Canon PowerShot ELPH 130 IS
Also available in Red and Gray.
Get Silver Canon PowerShot ELPH 130 IS Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized U.S. Retailer for Canon
and Many Other Fine Brands!
The Canon PowerShot ELPH 130 IS digital camera captures emotions and memories to share in stunning quality. To give users a simple, yet enhanced image sharing experience, Canon's built-in wireless functionality has evolved with new options that help make posting on social networking sites easy. Also for users who are constantly on the move, the PowerShot ELPH 130 IS camera is outfitted with ECO Mode, a new feature that provides approximately 30 percent longer battery life when enabled, allowing it to shoot more photos for a longer amount of time.
Additionally, with features such as an 8x Optical Zoom with 28mm wide-angle lens, and 16-megapixel sensor with a DIGIC 4 Processor, the PowerShot ELPH 130 IS digital camera is a stylish, versatile and easy-to-use camera with advanced technologies for a great shot any time. Adding to its appeal, the camera also features Smart AUTO, which provides an effortless way to get great images in many situations. The 3-inch LCD screen and Intelligent IS also makes photographing easy, with a compact and sleek design. The PowerShot ELPH 130 IS digital camera is available in a variety of stylish colors: red, grey and silver.
Canon PowerShot ELPH 130 IS Key Features
- Canon PowerShot ELPH 130 IS Digital Camera Supplied Accessories:
- Lithium-Ion Battery Pack NB-11L
- Battery Charger CB-2LF
- Wrist Strap WS-800
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Canon Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- Built-in Wi-Fi®
- The wireless functionality built into the PowerShot ELPH 130 IS is easy and intuitive and provides users with more connectivity options. With the download of the free Canon CameraWindow app* from an Android™ or iOS® app store, users can connect to both iOS or Android™ smartphones and tablets** to wirelessly transfer photos and videos from their camera to their device. This camera also has the ability to connect directly to social networking sites using Canon's iMAGE GATEWAY4, making photos easily accessible and ready to share. In addition, the PowerShot ELPH 130 IS digital camera has the ability to connect to computers and select PowerShot cameras with wireless functionality, making it possible for images to be available in various locations. And for even more connectivity options, photos can be printed using PictBridge5 on select Canon printers, including the new PIXMA MG6320 or PIXMA MX922 Wireless Photo All-In-One printers.
To make connecting easy, a new wireless history menu lists the last three connections used for uploading and sharing images. For users who want to share their images with friends and family, the advanced wireless functionality with social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube lets users comment directly from the camera. In addition, users can share images and directly comment to Facebook groups, so the effort of first sending the images to a smartphone, and then posting to Facebook is no longer necessary.
- Genuine Canon Wide-Angle Lens With 8x Optical Zoom, 32x Combined Zoom
- The Canon PowerShot ELPH 130 IS camera is equipped with a 28mm equivalent wide-angle lens with 8x Optical Zoom. The retractable 8x optical zoom lens with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 28 - 224 mm, making it ideally suitable for a wide range of photographic applications from landscapes and snapshots to portraits and macro at a working distance as close as just over an inch from the subject. The 4x digital zoom extends the zoom range to 32x when combined with the 8x optical zoom.
Canon's heritage as an imaging company dates back over 70 years to the company's founding in 1934. Since then, Canon has worked hard to perfect the process of creating extremely high-quality optics for its line of imaging products and is now the world's largest manufacturer of cameras and lenses. Canon is a global leader in optical design, with many advanced and original technologies that allow Canon users to achieve the sharpest images possible.
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Canon's sophisticated Optical Image Stabilizer technology uses miniature gyroscopic sensors to detect motion and generate a corrective signal. An image stabilizing lens group along the optical axis is shifted in response to the detected motion, providing effective cancellation of unwanted lens movement and vibration. The benefits are obvious and enormous: in still photography, the camera can now be handheld at slower shutter speeds without resulting in blurred images. Handheld video footage is smoother -- free of the unsteadiness that can make viewing home movies tiresome.
