Canon PowerShot D20 Blue Digital Camera
Get Canon PowerShot D20 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized U.S. Retailer for Canon
and Many Other Fine Brands!
Waterproof down to 33 feet, shock-proof up to 5 feet and freeze-proof as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit, the Canon PowerShot D20 is built with the active photographer in mind. Outfitted with an easy-to-access button, the camera enables users to switch from normal photo mode to snow or underwater mode, even with gloves on. To help make the underwater photos as great as those captured on dry land, the camera has a built-in underwater macro mode producing amazing pictures up close while diving or snorkeling. When recording video, the camera includes wind reduction technology to help capture clear audio even in breezy conditions. It touts an impressive array of features including the HS SYSTEM incorporating a 12.1-megapixel high-sensitivity CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4 image processor, 1080p Full HD video and a 5x optical zoom lens. Also included is a 3.0-inch LCD screen, GPS-capabilities allowing users to track their locations and tag each photo with latitude, longitude, and elevation information and Intelligent IS (GPS functions will not operate while the camera is underwater).
The PowerShot D20 features Canon's exclusive DIGIC 4 Image Processor, with proprietary technology which accounts for the camera's high performance levels, including signal processing speed and high image quality. This chip paves the way for a host of features including Canon's Smart AUTO. Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper camera settings based on the specific shooting conditions of each scene, ensuring that all images are accurately focused, exposed, stabilized and white-balanced before the shutter is even pressed. Using data derived from Canon's Optical Image Stabilization, Genuine Face Detection and Motion Detection Technologies, Smart AUTO automatically adjusts a multitude of settings including brightness and hue, during various shooting situations.
Canon PowerShot D20 Key Features
- Canon PowerShot D20 Digital Camera Supplied Accessories:
- Lithium-ion Battery Pack NB-6L
- Battery Charger CB-2LY
- Wrist Strap WS-DC8
- Strap Mount
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- Waterproof To 33 Feet, Cold Resistant And Shockproof Up To 5 Feet
- Life can take you almost anywhere. So Canon engineered a digital camera durable enough to go where you go and produce the kind of awe-inspiring images that will earn your respect. It's the PowerShot D20 and it is no ordinary digital camera. This unique camera is waterproof down to 33 feet (10 meters) so you can take it scuba diving, snorkeling or surfing. It's freezeproof and can withstand extremes of temperature from 14-104°F so it's also ideal for snowboarding, mountaineering and more. Plus, it's shockproof up to five feet, so when the going gets rough, the D20 will keep going strong.
- High Sensitivity (HS) System
- Whether shooting a large family photo at a sunset wedding or capturing a historical monument at night, the PowerShot D20 digital camera captures clear, exceptional images in low-light settings thanks to Canon's HS System. Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor combined with a 12-megapixel High Sensitivity CMOS sensor make up Canon's HS System. The 12-megapixel CMOS Sensor positions the light-receiving surface for optimal light reception. More light means clearer, blur-free images with plenty of detail and nuance, even in dark areas. Working together with the CMOS sensor to deliver the HS SYSTEM is Canon's advanced DIGIC 4 Image Processor, which actively reduces noise and delivers high speed image processing. The HS System enhances image quality and helps reduce noise at high ISO levels. It also helps to accentuate a number of hard-to-get details in images with decreased lighting. Canon's HS System enables users to capture dimly lit scenes without a flash, resulting in a more natural look for photos.
- Genuine Canon Lens with 5x Optical Zoom, 20x Combined Zoom
- The PowerShot D20's optical brilliance is a perfect match for the outdoor adventures the camera's tough design supports. The 5x Optical Zoom (35mm equivalent: 28 - 140 mm) (operable during video recording, too) brings wildlife and other difficult-to-approach subjects close. The 28mm wide-angle lens makes all your shots more dynamic, and allows you to capture landscapes with their magisterial breadth intact. The optical zoom can be augmented by the camera's 4x digital zoom raising the maximum (35mm equivalent) focal length to that of a 560 mm lens.
Canon's heritage as an imaging company dates back over 70 years to the company's founding in 1934. Since then, Canon has worked hard to perfect the process of creating extremely high-quality optics for its line of imaging products and is now the world's largest manufacturer of cameras and lenses. Canon is a global leader in optical design, with many advanced and original technologies that allow Canon users to achieve the sharpest images possible.
