Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Also available in Silver and Pink.
Get Black Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized U.S. Retailer for Canon
and Many Other Fine Brands!
The Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS digital camera is ideal for photography enthusiasts of all levels looking for great photo quality and excellent video performance in a compact, powerful point-and-shoot design. The ELPH 330 HS delivers advanced wireless connectivity for easy sharing. Providing great performance in dimly lit situations, the ELPH 330 HS digital camera includes the Company's HS SYSTEM that delivers clear images with minimal noise and maximum detail even when shooting in low-light. The camera offers great features such as Canon's Smart AUTO, enabling even novice users to get optimal camera performance automatically, so whether photographing a running child or a solo recital on stage the cameras deliver spectacular images with ease. Smart AUTO allows the camera to detect up to 58 scenes. ECO Mode is an advanced new system that manages power consumption and extends battery life by approximately 30 percent, when enabled, allowing you to shoot more photos for a longer amount of time.
Photography today is as much about image quality as it is about sharing, whether through prints or online communities. With this in mind, the PowerShot ELPH 330 HS digital camera builds upon the success of the PowerShot line with built-in advanced wireless capabilities to easily share high-quality images captured with an impressive 10x optical zoom lens and 12.1-megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS image sensor. After an initial one-time set-up, the camera can connect to both iOS® or Android™ smartphones and tablets for quick and easy sharing. Users launch Canon's free CameraWindow application, available on both the iOS® and Android™ operating systems, to wirelessly transfer photos and videos from the camera to their device. Frequently used devices and accounts are conveniently stored in the camera's wireless history menu for quick one-touch access.
The PowerShot ELPH 330 HS digital camera provides a 10x optical zoom lens taking images from 24mm wide, up to 240mm at the telephoto end, able to capture that group shot, or zoom in for a dynamic close-up. Great even in low light, the camera's 12.1-megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS image sensor and DIGIC 5 image processor combine and deliver on Canon's HS SYSTEM helping ensure detail is captured even in dark or shadowed areas at a maximum ISO speed of up to 6400. For capturing memorable moments on video, at the touch of a dedicated movie-record button, the PowerShot ELPH 330 HS digital camera shoots beautiful 1080p Full HD video and includes a built-in stereo microphone for great sound.
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Key Features
- Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Digital Camera Supplied Accessories:
- Lithium-Ion Battery Pack NB-4L
- Battery Charger CB-2LV
- Wrist Strap WS-DC11
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Canon Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- Enhanced Built-in WiFi
- The PowerShot ELPH 330 HS is equipped with enhanced built-in Wi-Fi® for on-the-go convenience when you want to share what you've recorded with friends, family and the whole world. The camera can connect directly to both iOS® and Android™ devices*, and upload images via the free Canon CameraWindow app*** without a computer. Easily post your images to your favorite social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY* or save them to the online photo album to share anytime, anywhere. The camera's built-in Wi-Fi® also lets you transfer images and video directly to your computer to update friends and family while you're traveling or out and about. Enhanced Wi-Fi® makes posting in real time possible, so you can keep everyone up to date with photos even as events unfold. Easily control the destination of your uploads to social networking sites; share with everyone, or send photos to selected groups. Post to groups, add comments, and edit and upload MOV video files from both iOS® and Android™ devices**. Frequently used devices and accounts are stored in the camera's Wi-Fi® history menu, so you can immediately connect with a simple touch. Share with other Wi-Fi® equipped PowerShot cameras, send images to your computer, and print your photos to Wi-Fi® compatible printers (Wireless PictBridge certified printer is required). Built-in Wi-Fi® on the PowerShot ELPH 330 HS makes it easier than ever for you to express your creative flair, and share it with the entire world!
