Canon PowerShot G1 X Digital Camera
Get Canon PowerShot G1 X Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized U.S. Retailer for Canon
and Many Other Fine Brands!
Canon's new flagship PowerShot digital camera, the PowerShot G1 X, features a 1.5-inch, 14.3-megapixel CMOS sensor, the largest sensor to date for a PowerShot camera, delivering approximately nine times more light sensitivity and helping to produce amazing depth-of-field and high-quality images in tough low-light conditions. Ideal for photography enthusiasts looking for the highest image quality in a compact, point-and-shoot design, the Canon PowerShot G1 X camera has a brand new, large 1.5-inch (18.7 x 14mm), 14.3-megapixel High-Sensitivity Canon CMOS sensor, delivering shallow depth of field, a wide dynamic range, an ISO range of up to 12800 and incredible light gathering ability helping to ensure brilliant images in even tough low-light conditions.
Featuring an amazing Canon lens with 4X Optical Zoom, an aperture of f/2.8 to f/16 for beautiful images when shooting portraits and amazing clarity when shooting landscapes along with wide-angle capabilities starting at 28mm, the PowerShot G1 X camera makes certain that users will have the right optics for most any situation. Further adding to the EOS-like feature set of this new model is 14-bit, RAW+JPEG shooting and compatibility with accessories such as Speedlite, Macro Twin Lite or the Macro Ring Light flashes. HDR Shooting has been included to ensure the best possible shot is captured as well. The PowerShot G1 X camera also shoots in Full HD 1080p video ensuring memorable moments are captured in the highest quality.
The Canon PowerShot G1 X camera has a bright, large 3.0-inch vari-angle LCD with 922,000 dots of resolution providing photographers with the highest quality available in a point-and-shoot. The inclusion of the Mode Dial on the top of the camera and the Front Dial helps provide more intuitive control of the camera.
Canon PowerShot G1 X Key Features
- Canon PowerShot G1 X Digital Camera Supplied Accessories:
- Lithium Battery Pack NB-10L
- Battery Charger CB-2LC
- Neck Strap NS-DC9
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Lens Cap (with strap)
- Canon Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- 1.5-inch, 14.3-Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor
- At 1.5 inches, the PowerShot G1 X's High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor is much larger than those of previous compact cameras and nearly the size of an EOS DSLR camera's APS-C sized sensor. The bigger sensor area enables each pixel site to be larger, allowing more light to be captured at greater sensitivity with reduced noise for a noticeable difference in dynamic range at all ISO values. Noise reduction is further enhanced with Canon's unique on-chip noise reduction technology that deals with both fixed pattern and random noise.
Working together with the powerful DIGIC 5 Image Processor, they combine to create the Canon HS System for outstanding low-light performance of up to ISO 12800. The sensor also incorporates high-speed data transfer technology enabling images to be captured with full 14.3 megapixel resolution at a continuous shooting speed at 4.5 fps for a maximum of 6 frames. In addition, the PowerShot G1 X's sensor is designed to match its lens for optimal performance even on the outer edges, for beautifully clear photos and videos.
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- Since their groundbreaking introduction in 1999, Canon DIGIC Image Processors have set the standard for performance and brought powerful new features to PowerShot digital cameras with each successive generation. The latest-generation Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor features improved chip architecture and algorithms for phenomenal increases in processing speed and power, delivering greatly expanded functionality with further refinements in image quality. PowerShot cameras with DIGIC 5 feature higher quality continuous rapid shooting, improved noise reduction under low light and an advanced Multi-Area White Balance System.
- Advanced HS (High Sensitivity) System With Outstanding Low-Light Performance Of Up To ISO 12800
- The Canon HS System lets you take photos in an even wider range of situations without sacrificing image quality. Beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and maximum detail in highlight and shadow areas. The system is the result of two technologies brought together in PowerShot cameras: an advanced high-sensitivity CMOS sensor, which is able to capture more light; and the DIGIC 5 Image Processor, which actively reduces noise. The HS System improves low-light shooting, delivering clear, blur-free images. The powerful DIGIC 5 Image Processor and 1.5-inch, high-sensitivity CMOS sensor combine to create the Canon HS System for outstanding low-light performance of up to ISO 12800.