- Canon Optical Image Stabilizer (IS) Technology
- Unlike electronic image stabilizer systems that typically cause degradation of image quality, Canon's Lens Shift Optical IS system is based on the advancements made in the development and refinement of Canon's EF and video lenses. The Canon Image Stabilizer uses gyroscopic sensors to detect motion and generate a corrective signal to reduce blur caused by camera movement. An image-stabilizing lens group along the optical axis is shifted in response to the detected motion, providing effective cancellation of unwanted lens movement and vibration. Result-photos taken while zoomed in and at slower shutter speeds are not blurry, even without a tripod.
- Intelligent IS
- One of the most important innovations for a point-and-shoot camera has been Image Stabilization (IS) since it helps improve image quality by reducing camera blur for both images and videos. Canon has taken this technology one step further with the Intelligent IS which automatically chooses from six different modes (Normal, Macro, Panning, Dynamic, Powered, Tripod) to optimize image stabilization and help achieve crisp, blur-free images for various shooting conditions.
- High-Resolution 3-inch PureColor System LCD Monitor
- The D20 digital camera's 3-inch LCD screen gives you the big picture, whether you're shooting, reviewing or showing off your images. This high-resolution (461,000 dots) screen offers a crisp, clear picture to make shooting, playback and using the camera's menu functions especially convenient. Many LCD screens on the market today use a striped arrangement of dots that works great for text and menus, but is not ideal for imagery. The PowerShot D20's PureColor System LCD uses a delta arrangement of dots, which works better for the organic nature of photos and videos, allowing you to review your images with exceptional clarity with rich, true-to-life color. The PureColor System LCD is also ultra-durable to withstand heavy use in all sorts of conditions. Just as importantly, it offers clarity you won't find elsewhere. Outdoors in sunlight, color is faithfully reproduced, while a high contrast ratio ensures that you'll see exactly what you're shooting from any viewing angle. This makes it easy to frame shots quickly in tight situations.
- GPS Tracker
- The PowerShot D20 digital camera is equipped with Global Positioning System (GPS)* technology. Now you can travel the world and let the camera automatically record the locations, elevation and local times of your stills and videos for you to vividly remember time and time again! You can also maximize the usefulness of this GPS technology by using the special bundled Map Utility software that makes sharing the memories of your worldly adventures very fun. Besides displaying all your photos' locations on a world map, the D20 digital camera's GPS system can also track your route from photo to photo -- a great way to visualize how much you've traveled during a particular trip! You can also create and share custom maps -- like a personal mini-travel guide -- with friends and family members to give them ideas on what to see and do when they visit a particular destination.
- 12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS
- 12.1 megapixels of resolution give your photography incomparable depth and ensure that any section of any shot can be enlarged and cropped with no loss in quality when you edit the image and even in large printout. It creates crisp, clear 13" x 19" posters. Taking advantage of its own proprietary technologies, Canon develops and produces its own CMOS sensors. They fulfill the primary functions of an imaging sensor -- sensitive, accurate, low noise capture of image data -- with electrifying performance. Unlike CCD sensors, CMOS sensors convert and amplify signals before they are transferred to the image processor, enabling them to produce exceptionally clean image data and reduce power consumption by as much as 90%. They incorporate the latest in CMOS engineering advances, significantly reducing digital noise and expanding the useful ISO range.
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- Developed to speed up all operations between shooting and recording images, the DIGIC 4 Image Processor ensures that the PowerShot D20 operates as quickly and intuitively as possible. Thanks to the DIGIC 4 Image Processor, the implementation of new technologies like Face Detection Self-Timer and Intelligent Contrast Correction do not slow down the camera's performance, or drain excessive battery power, ensuring that no matter the shot, you're always ready to go.
DIGIC 4, one of Canon's most advanced image processors ever, builds on the superb performance of its DIGIC II and DIGIC III predecessors. As the "nerve center" of the camera, DIGIC 4 brings excellence to many areas. Images have brilliant color and smoother gradations, and performance is fast and responsive. DIGIC 4 also empowers some of Canon's newest and most advanced features including Blink Detection, Face Detection, Face Detection Self-Timer and ISO 3200 for images in low light with improved noise reduction. DIGIC 4 not only allows higher ISO settings for beautiful images in low light or fast action shots, but also reduces the resulting 'noise' to keep image quality at its best.