- High Sensitivity (HS) System
- Whether shooting a large family photo at a sunset wedding or capturing a historical monument at night, the PowerShot ELPH 330 HS digital camera captures clear, exceptional images in low-light settings thanks to Canon's HS System. Canon's DIGIC 5 Image Processor combined with a 12-megapixel High Sensitivity CMOS sensor make up Canon's HS System. The 12-megapixel CMOS Sensor positions the light-receiving surface for optimal light reception. More light means clearer, blur-free images with plenty of detail and nuance, even in dark areas. Working together with the CMOS sensor to deliver the HS SYSTEM is Canon's advanced DIGIC 5 Image Processor, which actively reduces noise and delivers high speed image processing. The HS System enhances image quality and helps reduce noise at high ISO levels. It also helps to accentuate a number of hard-to-get details in images with decreased lighting. Canon's HS System enables users to capture dimly lit scenes without a flash, resulting in a more natural look for photos.
- Genuine Canon Ultra Wide-Angle Lens With 10x Optical Zoom, 40x Combined Zoom
- The Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS camera is equipped with a 24mm equivalent ultra-wide-angle lens with 10x Optical Zoom that delivers outstanding optical performance and versatility. Fitting a high-performance lens with such wide zoom range into a camera so thin would normally be considered an impossible feat, but Canon's expert optical engineering met the challenge, developing a lens that achieves outstanding compactness with high zoom power and superb performance. The zoom starts at 24mm wide-angle and extends to 240mm telephoto (35mm equivalent), covering an exceptionally wide range. The telephoto reach gives you the freedom to capture subjects from a considerable distance, while the 24mm wide-angle makes it easy to shoot sweeping landscapes, large groups of people and tall buildings. The 4x digital zoom extends the zoom range to 40x when combined with the 10x optical zoom.
Canon's heritage as an imaging company dates back over 70 years to the company's founding in 1934. Since then, Canon has worked hard to perfect the process of creating extremely high-quality optics for its line of imaging products and is now the world's largest manufacturer of cameras and lenses. Canon is a global leader in optical design, with many advanced and original technologies that allow Canon users to achieve the sharpest images possible.
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Canon's sophisticated Optical Image Stabilizer technology uses miniature gyroscopic sensors to detect motion and generate a corrective signal. An image stabilizing lens group along the optical axis is shifted in response to the detected motion, providing effective cancellation of unwanted lens movement and vibration. The benefits are obvious and enormous: in still photography, the camera can now be handheld at slower shutter speeds without resulting in blurred images. Handheld video footage is smoother -- free of the unsteadiness that can make viewing home movies tiresome.
The PowerShot ELPH 330 HS's Lens-Shift type optical image stabilization system is based on advancements made in the development of Canon's EF lenses and video lenses. Unlike electronic or digital image stabilization systems that typically degrade image quality, the PowerShot ELPH 330 HS digital camera's lens shift-type preserves maximum optical performance.
- Intelligent IS
- One of the most important innovations for a point-and-shoot camera has been Image Stabilization (IS) since it helps improve image quality by reducing camera blur for both images and videos. Canon has taken this technology one step further with the Intelligent IS which automatically chooses from six different modes (Normal, Macro, Panning, Dynamic, Powered, Tripod) to optimize image stabilization and help achieve crisp, blur-free images for various shooting conditions.
- Big 3-inch LCD Monitor With Wide Viewing Angle
- The PowerShot ELPH 330 HS features a big, brilliant widescreen 3.0-inch, LCD with a wide viewing angle, making images easier to preview and review and camera menus easier to read in a wide range of lighting conditions. The camera's 3.0-inch, 461,000-pixel LCD screen gives you the big picture, whether you're shooting, reviewing or showing off your images. Clear and bright, it also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light.
- 1080p Full HD (1920 x 1080 Pixels at 24 fps) Video
- When it comes to capturing a child walking for the first time or a person diving into a pool on vacation, shooting HD video is the ideal option. With Canon's legacy of delivering exceptional photos, the PowerShot ELPH 330 HS digital camera helps to drive users beyond the still and encourage them to explore the world of HD video. It also helps a person to relive the experience when looking back at the images. This feature offer extraordinary resolution, color and clarity to all cherished moments. Helping to heighten the quality of video, the PowerShot ELPH 330 HS includes Miniature Effect movie mode. Available as a scene mode for shooting still photography, the Miniature Effect movie mode creates the illusion where large objects are shown in miniature proportions, providing a creative way to play back video. Combined with stereo sound, the inclusion of HD video capabilities, along with outstanding still image quality, help make the PowerShot ELPH 330 HS the ultimate image-capture device.