- 14-Bit RAW Capture, Simultaneous JPEG and RAW Image Capture
- The PowerShot G1 X offers you the choice to shoot in uncompressed RAW format. This gives you the highest possible resolution and offers no-compromise creative control in post-processing. When RAW images are transferred to a computer, they can then be edited using image adjustment programs like Canon's DPP software, meaning parameters like white balance, sharpness, color space and more can be applied post-shooting. The G1X can also be set to record both JPEG and RAW images simultaneously, providing JPEG image files that can be printed and shared immediately, while saving the RAW file for archiving and later use.
Signal processing in the PowerShot G1 X now offers 14-bit, the same rate as in EOS series cameras. Compared with 12-bit processing, 14-bit offers a 4x increase in RAW data, makes a visible impact, giving images rich detail in both highlights and shadows as well as smoother, more natural tonal gradation for outstanding image quality. RAW images can be edited to photographers' exact specifications with bundled software for increased creative control.
- 28mm Wide-Angle 4x Optical Zoom f/2.8 Genuine Canon Lens
- The PowerShot G1 X's newly designed 4x Optical Zoom, 28 - 112mm focal length lens covers a wide range of shooting situations. Benefiting from decades of Canon excellence in optical technology, the lens was engineered specifically for the large 1.5-inch CMOS sensor. It incorporates the latest in Canon UA lens technology, suppressing lens aberration for outstanding image quality throughout the entire zoom range. The bright f/2.8 lens captures subtle detail, even indoors or in dark scenes while the large aperture with larger sensor enables greater control over depth-of-field for artistically blurred backgrounds. Image stabilization ensures clear, steady shooting.
Canon's heritage as an imaging company dates back over 70 years to the company's founding in 1934. Since then, Canon has worked hard to perfect the process of creating extremely high-quality optics for its line of imaging products and is now the world's largest manufacturer of cameras and lenses. Canon is a global leader in optical design, with many advanced and original technologies that allow Canon users to achieve the sharpest images possible.
- Canon Optical Image Stabilizer (IS) Technology
- Unlike electronic image stabilizer systems that typically cause degradation of image quality, Canon's Lens Shift Optical IS system is based on the advancements made in the development and refinement of Canon's EF and video lenses. The Canon Image Stabilizer uses gyroscopic sensors to detect motion and generate a corrective signal to reduce blur caused by camera movement. An image-stabilizing lens group along the optical axis is shifted in response to the detected motion, providing effective cancellation of unwanted lens movement and vibration. Result-photos taken while zoomed in and at slower shutter speeds are not blurry, even without a tripod.
- Hybrid Image Stabilizer
- The PowerShot G1 X is one of the first compact cameras to be equipped with Canon's highly advanced Hybrid IS function, which corrects camera shake from two sources to deliver sharp, blur-free images even when you zoom in close to your subject. Hybrid IS employs both an angular sensor and an accelerometer, enabling it to suppress both the blur caused by the angle of the camera and the "shift blur" that happens when your subject moves parallel to the camera, a problem that is especially noticeable at large zoom factors. With the ability to produce clear, steady images in most situations and at any zoom length, the PowerShot G1 X is the camera you'll want to take everywhere.
- Intelligent IS
- The latest advance in Canon Optical Image Stabilization technology, Intelligent IS analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation. For photos, the system automatically selects among Normal, Panning, Macro (Hybrid IS) and Tripod IS modes. When shooting video, the system automatically selects among Dynamic, Powered, Macro and Tripod IS modes. With Intelligent IS, you can concentrate on image capture, letting the camera make the most effective IS settings to prevent blur.
