 16:9 Large/Super Fine - 4,507 KB
- 16:9 Large/Fine - 2,915 KB
- 16:9 Med. 1/Super Fine - 2,630 KB
- 16:9 Med. 1/Fine - 1,814 KB
- 16:9 Med. 2/Super Fine - 1,095 KB
- 16:9 Med. 2/Fine - 604 KB
- 16:9 Small/Super Fine - 188 KB
- 16:9 Small/Fine - 113 KB
- 3:2 RAW - 17,585 KB
- 3:2 Large/Super Fine - 5,134 KB
- 3:2 Large/Fine - 3,247 KB
- 3:2 Med. 1/Super Fine - 2,914 KB
- 3:2 Med. 1/Fine - 1,945 KB
- 3:2 Med. 2/Super Fine - 899 KB
- 3:2 Med. 2/Fine - 246 KB
- 3:2 Small/Super Fine - 496 KB
- 3:2 Small/Super Fine - 221 KB
- 3:2 Small/Fine - 133 KB
- 1:1 RAW - 17,415 KB
- 1:1 Large/Super Fine - 4,224 KB
- 1:1 Large/Fine - 2,640 KB
- 1:1 Med. 1/Super Fine - 2,365 KB
- 1:1 Med. 1/Fine - 1,549 KB
- 1:1 Med. 2/Super Fine - 760 KB
- 1:1 Med. 2/Fine - 420 KB
- 1:1 Small/Super Fine - 188 KB
- 1:1 Small/Fine - 113 KB
- 4:5 RAW - 17,347 KB
- 4:5 Large/Super Fine - 3,396 KB
- 4:5 Large/Fine - 2,121 KB
- 4:5 Med. 1/Super Fine - 1,898 KB
- 4:5 Med. 1/Fine - 1,243 KB
- 4:5 Med. 2/Super Fine - 608 KB
- 4:5 Med. 2/Fine - 336 KB
- 4:5 Small/Super Fine - 150 KB
- 4:5 Small/Fine - 90 KB
- Movie Full High Definition 1920 x 1080, 24 fps* - 4,355 KB/sec.
- Movie High Definition 1280 x 720, 30 fps** - 3,054 KB/sec.
- Movie 640 x 480, 30 fps** - 1,416 KB/sec.
- iFrame Movie, Movie Digest Mode HD 1280 x 720, 30 fps** - 4,701 KB/sec.
- Super Slow Motion Movie 640 x 480, 120 fps*** - 4,914 KB/sec.
- Super Slow Motion Movie 320 x 240, 240 fps*** - 2,457 KB/sec.
- Image Storage Capacity:
- Image Quality Modes:
- Super Fine, Fine (JPEG Compression); RAW
- File Format:
- Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF Version 1.1 (Digital Print Order Format) compliant
- Image Recording Format:
- Still Image: JPEG (Exif 2.3 compliant), RAW (CR2 Canon Original); Movie: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo))
- Recording Media:
- SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Shooting Modes:
- Auto, P, Av, Tv, M, C, Special Scene (Portrait, Snow, Fireworks, Underwater, Smart Shutter (Smile Self-timer, Wink Self-timer, Face Detection Self-timer), Stitch Assist, High-Speed Burst HQ, Handheld Night Scene, Smooth Skin), Creative Filters (Color Accent, Color Swap, Nostalgic, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, High Dynamic Range, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Soft Focus), Movie Digest, Movie (Standard, iFrame, Super Slow Motion)
- Photo Effect:
- My Colors: Off, Vivid, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Custom Color (adjustment of contrast sharpness, saturation, red, green, blue and skin tone are available)
- Approx. 10-sec. delay, approx. 2-sec. delay,
Custom: Delay time (0 - 15 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1 - 10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified
- Continuous Shooting Speed:
- Normal: Approx. 2.1 shots/sec. in P mode
Approx. 10.0 shots/sec. in High-Speed Burst HQ (maximum of 10 continuous shots per burst)
AF: Approx. 0.9 shots/sec. in P mode
Approx. 4.4 shots/sec. in High-Speed Burst HQ (maximum of 10 continuous shots per burst)
LV: Approx. 0.9 shots/sec. in P mode
- Playback Modes:
- Stills and Videos: Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal detection), Index Continuous Display, Image Advance (Operation Tools, Transition Effects, Scroll Display), Rotate, Favorites, My Category, Smart Shuffle, Group Playback, Movie Digest, Slideshow (Playback Interval, Repeat, Effect, Playlist)
Still Image: Single, Index, Magnification (2-10x), Switch to other images while zoomed, Information Display, Red-eye Correction, i-Contrast, Photobook Setup, Trimming, Resize, My Colors, Face ID info, Focus Check, Histogram, RGB Histogram, Location Information, Overexposure Warning
Movie: Normal Playback (audio settings available in 5 levels), Slow Motion, Skip Backward (approximately 4 seconds), Previous Frame (slow motion available), Next Frame (slow motion available), Skip Forward (approximately 4 seconds), Erase chapters, Editing
- Erase Modes:
- Still Image: single image, select range, all images
Movie: erase movie; using the Movie editing function, sections of the movie can be deleted
- Dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video: USB mini-b, Audio/Video output (NTSC/PAL selectable, Stereo audio)
HDMI mini connector
Memory Card slot
- Direct Printing:
- Direct connection to Canon CP and SELPHY Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge compatible printers via USB cable
- Power Sources:
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery NB-5L
AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC30 (optional)
- Battery Life:
- Shooting Capacity, Still Image*: approx. 200 shots (NB-5L/LCD screen on)*
Playback Time: approx. 240 min. (NB-5L)
- Operating Range:
- Operating Temperature: 32 - 104º F (0 - 40º C); Operating Humidity 10 - 90%
- Dimensions (W x H x D):
- 3.89 x 2.32 x 1.06 in. (98.8 x 59.0 x 26.9 mm)
- Approx. 6.1 oz. (173 g) camera only
Approx. 7.0 oz. (198 g) with battery and media card