- Super Slow Motion Movie
- Give your videos a whole new look with the Super Slow Motion Movie function. Whether you're going for a dreamy, creative slant when documenting family moments, or making a highlight film of your kids' greatest sports plays, you'll love the high quality capture of this all-new feature. The camera shoots your clips at high speed (approx. 240fps) and plays them back at 30fps for the inimitable super slow motion feeling you'll love.
- 12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor
- The PowerShot ELPH 330 HS employs a Canon 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor, which delivers state-of-the-art imaging performance and is optimized for use in compact cameras. Utilizing a sophisticated light-capturing design, it provides high sensitivity for improved high ISO capture with reduced noise. It is also a high-speed design, capable of rapidly capturing and moving image data to the processor, enabling faster continuous shooting and faster autofocus.
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- Since their groundbreaking introduction in 1999, Canon DIGIC Image Processors have set the standard for performance and brought powerful new features to PowerShot digital cameras with each successive generation. The latest-generation Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor features improved chip architecture and algorithms for phenomenal increases in processing speed and power, delivering greatly expanded functionality with further refinements in image quality. PowerShot cameras with DIGIC 5 feature higher quality continuous rapid shooting, improved noise reduction under low light, an advanced Multi-Area White Balance System and Face ID.
- Advanced Smart AUTO With Face ID, Smile Recognition and Sleeping Face Recognition
- Advanced Smart AUTO, available in the PowerShot ELPH 330 HS, can detect up to 58 scenes varying from non-human moving subjects to people, landscapes, pets and vehicles, helping the camera determine the best mode of shooting. This technology has been enhanced to include a Face ID feature, allowing users to register up to 12 people on the camera and have the camera recognize and prioritize each person. When registering individuals on the camera, users can take up to five images of a subject at various angles or facial expressions and enter their name and birth date. This allows the camera to make one of three age distinctions: Babies (0 to 1 year old), Children (2 to 12 years old) or Adults (13 years or older). Based on these different groups, the camera will give focus priority to the youngest recognized group in the frame and makes the images searchable as well with the ability to view only those images of a particular person.
Further additions to this new feature are Smile Recognition and Sleeping Face Recognition. With Smile Recognition, the camera will take three consecutive shots of a scene such as a smiling baby or of grandparents at a family get together and select the best out of the three for the final image. For Sleeping Face Recognition the flash, assist beam and sound is turned off for that precious moment to be captured while not disturbing one's sleep.
- Hybrid Auto
- Hybrid Auto on the PowerShot ELPH 330 HS brings enhanced image quality to the popular Movie Digest feature on PowerShot digital cameras. Movie Digest records up to four seconds of video every time you shoot a still image, then automatically joins the clips into a video that captures the essence of special days: vacations, important occasions, any time you're shooting many shots in a day. With Hybrid Auto, this 'highlight reel' is more beautiful than ever. Hybrid Auto automatically recognizes the scene and optimizes camera settings to capture the highest possible image quality. The resulting 720p HD video is properly exposed, crisp and steady.
- High-Speed Burst
- High-Speed Burst is exactly what you need when you're trying to capture the best possible shot within a moment of fast-moving action. In High-Speed Burst mode, the camera automatically shoots continuously at high speed (approx. 6.2 fps)* while you simply hold down the shutter. The mode lets you shoot sporting events, kids in motion, wildlife and any situation with unpredictable movement, then simply choose the best shots captured.
- Movie Digest Mode
- Putting together a video containing highlights from family vacations, important occasions and other special events is now easier than you might imagine. Using the Movie Digest Mode, you can have the camera automatically record a short video clip (up to approximately 4 seconds) every time you shoot a still image. The camera will then combine an entire day's worth of clips into a single video. No editing required -- Movie Digest Mode does all the work, so you can sit back and enjoy your video!
- HDMI Output
- The PowerShot ELPH 330 HS also makes it easy to enjoy HD movies and photos on your HDTV with a mini-HDMI cable for direct connection to a high-definition monitor. This allows you to enjoy the full quality of HD with no degradation of image or audio in the signal, but also improves playback functionality, letting you view up to 130 still images at once.