- 3-inch PureColor Vari-Angle LCD Monitor With 922,000-Pixel Super High Resolution And Wide Viewing Angle
- The PowerShot G1 X's 922,000 pixel 3.0-inch PureColor LCD II features great contrast and color reproduction, which greatly increases the viewing angle for composing shots above or below the head. On the face of the LCD, there is a protective cover finished with multiple coatings to prevent smudging, scratches and reflection. The LCD screen offers a tremendous live preview of your image with all shooting data displayed. It even offers a real-time histogram to help fine-tune exposure and it can display the camera's ISO, aperture and shutter speed. The Vari-Angle LCD screen swings out, permitting the user to compose shots from virtually any position, such as over-the-head or under the knees.
- Optical Viewfinder
- As befits a high-performance camera designed for advanced users, the PowerShot G1 X digital camera is equipped with an optical viewfinder as well. Shoot SLR-style with the real image optical zoom finder, and customize the viewfinder for your vision with dioptric adjustment
- Full HD (1920 x 1080 Pixels at 24 fps) Movie Mode
- The Canon PowerShot G1 X with HD movie gives you the ultimate convenience of owning an advanced still camera that also creates superb movies. HD Movies with 1920 x 1080 pixels at 24 fps capture your memories with dazzling clarity, realism and brilliance. The PowerShot G1 X also includes spectacular movie functionality. With the Movie button, simply push and you can start shooting video and never miss the perfect moment. When shooting movies, you can get up close with the 4x Optical Zoom for riveting detail and realism, from the overall appearance to facial expressions! And the camera's Smart AUTO technology that helps ensure the perfect still image works to bring that same quality to your movies.
- HDMI Output
- The PowerShot G1 X also makes it easy to enjoy HD movies and photos on your HDTV with a mini-HDMI cable for direct connection to a high-definition monitor. This allows you to enjoy the full quality of HD with no degradation of image or audio in the signal, but also improves playback functionality, letting you view up to 130 still images at once.
- iFrame Movie Support
- With the PowerShot G1 X, you can also shoot video in the Apple™ iFrame format, a computer-friendly standard that speeds up importing and editing of videos. It keeps file sizes small, making it more convenient to upload or e-mail high-quality videos. The iFrame format enjoys native support in compatible Mac and Windows video applications, making it unnecessary to perform time-consuming and often quality-degrading conversions.
- Manual Shooting And Other Advanced Features
- Equipped with a number of advanced features, the PowerShot G1 X is ideal for creative photographic control. The camera features a 3.0-inch Vari-Angle PureColor LCD monitor, an optical viewfinder as well as a number of dials and buttons at your fingertips that control exposure, aperture and shutter speeds for outstanding camera control. Shutter speeds can also be manually set for as long as 60 seconds for a wider range of photographic effects such as capturing a starry night sky. High-Speed Burst HQ allows for continuous rapid shooting at 4.5 fps at full resolution so you never miss a shot. There's also a convenient dedicated movie button which provides instant access to record videos in Full 1080p HD Video with stereo sound.
- Versatile Optional Accessory System
- For even greater versatility, optional accessories are available for the PowerShot G1 X that enable you to attach EOS System accessories such as the Macro Twin Light and a circular polarizing filter. The PowerShot G1 X's hot shoe is also compatible with Canon Speedlite flashes. An optional Waterproof Case WP-DC44 is also available.
- High-Speed Burst HQ
- Utilizing the increased processing speed and power of the new Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor, High-Speed Burst HQ makes it possible to capture fast action stills at full resolution during continuous shooting. The results are exceptionally high-quality images recorded in rapid sequence. In this mode, the PowerShot G1 X can capture a maximum of 6 shots in a single burst at a continuous shooting speed of approximately 4.5 fps.
- Shooting Modes Including Aperture and Shutter Priority, 14 Special Scene Modes and 10 Creative Filters
- The Canon PowerShot G1 X offers a wide variety of shooting modes to optimize the camera's performance based on user preferences or shooting conditions. These modes include:
- Smart Auto: The camera chooses all the settings so you can concentrate on your subject (also available for movies).
- Program: Set almost all parameters yourself, while the camera selects aperture and shutter speed.
- Shutter Speed Priority: Select from a wide range of shutter speeds while the camera sets an appropriate aperture.