The PowerShot ELPH 130 IS's Lens-Shift type optical image stabilization system is based on advancements made in the development of Canon's EF lenses and video lenses. Unlike electronic or digital image stabilization systems that typically degrade image quality, the PowerShot ELPH 130 IS digital camera's lens shift-type preserves maximum optical performance.
- Intelligent IS
- One of the most important innovations for a point-and-shoot camera has been Image Stabilization (IS) since it helps improve image quality by reducing camera blur for both images and videos. Canon has taken this technology one step further with the Intelligent IS which automatically chooses from six different modes (Normal, Macro, Panning, Dynamic, Powered, Tripod) to optimize image stabilization and help achieve crisp, blur-free images for various shooting conditions.
- Big 3-inch LCD Monitor With Wide Viewing Angle
- The PowerShot ELPH 130 IS features a big, brilliant widescreen 3.0-inch, LCD with a wide viewing angle, making images easier to preview and review and camera menus easier to read in a wide range of lighting conditions. The camera's 3.0-inch, 461,000-pixel LCD screen gives you the big picture, whether you're shooting, reviewing or showing off your images. Clear and bright, it also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light.
- 16.0 Megapixel CCD Image Sensor
- The PowerShot ELPH 130 IS features a 1/2.3-inch CCD image sensor with 16-megapixel resolution. The A4000 IS captures 4608 x 3456 pixel images with exceptional detail and color fidelity.
- ECO Mode Helps Reduce Power Consumption For Longer Battery Life
- The PowerShot ELPH 130 IS takes energy conservation to the next level with ECO Mode, which provides more shots per single charge through LCD monitor and camera power management. ECO Mode can be activated for easy power preservation when an outlet is unavailable or the moment is too exciting to put the camera down. ECO Mode quickly wakes the camera from sleep when a button is pressed. With ECO Mode activated to conserve power, you can even stay connected for longer with the built-in Wi-Fi feature on the PowerShot ELPH 130 IS. When the fun with family and friends runs late into the night, you can be assured your camera can keep up.
- 720p HD (1280 x 720 Pixels at 25 fps) Video
- When it comes to capturing a child walking for the first time or a person diving into a pool on vacation, shooting HD video is the ideal option. The PowerShot ELPH 130 IS digital camera captures 720p HD Video. With 720p HD, you never have to worry about poor video quality. Record with confidence and then watch your videos directly on your HDTV, so you and your family can remember those great memories in crisp detail. When it comes to capturing a child walking for the first time or a person diving into a pool on vacation, shooting HD video is the ideal option. It also helps a person to relive the experience when looking back at the images. This feature offer extraordinary resolution, color and clarity to all cherished moments. Helping to heighten the quality of video, the PowerShot ELPH 130 IS includes Miniature Effect movie mode. Available as a scene mode for shooting still photography, the Miniature Effect movie mode creates the illusion where large objects are shown in miniature proportions, providing a creative way to play back video.
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- Developed to speed up all operations between shooting and recording images, the DIGIC 4 Image Processor ensures that the PowerShot ELPH 130 IS operates as quickly and intuitively as possible. Thanks to the DIGIC 4 Image Processor, the implementation of technologies like Face Detection Self-Timer and Intelligent Contrast Correction do not slow down the camera's performance, or drain excessive battery power, ensuring that no matter the shot, you're always ready to go.
DIGIC 4 builds on the superb performance of Canon's DIGIC II and DIGIC III predecessors. As the "nerve center" of the camera, DIGIC 4 brings excellence to many areas. Images have brilliant color and smoother gradations, and performance is fast and responsive. DIGIC 4 also empowers some of Canon's most advanced features including Face Detection, Face Detection Self-Timer and high ISO for images in low light with improved noise reduction. DIGIC 4 not only allows higher ISO settings for beautiful images in low light or fast action shots, but also reduces the resulting 'noise' to keep image quality at its best.