- Smooth Skin and Soft Focus Scene Modes
- The PowerShot ELPH 330 HS makes it easier than ever to give your images a professional look with scene modes that instantly mimic the effects of post-production editing and special filters. Smooth Skin takes away dullness, fine wrinkles and harsh shadows, subtly smoothing and brightening skin for beautiful faces. Smooth Skin Effect can be set to Low, Medium or High; Skin Tone Color can be set to Off, Lighter Skin Tone or Darker Skin Tone to counteract shadows and improve visibility. Soft Focus creates a hazy ambiance that's perfect for nostalgic portraits, romantic shots, wedding photos and more. The mode can be set to Low, Medium or High for just the right effect
- 22 Shooting Modes, Including Hybrid Auto
- The Canon ELPH 330 HS offers a wide variety of shooting modes to optimize the camera's performance based on user preferences or shooting conditions. With 22 Shooting Modes including Smart Auto and Hybrid Auto, you're ready for whatever shot comes your way. These modes include:
- Auto - The camera chooses all the settings so you can concentrate on your subject.
- Movie Digest Mode With Hybrid Auto - Records a video clip before capturing a still image and then combines one day's worth of clips into a video. Hybrid Auto automatically recognizes the scene and optimizes camera settings to capture the highest possible image quality.
- Program - Access advanced exposure compensation features while shooting mostly automatically.
- Portrait - The camera sets a large aperture, focuses the subject and artistically blurs the background to make your subject "pop".
- Smooth Skin - Removes dullness, wrinkles, and harsh shadows for beautiful faces.
- Smart Shutter - Smile Self-Timer, Wink Self-Timer, Face Detection Self-Timer
- High-Speed Burst - The camera shoots continuously at a high speed of approx. 5.8 fps while you hold down the shutter.
- Handheld Night Scene - Suppresses image blur even without the help of a tripod.
- Fisheye Effect - Uses barrel distortion to warp the image around the center, giving a distinctive curvature effect to the photo. The curvilinear images produced by Fisheye Effect can suggest the curve of the Earth, the inside of a dome, or the image you see through the peephole of a door.
- Miniature Effect - Creates an illusion where very large objects appear in miniature proportions. Turn soaring cityscapes into a scene in seemingly dollhouse-like proportions.
- Toy Camera Effect - Simulates photos taken with "toy" or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Soft Focus - Creates a hazy ambiance that's perfect for portraits and wedding photos.
- Monochrome - Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue
- Super Vivid - Intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect - Combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Color Accent - Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap - Enables users to alter specific colors in an image by sampling another color from the same image or any other image on the camera's memory card.
- Snow - Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects and bluish tint.
- Stitch Assist - Build inspiring panoramas by neatly aligning sequential images.
- Fireworks - Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Long Shutter - Uses a long exposure for an artistic effect. Great for urban photography.
- Movie: Standard, Super Slow Motion Movie
- Advanced Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB Technology
- Your most cherished image often feature faces, and Canon's advanced Face Detection Technology gives every face its best chance to shine. With Canon's Advanced Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB function, the ELPH 330 HS can detect, lock on, and track up to 35 human faces in a scene. It can even detect profiles. The face detection algorithm automatically prioritizes and selects faces (based on Canon's Intelligent Scene Analysis/iSAPS technology). It will then optimize the focus, exposure, white balance and flash to help ensure the best possible results for even easier picture taking moments. The result is flattering portraits and group shots where all of the subjects are in clearer focus and accurately exposed.
- Intelligent Contrast Correction
- DIGIC 5 also makes possible the new i-Contrast (Intelligent Contrast Correction) system, which controls the compensation level in pixel units to brighten dark areas while leaving bright areas unchanged for better images where the main subject is dark, and more natural transition.
- Smart Shutter Technology (Smile Self-Timer, Wink Self-Timer, Face Detection Self-Timer)
- The Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS has Smart Shutter technology, which detects faces in the scene and releases the shutter automatically in response to the appearance of an additional face, or when a smile or sassy wink occurs. These technologies help to make your photography less rushed and more natural, so getting the perfect shot is even easier.
