Gitzo GK2580QR Photo Tripod Kit
Get Gitzo GK2580QR Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized online etailer for Gitzo
and Many Other Fine Brands!
The Gitzo GK2580QR is a complete kit for professional photography that includes the GH2780QR Quick Release Magnesium Center Ball Head and the GT2541 Series 2 Mountaineer 4-Section Carbon Fiber Tripod.
Replacing the Gitzo GT2540, the Gitzo GT2541 Mountaineer Tripod supports cameras up to 26.5 pounds and has a maximum height with extended center column of 60.2 inches. The GT2541 tripod features Gitzo's third ultra low leg spread to take full advantage of the Ground Level Set and is provided with Gitzo's Power Disc for a safer head locking. Series 2 is the ideal solution for photographers looking for a solid tripod without sacrificing weight. The Gitzo GT2541 weighs just 3 pounds. The Gitzo GH2780QR Magnesium Center Ball Head replaces Gitzo's G1278M Center Ball Head. The GH2780QR supports cameras up to 30.8 pounds. Gitzo's new magnesium center ball heads are designed to deliver the perfect balance of high max load, smoothness, minimized drift angle, lightweight design, low center of gravity, greater tilt angles, compactness, ergonomics and safety. This is achieved through numerous Gitzo exclusive technical solutions, such as the hollow Bubble Ball, the Spring Assisted Double Lock (SADL) and new leveling system.
Gitzo GT2541 Carbon Fiber Series 2 Mountaineer Tripod
Replacing the Gitzo GT2540, the Gitzo GT2541 Mountaineer Tripod supports cameras up to 26.5 pounds and has a maximum height with extended center column of 60.2 inches. Series 2 Reporter Mountaineer Tripods are recommended for lightweight camcorders, spotting scopes and Digital SLRs with a range of lenses up to 300mm. They offer excellent maximum load capacity and good torsional rigidity. The GT2541 tripod features Gitzo's third ultra low leg spread to take full advantage of the Ground Level Set and is provided with Gitzo's Power Disc for a safer head locking. Series 2 is the ideal solution for photographers looking for a solid tripod without sacrificing weight. The Gitzo GT2541 weighs just 3 pounds.
When Gitzo launched the Mountaineer tripods in 1994, they were the World's first carbon fiber tripods. Ever since then they've set the standard for performance and quality. The main feature of the range is the new 6X carbon fiber tube, made of a unique structure of six crossed layers that maximizes rigidity, vibration absorption and lightweight performance. 6X tube has a high density structure made of top quality ultra-thin carbon fibers (7µm or 0.007 mm).
Built-in Anti Leg Rotation is now a feature of the whole carbon fiber range. Mountaineer tripods have been further improved with features and details that increase performance, versatility and quality. G-Lock is Gitzo's leg locking system that increases system rigidity by 20% and allows quicker and stronger leg locking. Series 2 and 3 Mountaineer tripods now feature the new aluminum Power Disc for a more secure locking of the head thanks to the additional locking screw. Removable rubber feet and column hook assembly are now provided with a self locking system to avoid accidental loss. All new Mountaineer tripods come with a convenient anti dust bag for storage and packing. The textile anti dust bag is friendly to the environment, helping to reduce the volume of plastic bags introduced into the world market.
Mountaineer tripods now feature the new aluminum Power Disc, with an additional locking screw to securely lock the head in position.
Gitzo GT2541 Tripod Key Features
- 4-Section Tripod With 60.2-inch Maximum Height (Center Column Extended)
- Carbon Tube 6X Multilayer Technology
- The GT2541 is exceptionally rigid and resistant to torsion, but, thanks to the new Carbon 6X ALR tube, surprisingly light and fast to operate. Gitzo 6X is a high density tube made of top quality ultra thin (7µm) carbon fibers (a 28mm tube contains 1,500,000 carbon fibers). The fibers are combined in a unique structure of 6 crossed layers that minimizes weight yet maximizes rigidity, vibration absorption and performance. In order to optimize the weight-to-strength ratio, Gitzo varies the wall thickness of 6X tube according to tripod series: tubes for series 2 tripods are 1.2mm thick.