- Smart AUTO
- Simply point and shoot and Smart AUTO makes your ordinary picture exceptional. The system detects and analyzes faces, brightness, colors, distance and movement, then compensates and enhances to make every image the best it can be by selecting an appropriate setting for the scene. Smart AUTO selects the proper settings for the camera based on 32 predefined shooting situations. The system detects the shooting situation and shows you the result on screen.
- 18 Shooting Modes, Including SMART Auto
- The Canon ELPH 130 IS offers a wide variety of shooting modes to optimize the camera's performance based on user preferences or shooting conditions. With 18 Shooting Modes including Smart Auto, you're ready for whatever shot comes your way. These modes include:
- SMART Auto - The camera chooses all the settings so you can concentrate on your subject.
- Program - Access advanced exposure compensation features while shooting mostly automatically.
- Portrait - The camera sets a large aperture, focuses the subject and artistically blurs the background to make your subject "pop".
- Smart Shutter - Smile Self-Timer, Wink Self-Timer, Face Detection Self-Timer
- Low Light - For high quality image capture in an amazing range of dimly-lit situations.
- Fisheye Effect - Uses barrel distortion to warp the image around the center, giving a distinctive curvature effect to the photo. The curvilinear images produced by Fisheye Effect can suggest the curve of the Earth, the inside of a dome, or the image you see through the peephole of a door.
- Miniature Effect - Creates an illusion where very large objects appear in miniature proportions. Turn soaring cityscapes into a scene in seemingly dollhouse-like proportions.
- Toy Camera Effect - Simulates photos taken with "toy" or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Monochrome - Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue
- Super Vivid - Intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect - Combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Color Accent - Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap - Enables users to alter specific colors in an image by sampling another color from the same image or any other image on the camera's memory card.
- Snow - Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects and bluish tint.
- Long Shutter - Uses a long exposure for an artistic effect. Great for urban photography.
- Stitch Assist - Build inspiring panoramas by neatly aligning sequential images.
- Fireworks - Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Movie - Capture 720p HD or VGA videos.
- Advanced Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB Technology
- Your most cherished image often feature faces, and Canon's advanced Face Detection Technology gives every face its best chance to shine. With Canon's Advanced Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB function, the ELPH 130 IS can detect, lock on, and track up to 35 human faces in a scene. It can even detect profiles. The face detection algorithm automatically prioritizes and selects faces (based on Canon's Intelligent Scene Analysis/iSAPS technology). It will then optimize the focus, exposure, white balance and flash to help ensure the best possible results for even easier picture taking moments. The result is flattering portraits and group shots where all of the subjects are in clearer focus and accurately exposed.
- Intelligent Contrast Correction
- DIGIC 4 also makes possible the i-Contrast (Intelligent Contrast Correction) system, which controls the compensation level in pixel units to brighten dark areas while leaving bright areas unchanged for better images where the main subject is dark, and more natural transition.
- Motion Detection Technology
- Canon's Motion Detection Technology makes it easier than ever to capture a clear, sharp image every time. As you compose your photos and snap away, it automatically optimizes ISO settings based on change of brightness and frame interval information, and motion detected by Optical Image Stabilizer, Face Detection, AE function and AF technology.
- Smart Shutter Technology (Smile Self-Timer, Wink Self-Timer, Face Detection Self-Timer)
- The Canon PowerShot ELPH 130 IS has Smart Shutter technology, which detects faces in the scene and releases the shutter automatically in response to the appearance of an additional face, or when a smile or sassy wink occurs. These technologies help to make your photography less rushed and more natural, so getting the perfect shot is even easier.