- Full HD (1920 x 1080 Pixels at 24 fps) Movie Mode
- The Canon PowerShot D20 with HD movie gives you the ultimate convenience of owning an advanced still camera that also creates superb movies. HD Movies with 1920 x 1080 pixels at 24 fps capture your memories with dazzling clarity, realism and brilliance. The PowerShot D20 also includes spectacular movie functionality. With the Movie button, simply push and you can start shooting video and never miss the perfect moment. When shooting movies, you can get up close with the 14x Optical Zoom for riveting detail and realism, from the overall appearance to facial expressions! And the camera's Smart AUTO technology that helps ensure the perfect still image works to bring that same quality to your movies.
- iFrame Movie Support
- With the PowerShot D20, you can also shoot video in the Apple™ iFrame format, a computer-friendly standard that speeds up importing and editing of videos. It keeps file sizes small, making it more convenient to upload or e-mail high-quality videos. The iFrame format enjoys native support in compatible Mac and Windows video applications, making it unnecessary to perform time-consuming and often quality-degrading conversions.
- Smart AUTO
- Simply point and shoot and Smart AUTO makes your ordinary picture exceptional. The system detects and analyzes faces, brightness, colors, distance and movement, then compensates and enhances to make every image the best it can be by selecting an appropriate setting for the scene. Smart AUTO selects the proper settings for the camera based on 32 predefined shooting situations. The system detects the shooting situation and shows you the result on screen.
- 22 Shooting Modes, Including Smart AUTO
- The Canon D20 offers a wide variety of shooting modes to optimize the camera's performance based on user preferences or shooting conditions. These modes include:
- Smart AUTO - Smart AUTO selects the proper settings for the camera based on 18 predefined shooting situations so you can concentrate on your subject. Smart Auto also available for movies.
- Program - Access advanced exposure compensation features while shooting mostly automatically.
- Movie Digest Mode: Records a video clip before capturing a still image and then combines one day's worth of clips into a video.
- Portrait - The camera sets a large aperture, focuses the subject and artistically blurs the background to make your subject "pop".
- Smart Shutter - Smile Self-Timer, Wink Self-Timer, Face Detection Self-Timer
- Handheld Night Scene - Suppresses image blur even without the help of a tripod.
- Low Light - The Low Light mode takes the Canon PowerShot D20 bravely into the shadows -- literally.
- Fisheye Effect - Uses barrel distortion to warp the image around the center, giving a distinctive curvature effect to the photo. The curvilinear images produced by Fisheye Effect can suggest the curve of the Earth, the inside of a dome, or the image you see through the peephole of a door.
- Miniature Effect - (also available for videos) Creates an illusion where very large objects appear in miniature proportions. Turn soaring cityscapes into a scene in seemingly dollhouse-like proportions.
- Toy Camera Effect - Simulates photos taken with "toy" or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Monochrome - Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue
- Super Vivid - Intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect - Combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Color Accent - Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap - Enables users to alter specific colors in an image by sampling another color from the same image or any other image on the camera's memory card.
- Underwater - Achieve natural-looking color even when shooting underwater.
- Underwater Macro - For sharp close ups even when shooting underwater.
- Snow - Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects and bluish tint.
- Fireworks - Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Long Shutter - Uses a long exposure for an artistic effect. Great for urban photography.
- Stitch Assist - Build inspiring panoramas by neatly aligning sequential images.
- Movie - Standard, iFrame Movie, Super Slow Motion Movie
- Intelligent Contrast Correction
- DIGIC 4 also makes possible the new i-Contrast (Intelligent Contrast Correction) system, which controls the compensation level in pixel units to brighten dark areas while leaving bright areas unchanged for better images where the main subject is dark, and more natural transition.
- Motion Detection Technology
- Canon's Motion Detection Technology makes it easier than ever to capture a clear, sharp image every time. As you compose your photos and snap away, it automatically optimizes ISO settings based on change of brightness and frame interval information, and motion detected by Optical Image Stabilizer, Face Detection, AE function and AF technology.
- Advanced Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB Technology
- Your most cherished image often feature faces, and Canon's advanced Face Detection Technology gives every face its best chance to shine. With Canon's Advanced Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB function, the D20 can detect, lock on, and track up to 35 human faces in a scene. It can even detect profiles. The face detection algorithm automatically prioritizes and selects faces (based on Canon's Intelligent Scene Analysis/iSAPS technology). It will then optimize the focus, exposure, white balance and flash to help ensure the best possible results for even easier picture taking moments. The result is flattering portraits and group shots where all of the subjects are in clearer focus and accurately exposed.