- Ground Level Set With 6.7-inch Minimum Height
- For low angle shooting, the center column can be removed and the upper disc fitted directly to the tripod top casting. The disc is locked into position using the retractable column hook. The ground level configuration can be achieved in a few seconds without tools or extra components, and only the column need be removed. With this effective and simple built-in solution Gitzo has dramatically increased the ways you can use the tripod. The Gitzo ground level set is patent pending. Series 1, 2 and 3 Mountaineer tripods now feature a new third leg spread that allows you to go very close to the ground. This third leg position allows you to take full advantage of the Ground Level Set. The GT2541 allows you to shoot at a minimum height of just 6.7 inches.
- Power Disc With Safe Lock
- The redesigned upper disc is improved via Gitzo's new Power Disc technology. Made of machined aluminum topped with Safe Lock material, it includes two locking screws -- one for the column and one for the head -- granting a rock-solid connection of the whole system. Gitzo's Safe Lock material is a special techno polymer that maximizes locking torque and equipment stabilization. It is used on the upper discs of tripods and heads, and in applications where the equipment is rotated and screwed onto the support to eliminate micro movements and vibration. The 1/4"-3/8" reversible screw has been redesigned for more reliable functionality.
- G-Lock is the new Gitzo leg locking system. The locking mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. Unwanted play between lock parts has been eliminated so leg sections lock together as one to give the tripod a rock solid structure. G-Lock's special design also provides a 'gravity lock' effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock.
- ALR (Anti Leg Rotation)
- Gitzo's new Anti Leg Rotation system means the tripod can be opened in less than 15 seconds. Simply loosen all the twist locks on each leg at the same time, then pull the leg down and tighten the locks individually.
- Rapid Column
- The center column locking collar above the tripod shoulder makes it easier to adjust the column quickly. Series 1 and above are built with an anti-rotation grooved center column for improved stability.
- Reversible Column
- The rapid column can easily be inverted for an alternative shooting angle or low level macro work.
- Built-in Hook
- This built-in accessory allows you to hang a stabilizing weight (e.g. a full camera bag or a sand/water bag) from the bottom of the tripod center column. Useful with long heavy lenses, uneven ground or in windy conditions. The hook can hold up to 39.7 pounds (18 kg).
- Removable Rubber Feet
- The Gitzo GT2541 tripod is provided with removable rubber feet. This feature allows you to easily change worn out rubber feet or to fit other accessories, such as spiked feet or snow/sand shoes. The removable rubber feet have also been improved with a self-locking system that avoids accidental loss.
Gitzo GT2541 Tripod Specifications
- Column Type
- Maximum Height With Extended Center Column
- 60.2 inches (153 cm)
- Maximum Height
- 51.2 inches (130 cm)
- Minimum Height
- 6.7 inches (17 cm)
- Closed Length
- 21.9 inches (55.5 cm)
- Leg Sections
- Maximum Load Capacity
- 26.5 pounds (12 kg)
- 3.0 pounds (1.36 kg)
Gitzo GH2780QR Series 2 Quick Release Magnesium Center Ball Head
The Gitzo GH2780QR Magnesium Center Ball Head replaces Gitzo's G1278M Center Ball Head. The GH2780QR supports cameras up to 30.8 pounds. Gitzo magnesium center ball heads are renowned for their smooth and precise movements and high quality manufacturing. PTFE is applied to the ball and blocking pads to eliminate all traces of jarring and skipping. The result is highly accurate positioning adjustments, even with long tele lenses. The Gitzo GH2780QR center ball head features a revolutionary material for quick release plates that replaces traditional cork plates. Safe Grip, a high grip material, holds your equipment safely and prevents it from moving or slipping.
Gitzo is renowned for its state-of-the art range of high-performance tripods. Gitzo's innovative range of center ball heads is engineered to be the perfect match to their tripods. These heads are designed to deliver the perfect balance of high max load, smoothness, minimized drift angle, lightweight design, low center of gravity, greater tilt angles, compactness, ergonomics and safety. This is achieved through numerous Gitzo exclusive technical solutions, such as the hollow Bubble Ball, the Spring Assisted Double Lock (SADL) and new leveling system. The Bubble Ball allows for an impressive weight reduction while providing these heads the best weight to max load ratio in the market. The revolutionary SADL system combined to the PTFE treated Bubble Ball guarantees both an exceptional locking power and ultra smooth high precision movement.