- Canon iSAPS Technology
- Over the past 68 years, Canon has accumulated a vast amount of photographic data and know-how and used it to create some of the most innovative camera products in the marketplace. Now, using that same data and know-how, Canon has developed an exclusive technology called iSAPS (Intelligent Scene Analysis based on Photographic Space) that can predict certain camera settings such as focusing distance, exposure and optimum white balance based on zoom focal length, overall light level and tonal distribution data. Canon refers to this collective data as "Photographic Space." By incorporating iSAPS technology into its PowerShot line, the cameras can analyze a scene just before the image is made and in doing so, increase the speed and precision of the camera's autofocus, auto exposure and auto white balance.
- Advanced Red-eye Correction
- Red-eye Correction provides three options for removing red-eye from subjects in flash pictures. The Red-eye Correction during shooting actually identifies and corrects red-eye in human subjects as pictures are taken. The ELPH 130 IS can be set to automatically detect and correct red-eye during image playback. You can manually locate any red eyes in a scene during image playback on the LCD screen, and command the camera to remove them.
- SDHC / SDXC / SD Memory Card Compatibility
- The PowerShot ELPH 130 IS is compatible with the newest SDHC memory cards.
- Direct Printing
- You've taken the picture, reviewed it, like it and can not wait to print it out. What next? Direct Printing significantly expands the appeal of the PowerShot ELPH 130 IS digital camera by making it simple, quick and convenient to produce high-quality photos without the need for a personal computer. Simply connect the ELPH 130 IS directly to a Canon Compact or Canon Direct Photo Printer, as well as PictBridge compatible printer. Beyond its Direct Print capability with Canon's Compact Photo Printers and acclaimed Canon Direct Photo Printers, the camera is also PictBridge compatible, an industry standard that offers the flexibility of direct printing to other brands of PictBridge compatible printers.
The PowerShot ELPH 130 IS digital camera supports Exif Print, a worldwide standard that transfers important camera settings and data from the camera to the printer ensuring the photos you print will look true to life. Moreover, DPOF 1.1 (Digital Print Order Format) lets users specify the images to be printed or execute batch printing of selected images.
- Noise Reduction
- Experienced photographers know that high ISO speeds can coincide with increased levels of noise: aberrant or stray signals that degrade image quality. With Canon's exclusive DIGIC 5 Image Processor, there is no need for compromise. DIGIC 5 offers a major boost in noise reduction signal processing to compensate for the higher ISO settings it enables.
- High-Speed USB 2.0
- The pace of image transfer is accelerated (when used with a USB 2.0 compatible computer, printer or other peripheral) thanks to the inclusion of a High-Speed USB 2.0 port. The USB 2.0 port is backwards compatible (at no increased speed) with computers featuring standard USB 1.1 connections.
- My Colors Function
- My Colors lets you customize color before shooting and correct individual colors on the LCD screen as you shoot! Whether the desired effect is to make the color more real or surreal, these digital dynamos are capable of capturing and saving both the original still image and the enhanced color versions as separate files on the camera's SD memory card. Where previously, users could only enable "My Colors" while shooting, the current iteration permits captured images to be retouched as well, without the need for special software applications or tools.
Twelve modes offer many options:
- Vivid Green - Add vivid dimension to greens for extraordinary nature shots.
- Vivid Red - Charge up red objects in your images for extra impact.
- Vivid Blue - Emphasize the sea, sky, or other blue areas.
- Lighter Skin Tone - Lighten your subjects' skin tones paler.
- Darker Skin Tone - Darken skin tones a shade.
- Color Accent - Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap - Enables users to alter specific colors in an image by sampling another color from the same image or any other image on the camera's memory card.
- Positive Film - Combines Vivid Red, Vivid Green and Vivid Blue to achieve a positive film effect.
- Neutral Color - Produces images of subtle, elegant tonality.
- Sepia - Recreates the look of vintage photographs.
- Black & White - Delivers enhanced clarity -- especially useful when shooting text.
- Custom Color - Set balance of red, green, blue and skin colors; finely adjust brightness and vividness.