- Blink Detection
- Blinking subjects can ruin the best shots, and the problem usually isn't detected until it's too late to do anything about it. The PowerShot D20 is equipped with Canon's new Blink Detection to combat this common image flaw. The feature uses the power of Face Detection to determine whether any subject in the previous shot had closed eyes. If closed eyes are detected, a "blink warning" icon appears for 3 seconds, allowing you to re-take the shot before your subject or subjects move on.
- ISO 3200 Sensitivity
- Canon's advanced DIGIC Image Processor enables a range of ISO equivalent settings from 100 to 3200, achieving excellent image quality under darker conditions without a flash. With camera shake greatly reduced, you can shoot high quality images in many more situations. With Canon's latest Motion Detection Technology, it's even more advanced -- it also factors in camera or subject movement when setting ISO automatically.
- Canon iSAPS Technology
- Over the past 68 years, Canon has accumulated a vast amount of photographic data and know-how and used it to create some of the most innovative camera products in the marketplace. Now, using that same data and know-how, Canon has developed an exclusive technology called iSAPS (Intelligent Scene Analysis based on Photographic Space) that can predict certain camera settings such as focusing distance, exposure and optimum white balance based on zoom focal length, overall light level and tonal distribution data. Canon refers to this collective data as "Photographic Space." By incorporating iSAPS technology into its PowerShot line, the cameras can analyze a scene just before the image is made and in doing so, increase the speed and precision of the camera's autofocus, auto exposure and auto white balance.
- Advanced Red-eye Correction
- Red-eye Correction provides three options for removing red-eye from subjects in flash pictures. The Red-eye Correction during shooting actually identifies and corrects red-eye in human subjects as pictures are taken. The D20 can be set to automatically detect and correct red-eye during image playback. You can manually locate any red eyes in a scene during image playback on the LCD screen, and command the camera to remove them.
- Direct Printing
- You've taken the picture, reviewed it, like it and can not wait to print it out. What next? Direct Printing significantly expands the appeal of the PowerShot D20 digital camera by making it simple, quick and convenient to produce high-quality photos without the need for a personal computer. Simply connect the D20 directly to a Canon Compact or Canon Direct Photo Printer, as well as PictBridge compatible printer and press the blue lighted Print/Share button on the back of the D20 and you are printing. Beyond its Direct Print capability with Canon's Compact Photo Printers and acclaimed Canon Direct Photo Printers, the camera is also PictBridge compatible, an industry standard that offers the flexibility of direct printing to other brands of PictBridge compatible printers.
The PowerShot D20 digital camera supports Exif Print, a worldwide standard that transfers important camera settings and data from the camera to the printer ensuring the photos you print will look true to life. Moreover, DPOF 1.1 (Digital Print Order Format) lets users specify the images to be printed or execute batch printing of selected images.
- SDHC / SDXC / SD Memory Card Compatibility
- The PowerShot D20 is compatible with the newest SDXC memory cards. This next-generation storage features massively increased capacity (up to 2 terabytes) and notably faster operation.
- Noise Reduction
- Experienced photographers know that high ISO speeds can coincide with increased levels of noise: aberrant or stray signals that degrade image quality. With Canon's exclusive DIGIC 4 Image Processor, there is no need for compromise. DIGIC 4 offers a major boost in noise reduction signal processing to compensate for the higher ISO settings it enables.
- Fast and Responsive Shutter
- The Canon PowerShot D20 has a maximum shutter speed of 1/1600 second and can capture full-resolution still photos continuously at rates up to 1.9 fps.
- White Balance Control
- A choice of preset White Balance settings gives you natural-looking images under almost any lighting condition. There's Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H and Underwater. Select the one that fits your environment. You can also create and store a custom setting by focusing on a piece of white paper under your light source.
- My Colors Function
- My Colors lets you customize color before shooting and correct individual colors on the LCD screen as you shoot! Whether the desired effect is to make the color more real or surreal, these digital dynamos are capable of capturing and saving both the original still image and the enhanced color versions as separate files on the camera's SD memory card. Where previously, users could only enable "My Colors" while shooting, the current iteration permits captured images to be retouched as well, without the need for special software applications or tools.
Twelve modes offer many options:
- Vivid Green - Add vivid dimension to greens for extraordinary nature shots.
- Vivid Red - Charge up red objects in your images for extra impact.
- Vivid Blue - Emphasize the sea, sky, or other blue areas.
- Lighter Skin Tone - Lighten your subjects' skin tones paler.
- Darker Skin Tone - Darken skin tones a shade.