- Aperture Priority: Set the aperture to control depth-of-field while the camera selects shutter speed.
- Manual: The ultimate in creative control, you set aperture and shutter speed.
- Custom1: Define and store your own settings to achieve the effects you prefer.
- Movie: Standard, iFrame Movie
- 19 Special Scene Modes
- 10 Creative Filter Modes
- 14 Special Scene Modes
- Movie Digest - Records a video clip before capturing a still image and then combines one day's worth of clips into a video.
- Portrait - The camera sets a large aperture, focuses the subject and artistically blurs the background to make your subject "pop".
- Landscape - The camera uses smaller apertures when possible for increased depth-of-field on sweeping vistas.
- Sports - Ensures highly accurate autofocusing when shooting fast-moving subjects for capturing beautiful action shots.
- Foliage - Capture brilliant shots of autumn foliage, greenery and flowers.
- Snow - Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects and bluish tint.
- Beach - Get clear shots of people at a sunny beach without darkened faces.
- Fireworks - Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Kids & Pets - Shoot moving subjects without losing your chance to get those unforgettable moments.
- Smart Shutter - Smile Self-Timer, Wink Self-Timer, Face Detection Self-Timer
- High-Speed Burst HQ - The camera captures fast-action shots at full sensor resolution, by shooting continuously when the shutter button is held down.
- Handheld Night Scene - Suppresses image blur even without the help of a tripod.
- Underwater - Achieve natural-looking color even when shooting underwater.
- Stitch Assist - Build inspiring panoramas by neatly aligning sequential images.
- 10 Creative Filter Modes
- The Creative Filters mode dial setting provides easy access to special filter effect and scene modes. The Canon PowerShot S100 offers creative effects (Miniature Effect, Fisheye Effect) similar to those found in professional lenses.
- Fisheye Effect - Uses barrel distortion to warp the image around the center, giving a distinctive curvature effect to the photo. The curvilinear images produced by Fisheye Effect can suggest the curve of the Earth, the inside of a dome, or the image you see through the peephole of a door.
- Miniature Effect - (also available for videos) Creates an illusion where very large objects appear in miniature proportions. Turn soaring cityscapes into a scene in seemingly dollhouse-like proportions.
- Toy Camera Effect - Simulates photos taken with "toy" or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Monochrome - Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue
- Nostalgic - Creates the look and feel of old photographs using sepia tones and saturation.
- High Dynamic Range - Takes three shots, of the same scene, in different exposures in succession and combines all three images together to capture an image with flattering shadows and highlights. A tripod is required.
- Super Vivid - Intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect - Combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Color Accent - Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap - Enables users to alter specific colors in an image by sampling another color from the same image or any other image on the camera's memory card.
- Mode Dial and Front Dial
- The PowerShot G1 X allows fully manual shooting to give you complete creative control over your images. Adjustment of settings is streamlined and intuitive, with a design based on Canon EOS operability. A bi-level dial on top of the camera sets the mode and allows quick adjustment of exposure compensation. An ergonomically-placed electronic dial located on the camera's front provides a natural feel for control over camera settings letting you concentrate on getting the perfect shot. Step-zoom allocation is also available.
- Advanced Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB Technology
- Your most cherished image often feature faces, and Canon's advanced Face Detection Technology gives every face its best chance to shine. With Canon's Advanced Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB function, the G1X can detect, lock on, and track up to 35 human faces in a scene. It can even detect profiles. The face detection algorithm automatically prioritizes and selects faces (based on Canon's Intelligent Scene Analysis/iSAPS technology). It will then optimize the focus, exposure, white balance and flash to help ensure the best possible results for even easier picture taking moments. The result is flattering portraits and group shots where all of the subjects are in clearer focus and accurately exposed.
- Intelligent Contrast Correction
- DIGIC 4 also makes possible the i-Contrast (Intelligent Contrast Correction) system, which controls the compensation level in pixel units to brighten dark areas while leaving bright areas unchanged for better images where the main subject is dark, and more natural transition.