- Built-in Multi-Mode Flash
- Adding to the power of this aptly named PowerShot camera is a powerful built-in flash with six modes: auto, auto with red-eye reduction, flash on (fill-in flash), flash on with red-eye reduction, flash off and slow synchro.FE lock is available.
- White Balance Control
- Different light sources have different temperatures that can dramatically affect the quality of pictures. So the camera is equipped with selectable high-precision White Balance Settings to handle a full range of shooting conditions. There are 5 presets: Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent and Fluorescent H. Plus there's also Custom and an Auto settings.
- Selectable Light Metering
- The PowerShot ELPH 130 IS provides a range of Canon's highly advanced exposure features that offer greater control and greater convenience. Selectable Light Metering offers three settings. In the Evaluative setting, the camera reads multiple points across the frame for optimal overall exposure. The Spot Metering setting concentrates on a single area at the center of the image for greater precision in high contrast situations. Centerweighted Averaging Metering, with emphasis on the center of the viewfinder, averages metering out over the entire picture area.
Canon PowerShot ELPH 130 IS Specifications
- Type of Camera:
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash and Optical image stabilizer (OIS) system, 8x optical zoom / 4x digital zoom / 32x combined zoom
- Image Capture Device:
- Approx. 16.6 million pixel gross, 1/2.3-inch CCD, Approx. 16.0 Million Effective Pixels
- 5.0 - 40.0 mm, f/3.2 - f/6.9 zoom lens (equivalent to 28 - 224 mm in 35mm format)
- Optical Zoom
- Digital Zoom
- Focus Range:
- Normal AF: 0.4 in. (1 cm) - infinity (WIDE), 4.3 ft. (1.3 m) - infinity (TELE)
Macro: 0.4 in. (1 cm) - 1.6 ft. (50 cm) (WIDE)
- Autofocus System
- TTL Autofocus
- Maximum Aperture
- f/3.2 (W), f/6.9 (T)
- Shutter Speed:
- 1-1/2000 sec.
15-1/2000 sec. (Total shutter speed range)
- Exposure Control:
- Program AE, AE Lock is available
- Exposure Compensation:
- +/- 2.0 EV in 1/3 step increments (not available when shooting movies)
- Light Metering Method:
- Evaluative (Control to incorporate facial brightness in Face Detection AE), Center-weighted average or Spot metering (Metering frame when spot is center fixed)
- ISO Sensitivity:
- Auto or User Set ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 equivalent (in P mode); 6400 (in Low Light mode)
- White Balance Control:
- Auto (Control to incorporate color of faces in Face Detection AF), Pre-set (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H), or Custom
- Built-in Flash Modes:
- Auto, Flash On, Slow Synchro, Flash Off
- Flash Range:
- 1.6 ft. - 11 ft. (50 cm - 3.5 m) (W), 4.3 - 5.6 ft. (1.3 m - 1.7 m) (T) (When ISO is set to Auto)
- Flash Recycling Time:
- Approx. 10 sec. or less (battery voltage = 3.7 V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation:
- LCD Viewfinder:
- 3.0-inch TFT color LCD with wide viewing angle, Approx. 461,000 pixels, LCD Coverage 100%
- Resolution (Recording Pixels):
- Still Image 16:9 - 4608 x 2592 (Large), 3264 x 1832 (Medium 1), 1920 x 1080 (Medium 2), 640 x 360 (Small)
Still Image 3:2 - 4608 x 3072 (Large), 3264 x 2176 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1064 (Medium 2), 640 x 424 (Small)
Still Image 4:3 - 4608 x 3456 (Large), 3246 x 2448 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1200 (Medium 2), 640 x 480 (Small)
Still Image 1:1 - 3456 x 3456 (Large), 2448 x 2448 (Medium 1), 1200 x 1200 (Medium 2), 480 x 480 (Small)
Movie - HD: 1280 x 720 (25 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps*);
Miniature Effect - HD: 1280 x 720 (Shooting: 5 fps, 2.5 fps or 1.25 fps, Playback: 25 fps); 640 x 480 (Shooting: 6 fps, 3 fps or 1.5 fps, Playback: 30 fps*)
- File Size: (average)
- 4:3 Small/Fine - 150 KB
- 4:3 Small/Super Fine - 249 KB
- 4:3 Med. 2/Fine - 558 KB
- 4:3 Med. 2/Super Fine - 1,002 KB
- 4:3 Med. 1/Fine - 2,060 KB
- 4:3 Med. 1/Super Fine - 3,436 KB
- 4:3 Large/Fine - 4,093 KB
- 4:3 Large/Super Fine - 6,912 KB
- 16:9 Large/Fine - 3,069 KB
- 16:9 Large/Super Fine - 5,184 KB
- 3:2 Large/Fine - 3,638 KB
- 3:2 Large/Super Fine - 6,144 KB
- 1:1 Large/Fine - 3,069 KB
- 1:1 Large/Super Fine - 5,184 KB
- Movie High Definition 1280 x 720, 25 fps - 2,621 KB/sec.