- Color Accent - Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap - Enables users to alter specific colors in an image by sampling another color from the same image or any other image on the camera's memory card.
- Positive Film - Combines Vivid Red, Vivid Green and Vivid Blue to achieve a positive film effect.
- Neutral Color - Produces images of subtle, elegant tonality.
- Sepia - Recreates the look of vintage photographs.
- Black & White - Delivers enhanced clarity -- especially useful when shooting text.
- Custom Color - Set balance of red, green, blue and skin colors; finely adjust brightness and vividness.
- Evaluative Metering, Center-Weighted Average Metering and Spot Metering
- Three light-metering modes are available for precise exposure. Canon's sophisticated Evaluative metering is the ideal metering choice for most situations. There's also Center-weighted metering, which is perfect for shooters who prefer to dial in their own exposure compensation. Finally, for the utmost precision, there's Spot metering -- which can measure a tiny area at the center of the image.
- High-Speed USB 2.0
- The pace of image transfer is accelerated (when used with a USB 2.0 compatible computer, printer or other peripheral) thanks to the inclusion of a High-Speed USB 2.0 port. The USB 2.0 port is backwards compatible (at no increased speed) with computers featuring standard USB 1.1 connections.
- Built-in Flash
- Shooting with flash never slows down the action. The camera's 3-mode built-in flash includes Red-Eye Reduction.
Canon PowerShot D20 Specifications
- Type of Camera:
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash and Optical image stabilizer (OIS) system, 5x optical zoom/ 4x digital zoom/ 20x combined zoom
- Image Capture Device:
- 12.8 million pixel gross, 1/2.3-inch CMOS, Approx. 12.1 Million Effective Pixels
- 5.0 - 25.0 mm, f/3.9 - f/4.8 zoom lens (equivalent to 28 - 140 mm in 35mm format)
- Optical Zoom
- Digital Zoom
- Focus Range:
- Normal AF: 2.0 in. (5 cm) - Infinity (WIDE), 3.3 ft. (1 m) - infinity (TELE)
Auto: 0.4 in. (1 cm) - infinity (WIDE), 3.3 ft. (1 m) - infinity (TELE)
Macro (WIDE): 0.4 in. - 1.6 ft. (1 - 50 cm)
- Autofocus System
- TTL Autofocus
- Maximum Aperture
- f/3.9 (W), f/4.8 (T)
- Shutter Speed:
- 1 - 1/1600 sec.
15 - 1/1600 sec. (Total shutter speed range)
- ISO Sensitivity:
- Auto (optimal ISO speed is automatically set depending on the shooting mode), or User Set ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 equivalent (Standard Output Sensitivity. Recommended Exposure Index)
- Exposure Control:
- Program AE, i-Contrast; AE Lock
- Light Metering Method:
- Evaluative (Control to incorporate facial brightness in Face Detection AF), Center-weighted average or Spot metering (Metering frame when spot is center fixed)
- Exposure Compensation:
- +/- 2.0 EV in 1/3 step increments (not available when shooting movies)
- White Balance Control:
- Auto*, Pre-set (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Underwater) and Custom White Balance
- Built-in Flash Modes:
- Auto, Red-eye Reduction, Auto Red-eye Correction, Flash On, Flash Off; FE lock, Slow Synchro
- Flash Range (when sensitivity is set to ISO Auto):
- 1.0 - 11.0 ft. / 30 cm - 3.4 m (W), 3.3 - 9.8 ft. / 1.0 - 3.0 m (T)
- Flash Recycling Time:
- 10 sec. or less (battery voltage=3.7V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation:
- Shooting Modes:
- Smart Auto (also available for movies), P, Movie Digest, Portrait, Smart Shutter (Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Self-timer), Snow, Fireworks, Underwater, Underwater Macro, Long Shutter, Color Accent, Color Swap, Stitch Assist, Handheld Night Scene, Low Light, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Movie (Standard, iFrame Movie, Super Slow Motion Movie)
- Photo Effect:
- My Colors: Off, Vivid, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Custom Color (adjustment of contrast, sharpness, saturation, red, green, blue and skin tone are available)
- Approx. 10-sec. delay
Approx. 2-sec. delay
Custom: shooting start time (0-15 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1-10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified
- Continuous Shooting