- Canon iSAPS Technology
- Over the past 68 years, Canon has accumulated a vast amount of photographic data and know-how and used it to create some of the most innovative camera products in the marketplace. Now, using that same data and know-how, Canon has developed an exclusive technology called iSAPS (Intelligent Scene Analysis based on Photographic Space) that can predict certain camera settings such as focusing distance, exposure and optimum white balance based on zoom focal length, overall light level and tonal distribution data. Canon refers to this collective data as "Photographic Space." By incorporating iSAPS technology into its PowerShot line, the cameras can analyze a scene just before the image is made and in doing so, increase the speed and precision of the camera's autofocus, auto exposure and auto white balance.
- Advanced Red-eye Correction
- Red-eye Correction provides three options for removing red-eye from subjects in flash pictures. The Red-eye Correction during shooting actually identifies and corrects red-eye in human subjects as pictures are taken. The ELPH 330 HS can be set to automatically detect and correct red-eye during image playback. You can manually locate any red eyes in a scene during image playback on the LCD screen, and command the camera to remove them.
- SDHC / SDXC / SD Memory Card Compatibility
- The PowerShot ELPH 330 HS is compatible with the newest SDHC memory cards.
- Direct Printing
- You've taken the picture, reviewed it, like it and can not wait to print it out. What next? Direct Printing significantly expands the appeal of the PowerShot ELPH 330 HS digital camera by making it simple, quick and convenient to produce high-quality photos without the need for a personal computer. Simply connect the ELPH 330 HS directly to a Canon Compact or Canon Direct Photo Printer, as well as PictBridge compatible printer. Beyond its Direct Print capability with Canon's Compact Photo Printers and acclaimed Canon Direct Photo Printers, the camera is also PictBridge compatible, an industry standard that offers the flexibility of direct printing to other brands of PictBridge compatible printers.
The PowerShot ELPH 330 HS digital camera supports Exif Print, a worldwide standard that transfers important camera settings and data from the camera to the printer ensuring the photos you print will look true to life. Moreover, DPOF 1.1 (Digital Print Order Format) lets users specify the images to be printed or execute batch printing of selected images.
- Noise Reduction
- Experienced photographers know that high ISO speeds can coincide with increased levels of noise: aberrant or stray signals that degrade image quality. With Canon's exclusive DIGIC 5 Image Processor, there is no need for compromise. DIGIC 5 offers a major boost in noise reduction signal processing to compensate for the higher ISO settings it enables.
- High-Speed USB 2.0
- The pace of image transfer is accelerated (when used with a USB 2.0 compatible computer, printer or other peripheral) thanks to the inclusion of a High-Speed USB 2.0 port. The USB 2.0 port is backwards compatible (at no increased speed) with computers featuring standard USB 1.1 connections.
- My Colors Function
- My Colors lets you customize color before shooting and correct individual colors on the LCD screen as you shoot! Whether the desired effect is to make the color more real or surreal, these digital dynamos are capable of capturing and saving both the original still image and the enhanced color versions as separate files on the camera's SD memory card. Where previously, users could only enable "My Colors" while shooting, the current iteration permits captured images to be retouched as well, without the need for special software applications or tools.
Twelve modes offer many options:
- Vivid Green - Add vivid dimension to greens for extraordinary nature shots.
- Vivid Red - Charge up red objects in your images for extra impact.
- Vivid Blue - Emphasize the sea, sky, or other blue areas.
- Lighter Skin Tone - Lighten your subjects' skin tones paler.
- Darker Skin Tone - Darken skin tones a shade.
- Color Accent - Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap - Enables users to alter specific colors in an image by sampling another color from the same image or any other image on the camera's memory card.
- Positive Film - Combines Vivid Red, Vivid Green and Vivid Blue to achieve a positive film effect.
- Neutral Color - Produces images of subtle, elegant tonality.
- Sepia - Recreates the look of vintage photographs.
- Black & White - Delivers enhanced clarity -- especially useful when shooting text.
- Custom Color - Set balance of red, green, blue and skin colors; finely adjust brightness and vividness.
- Built-in Multi-Mode Flash
- Adding to the power of this aptly named PowerShot camera is a powerful built-in flash with six modes: auto, auto with red-eye reduction, flash on (fill-in flash), flash on with red-eye reduction, flash off and slow synchro.FE lock is available.