Gitzo GH2780QR Video Head Key Features
- Gitzo Bubble Ball
- The Gitzo Bubble Ball comes from an exclusive technology that enables Gitzo to produce high-quality, perfectly round hollow spheres with a ultra thin wall, for an incredible weight reduction. The Gitzo Bubble Ball not only guarantees a dramatic weight reduction, but it also allows Gitzo to increase the size of the ball for each series, with great improvements in locking performance and in the smoothness of movement. The Gitzo Bubble Ball also features an improved PTFE treatment that further reduces the surface micro roughness for the ultimate shooting experience and accuracy.
- PTFE Low Friction Treatment Eliminates Jarring and Skipping
- PTFE is a special treatment that generates a unique ultra-smooth surface and dramatically reduces friction between moving parts. This treatment bonds strongly with metal surfaces and ensures long-lasting performance. PTFE is one of the lowest-friction materials known to science, with the same friction coefficient as melting ice. On the GH2780QR ball head, the ball sits on PTFE bushings for smooth, precise and fine movements.
- SADL (Spring Assisted Double Lock)
- The Gitzo GH2780QR Magnesium Center Ball Head features a mechanical system called SADL (Spring Assisted Double Lock) that for the first time maximizes both locking power and smoothness of movement thanks to a completely new concept. This unique and patent pending system combines two locking systems in one. When the head needs to be fully locked, the sphere is compressed by a high friction metal to achieve a high efficiency lock. In all intermediate positions the sphere works on PTFE bushings that maximize smoothness and control. The PTFE bushing is controlled by a pre-loaded spring. The efficiency of the system is further increased by the ultra wide locking pads that exist on the largest diameter of the sphere, thus ensuring a much higher max payload for given ball diameter.
- New Leveling Bubble System
- The levelling bubble helps you to get your photographs, film or scope viewing perfectly horizontal or vertical. Gitzo's production staff set all levelling bubbles by hand in order to ensure 100% accurate level indication. The GH2780QR Center Ball Head features a unique advanced system of leveling bubbles. This system allows the user to precisely control the leveling of shots in any position and conditions, in both portrait and horizontal position, with both short and long lenses. The head features four leveling bubbles, three on the quick release plate and one in a new exclusive position, in the ball stem. This innovative bubble in the ball stem is specifically designed to assist you in controlling the horizon in portrait position. The other three bubbles on the plate ensure that you always have one bubble in front of you and one bubble on the side for both horizontal and portrait leveling accuracy, no matter if the plate is used longitudinally or at 90 degrees to your shooting axis.
- Separate Friction Control
- The Gitzo GH2780QR features a convenient friction control that allows the user to set the stroke of the locking knob. By fine tuning the freedom of movement of the head, friction control makes the head slower and more precise or faster and looser. This feature also helps to make using heavy equipment or long lenses safer.
- Improved Quick Release System
- The new Gitzo center ball heads introduce a new generation of quick release systems. The GH2780QR features a new lever locking system for improved safety and compactness. The tension of the locking lever can be adjusted according to the plate used by means of a small knob. The locking tension should be adjusted in order to keep the lever completely folded in the rest position when closed. Gitzo quick releases feature a double safety system that prevents the equipment from dropping out of the head when the plate is released.
- Double Quick Release Safety System
- The system consists of two pins, one fixed and one manually operated by means of a button, that prevent camera equipment from suddenly dropping out of the head when the quick release locking knob is released. Extremely useful with heavy equipment, long lenses and spotting scopes.
- Safe Grip
- Safe Grip is a material that gives a safer lock between your camera and the head plate, preventing the camera from moving or slipping. It is used on quick release plates and in applications where the camera equipment is screwed to the support to reduce pivoting and twisting.
- Separate Pan Control
- When using a ball head, the ability to lock and unlock the panoramic movement independent of front-back or lateral tilt movements is convenient for panoramic photography and when a high level of control is required.
- Magnesium Construction
- In 1996 Gitzo was the first to use Magnesium in camera supports. Magnesium comes in different grades and Gitzo only uses material of the highest grade quality. Mainly used for heads, magnesium offers significant weight savings being 30% lighter than aluminum.
Gitzo GH2780QR Video Head Specifications
- Head Type
- center ball
- 360 degrees
- +100 degrees / -18 degrees
- Pan Locking
- Ball Locking
- Friction Control
- Head Height
- 4.3 inches (11 cm)
- Plate Type
- quick release with 1/4-inch screw
- Maximum Load Capacity
- 30.8 pounds (14 kg)
- 1.1 pounds (0.5 kg)