- Approx. 1.9 shots/sec. (in P Mode)
Approx. 1.9 shots/sec. (in Low Light Mode) Approx. 6.8 shots/sec. (in High-Speed Burst mode)
- Wireless Control:
- LCD Monitor:
- 3.0-inch TFT color LCD with wide viewing angle , Approx. 461,000 pixels, LCD Coverage Approx. 100%
- Resolution (Recording Pixels):
- Still Image: 4000 x 3000 (Large), 3264 x 2448 (Medium 1), 2592 x 1944 (Medium 2), 1600 x 1200 (Medium 3/Date Stamp), 640 x 480 (Small), 4000 x 2248 (Widescreen)
Movie: 640 x 480 (30 fps), 320 x 240 (30 fps) Available up to 4GB or 60 minutes per clip
- Resolution (Recording Pixels):
- Still Image 16:9 - 4000 x 2248 (Large), 2816 x 1584 (Medium 1), 1920 x 1080 (Medium 2), 640 x 360 (Small)
Still Image 3:2 - 4000 x 2664 (Large), 2816 x 1880 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1064 (Medium 2), 640 x 424 (Small)
Still Image 4:3 - 4000 x 3000 (Large), 2816 x 2112 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1200 (Medium 2), 640 x 480 (Small)
Still Image 1:1 - 2992 x 2992 (Large), 2112 x 2112 (Medium 1), 1200 x 1200 (Medium 2), 480 x 480 (Small)
Movie - Full HD: 1920 x 1080 (24 fps**), HD: 1280 x 720 (30 fps*), 640 x 480 (30 fps*)
Super Slow Motion Movie - 640 x 480 (120 fps shooting, 30 fps* playback), 320 x 240 (240 fps shooting, 30 fps* playback)
iFrame Movie - 1280 x 720 (30 fps*)
Miniature Effect - HD: 1280 x 720 (6 fps, 3 fps or 1.5 fps shooting, 30 fps* playback); 640 x 480 (6 fps, 3 fps or 1.5 fps, 30 fps* playback)
- File Size: (average)
- 4:3 Small - 150 KB
- 4:3 Med. 2 - 558 KB
- 4:3 Med. 1 - 1620 KB
- 4:3 Large - 3084 KB
- 4:3 Low Light- 836 KB
- 16:9 Large - 2311 KB
- 3:2 Large - 2738 KB
- 1:1 Large - 2301 KB
- Movie Full High Definition 1920 x 1080, 24 fps** - 4355 KB/sec.
- Movie High Definition 1280 x 720, 30 fps* - 3054 KB/sec.
- Movie 640 x 480, 30 fps* - 1416 KB/sec.
- Movie 320 x 240, 30 fps* - 495 KB/sec.
- Image Storage Capacity:
- File Format:
- Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF Version 1.1 (Digital Print Order Format)
- Image Recording Format:
- Still Image: JPEG (Exif 2.3 compliant); Movie: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM, Monaural)
- Recording Media:
- SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Playback Modes:
- Still Image and Movie: Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal detection), Image Advance (Operation Tools, Transition effects, Scroll Display), Rotate, Favorites, My Category, Smart Shuffle, Filtered Playback, Slide Show (Playback Interval, Repeat, Effect, Playlist)
Still Image: Single, Index (4-100 thumbnails), Magnification (2x-10x), Information Display, Red-eye Correction, i-Contrast, Trimming, Resize, My Colors, Focus Check, Histogram, Overexposure Warning
Movie: Normal Playback (auto settings available in 5 levels), Slow Motion (5 levels including normal playback, sound not available), Special Playback, Editing, Resume
- Erase Modes:
- Still Image: single image, all images (all filtered images), select range
Movie: any movie files
The image data in the memory card stored with the Design rule for Camera File systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).
Using the Movie editing function, sections of the movie (1 sec. increments) can be deleted.
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed mini-B compatible (Dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
Video Output: NTSC or PAL selectable (Dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
Audio Out: Monaural (Dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
Other: Mini-HDMI cable: connection to high definition monitor; SD Memory card slot; Direct connection to Canon CP, SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable.
- Power Sources:
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery NB-6L
AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC40 (optional)
- Shooting Capacity:
- Still Image*: approx. 280 shots
Playback Time: Approx. 5 hours
- Operating Range:
- Operating Temperature: 14 - 104º F (-10 - 40º C); Operating Humidity 10 - 90%
- Dimensions (W x H x D):
- 4.42 x 2.79 x 1.10 in. (112.3 x 70.8 x 28.0 mm)
- Approx. 7.2 oz. (205 g) camera only
Approx. 8.0 oz. (228 g) including the battery and memory card