- Motion Detection Technology
- Canon's Motion Detection Technology makes it easier than ever to capture a clear, sharp image every time. As you compose your photos and snap away, it automatically optimizes ISO settings based on change of brightness and frame interval information, and motion detected by Optical Image Stabilizer, Face Detection, AE function and AF technology. All you need is to set High ISO Auto mode and the result is stunning photos with every shot.
- Advanced Red-eye Correction
- Red-eye Correction provides three options for removing red-eye from subjects in flash pictures. The Red-eye Correction during shooting actually identifies and corrects red-eye in human subjects as pictures are taken. The G1X can be set to automatically detect and correct red-eye during image playback. You can manually locate any red eyes in a scene during image playback on the LCD screen, and command the camera to remove them.
- Canon iSAPS Technology
- Over the past 70 years, Canon has accumulated a vast amount of photographic data and know-how and used it to create some of the most innovative camera products in the marketplace. Now, using that same data and know-how, Canon has developed an exclusive technology called iSAPS (Intelligent Scene Analysis based on Photographic Space) that can predict certain camera settings such as focusing distance, exposure and optimum white balance based on zoom focal length, overall light level and tonal distribution data. Canon refers to this collective data as "Photographic Space." By incorporating iSAPS technology into its PowerShot line, the cameras can analyze a scene just before the image is made and in doing so, increase the speed and precision of the camera's autofocus, auto exposure and auto white balance.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) Mode
- Excellent for outdoor shooting, the PowerShot G1 X camera features the in-camera, HDR scene mode to help shooters capture the full magnitude of a scene that consists of very dark tones and bright highlights. With the use of a tripod, one push of the shutter button yields three sequential images with various exposures, and then combines them into a single optimized image within the camera. As a result, the image showcases a better range of depth and detail found in natural settings.
- SDHC/SD/SDXC Memory Card Compatibility
- The PowerShot G1 X is compatible with the newest SDHC memory cards, which are available in sizes of more than 4GB, and can transfer files at a minimum of 6MB per second with a Class 6 Card.
- Noise Reduction
- Experienced photographers know that high ISO speeds can coincide with increased levels of noise: aberrant or stray signals that degrade image quality. With Canon's exclusive DIGIC 5 Image Processor, there is no need for compromise. DIGIC 4 offers a major boost in noise reduction signal processing to compensate for the higher ISO settings it enables.
- Electronic Level
- The PowerShot G1 X even has a built-in electronic level that calculates the camera's horizontal angle of tilt and displays the information on the LCD monitor. The feature makes it easier to capture a perfectly level shot every time.
- Powerful Built-in Flash
- For creative flash photography, the PowerShot G1 X digital camera includes a built-in flash with red-eye reduction, FE lock and Safety FE. The flash can be operated manually or automatically.
- E-TTL External Flash Compatibility
- Thanks to its built-in hot shoe, the PowerShot G1 X works seamlessly with Canon's EX Series Speedlite flashes and has access to their features through the camera's LCD. The hot shoe accommodates the Speedlite 580EX II, 580EX, 430EX II, 430EX, 270EX and 220EX. All of the external flash units with E-TTL metering capabilities add more range and speed. The Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2 enables to control multiple slave flash photography that offers bounce flash capability for pro-quality, creative but natural lighting.
- My Colors Feature For Color Customization
- Canon's My Colors mode provides PowerShot G1 X users with an incredible range of creative photo effects, which can be accessed directly from the camera with no need for post-processing in a computer. Users can adjust a specific color within an image to modify the look and feel of their picture. Available My Color playback modes include Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, and Vivid Red; lighter and darker skin tones, as well as options for creating black & white, sepia, neutral and positive film effects.
- Vivid Green - Add vivid dimension to greens for extraordinary nature shots.
- Vivid Red - Charge up red objects in your images for extra impact.
- Vivid Blue - Emphasize the sea, sky, or other blue areas.
- Lighter Skin Tone - Lighten your subjects' skin tones paler.
- Darker Skin Tone - Darken skin tones a shade.
- Black & White
- Positive Film - Combines Vivid Red, Vivid Green and Vivid Blue to achieve a positive film effect.