- Movie 640 x 480, 30 fps* - 1,416 KB/sec.
- Image Storage Capacity:
- Image Quality Modes (JPEG):
- Super Fine, Fine
- File Format:
- Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF Version 1.1 (Digital Print Order Format) compliant
- Image Recording Format:
- Still Image: JPEG (Exif 2.3 compliant)
Movies: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM 2-channel monaural)
- Recording Media:
- SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC memory card
- Continuous Shooting
- Approx. 0.8 shots/sec. (in P Mode); Approx. 2.9 shots/sec. (in Low Light Mode)
- Shooting Modes:
- Smart AUTO (also available for movies), P, Portrait, Smart Shutter (Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Detection Self-timer), Low Light, Snow, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Color Accent, Color Swap, Fireworks, Long Shutter, Stitch Assist, Movie.
- Photo Effect:
- My Colors - Off, Vivid, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Custom Color (Adjustment of contrast, sharpness, saturation, red, green, blue and skin tone are available)
- Operates with approx. 2 sec. or 10 sec. delay, Face Self-Timer, Custom (Shooting start time (0 - 15 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1 - 10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified)
- Playback Modes:
- Still Images and Video: Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal detection), Rotate, Search (Date, Movies, Still Images, Favorites, People)
Still Images: Single, Index (4-100 thumbnails), Magnification (2x-10x), Information Display (Histogram, Overexposure Warning), Resume Playback, Transition, Red-eye Correction, i-Contrast, Trimming, Resize, Photobook Set-up
Videos: Normal Playback (Audio settings available in 5 levels), Slow Motion, Skip Backward (approximately 4 seconds), Skip Forward (approximately 4 seconds), Previous Frame (Rewind also available), Next Frame (Fast-forward also available)
- Erase Modes:
- Still images: Select image, select range, all images (all filtered images)
The image data in the memory card stored with the Design rule for Camera File systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).
Movies can be erased individually.
- Dedicated female connector with unified type of digital (USB), audio and video
USB: Hi-Speed USB
Video Output (NTSC or PAL selectable), Audio Out (Monaural)
Other: Memory card slot. Direct connection to Canon CP, SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable.
- Power Sources:
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery NB-11L (included) or AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC90 (sold separately)
- Shooting Capacity:
- Still Image*: approx. 190 shots (NB-11L)
ECO Mode: Approx. 260 shots
Playback Time: Approx. 240 min. (NB-11L)
- Operating Range:
- Operating Temperature: 32 - 104º F (0 - 40º C); Operating Humidity 10 - 90%
- Dimensions (W x H x D):
- 3.76 x 2.20 x 0.81 in. (95.4 x 56.0 x 20.6 mm)
- Approx. 4.69 oz. (133 g) including the battery and memory card
Approx. 4.13 oz. (117 g) camera body only