- White Balance Control
- Different light sources have different temperatures that can dramatically affect the quality of pictures. So the camera is equipped with selectable high-precision White Balance Settings to handle a full range of shooting conditions. There are 5 presets: Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent and Fluorescent H. Plus there's also Custom and an Auto settings.
- Selectable Light Metering
- The PowerShot ELPH 330 HS provides a range of Canon's highly advanced exposure features that offer greater control and greater convenience. Selectable Light Metering offers three settings. In the Evaluative setting, the camera reads multiple points across the frame for optimal overall exposure. The Spot Metering setting concentrates on a single area at the center of the image for greater precision in high contrast situations. Centerweighted Averaging Metering, with emphasis on the center of the viewfinder, averages metering out over the entire picture area.
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Specifications
- Type of Camera:
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash and Optical image stabilizer (OIS) system, 10x optical zoom / 4x digital zoom / 40x combined zoom
- Image Capture Device:
- 12.8 million pixel gross, 1/2.3-inch type CMOS, Approx. 12.1 Million Effective Pixels
- 4.3 - 43 mm, f/2.7 - f/5.9 zoom lens (equivalent to 24 - 240 mm in 35mm format)
- Optical Zoom
- Digital Zoom
- Focus Range:
- Normal: 0.4 in. (1 cm) - infinity (WIDE), 3.3 ft. (1 m) - infinity (TELE)
Macro: 0.4 in. (1 cm) - 1.6 ft. (50 cm) (WIDE)
- Autofocus System
- TTL Autofocus
- Maximum Aperture
- f/3.0 (W), f/6.9 (T)
- Shutter Speed:
- 1-1/2000 sec.
15-1/2000 sec. (Total shutter speed range)
- Exposure Control:
- Program AE; AE Lock, FE Lock available
- Exposure Compensation:
- +/- 2.0 EV in 1/3 step increments (not available when shooting movies)
- Light Metering Method:
- Evaluative (Control to incorporate facial brightness in Face Detection AiAF), Center-weighted average or Spot metering (Metering frame when spot is center fixed)
- ISO Sensitivity (in P mode):
- Auto or User Set ISO 80 - ISO 6400 equivalent, 1-step increments (Standard Output Sensitivity. Recommended Exposure Index)
- White Balance Control:
- Auto (Control to evaluate color of faces in Face Detection AF), Pre-set (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H), or Custom
- Built-in Flash Modes:
- Auto, Flash On, Slow Synchro, Flash Off
- Flash Range:
- 1.6 ft. - 13 ft. (50 cm - 4.0 m) (W), 3.3 - 6.6 ft. (1.0 m - 2.0 m) (T) (When ISO is set to Auto)
- Flash Recycling Time:
- Approx. 10 sec. or less (battery voltage=3.7V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation:
- LCD Viewfinder:
- 3.0-inch TFT color LCD with wide viewing angle, Approx. 461,000 pixels, LCD Coverage 100%
- Resolution (Recording Pixels):
- Still Image 16:9 - 4000 x 2248 (Large), 2816 x 1584 (Medium 1), 1920 x 1080 (Medium 2), 640 x 360 (Small)
Still Image 3:2 - 4000 x 2664 (Large), 2816 x 1880 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1064 (Medium 2), 640 x 424 (Small)
Still Image 4:3 - 4000 x 3000 (Large), 2816 x 2112 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1200 (Medium 2), 640 x 480 (Small); 1984 x 1488 when in High-Speed Burst
Still Image 1:1 - 2992 x 2992 (Large), 2112 x 2112 (Medium 1), 1200 x 1200 (Medium 2), 480 x 480 (Small)
Movie - Full HD: 1920 x 1080 (24 fps**), HD: 1280 x 720 (30 fps*), 640 x 480 (30 fps*)
Digest Movie - HD: 1280 x 720 (30 fps*);
Super Slow Motion Movie - 640 x 480 (120 fps shooting, 30 fps* playback), 320 x 240 (240 fps shooting, 30 fps* playback)
Video made in Movie Digest mode - 1280 x 720 (30 fps*)
Miniature Effect - HD: 1280 x 720 (6 fps, 3 fps or 1.5 fps shooting, 30 fps* playback); 640 x 480 (6 fps, 3 fps or 1.5 fps shooting, 30 fps* playback)
- File Size: (average)
- 4:3 Small/Fine - 150 KB
- 4:3 Small/Super Fine - 249 KB
- 4:3 Med. 2/Fine - 558 KB
- 4:3 Med. 2/Super Fine - 1,002 KB
- 4:3 Med. 1/Fine - 2073 KB
- 4:3 Med. 1/Super Fine - 3,173 KB
- 4:3 Large/Fine - 3,537 KB
- 4:3 Large/Super Fine - 5,661 KB
- 16:9 Large/Fine - 2,915 KB
- 16:9 Large/Super Fine - 4,507 KB
- 3:2 Large/Fine - 3,247 KB
- 3:2 Large/Super Fine - 5,134 KB
- 1:1 Large/Fine - 2,640 KB
- 1:1 Large/Super Fine - 4,224 KB
- Movie Full High Definition 1920 x 1080, 24 fps** - 4,355 KB/sec.