- Custom Color - Set balance of red, green, blue and skin colors; finely adjust brightness and vividness.
- TTL Auto White Balance, Preset and Custom White Balance
- To ensure the perfect exposure in any situation, the PowerShot G1 X offers the characteristics of virtually every type of film in traditional photography.
- Direct Printing
- As with all of Canon's digital cameras, the PowerShot G1 X digital camera offers Direct Printing, making it simple, quick and convenient to produce high-quality photos without the need for a computer. Other printing enhancements include ID Photo Print allowing the user to make ID photo size prints by cropping the image to the required ID size. The camera offers 28 different sizes providing ID photo dimensions for use in countries around the world. Movie Print enables the user to print a series of still images from a recorded movie onto a single sheet in the form of an index print.
- Real Time Histogram
- Real time histogram while shooting to check exposure levels.
- Fast and Agile Shutter
- The PowerShot G1 X has a shutter speed that extends from 15 seconds to a fast 1/4000 of a second. Slow shutter operates with noise reduction.
- Selectable Light Metering
- The PowerShot G1 X provides a range of Canon's highly advanced exposure features that offer greater control and greater convenience. Selectable Light Metering offers three settings. In the Evaluative setting, the camera reads multiple points across the frame for optimal overall exposure. The Spot Metering setting concentrates on a single area of the image for greater precision in high contrast situations. Centerweighted Averaging Metering, with emphasis on the center of the viewfinder, averages metering out over the entire picture area.
Canon PowerShot G1 X Specifications
- Type of Camera:
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash and Optical Image Stabilizer (IS) System, 4x Optical / 4x Digital / 16x Combined Zoom
- Image Capture Device:
- 15.0 Megapixel, 1.5-inch CMOS, Effective Pixels Approx. 14.3 Million
- 15.1 - 60.4 mm f/2.8 - 5.8 zoom lens (equivalent to 28 - 112 mm in 35mm format)
- Digital Zoom:
- Focus Range:
- Normal AF: 1.3 ft. / 40cm - infinity (W), 4.3 ft. / 1.3m - infinity (T)
Auto: 7.9 in. / 20 cm - infinity (W), 2.8 ft. / 85 cm - infinity (T)
Macro AF: 7.9 in. / 2.3 ft. - 70 cm (W), 2.8 ft. - 5.2 ft. / 85 cm - 1.6 m (T)
- Autofocus System:
- TTL Autofocus
- Maximum Aperture:
- f/2.8 (W) - f/5.8 (T)
f/numbers available in Av and M (differs depending on the zoom position):
W: f/2.8, 3.2, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.6, 6.3, 7.1, 8.0, 9.0, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16
T: f/5.8, 6.3, 7.1, 8.0, 9.0, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16
- Shutter Speed:
- 1 - 1/4000 sec.
60-1/4000 sec. total shutter speed range (settable in Tv and M)
Shutter speeds available in Tv and M (shutter speed range differs depending on the shooting mode):
60, 50, 40, 30, 25, 20, 15, 13, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3.2, 2.5, 2, 1.6, 1.3, 1, 0.8, 0.6, 0.5, 0.4, 0.3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/8, 1/10, 1/13, 1/15, 1/20, 1/25, 1/30, 1/40, 1/50, 1/60, 1/80, 1/100, 1/125, 1/160, 1/200, 1/250, 1/320, 1/400, 1/500, 1/640, 1/800, 1/1000, 1/1250, 1/1600, 1/2000,1/2500, 1/3200, 1/4000 (Units: sec.)