- Movie High Definition 1280 x 720, 30 fps* - 3,053 KB/sec.
- Movie 640 x 480, 30 fps* - 1,415 KB/sec.
- Image Storage Capacity:
- Image Quality Modes (JPEG):
- Super Fine, Fine
- File Format:
- Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF Version 1.1 (Digital Print Order Format) compliant
- Image Recording Format:
- Still Image: JPEG (Exif 2.3 compliant)
Movies: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM Stereo)
- Recording Media:
- SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC memory card
- Continuous Shooting
- Approx. 2.4 shots/sec. (in P mode); Approx. 6.2 shots/sec. (in High-speed Burst)
- Shooting Modes:
- Auto, Hybrid Auto, P, Portrait, Smooth Skin, Smart Shutter (Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Detection Self-timer), High-speed Burst, Handheld Night Scene, Snow, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Color Accent, Color Swap, Soft Focus, Long Shutter, Fireworks, Stitch Assist, Super Slow Motion Movie
Shooting movies is possible with the movie button.
- Photo Effect:
- My Colors - Off, Vivid, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Custom Color (Adjustment of contrast, sharpness, saturation, red, green, blue and skin tone are available)
- Operates with approx. 2 sec. or 10 sec. delay, Custom (Shooting start time (0 - 15 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1 - 10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified)
- Playback Modes:
- Still Images and Video: Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal detection), Rotate (not available for Full HD or HD movies), Search (Date, Movies, Still Images)
Still Images: Single, Index (4-100 thumbnails), Magnification (2x-10x), Information Display (Histogram, Overexposure Warning), Red-eye Correction, i-Contrast, Resize, Resume Playback, Transition, Photobook Set-up
Videos: Normal Playback (Audio settings available in 5 levels), Pause, Slow Motion, Skip Backward (approximately 4 seconds), Previous Frame (fast-forward available), Next Frame (fast-rewind available), Skip Forward (approximately 4 seconds)
- Erase Modes:
- Still images: Select image, all images
The image data in the memory card stored with the Design rule for Camera File systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).
Movies can be erased individually.
- Dedicated female connector with unified type of digital (USB), audio and video
Video Output (NTSC or PAL selectable), Audio Out (Stereo)
Other: Mini-HDMI connector: connection to high definition monitor; Memory card slot. Direct connection to Canon CP, SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable.
- Power Sources:
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery NB-4L (included) or AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC60 (sold separately)
- Shooting Capacity (NB-4L):
- Still Image*: approx. 220 shots, ECO Mode: approx. 300 shots
Playback Time: Approx. 240 min.)
- Operating Range:
- Operating Temperature: 32 - 104º F (0 - 40º C); Operating Humidity 10 - 90%
- Dimensions (W x H x D):
- 3.83 x 2.22 x 0.89 in. (97.2 x 56.4 x 22.5 mm)
- Approx. 5.08 oz. (144 g) including the battery and memory card
Approx. 4.41 oz. (144 g) camera body only