- ISO Sensitivity:
- Auto, ISO 100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/ 4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 equivalent (When in P mode; Standard output sensitivity. Recommended exposure index)
- Light Metering Method:
- Evaluative metering (Control to incorporate facial brightness in Face Detection AiAF), Center-weighted average metering, Spot metering (metering frame is fixed to the center or linked to the AF frame)
- Exposure Compensation:
- +/- 3.0 EV in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance Control:
- Auto (The color of faces is evaluated in Face AiAF), Pre-set (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Underwater) and Custom White Balance (Custom1, Custom2)
- Built-in Flash Modes:
- Auto, On, Slow Synchro, Off - Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect
- Flash Range (when sensitivity is set to ISO Auto):
- 1.6 - 23 ft. / 50cm - 7m (W), 3.3 - 10.2 ft. / 1.0 - 3.1m (T)
- Flash Recycling Time:
- 5 sec. or less (battery voltage=7.4V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation:
- ±2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Real-image optical zoom viewfinder
- LCD Screen:
- 3.0" TFT color LCD Vari-angle type with wide viewing angle, approx. 922,000 pixels, LCD Coverage: approx. 100%
- Resolution (Recording Pixels):
- Still Image, 16:9: 4352 x 2448 (Large), 3072 x 1728 (Medium 1), 1920 x 1080 (Medium 2), 640 x 360 (Small)
Still Image, 3:2: 4352 x 2904 (Large), 3072 x 2048 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1064 (Medium 2), 640 x 424 (Small)
Still Image, 4:3: 4352 x 3264 (Large), 3072 x 2304 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1200 (Medium 3), 640 x 480 (Small), 4352 x 3264 (RAW)
Still Image, 1:1: 3264 x 3264 (Large), 2304 x 2304 (Medium 1), 1200 x 1200 (Medium 2), 480 x 480 (Small)
Still Image, 4:5: 2608 x 3264 (Large), 1840 x 2304 (Medium 1), 960 x 1200 (Medium 2), 384 x 480 (Small)
Videos: Standard: 1920 x 1080 (24 fps*), 1280 x 720 (30 fps**), 640 x 480 (30 fps**)
iFrame Movie: 1280 x 720 (30 fps*)
Miniature Effect: 1280 x 720 (Shooting: 6 fps/3 fps/1.5 fps; Playback: 30 fps**), 640 x 480 (Shooting: 6 fps/3 fps/1.5 fps, Playback: 30 fps**)
Movies made in Movie Digest mode: 640 x 480 (30 fps*) only.
- File Size: (average)
- 4:3 RAW + JPEG - 23,763 KB
- 4:3 RAW - 20,112 KB
- 4:3 Large/Fine - 3,651 KB
- 4:3 Large/Normal - 1,745 KB
- 4:3 Med. 1/Fine - 1,897 KB
- 4:3 Med. 1/Normal - 902 KB
- 4:3 Med. 2/Fine - 558 KB
- 4:3 Med. 2/Normal - 278 KB
- 4:3 Small/Fine - 150 KB
- 4:3 Small/Normal - 84 KB
- 16:9 Large/Fine - 2,738 KB
- 16:9 Large/Normal - 1,309 KB
- 16:9 Med. 1/Fine - 1,420 KB
- 16:9 Med. 1/Normal - 678 KB
- 16:9 Med. 2/Fine - 604 KB
- 16:9 Med. 2/Normal - 300 KB
- 16:9 Small/Fine - 113 KB
- 16:9 Small/Normal - 63 KB
- 3:2 Large/Fine - 3,248 KB
- 3:2 Large/Normal - 1,552 KB
- 3:2 Med. 1/Fine - 1,683 KB
- 3:2 Med. 1/Normal - 803 KB
- 3:2 Med. 2/Fine - 496 KB
- 3:2 Med. 2/Normal - 246 KB
- 3:2 Small/Fine - 133 KB
- 3:2 Small/Normal - 75 KB
- 1:1 Large/Fine - 2,738 KB
- 1:1 Large/Normal - 1,309 KB
- 1:1 Med. 1/Fine - 1,420 KB
- 1:1 Med. 1/Normal - 678 KB
- 1:1 Med. 2/Fine - 420 KB
- 1:1 Med. 2/Normal - 208 KB
- 1:1 Small/Fine - 113 KB
- 1:1 Small/Normal - 63 KB
- 4:5 Large/Fine - 2,188 KB
- 4:5 Large/Normal - 1,046 KB
- 4:5 Med. 1/Fine - 1,134 KB
- 4:5 Med. 1/Normal - 541 KB
- 4:5 Med. 2/Fine - 336 KB
- 4:5 Med. 2/Normal - 167 KB
- 4:5 Small/Fine - 90 KB
- 4:5 Small/Normal - 51 KB
- HD Video/1920 x 1080 24 fps - 4,355
- HD Video/1280 x 720 30 fps - 3,054 KB/sec.
- Video/640 x 480 30 fps - 1,416 KB/sec.
- Image Storage Capacity:
- Image Quality Modes:
- Normal, Fine (JPEG Compression); RAW
- File Format:
- Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF Version 1.1 (Digital Print Order Format) compliant
- Image Recording Format:
- Still Image: JPEG (Exif 2.3 compliant), RAW (CR2 Canon Original); Movie: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo))
- Recording Media:
- SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Shooting Modes:
- Smart Auto (also available for movies), P, Av, Tv, M, C1, C2, Special Scene (Movie Digest, Portrait, Landscape, Sports, Foliage, Snow, Beach, Fireworks, Underwater, Kids & Pets, Smart Shutter (Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Self-Timer), High-Speed Burst HQ, Handheld Night Scene, Stitch Assist), Creative Filters (Color Accent, Color Swap, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, High Dynamic Range, Nostalgic, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome), Movie (Standard, iFrame Movie)
- Photo Effect:
- My Colors: Off, Vivid, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Custom Color (adjustment of contrast, sharpness, saturation, red, green, blue and skin tone are available) - Not available in RAW and RAW+JPEG
- Approx. 10-sec. delay, Approx. 2-sec. delay,
Custom: Delay time (0 - 15 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1 - 10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.
- Continuous Shooting Speed:
- Normal: Approx. 1.9 shots/sec. (in P mode), Approx. 4.5 shots/sec. Max. of 6 continuous shots per burst (in High-speed Burst HQ mode)
AF: Approx. 0.7 shots/sec. (in P mode)
LV: Approx. 0.7 shots/sec. (in P mode)
- Playback Modes:
- Still Images and Movies: Auto Rotate, Transition Effects (Off, Scroll, Slide, Fade), Scroll Display, Rotate, Favorites, My Category, Search Jump (Favorites*, Date*, My Category**, Still Images/Movies/Movie Digest, Jump 10 Images*, Jump 100 Images*), Smart Shuffle, Group Playback, Movie Digest, Filtered Playback, Slideshow
Still Images: Single, Index, Magnification (Approx. 2x-10x), Thumbnails (4-100), Information Display, Histogram, Overexposure Warning, Resume Playback, Red-Eye Correction, i-Contrast, Trimming, Resize, My Colors
Movies: Normal Playback, Slow Motion, Skip Backward, Previous Frame, Next Frame, Skip Forward, Resume Playback, Delete Unwanted Portions of a Clip
- Erase Modes:
- Select image, select range, all images (all filtered images)
The image data in the memory card stored with the design rule for camera file systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).
Movies can be erased individually. RAW + JPEG images can be erased individually.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (mini-B compatible, dedicated female connector with unified type of digital, audio and video), Analog Audio/Video output (NTSC/PAL selectable, Stereo Audio), Digital Audio/Video output (HDMI mini connector, Stereo Audio), Memory Card slot
- Direct Printing:
- Direct connection to Canon CP and SELPHY Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
- Power Sources:
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery NB-10L
AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC80 (optional)
- Battery Life:
- Shooting Capacity, Still Image*: approx. 250 shots (NB-10L/LCD screen on)*
approx. 700 shots (NB-10L/LCD screen off)*
approx. 310 shots when in Quick Shot mode (NB-10L/LCD screen on)
Playback Time: approx. 420 min. (NB-10L)
- Operating Range:
- Operating Temperature: 32 - 104º F (0 - 40º C); Operating Humidity 10 - 90%
- Dimensions (W x H x D):
- 4.60 x 3.17 x 2.55 in. (116.7 x 80.5 x 64.7 mm)
- Weight (Camera body only):
- Approx. 17.3 oz. (492g)